ITT: Adaptations we will never see

ITT: Adaptations we will never see

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/23177324
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3680867/ISIS-offers-50-000-reward-head-Bulgaria-s-migrant-hunter-Vigilante-terrorises-refugees-Turkish-border-sport-finds-targeted-jihadis.html
youtube.com/watch?v=P_8O-iDvlmA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Idris Elba as The Judge

I would literally vomit with rage.

It came close, it was on for like a day. James Franco thought he got the rights or something? I'd rather it be a Malick or Coens or something, but Franco did make the best possible casting choice in D'Onofrio as Holden.

nah, we'll see it, and they'll cast holden too look like this, for le epic joker audience

There's no way a film could do the novel even half of the justice it deserves. And no one would like it if it was done the way it should be. How many people do you know that can say they enjoyed "Come and See"?

As I Lay Dying sucked. It really did. Sometimes things should just be left alone.

Also Holden may have rape phoebe

>As depicted in Blood Meridian, Holden is a mysterious figure, a cold-blooded killer. Aside from the children he openly kills, he is seen enticing children with sweets, and a child often goes missing when he is in the vicinity.

deepest lore

Francos adaptation was trash

It shouldn't be. There are certain types of novels that cannot be translated into film. This is one of them. Books that are strong in poetic description are not capable of being given a one to one translation of the description into a visual. Most novels with unreliable narrators are unfilmable.

Tarantino should do it

He'd be worst person, if anyone should do it, it should be the coens

even as a high schooler I hated that spoiled brat Holden with all my heart

Hollywood would butcher it anyway.

Paradise Lost

>even as a high schooler

wow just like every other high schooler

what about malick and the coens directing it together

Judge Holden exists and he was at the Presidential Debate recently.

finely acted Expriest imo

vimeo.com/23177324

also one of the coolest/most memorable parts of the book

They're definitely going to adapt Blood Meridian eventually considering almost every other Cormac book has been adapted and BM is his most well-regarded novel. It's also almost certainly going to be shit because there's no studio with the balls to fund something as that violent and depressing where indians are portrayed as savage animals, babies are graphically murdered, and the 'hero' s one positive trait is that he's not QUITE as unrepentantly violent and heartless as everyone else.

I don't think you're ever supposed to like or sympathize with him at any age 2bh

Hopefully there will be a Black-Japanese action actor within the next century.

This would be so based but I don't think it could be done. Maybe if it'd been done in the 70s by someone like Kubrick but now it would be le epic angels vs demons nonsense.

You are supposes to hate him user but realize also his to naive and immature to realize he needs to grow up.

>but now it would be le epic angels vs demons nonsense
I agree, it would be dumbed down to shit

Too much hair.

I BELIEVE

but if its done by anyone other than fincher or coen bros I'ma have ta scalp a nigga.

Stop posting that fat cunt. Just stop. What the fuck has that shit got to do with television and film you cunt?

I'd like to see a good adaptation of The Seawolf by Jack London.

I want this so bad but at the same time wouldn't really trust anyone to do it well. Would like to see Ciro Guerra direct

Hear me out, okay? (sniffs cocaine) Okay? Okay? OKAY?

What if we cast Leo as the Kid? Okay?

Nevermind he's 41! Creative LICENSE!

Okay so Leo is the Kid, right? Right? Right?

I mean Leo is the kid and...

wait for it...

hear me out...

okay?

The Judge...

...is...

Climate Change???!!!

Huh???!!!

Genius amirite???!!!

Do you get it???!!!

(sniffs cocaine)

CUT TO: 24 MONTHS LATER

Fade In:

Leo (Voiceover)

"See the child..."

TITLE CARD:

"Blood Meridian: or The Evening Destruction of the West...That They Caused Themselves Because They're too Selfish and Didn't LISTEN"

good. as much as i liked the book, i feel like a movie adaption would not do it any justice. they'd probably tone it down, thus losing the whole point of the book

state of fear michael crichton

literally can't be done. part of the books purpose is clearly to be so unrelenting and horrifying in its depiction of violence that the reader is eventually inured to and even bored by it. no one would watch the movie

>Fincher
>Coen brothers
Sounds like shit for commoners.

>implying the OP suggested an adaptation would be a good thing

I don't think he's looking for an argument fella's, probably just curious about other unfilmable works.

This story would be better as a ten part series on HBO. A movie wouldn't do it justice, and HBO would probably allow most of the violence.

>HBO would allow the violence
>doesn't even allow the "rape" of an adult female host robot in a world designed to allow rape.

What is this? HBO corporate shill day on 4plebs?

The Silmarillion

God damn it when will you Tolkien fags die?

The Silmarillion getting a good adaptation could make a 10/10 movie.
The Hobbit was a mistake though.

Plus Beren & Luthien story

Imagine how fucking GOAT this would be

this is like Blood Meridian, film adaptation can only be disappointing

I want Ben Wheatley to do it

What I love about this fact is that it shows how putting something unspeakably depraved on screen is something virtually nobody has the balls to do.

But if you write it in a book and get it published? S'all good, man.

Seriously, any time somebody gripes about there being too much sex/violence/cursing or whatever on TV or in the movies, you have to ask them why it's okay to put that stuff in literature, for which there isn't even an attempt at a content rating system in place.

But user, you just have to pull out your camera in any European city right now!

Ada or Ardor

They could probably pull off the Judge if they found the right actor and used some practical trick photography like they did in the LOTR trilogy to make Gandalf appear much bigger than the hobbits, with a little CGI here and there to augment the effect.

Say what you will about HBO. They tend to be very good at using CGI to enhance the setting or visuals of a show without making them the focus of it.

Redpill me, I understand why The Silmarillion could never be filmed well but why can't Blood Meridian?

>But user, you just have to pull out your camera in any European city right now!

It's fucking disturbing how accurate he portrayed the situation.
>Cuckold, shitskin pope elected who considers them like a million little angels we must bring in to be good Christians
>"We are all the Ganges now"
>The complete breakdown of law and order wherever the refugees show up
>The entirety of the Western world paralyzed by political correctness and rotted from within from cultural Marxism
>Switzerland is the only hold-out nation in Western Europe
>The militaries of the west betray our interests and only act to benefit the invaders
>The initial flood of shitskins spur more from completely unrelated parts of the world to start pouring in now that they realize the West will not stop them

In some ways it's actually worse because in the book a small number of whites (and a poo in loo) form a resistance movement and start killing these people with hunting rifles and old shotguns.

In real life we only have that Bulgarian millionaire trying to hunt them down with a half track.

Still awaiting the invaders to gain political power and pass laws to "demythify" the white woman by outlawing intraracial marriage for whites.

If they could get Glenn Fleshler to redistribute some of his mass into muscle and somehow make him appear large enough, I think he's the best currently working actor who could tackle the role.

pop lit is cancer

it's too beautiful for this crapbag world

>that Bulgarian millionaire trying to hunt them down with a half track

dafuq? let's see a citation on this, amigo.

Too much violence, no judge Holden actor, and all the writing of books would have to be narration. Most people would find the movie boring

fucking tripfag

I think this has more of chance of getting a way more faithful adaption compare to Lolita.

It wouldn't really be hard honestly.

Also for a adaption pic related because I want a fucking ending to this story. It would be the best pedocore and sufferingcore if done right.

That seems do-able though. The Silmarillion is more grandiose and epic in scope than most films ever, nobody could portray it in the way that it should be. Is Blood Meridian similar to The Road at all? That film turned out pretty good.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3680867/ISIS-offers-50-000-reward-head-Bulgaria-s-migrant-hunter-Vigilante-terrorises-refugees-Turkish-border-sport-finds-targeted-jihadis.html

I guess it's a full-tracked vehicle. But still it's real, and he's pissed off ISIS to the point of offering a bounty on his head.

John Goodman as Judge pl0x

It's a lot more violent, there are just scenes in the book full of random acts of insane violence, movies would tone it down which would miss the point of the book. Also there are no likeable characters

I'd enjoy seeing a film like that, shame it wouldn't be made properly.

Season 4 of GoT had a fucking rape cabin with multiple women being raped on screen simultaneously

Same, but if Hollywood ever did try to do it, there'd be 99% chance they'd fuck it up

>there's no studio with the balls to fund something as that violent and depressing
many studios would be willing to do it if they had the $$$ to acquire the rights to the novel
watch more movies

Oh god yes. I don't know who could pull it off though. Maybe Eastwood?

Maybe back around the time Barton Fink was released.

youtube.com/watch?v=P_8O-iDvlmA

Honestly depicting the violence as described in the book on screen would just come off as comical.

A good director would have to figure out what to show in detail and what to hide or obscure

I totally think we COULD see an adaptation of pic related but I don't think it will ever happen

Fuck that. Lena Dunham it is.

I would like to see another Palahniuk movie.

Ahh that was the b4 the show turned to shit, i might have to read BM you all have got me interested

I honestly think Gravity's Rainbow could be good as an animated series, desu

Nice meme theory. There's no reason to believe Holden killed kids.

Somebody made a fan trailer of this, looked better than Franco's version by far.

Vincent D'Onofrio would have been a great choice though.

How about if Terry Noonan was fatter although now he's too old for the judge.

>The Judge
Dwayne Johnson
>The kid
Paul Walker
>Glanton
Ludacris
>Toadvine
the other black guy

I meant Tom Noonan. Not Sean Penns character from State of Grace.