/who/ - Doctor Who General

Class is going to be shit, you know it's true edition

Shit Trips doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/File:Shit_Trips_Vol_1_Final_Version.pdf

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

uni.edu/morgans/astro/course/TheStar.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=P9pXq3i9z4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=bJlIVwOIOKU
downlode.org/Etext/nine_billion_names_of_god.html
beneath-ceaseless-skies.com/stories/the-traitor-baru-cormorant-her-field-general-and-their-wounds-by-seth-dickinson/
whoguide.com/mysterio.htm
twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/786203744908173313
bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04bs724
youtube.com/watch?v=V8Vupj-BGEA
fathomevents.com/event/doctor-who
beaumontlondon.com/clients/fady-elsayed
bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2016/43/class?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_press_office&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=corporate
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A shit spin off from a shit show. It's pure pottery.

Will S10 be Capaldi's last season?

I can only hope.

Don't think so.

>I have no reason to suppose that I’m writing out a Doctor! Peter is loving the role, and long may he do so

>"There is no need for that to be the case , thats what happened the last time and that why people are thinking that way. If you look back at the history of the show, producers and doctors , they leave at different times. There is no need for those things to be in sync. - Moffat

>At the end we got to meet them and shake their hands. I looked Peter right in the eye and said "Don't you go anywhere." and he winked at me and said, "Don't you worry."

[YouTube] DOCTOR WHO Full Panel - New York Comic Con 2016 (embed) Apparently he says he has "absolutely no plans to go" in this video but I have no idea what time in the video it's said.

Which is the best episode of Season 1?

Hopefully not

Also he said Chibnall had asked him to stick around but had decided yet.

>tfw you know that SHIELD is over after this season
>tfw you don't live in the alternate universe where she was the new companion

FML

*SHARTS*

Dalek or Empty Child/Doctor Dances

Basically we'll all become Sontarans.

Resisting the temptation to name an individual episode from the 1963-64 season, I'm going to say Father's Day.

The Expedition

>Trips
The prophet has spoken, out with Capaldi, onto the next poor fucker.

It'll either be a negro or a female. Possibly both.

>tfw you remember that Matt Lucas was in Aliens of London

the one thing I found hard to swallow about Hell Bent is that the Time Lords have a machine in their back office that has the side-effect of destroying the whole universe if you use it incorrectly. It's not even a weapon or anything, it's just a standard piece of time-technology as far as I can tell. I mean, how did the Extraction Chambers never make any trouble during the Time War? And did nobody think of creating safety precautions in order to prevent these kind of situations? They even had a prophecy warning them about it.
Hybrid or not, it was only a matter of time before somebody fucked up and put the whole universe in danger.
The story tries to up the stakes and tell us something about the relationship of the Doctor and Clara but all I can think of is that the Time Lords must have the most dangerous coffee machine ever.

pic related to the best moment of Shekelston

I loved Father's Day, I didn't expected to have such a good development, I don't know, I enjoyed to links of Rose's family through season 1 and 2, quite caring. Even if I hate her, worst companion.

And for Nu/who/?

Here's an idea for a series arc.

Starts with the opening two parter where the Doctor and his companion meet an alien race that is watching over the universe's species, studying them and archiving their history, and one of them is a young apprentice who embarks with them for the two parter on behalf of his master and the Doctor who know each other, that takes them across the universe for some reason.

At the end of Episode 10, his master is killed and his kind's ship is blown up, all of this being revealed to be his own work in a shocking twist. He's indeed seen the cycle of the violence of the living beings and has now decided they don't deserve to live anymore. All of this because of the Doctor taking him onboard for the opening two parter. He's seen the hatred, the violence of the living beings, their disregard of laws and their never learning from their mistakes and always going back at war time and time again for useless things. His plan is to destroy the universe and he has the power to do so, now that his kind is gone, killed by himself.

In Episode 11 and 12, the finale, the Doctor and Bill must work against their old friend to stop him.

Amy's character is based on having to defend herself from being called mentally ill all her life, and the loss of her parents. Her feistiness is basically a mask, and she's scared to be vulnerable. She has an almost child-like fascination with the Doctor, and although that is expressed at first in sexual terms (when she's about to commit to a relationship, which means vulnerability), she eventually breaks out of that.

Clara's character is based on the fact that she's a little haughty, and has found someone who can help her become something greater. She likes being in control, and likes being in charge. Her flaws are based on that—both in how she spins out of whack, when life steals away what she loves and she seeks to have power over that outcome no matter what the cost, and how her death is caused by her trying to take control of the situation, without thinking of all the variables. Clara's fascinated with the Doctor, but not like a child—more like someone who she at first fancies, then later as someone she bonds with on a deep emotional level, almost as equals.

River Song has been taught since young that she is a sociopath. She isn't, but it's very hard to break conditioning. Her depth comes from her realizing that, and learning how to deal with loving a man she was designed to kill.

All three of these characters are different, and would react differently in the same situation. All three would probably quip, but for different reasons, and in different ways.

This poster gets it.

Thanks for reposting the anthology.

Does anyone have any more feedback?

>And for Nu/who/?
I can't really remember much from series 1 so I'm just gonna say Dalek.

So, /who/, care to explain me what's the hybrid? I still don't get it.

Pls no bully

I think Capaldi is going to stay till at least Series 11. Why would Moffat talk up the first episode of S10 as a new beginning if Chibnall was just going to take over and do it again.

The first Thirteen Doctors will always be "shitlords" and no-one can change that so whatever.

actually, what was that hybrid deal, I forget, who was it about in the end?

>he has just witnessed the explosion of the ship and the death of his own kind, he smiles and walks to the IA of his own ship

>Initiate Part 2 of the plan.
>Part 2 initiated. Which planet do you want to destroy first?
>*smiling madly* ... All of them.

It was 12 and Clara.

>DOCTOR: It's okay. It's okay. I went too far. I broke all my own rules. I became the Hybrid. This is right. I accept it.

I think it's was a fantastic end for Amy and Rory, it was all sudden and for being like that, we could see that Amy really had strong feelings for Rory, enough to leave the Doctor and stay with him until the end. When I started to watch season 5 I thought it would be something like Mickey and Rose but it wasn't, Rory really wanted to stay with her no matter what, that's what it makes their end perfect, the love that grow even bigger after their adventure.

>yfw based calamari stays forever

Ok, it was him and Clala. So he knew it that he would cause the Hybrid right? Why the hybrid thing was so bad? It's because Clala went along with him and changed too much of his past and future?

(I wanted to get in the discussion from the last thread, but took too long to type my shit and we arrived at bump limit before I could post, so I'll put this here.)

I can't believe that people still argue that Moffat's DW is less inspiring morally than RTD.

I'll just say something that some people here won't like: Hell Bent is great. And it is because of Clara's final ending. I'll even go further and say that if you don't like Hell Bent, then I'm not even sure why you like Doctor Who at all, because it completely represents the spirit of the show: "There's a funnier, better alternative."

Really, why does everyone loves the "everybody lives" from The Doctor Dances and then shit on Hell Bent for doing the same? The Doctor refusing a bad ending because he actually has the ability to change things for the better is as good and inspiring a moral can get. So is the "don't be cruel or cowardly and if you ever are, always make amends" that Moff has been doing since his first series. That's what the Doctor should be and what the best heroes are: Not great because of just how otherworldly powerful and charismatic they are, but because behind that, they can still fail. And when they do, they get back up, learn their lesson, and set up to show the better exemple. How many shows nowadays that are as popular as DW have this kind of heroes and morals?

Most would prefer a dramatic ending for the sake of epicness, for aesthetic reasons. That's what RTD did several times, having something bad happening so the Doctor can look badass as fuck (Family of Blood ending), sad under dramatic rainfall (Journey's End), or both (The Runaway Bride).

...All that said, I can still agree with to a certain extent. Moffat's version of the show is less lighthearted/colorful and I miss that. There's way too much "OMG will the Doctor die?" style plots. Same with the banter in the characters interactions, too much of that. It feels less warm and natural than what we had before.

Read the Shit Trips story titled "The Hybrid" to find out.

>episode 11 ending with a massive cliffhanger, the guy has tried to make the Doctor realise he should help him, him out of people as he's seen all the worst and lived the worst one
>12 refuses
>the guy shoots him, telling him he had to go
>12 starts regenerating
>the guy says he's studied the Time Lords and knows their abilities, "I'm sorry Doctor" and shoots again
>THE END

>So he knew it that he would cause the Hybrid right?
I don't think he knew. He thought it was Ashildr.

>Why the hybrid thing was so bad?
I guess because 12 was willing to go so far to save Clara.

reminder that the hybrid originated with Jim Mortimore

What do you think of my story, Immigrant senpai?

I liked it. Having someone the Doctor saved be a villain, and stay a villain, might be interesting.

Although Series 9 semi-did that.

Oh, yes, that was one of my favorites. Even though I never liked the concept of the Doctor being someone even far bigger than we can see with a dangerous secret (fuck the Cartmel masterplan, seriously.), and thus prefer the lost misfit with driven by curiosity. But since DW has no canon, I like that both versions are valid. In other words, you could say that I like the possibility of this fiction.

Was there any other stories you liked?

How about Hanky-Panky or Magnetism?

And I liked the story too. Cathartic wrote the type of story that I dream about writing.

"Nothing happens" the fanfic. Did you write that one?

No. I wrote all the fics labeled with my name.

Are you the same one who said "What's the plot?" in "Fuuko's Story"?

FANNY back at it again:

I have a major update for you.

Christmas Special
The Doctor grants a boy his wish to become a Superhero.

A Star In Her Eye
Bill is studying at university.
The Doctor is working undercover in some sort of capacity as a University lecturer.
The Doctor is guarding a secret in the basement. It could be linked to the season finale and
Major Spoiler - there is speculation it could be the next incarnation of the Doctor.

The second episode - apparently this is really aimed at children and involves evil emoticons on mobile phones.

The Victorian London episode - the Thames freezes over and there is a monster underneath the Thames.

One episode involves puddles on the streets that are alien entities.

Major spoiler -there is a Genesis of the Cybermen story - it is not the finale and comes mid series.

The series finale is spectacular but no other info at the moment.

I just read Magnetism too and it has no plot whatsoever. Nothing.

Read this for me, please. Does it have a plot: uni.edu/morgans/astro/course/TheStar.pdf

>Bill is studying at university.
>The Doctor is working undercover in some sort of capacity as a University lecturer.
We already knew this.

>The Doctor is guarding a secret in the basement. It could be linked to the season finale and Major Spoiler - there is speculation it could be the next incarnation of the Doctor.
Major spoiler =/= speculation. Fucking idiot.

>The second episode - apparently this is really aimed at children and involves evil emoticons on mobile phones.
We already knew.

>The Victorian London episode - the Thames freezes over and there is a monster underneath the Thames.
Literally conjecture based on the filming pics.

>One episode involves puddles on the streets that are alien entities.
That's episode 1, we know based on filming.

>Major spoiler -there is a Genesis of the Cybermen story - it is not the finale and comes mid series.
Literally lies.

>The series finale is spectacular but no other info at the moment.
She wouldn't know, Moffat hasn't written it yet.

She's full of shit.

>uni.edu/morgans/astro/course/TheStar.pdf
Yes it does. And like most good short stories it also has a punchline.

>yfw the classic series writer is Marc Platt and he's adapting Spare Parts

So, does this show get better after Season 6? Loved 1-5, but 6 is kinda bad somehow. Does it get better again?

It gets better in Day Of The Doctor onwards.

How could I improve my story, then? I'm open to constructive criticism.

>mfw Jim Mortimore writes a comic revealing that the Doctor is the Hybrid, half Time Lord and half Dalek, retroactively created by abstract cosmic embodiments of both races to end the Time War
>mfw a story with such a shit premise actually turns out GOAT
>mfw it's in a fan anthology so seven people will ever read it

Where's that from?

The only person who can truly answer that question is you. Don't rely on the opinions of others, form your own.

Tell me what the story is meant to be about. What has the reader got out of this story? What has changed significantly by the end?
Can anyone pick this story up, not knowing the characters, and read it and get something from it?

I am going to say something a little controversial here but I think Spare Parts is kinda overrated.

of course, cats

GET OUT GET OUT

the only good War Doctor story-collection there is

/who/, on the eve of war.

Tegan starts out hating her adventures with the Doctor. She's sick of it. She's sick of traveling.

Then she meets a woman who is about to die, and is being haunted by literal specters of grief. Eventually, Tegan is chosen to carry on the woman's vision, and realizes just how small Tegan's worries really are.

Thus, she's dragged back into the TARDIS, like magnetism.

I admit that the last third of the story probably should have been rewritten. The theme doesn't quite coalesce as strongly as I wanted. But it's at least hinted.

Hell, I wrote:

>Tegan remembered how, a few minutes ago, she had been ready to walk away from the TARDIS. How much she had hated the strangeness of life

I practically laid out her character shift right there.

I just bit into a crunchy thin potato crisp. Flavour explodes in my mouth, overwhelming every tastebud with its crispy goodness. Ahh, Salt and Vinegar - my favourite! What's YOUR favourite crisp flavour?

Well, it's probably doesn't stand head and shoulders above all other BF like some people say, but it's still very good - say, on a par with Chimes/Death in the Family/Kingmaker/Holy Terror

Will it hurt?

I'm not saying it's shit. It's good but it's not great.

The Doctor will be ice-skating in episode 3.

I didn't think a lot of Hanky Panky. Yeah, sorry to say it like that. It was nice for what it was, but there's just not much I have to say about it.
Though there's this moment where they talk about regeneration and it got me thinking about what the First Doctor thought of something that he had yet to discover. An entire story about that could be interesting, since we never had anything with One on something as important in the show as regeneration, for the obvious reason that the concept didn't exist during Hartnell's time.

Magnetism was good, but I feel like I'm missing something by not knowing who Flora is.

I really liked Crabs. That was from you too, right?

You can say that again. I loved all of his contributions, they really are on a level of their own. My favorite out of them (and probably of all Shit Trips) might be Interference, but that might be because Two is my fav Doctor.

I don't know who wrote Trash Talks which was pretty similar, but it was very good too.

On the comedic side, I loved Nyssa and the Brooklyn Murders (and Leela and the lost journal of Marco Polo, by extension), and The Stone Revolution. Honestly I thought the project would be filled with stories like this one, it is exactly what I expected from /who/.

>I practically laid out her character shift right there.
You may think you did but it's not clear.

The Clark story is a full-on SF short story. It's concise, it's consistent and it leads you towards the twist. Anyone can read this and get the same thing from it.

Yours is a Tegan fanfic. It relies on knowing Tegan, her catchphrases etc
It's Tegan meets dying woman and it's sad.

It's ok as a fanfic but it's no good outside of Tegan fans reading it. Do you see that?

It'll John Hurt.

It would be extremely painful

>Honestly I thought the project would be filled with stories like this one, it is exactly what I expected from /who/.
Hello cats praising himself.

The War Dr juice meme deserves more love.

Actually it was Johnathon Blum and Kate Orman.

'>Tell me something useful,’ he murmured insistently. ‘How can I classify him?’
>‘Well he’s a hybrid, you know that. A Gallifreyan not born of Gallifreyan, the one who unites the two races and brings good old human niceness into their alien society. Aliens need that, y’know.’
>‘A human hybrid.’ She saw the contempt in his curling lip. ‘Pseudoscientific nonsense. There’s no evidence,’ he repeated.
‘>He’s allowed to be different. He’s got a prophecy and everything

Hello Monganon being a psychopathic mentally insane retard.

>It's ok as a fanfic but it's no good outside of Tegan fans reading it. Do you see that?

Was it ever supposed to be anything other than a fanfic -with the specific audience that goes along with it, Tegan fans, as you put it- though?

Thanks. Yeah, maybe I should have leaned more on the "regenration" concept. It was supposed to be a comedic story, but it got serious.

Actually, you're not missing much for Flora. I made it so you don't have to know about Flora to really get it.

All the funny stories were great. I'm surprised most of them were serious.

Anything in particular you like about Crabs? Thanks again.

I see what you mean. I figured anyone who knew Tegan's relationship with Adric might enjoy, but maybe I was wrong. How would you suggest I change it?

Let the adults talk. Go away, drink your juice and take your meds.

Nice trips

Yeah, I figured that anyone who read it would understand the contexts. Writing for an audience of Whovians kinds allows some leeway for that.

>drink your juice

Sir John Hurt posts here?

>tfw the big arc of series 10 is the doctor hiding jazz hands in the basement

>How would you suggest I change it?
I think you should just leave it as a fanfic/roleplaying thing.

Someone's got to fill it after McGann left

>Yeah, I figured that anyone who read it would understand the contexts.
That does not address the lack of plotting but this will never end so forget it.

But you never went into detail about what's wrong with the plotting issue.

THERE
IS
NO
PLOT

Some shit happens to Tegan when she meets some other fucker no one knows is not a plot unless something significant happens :)

>maybe I should have leaned more on the "regenration" concept.

No, I don't think it would've been a good idea. It would have made a weird mixture of comedy and serious stuff. Hanky Panky worked as a simple comedy.

>It was supposed to be a comedic story, but it got serious.
Yeah I know the feeling very well. I did the exact same thing with my contribution. Fuuko's Story So maybe I'm not allowed to give lessons on that, eh?

The significant thing is:

a) the woman's work won't be forgotten, even if she dies

b) Tegan decided to stay in the strange world of traveling in the TARDIS.

GET OUT GET OUT

All of you.

I liked that story. It was a nice one, that inonically, has also been called "no plot!" I liked the subtle shift from humor to "seriousness."

Maybe "stream of consciousness" is not some people's forte.

I care nothing about either of those. That is the problem.

So the problem isn't that there's no plot, but that I failed to make the plot interesting to you.

Were there any stories in the anthology whose plot's did interest you?

Mate. Don't waste your time with him. He's just trolling you. He's gonna call you cats at the end, making you realise you've wasted your time. Stop it here.

>yet another Cybermen origins story
Oh for fuck's sake.

Episode 2 is Greetings From Grin City
Episode 6 is The Glimmer of Death

NO. Now you can fuck off with the arrogant shit where you are never wrong about anything.

Nothing happens in that story. The woman may as well be called 'Woman who might die in the future'. People emote in strange unnatural dialogue and cry about things. The End.

It's rather effeminate fanfic about Tegan meeting a possibly dying woman and emoting about Adric.
It's not a short story in the conventional meaning and almost not a story at all.

Hmm. Actually, I was saying I screwed up by not making the plot interesting enough, that even someone who didn't like Tegan could get something out of it.

What's does effeminate fanfic mean? It's supposed to be a character piece. What dialogue is strange and irrational?

He's got a point you only write women in your fanfics.

Chinballs will prefer to keep an actor already experienced in the role. Will make a whole lot of other production bullshit easier to ease into.

Could get a S11 mid-series regeneration.

after the 6th doctor I dont think they'll try that again.
we will always get Xmas regenerations from no won.

Moffat said getting rid of everything for Eleventh Hour was a nightmare.
He may have advised Chibnall to try and avoid it.

RTD's DW can be quite cynical and nihilistic in a way Moffat's virtually never is. One gets the sense RTD has basically given up on humanity. I don't think Moffat will ever write something quite so baleful as Midnight.

I was about to disagree, but you're right. Everyone who isn't the Doctor tends to be female in my fics.

In my defense, I wrote a male character in Crabs.

i got that midnight was one of the few exceptions, a lot f the time RTD pushed the whole 'humanity is great' meme. there was a theme of the doctor always been influenced by humanity.

Counterpoint: The Toclafane, future humans turned into childlike abominations.

Yeah I guess it was obvious, Trash Talks was me as well. I was just reluctant to say so because my lazy ass delayed finishing it so long. Glad someone enjoyed basically me just shitting on mongo for four pages.

Wait, who are you? Are you "Fuuko" user?

No, cathartic.

Be proud of your work. It was good.

Any other stories you liked in the anthology?

>tfw you find out that Peter 'Blondie' Davison is mixed race

I was charmed by Tardybox's.
And I never new Schemihl could drop such sick rhymes.

>the tenth doctor calls them giants when talking to wilf
>the ninth doctor mentions how great they are in fathers day
>we see that donna saved the 10th doctor from himself as well as Irene Adler
>the doctor says how great we are in Utopia, satan pit

Yeah, Tardy Box wrote a good S7 Clara.

Schemihl's was great.

Good points. Though, Irene Adler?

youtube.com/watch?v=P9pXq3i9z4Q

Kek what the hell is this. It's not even the Irene Adler from Moffat's Sherlock.

Then fanficcers. Always doing crazy things.

Wasn't his hair died ?

It might be a cool twist. The problem with Six's debut ep was that it sucked, and started with Six strangling his companion.

Probably was.

with which?

He has a Guyanese father of mixed race, apparently.

why hasn't doctor who capitalised on creepy clowns and done a halloween special for this year

the astronaught from waters of mars

Just be glad they haven't done a FNAF story.
Also The Greatest Show in the Galaxy

Sure, the classic series did clowns and circuses but I'm surprised nuWho hasn't yet. SJA did a pretty good clown episode (and The Nightmare Man), and Torchwood had the travelling circus thing. Doctor Who should go for a carnival-set episode sometime.

I'd love a Who story set at a creepy old carnival, or an abandoned amusement park (not counting NIS which was purely backdrop).

The Smilers would've looked great in that kind of setting

12 would scoff at all the clowns, until people started dying. Then he'd be like "At lease I'm not bored anymore."

The Smilers should return.

>BBC fucking hates Dr. Who for 26 years and constantly interferes with it, destroys most of the episodes and cancels it twice
>post-NuWho
>BBC just suddenly realizes that the franchise can make them lots of money and will probably never cancel the show
So what happened?

The 21st century, honestly.

Russell T. Davies

You're pretty correct. Russell T. Davies knew how to make the show popular. He always had his eye on how to get the casual audience going along with his show.

Globalization probably did the rest.

Kinda groovy.

Books

I'm glad you liked my nonsense, friend, but Nyssa and the Brooklyn Murders is actually a tragedy about disenfranchisement and loss

Forgot to an image of book

What was the Leela story about?

A roundabout advertisement for Key2Time

And here I thought it was about the foolishness of searching for items of material gain, and how that creates suffering.

Nah man I'm all about material gain, I love buying things

And what's Danny's Story about?

This is Foreman's Doctor.

danny husbando user was begging for a fapfic with Danny and Rigsy and I was bored

Wait where did Jack Miles go

What is this, a Doctor for ants?

They had no bigger size for the picture.

That is Jack Miles.

That is not a genderfluid genius, that is a guy

Where's the real Jack Miles

He'll never beat the Luke Doctor

Luke isn't as good as Nathan

He does actually stick to release schedules though

Should Chinballs return to RTD's standart and have more episodes set on present day Earth?

That's one happy Whomobile.

Fark off NathanWho shitter fun2b

>"You want a tally? Match their achievements against their failings, through the whole of time. I will back humanity against the Shakri every time."

Reminder that Chinballs can actually write good lines sometimes

Chibnal is phenomenal with dialogue and character interactions as well, too bad his overall plots are weak. Still excited to see his take on Who though

I'm somewhat optimistic about Chibnall Who but I still find it hard to imagine he'll be as good as Moffat or RTD. Though he might recover the ratings that have been declining under Moffat.

>tfw we will N E V E R have all the missing episodes

HOW ARE THEY GONNA EXPLAIN THIS ONE

His face is a reminder not to fart.

You got my interest. Where can I read that?

Here: The hyperlink leads to the /who/ anthology. That pdf includes Danny's Story, which is the fapfic, as well as other stories, all written by /who/res.

youtube.com/watch?v=bJlIVwOIOKU

I think I know what that user is talking about with the conclusion. Most short stories have some kind of twist or punch of the ending which I've been trying to emulate myself. Longer stories have a lot of space in between the start and end so there's no immediate need to wrap things up in such a short time so shorter stories are technically harder to write than longer ones. I do think your stories have a conclusion though.

Like the Nine Billion Names of God
downlode.org/Etext/nine_billion_names_of_god.html
The twist ending is that all stars all dying.

Aldiss' Supertoys Last All Summer Long

The twist ending is that the kid is an AI

DO NOT read this if you are planning on reading Seth Dickinson's Traitor Baru Comorant as it will spoil your enjoyment of the book
beneath-ceaseless-skies.com/stories/the-traitor-baru-cormorant-her-field-general-and-their-wounds-by-seth-dickinson/
The twist ending is that she betrays her lover.

Flowers for Algernon
www.sdfo.org/gj/stories/flowersforalgernon.pdf
The ending is written circuitously where the ending mirrors the beginning, these are one of my favourite types of stories.

Roadside Picnic
soviethistory.msu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/picnic.pdf
The heavily fucked up ending where he wants happiness but finds himself unable to do anything except repeat dead words.

That makes sense. And thanks, Nobody.

Have you read the anthology yet?

Yeah, I enjoyed it.

The ratings were fine

BARB Final L+7 Figures:
7.94m- Series 1: Final BARB rating average (13 episodes)
7.71m- Series 2: Final BARB rating average (13 episodes)
7.55m- Series 3: Final BARB rating average (13 episodes)
8.05m- Series 4: Final BARB rating average (13 episodes)
7.73m- Series 5: Final BARB rating average (13 episodes)
7.52m- Series 6: Final BARB rating average (13 episodes)
7.44m- Series 7: Final BARB rating average (13 episodes)
8.40m- Series 8: Final BARB rating average (13 episodes)

Then inexplicably fell off a cliff
6.83m- Series 9 Final BARB rating average (13 episodes)

Any particular faves?

Did you like Magnetism?

Yeah, I loved it. Too difficult to pick a favourite, there were a lot of great ones.

>inexplicably
Lack of a new Doctor or companion to draw interest, shite promotion like the "same old, same old" trailer, and aired against the rugby.

Also, weren't S8 and 9 only twelve episodes?

Yeah. Hopefully, with a new companion, decent scheduling, and some actual promotion, s10 will do better.

The figures are for s8 + Last Christmas, then s9 + THoRS, 13 eps each.

They can probably pick up half a million or so just by putting it on at the same time every night, last night it swung almost to the watershed on some eps

*last year

TEN DAYS TO FADYKINO
WHO /HYPE/

no one's hype are they

TEN DAYS TO APRILKINO
WHO /HYPE/

Since I know his character's straight I d9bt even care anymore.

"Time to wake the kids up. Doctor Who is on."

Was fucking ridiculous for a 'family show'.

According to Wikipedia, Fady Elsayed will also be guest starring in one episode of Doctor Who s10.

Prob untrue, it's wikipedia after all, but intriguing nonetheless.

Yaoi hands.

What?

/WHO/ WIKI: I thought we could try the meme Assault of the Benefactors. Just because. What a good name, Assault of the Benefactors. Apparently, it's got killing toilets. Toilets that kill. Can you imagine?
/WHO/: And how do you know that?
/WHO/ WIKI: Because it's on your general. And if it's on your general, it's in mine.
/WHO/: And how does that feel?
/WHO/ WIKI: Basement McGann! Fuck offerino! Crisps! Great big memes, packed into my brain. You know you could fix that monganon invasion if you just tried hotbinding the user username and superseding the cats, cats, cats, cats, cats, cats, cats, cats, cats, cats, cats, cats, cats (gasp) I'm fine. Nah, never mind Assault of the Benefactors. You know who I'd like to meet? Clala Oswald. I bet she's great, Clala Oswald. Shall we do that? Shall we go and see Clala Oswald? Shall we? Clala Oswald? Rose loved drugs. My friend Vicky. No, she's fiction. Friction, fiction, fixing, mixing, Rickston, Brixton.
(This time it hurts.)
/WHO/ WIKI: Oh, my God.
/WHO/: Do you know what's happening?
/WHO/ WIKI: Yeah.
/WHO/: There's never been a /who/ wiki metacrisis before now. And you know why.
/WHO/ WIKI: Because there can't be. I want to stay.
/WHO/: Look at me. Wiki, look at me.
/WHO/ WIKI: I was going to be with you forever.
/WHO/: I know.
/WHO/ WIKI: The rest of my life, travelling in the generals. The /who/ general wiki. No. Oh my god. I can't go back. Don't make me go back. /who/, please, please don't make me go back.
/WHO/: Wiki. Oh, /who/ Wiki. I am so sorry. But we had the best of times.
/WHO/ WIKI: No.
/WHO/: The best. Goodbye.
/WHO/ WIKI: No, no, no. Please. Please. No. No. No!
(The wiki is reset to its original form, exactly as it was when it was created. Empty.)

GirlyLetters on Twitter has a range of Class tidbits and spoilers for those who care.

GUYS HE FUCKING RESET THE WIKI

Mr. Smith was just leaving.

>no one fell for your shit bait so you had to samefag

I think he meant Yami, from Yugioh.

>download the volume
>all the pages are white and empty

Is this a joke or what?

Fix your computer.

Wow thanks for the help you dumb faggot.

Yes, we've been talking about it just to prank you specifically, sorry m8 but you gotta admit we got you good

No but seriously fix your computer

But literally everyone else read it fine so the problem is obviously on your end.

Nevermind got it to work. Sorry I called you a dumb faggot.

Okay. Enjoy.

Enjoy, lad

Remember that the true Brooklyn Murders were in your heart the whole time

whoguide.com/mysterio.htm

kek

Real life is very unrealistic, dat foreshortening.

Reminder that if you listened to Back to Christmas and haven't cried you have no soul.

I'm not hype for class but it's new who so I'll watch anyway.

The UTL corridor is back

twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/786203744908173313

How can you tell from the outside?

suck muh balls

>twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/786203744908173313
They only have those 2 bits of corridor, which they just keep redressing time and time again.

bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04bs724

Told you she's playing a 14 year old.

New Power trailer.

youtube.com/watch?v=V8Vupj-BGEA

MY BODY IS READY

Notice gl does not know when the video was taken and does not credit the source of the video, preferring to allow people to think she is responsible for it.

>implying I know what you're talking about
>implying I even have a twatter

Hello cats. Have you taken your medication today?

Who did take the video? Moffat and co. need to be keeping a closer eye on employees.

>Hello cats.
Close, I am actually one of the people you think is cats. Decided not to put my trip on for that post because I figured I would just get called cats.

Yeah, sure.

Notice how you immediately jumped on a post which wasn't addressed to anyone in particular and neither was it a question.

Then you made inflammatory comments intended to start an argument.

If you are not cats then you too are a fucking psychopath and pathetic troll.

>psychopath and pathetic troll
Projecting much?

>he is cats confirmed

>impersonating me
>failing hard
>thinking anyone will fall for this phony act
>cats confirmed

How convincing, Billy. Not.

Hi Cats.

Repeating and reeeing ;)

>reeeing
Cats confirmed.

Uh... This doesn't look very good does it? I've seen other animated episodes and the animation style always felt weird at first, but Power looks cheaper. Almost Doctor-Who-action-figures-fanfilms level cheap.

Hard to judge, but it's leagues ahead of the animation for The Ice Warriors, for example. They probably did take some short cuts etc., because they animated 6 episodes rather than just 1 or 2. I guess we'll see, but I'd prefer a mediocre animation over nothing at all.

I like how they're actually hyping this one up, the other animations were always swept quietly under the carpet.
I'm not interested in animated recons myself but I really hope this will be successful for them and that animating other stories becomes viable.

What would you want them to animate next? I'd go with The Myth Makers but that might require better animation than any of the previously animated episodes for the fight scenes and stuff.

>I'm not interested in animated recons myself
Okay disregard this post . Why do you hope they're able to make more animated recons if you don't want to watch them?

The Savages is criminally underrated, so that would be nice. It's one of my favorite missing episodes.

No joke, there is literally a drashig in the Class trailer dragging a guy to his death.

But cameos are like penises.

Why?

I now expect an Alpha Centauri cameo in Class, praising the glory of genderfluidity because that's sexy and right now.

Power of the Daleks screening in US theaters November 14th:
fathomevents.com/event/doctor-who

It's true

beaumontlondon.com/clients/fady-elsayed

Noice. How do you see what the locations are?

where?

They'll probably be posted when tickets become available on Friday.

>Fady took a guest starring role in an episode of the hugely successful BBC series DR WHO

>took

I would say it's a mistake on the website.

>tfw /who/ is too few people and too spread out to have a chance of meeting another /who/re at a screening of this

10 am start time for Class

bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2016/43/class?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_press_office&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=corporate

2 and a half hours of low quality monochrome animation with 50 year old mono soundtrack

Good luck with selling many tickets for that.

Probably a mistake.

You mean you agree with me, right?

From Girly Letters pic of Empire magazine.

>Time for Shadow Corruption.

Don't fall asleep.

Some more info. This time on Charlie.

Yes, I agree.

Why?

I'm not picking on you, really, but what has this to do with Dr Who?

OK, I will definitely not bother watching any of this it sounds awful and generic YA fiction.

At the wheel, we've got a million miles ahead of us.

>Doctor Who spinoff news
>what has this to do with Dr Who

In b4 you start calling him cats. Like you always do.

But he isn't cats.

In a predictable move, you're going to tell me "Because you are cats".

Well yes, of course you are cats.

No one needs to say that m8.

WHERE THE FUCK IS JOHN NOBLE IN DOCTOR WHO?

HE'D BE A GOAT RASSILON OR OMEGA.

Bored, cats? Think you can impersonate me?

>Let's drop some LSD of Rassilon

Well no one NEEDS to do it but you just know mongo will because he has autism.

Nice try cats, but no one is falling for your tricks.

>that's a fact

Class is a Doctor Who spinoff. 12 shows up in the first episode, and more importantly, this whole show deals with the collateral damage of the Doctor saving the day.

Tbqh fampai I'd prefer Ross Noble desu senpaichan

Okay druggies of /who/, what's the best stories (pref classic) for enjoying whilst on acid, on E, on charlie and on weed? Oh yeah, and whilst drunk?

I don't do drugs nor smoke nor drink.

Underated post. I like prwan cocktail it makes your fingers stink though.

You either have my envy or my pity. I'm far too refreshed to decide which.

Timelash needs to be watched with a group of drunk friends in order to be truly appreciated.

I was actually alluding to John Noble's most recent famous role, as mind-altering drug using mad scientist on Fringe (And Walternate, his sober evil twin from parallel universe)

tbqh I have no idea who he is or what that show is. ?Ross noble is pretty cool though. I support of a ross Noble dr

in that case why didn't you include the respective specials of the other series?

Christmas Day specials are never included and would also alter the figures by giving the wrong average.

Plus they're totally not canon.

>pity
Why? I don't have to do all these to have fun. Also, I don't wanna die early.

Life is overrated m8. Plus ypou gotta die from someth9ing. drugs trumps cancer any day.

>on acid, on E, on charlie
No one who'd taken these would ask this question.

I'd like to keep my brain as long as possible, thank you very much. If I have to live a long time, I'd want my brain and liver to be in a good condition.

Because they're dead?

Okay. This questi0n was clearly not directed at you giuys.

Oh you're high right?

No, drunk. I only do drugs on the weekend

Do you think we believe any of this?

I don't give a rat's arse m8. Do you think I care?

So anyhoo. Is this Clasd thing out yet?

Fady's finger licking good.

He's not actually playing the fag though is he? Is he a fag IRL?

No and no :(

But he comes across as really gay so maybe he's closeted.

He is a sand monkey so I guess he'd have to be closeted.

>sand monkey
That's not very nice, is it?

It's a lot nicer than saying sand nigger which is what I originally typed.

He's probably just a silurian posting on /who/.

Why do you hate them? They're not all bad.

The correct term is eocene, you fucking racist!

It's homo reptilia you fucking asswipe. You'd know if you had watched Planet of the Silurians.

That's not even fucking canon, you green gilbert.

>homo
Literally a primate genus.

Fuck you Lizard Justice Warriors, you ruin all our threads.

Is the doctor calling strax a potato the equivalent of him calling martha a nigger?

Yes it is. The Doctor lands on planet Earth only to find out the Silurians are the masters and humans are held in cages like apes or slaves, silly goose. It's actually a parallel Earth.

>homo reptilia
Is wrong since it would mean that they are a part of the genus Homo, making them mammals and not reptiles.
Whoever came up with that is a moron, and now we're stuck with it.

Yeah, totally not canon.

We're not worse than the Zygonists. They're disgusting, that bunch.

>Whoever came up with that is a moron, and now we're stuck with it.
BRAVO CHIBNALL

ALL HAIL THE SAVIOUR OF DOCTOR WHO

ARE YOU SO DANGEROUS, LITTLE MAN?

I'll watch it just for the Capaldi cameo. Dammit, missing Who too much now.

If it catches me, will watch the rest of Class.

Fair play user, I can't disagree with you.

Speaking as an older user who should've treated own body better when young.

YOU THINK YOU CAN TELL ME THE RULES, DALEKS?

YOU THINK YOU CAN STOP ME NOW, ANONS?

THROUGH DA WHUH?

I WILL POST RANDOM QUOTES IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE I HAVE FUCK ALL ELSE TO DO

that term is actually a lot older than that. I think it originated in the Cavemonster-novelization?

First piece of Dr Who merchandise I ever bought, also my first Who novel and first introduction to a classic (as in not current) Dr.

Yup.
>He turned to the Doctor. 'You did mention lizards, didn't you?'
>'Miss Shaw used that term,' said the Doctor. 'I prefer to think of them as reptile men, or more accurately homo reptilia.'

I'm beginning to suspect that Dr Who's doctorate may be an honorary one

October 22 mate.

>literally I'd like to interject for a moment

I remember Moffat praising this book at length in Doctor Who Confidential, which hardly ever talks about things outside of the tv show.

okay cats. no more [spolier]weed[/spoiler] tonight.

Let's just call them lizard men and be done with it.

Twilight falls.
Death comes to time.

SFX magazine is literally spoilering the whole fuck out of Class.