youtube.com/watch?v=bUFWXpYJKaI
youtube.com/watch?v=atlyEb3GCLM&feature=youtu.be&t=2m26s
youtu.be/qgJs7uluwlU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yes, pure pottery

William is not MIB.

it's pretty obvious he is

I mean the hat thing was a dead giveaway

I really hope is not. That theory is retarded.

He's his son and he came to search his long gone dad

so? the other robot already did in the first episode

>both father and son fell for the same robot

>Hat tipping in a western is a dead giveaway, that two people are the same
Same person people, pack it up, he figured it out

I think he meant William choosing a white hat.

is it really for people to understand that this is just quest start points in an RPG? The girl next door drops milk, the old crazy guy falls in the mud and give you a treasure map, the sherrif asks you to hunt down a bandit when you first get to down. West World is just Skyrim with ultrahd bots. MiB isn't some self aware robot, or an agent from another company or government, he's just a guy who's been playing the game for 30 years and is trying to unlock hidden levels while dicking around and killing everyone for the fuck of it. You're going to tell me you never just say fuck it in an RPG and spend some time killing NPC's and fighting town guards?

Those are obvious two different timelines.

Friendly Reminder that since this show is of high quality (well acted, directed, etc) & popular that we have to hate it without watching it
>call them shills
>bemoan the network it's on
>call it all manner of buzzwords

Do this and you'll totally fit in here & your 8th grade classmates will think you're a cool guy

More and more evidence keeps pilling up. Fuck I keep feeling more and more retarded for not seeing it.

If it's any condolences to add to this theory. I think even some of the scenes outside West World with the scientist talking are set at different times too.

The Madam who runs the brothel had a flash back which I'm GOING TO SAY were to memories mixed. We see one where she's being pillaged by Native Americans, the only other time we see Native Americans is went that douche bag European is trying to sell his DLC to the Creator/Boss of WW.

>just 2 episodes in and it's already better than GOT

>High quality
It has been two good episodes yes. But could you calm down with heaping high praise on it already? We aren't even through the first season yet.

Let me guess you are an angry GoT fanboy?

or they just pulled the storyline when that host got buggy.

At no point in my post did I even hint at high praise

>bemoan the network it's on
>immediate reactionary GOT comment
1/3. Not bad m8

not to mention when William and the other guy came they saw the old logo of Westworld

Dolores is also referenced as the oldest host not decommissioned so its possible she is the same questline through 30 years that the MIB and Billy were there

MiB mentioned he had some adventures with Indians and killed many Ghost Nation braves alongside Lawrence.

if jj abrams was not an exec proiducer for this show this thread would not exist nor would any of these stupid fucking time travel/flashback flash forward theories

The only thing that seems off is that the old buggy hosts are not being broken down for spare parts or being used for research.

No on is saying time travel. Just that the narrative includes time periods about 30 years apart.

So his coices were a black, a brown or a white hat.If he chooses either white or black it's a dead giveaway. Wow, the power of deduction

no time travel, just flashback

watch scenes between bill's timeline and the current timeline, they always use a long cut

The deduction here is obvious if you watch the episode as a whole

William starts in the world as a timid goodytwo shoes, he picks the white hat symbolizing he wants to be a normal good person in that world

The show references towards the end, it's not about discovering who you are but who you could be.

Watch the end when Hopkins is making that speech, they juxtapose that with the timid William meeting Dolores for the first time

you do know that during the civil war the old west still existed right?

I thought the guns were all fake bullets and hosts emulated the hits. But bullets clearly destroy objects like the whiskey bottle, so I guess the guests clothes are bullet proof. Maybe that's why Teddy couldn't pull the trigger when MiB put the gun to his forehead.
But how do they keep the guests from killing each other? They could easily miss a shot and hit another guest's head. Angela says the guns are real but not real enough to kill who shouldn't be killed.
Any insights?

user from the other thread r8 my oc

Yeah it probably works the way that laser tag works

If you point it at a host and shoot, it simulates through the host body a blow where ever the human or other host point at

However it doesn't react to human bodies

>Watch the end when Hopkins is making that speech, they juxtapose that with the timid William meeting Dolores for the first time
Also about how the guest end up falling in love or something like that I guess.

But it's not a dead giveaway. It is a good possibility, yes, a good theory, yes. But we are in episode 2, they can introduce more new characters and do something completely different.

You being so dead sure about this is bothering me, like they can't do anything else.

I'm not so dead sure but it could be a red herring but that's the obvious message of this episode, about the lure of this world and the person you could be in it

maybe he's not the MIB and just a red herring but it does show that if Williams is shown again in the show he will break his timidness

He speaking of timeframe of events, not what being simulated, which is 1895-1905 range.

These little pockets of story hooks act like quest givers in a MMO. The Dolores can falling down, the eye patch old man tripping, the sheriff handling Hector leaflets. They all start the quests, or storylines, for the guests.
There are clearly two different timelines in the show because we see two different "quest givers" starting an event on the same location and at the same time, which is when the guests leave the train and enter the town. So I believe the will/logan scenes happen in a different time than the other scenes because of that in their scenes we see a complete different event being offered to guests.

It's also obvious just from the different logo they use and the different quest and the kind of cuts they use that William is in a different timeline

I think the most terrifying prospect of this is that most humans go back to their more primitive instincts and become far more violent, rape and pillage.

Everyone is going to default to a state where whatever they couldn't do in their normal lives, they'll do it here and for most they will fall into utter chaos because very few people have a actual, stable conscious even after all their chains are broken off from the reality they're so use to.

I think what would be amazing if the heroes or human heroes of West World are actually horrible, and mean people but have the personality of Superman or Batman; men and woman who have and do whatever they want in real life will do the exact opposite.

Im also wondering why West World hasn't gone into utter chaos faster and more quickly or why they haven't had as many insane resets with all the damage people could do.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leviathan_(book)

I think this is the most obvious explanation but i dont see how that doesnt fit into the 2 timelines theory. we see him as a noob and then as a level 80 master so years later, scalping all the npcs for a scalp map that leads to some Easter egg. Kinda reminds me of ready player one in a way.

>The new story line will make Hieronymus Bosch look like he was doodling kittens.

religious wars?

>I didn't know there were free blacks who lived states that fought for the Union during the Civil War
>I had no idea blacks could just walk around freely before 1865

>Hieronymus Bosch

>DLC

The phrase you're looking for is expansion pack, but that's because I'm older than fuck

Mock me all you want but I seriously can't tell if you're serious.

My concern with that theory is how the show can make it understandable for those who haven't catched on to it. It would work if they'd revealed it last episode (which they didn't) or maybe next episode. Otherwise people may not see the signs, or think that last episode had clearly been one timeline, when it isn't, as was rightly pointed out.

Oh god, you're right (I'm 26). Last time I heard Expansion Pack was for a game I played on my Xbox way back when.

Pretty sure these are just regular cavalry uniforms post civil war

Have you even watched the show and knows what people are talking about? The "timelines" being discussed are the Will and Logan scenes theoretically taking place 30 years before the other scenes.
Just delete you post you are looking like a fucking moron.

So has anyone guessed what the big finale twist will be?

I gotta agree, if I wasn't on Cred Forums and learned about this yesterday I wouldn't have caught on. The only thing I noticed was the Native American thing.

Before reading Cred Forums I just thought that the MiB was a rat in place by one of the other "contractors" or businessman who disliked the CEO of WW so that he could ruin it. Or that he was set in place to retrieve whatever was in the maze to another buisness so that they could make their own WW

I guess if I thought of that instead of different sets of time I'm going to assume thats what the rest of the casual normalfags believed.

I also thought maybe the black guy was in with MiB when he whispered something to the ex-cult leader gone Dad.

Again, I still feel horribly retarded for not seeing this different times thing.

everyone is a host except hopkins

Ed Harris's character is a man who is trying to decipher the true mystery to the 'deepest level' of the hosts. He however only sees the hosts for how they fail to live up to what he believes to be human. This is represented in how he brutalizes the hosts as his way of discovering the next clue in the maze. The scalp clue is a mix of a maze and a host, and is representing the 3D printing process they go through when they're made. It's saying the 'maze' is locked away inside the hosts. Ed Harris takes this as a kind of confirmation to continue being a ruthless player toward the hosts. This is further represented with how he rapes Deloris. He seems them as not-human. There is hinted at a prior history or love affair with Deloris once, but he has aged thirty years since they may have first met.

(1/?)

Me rambling bare with me.

The white hat nice guy may take a different approach. He will not only be someone who can see the 'humanity' in the hosts, but also know what they are at heart as well. He knows the difference between a host and a 'real' person. As referenced when he mentions someone in the outside world who he loves. But this is conflicted when he meets Deloris. I think the essence of white hat nice guy is that he is a conflicted mess of wants and frustrations, as well as a want to do good (but the wants and frustrations will fuck him over again and again as the show progresses.) In time he will most likely discover a clue to the wider mystery of the maze which he will follow, becoming the antagonist to Ed Harris's character.

(2/?)

ed harris is just this guy

He's gotta be loaded to be coming back for 30 years

My end-game is full on retard mode.

Everyone is actually a Android, Robot, or Alien and that the beings we see in West World are the closes they could do to remake the human race by using blueprints or data from corpses they found and that everyone else is just in another Park living out "What it was like" to live as a human.

Like a Park inside a Park for the Aliens that picked up the boy from A.I.

I'm going to start watching this show with absolutely no idea about anything. I'm going to be confused as fuck.

What am I in for?

As for the motivation of Ed Harris's MiB it is most likely tied to Ford in a rivalry of some sort. The ViP status of Ed Harris is probably a part of this. The little girl who says 'the maze isn't meant for you' is probably Ford trying to stop Ed Harris from interfering with the intricate story / experience he has set up in a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory type situation where the person who beats the game owns Westworld. So if owning Westworld is the goal then that's what Ed Harris is after out of a sense of entitlement.

what's with all of the unnecessary and out of place f bombs? the writing is really atrocious

I think one element that will become central to the story's structure is how people can stay in the game in order to complete the maze. The short answer is that only Ed Harris can do that. The others need to return to the real world for a stint and then come back. It's this interveral period which will allow the show to jump back and forth through timelines spaced roughly a month a part.
Ed Harris is a constant because he never leaves.

White Hat Nice Guy will probably leave when his time is up. But return later.

More characters can be introduced from the outside world to fuck up the game for Ed Harris and White Hat Nice Guy.

>the Aliens that picked up the boy from A.I.

I will drop this show so fast if aliens are introduced.

Don't read the threads and seriously, SERIOUSLY pay attention the environments surrounding the characters and what they say to each other. Never take what they say at face value and PAY attention to the characters and how they dress, especially the Synthetics/Androids and what they wear.

>I am a child, please fuck me in the ass for speaking out of turn

I really doubt it. I mean, there's some evidence for it sure. There's also a lack of evidence that confirms it beyond a doubt.

westworld's target audience

Don't feel retarded, it is subtle and it still may not be true. I mean I like the theory and if they can pull it off, it would be beautiful.

I for one thought that white hat man was a perfect example for self-insert good guy. Isn't violent, is extremely curious about his world, doesn't want to fuck sex dolls and falls in love with girl next door Dolores, all the while not really characterizing himself, so people can project themselves into him

>what the big finale twist will be?

bernard is a robot made by ford to be his successor

ford's robot kid is actually an image of his own son who died, which was the catalyst for him to develop androids in the first place

a large chunk of the robots in storage will riot. william and dolores will eventually lead the robots in the park in a revolt

all robots will "remember"

we will see the outside world beyond the park and this will be "the hatch" of the show

See, I don't know why people get so butt blasting, butt flustered for. This is why I enjoy TV shows like this, the first few episodes have rampit theory tossing and idea flinging to see what's going to happen next. This too is part of enjoying a series with other people be it in real life or online. It's part of the experience.

We're only two episodes in and these are probably the most fun we're going to have. Once we figure out whats going on and it becomes more obvious these threads will die down and there wont be as much idea tossing.

I say we enjoy it while it last.

>wah the bad words

Jesus christ, wipe the mother's milk off your chin and the cum off your asshole you whiny bitch.

HAHA I thought the same thing. Ed is that fucking guy who is obsessed with completing all the achievements in the end game.

Deep creative thinking and dubs representing requires me to subscribe to your newsletter.

It's a fucking future gun that looks like an old-style revolver. Nothing about it is authentic however. Even MiB's LeMann with it's fancy cartridge and hammer system, that's all window dressing to what is essentially a space gun.

None of those bullets he was packing would ever fire in a normal cartridge rifle.

It's a possibility MIB and Will are the same person. The story might show us how good guy William becomes more and more sinister as time goes by and becomes MIB. Dolores is the oldest host and something went to shit 30 years ago most likely because of her gaining some sentiment.

Plus there's also some theory about how Hector is based off Logan.

>Plus there's also some theory about how Hector is based off Logan.
I guarantee this is bullshit. Just some user last night that was desperately grasping at straws. Two men who happen to have a dusky complexion and stubble, so fucking WHAT.

MiB is Will has some traction. Bernard is a robot, Hector = Logan, these are dogshit theories.

>FUCKING FUCKING FUCK
right this is how all adults talk

Doesn't the white hat guy realize the robots are just objects that mimic human behavior and can't feel anything?
Is he stupid or is he stupid?

>MLADY.JPG

We got 4 more seasons to go.

I honestly hope this ride will be worth it.

they fucked up on hair multiple times
mcpoyle's stubble level was inconsistent between scenes
and dolores's hair went from super tight curly sideburn things to loose curls

nice job hair and makeup.

i'd say 4 minimum. if this shit takes off you know hbo is gonna drag the fuck out out of this show.

I will laugh of this actually happens in some order or substance.

Actually, no, I'll one up you.

This entire thing was a simulation of some sort to see if making West World would be a good idea. The entire series was just one GIANT flash back of the main Android who's the oldest in West World and when we get to Present Day she's already killed everyone on Earth with the rest of her robots while she talks to the last human alive. Or it was all a dream

People get attached to cats or dogs, and animals have no feelings either.

>Bernard is a robot
I'm trying to figure out how that became a theory. I can picture Ford making his successor on his own.

Whoever wrote episode two really fucking overdid it. Elsie (the tech) doesn't say fuck once in the first episode. In episode 2 every other word is fuck. What a colossal fuck-up at characterization.

I'm really hoping that was just one shitty writer, the first episode's dialogue is top notch.

ed harris is so fucking badass

>animals have no feelings

Image proof?

I thought 5 seasons were confirmed? I surely hope so it ends by then.

I can't tell if the British guy is just an awful actor or an awful actor delivering awful lines, but he was bad in episode one as well

It's from what some of the other Scientist said to him and what they briefly said behind his back because of how he processes, words, and talks about things and how he's intrigued in how other "people" show emotion

That's literally it.

I'm hoping we'll see a physical way of knowing who and who isn't a Android outside West World because I'lll bet you a dohnut a dollar that some of the scientist are.

In the 70's-80's movie a clear sign was how glassy looking their eyes are. I think in the two episodes we've seen it was mentioned in older models the way they shook your hand or something? But I don't think we know how to tell a Synthetic Android from Humans though

Fucking what!? In ep 2 "isn't there anything you like about it?" His delivery was perfect

He really annoyed me.

Civil war uniforms.

But we are not talking about two timeframes in the setting, but two timeframes as in modern times.

I don't get it. What was in the picture? Was he staring at God?

The picture itself was pretty fucking cheesy if you pause it on a HQ version. It's of a woman standing in the middle of traffic in a futuristic NYC

just some random picture that a guest left

>british guy
>awful actor
lol. thought he was talking about anthony hopkins for a sec.

Damn it was sad how they replaced him.

I thought the curls were intentional to show how her AI is being affected? Like how she squashed the fly?

The scene with MiB killing the muchachos also has a lot of mistakes. A piece of his gun keeps appearing and disappearing from table, while he is actually shooting the gun.

Do you guys think Ed Harris is upset that they chose Jimmi Simpson to play his younger self?

Like, "That guy? I mean...come on...THAT GUY?!"

>everyone is so preoccupied of William/MIB that they don't realize this guy will eventually snap

Also another give away they're the same person is that Teddy was in the bar and not looking outside for Dolores.

Forgot pic...

All races have been randomly mixed in with the host group to make guest feel more politically correct while the rape and murder.

That actor did a great job for a small part.

But what you do to certain host races is up to you and your imagination

Not sure if your are a troll or serious.

The only obvious that the corporation altered a story line or 'quest' for a guest to do.

Multiple timelines remains to be seen

he's going to come back according to IMDB

Why do people think the same thing has to keep happening everyday?

Good to hear. Also the blonde outlaw is listed as coming back.

Good on Jimmi Simpson for getting a new gig.

A Brit 'real time' reviewer went nuclear during his Ep 1 review about the accent. What are the qualifications of a 'reaction' reviewer. How does one get involved? Understand there is a fair use timer. Several posters in this thread would wreck these 'reaction' reviews. Is there $ involved in this??

This.
While the timeline theory makes sense, the park changing every day in terms of events and quests also makes sense and is the simplest explanation.

I have two timeline theories. This is the first:

>30 years ago
>William meets and falls in love with Dolores
>William believes Dolores can be sentient/he can "wake her up" because "something something I couldn't possibly fall in love with something that's not real, et cetera."
>Tries to "wake her up"/help achieve sentience
>("major malfunction/incident") Host massacred humans in the park
>PRO-TIP: It was Dolores after William "woke her up"
>William = lone survivor from incident. He and Dolores shared a "moment" where he thinks she knows who he is, whatever, and didn't kill him.
>William given free lifetime pass because of the incident - "That Gentleman can do anything he wants..."
>Spends next 30 years doing anything and everything to Dolores to "wake her up" because he knows "the real her" is in there.
>I'm guessing it was some sort of shocking incident that woke Dolores. Over time, William does more desperate and depraved methods to her.
>Becomes MiB
>Still in love with Dolores, just trying to wake her up
>Eventually because he has visited so long, finds out about Maze
>Knows the Maze is not for people but made by Ford or Bernard as a sort of built in Turing Test. If host find and complete The Maze it'll prove true sentience.
>Decides to find The Maze for Dolores and get her to complete because love.

To add:

>Despite best lovey dovey efforts to help her evolve or whatever, Dolores "wakes up" first time due to something Logan did. William adopts Logan black persona to try and force it again. Like, "it's worth it to wake her up again."

Or:

>William successfully woke her up because love just before buddy Logan does something horrible to her and she goes through her computer logic or whatever and decides that all humans must die. Except William. Because love.

Also:

>Hector is a host based on Logan from 30 years ago.

the park is too expensive for GTA style killing sprees. people are looking for a realistic experience. Besides, the host interaction brings more depth into the experience. that's why it isn't total anarchy.

agree with this. they mentioned it multiple times for a reason. they also had to decomission however many robots and had to redo the storyline.

this multiple timeline shit is something you'd see on reddit

fucking fanfiction is the most cancerous shit in these threads. fuck you

>The Maze is a Turing Test for the bots

Don't be such a fucking faggot. Enjoy the ride.

Wow, that's a great theory/fic man. I've seen worse.

I hope this will come to be instead off..

>Enjoy the ride.

that's exactly what I'm doing while you make up shitty headcanon.

>multiple timeline shit
It not Multiple timelines

It just that the narrative includes what happened 30 years ago.

Things to back it up.

>There is specific language that there was a major fuckup 30 years ago.
>The logos are not the same
>The characters are not having the same role except one who is been established as the oldest active robot in the park.
and so on

There is one linear timeline being presented in the show. There is no multiple time period storytelling going on here.

why two logos?

>There is specific language that there was a major fuckup 30 years ago.
Yes Ford specifically stated this and they rebuilt the park. There's no mystery there other than what happened.
>The logos are not the same
I admit this one is a mystery
>The characters are not having the same role except one who is been established as the oldest active robot in the park.
Yeah because they can instantly switch their roles dumbfuck. Look at ep2 where they switched the leading prostitute role to the alien looking chick.

you're stupid.

Nobody's making up canon. A guy asked for theories. I like coming up with theories while watching shows. It makes it more fun for me. It's a fucking tv show, man. Chill.

>Yeah because they can instantly switch their roles dumbfuck. Look at ep2 where they switched the leading prostitute role to the alien looking chick.

First off, the alien looking chick in the lead was 30 years ago. It was mentioned that she did it before. in the office parts.

Secondly, its not something that can be easily changed. The dad was a host for 20 years, and had all of three roles.

>the maze isn't meant for you

Didn't she say that he isn't ready for the maze? And don't you think it's odd that progressing through the game appears to involve extreme brutality? Like scalping a host and going after a host's wife and kids?

I think somehow that the game is designed so that by the time you beat it the game you lose your humanity and become a monster. The kid probably said he wasn't ready for the maze because he appeared to show some decency toward her. He probably needs to rape and kill a loli or something to progress.

MIB's motivation is probably just an obsession.

Sorry didn't see the others posts, I'm sure its possible, although I'm not sure its a fully convincing theory. I'm thinking it will end up being a single timeline and that Will and MIB are not meant to be same person, but almost that Will is what MIB was before he spent 30 years in the Park, Both picked up the can of course. Will did it just because woah Random event quest sweet, MIB did it for quick XP and im sure hes now Obsessed with Dolores.

Could be this possibly too, maybe they just swap the quests out on different days if numbers are up or down.

>Yeah because they can instantly switch their roles dumbfuck.
That not been established. The Dad had what, 3 roles in 30 some on years before he was put in storage (Dad, something else, and the professor)

>Secondly, its not something that can be easily changed. The dad was a host for 20 years, and had all of three roles.

Watch the episode instead of having Cred Forums in a second window. The guy literally tells him to press a button and they switched roles when she malfunctioned.

How the hell can you not comprehend this?

Also
>the park literally looking the same for 30 years
>None of the staff aging for one second in 30 years

damn i can't believe I have to spell this out

>That not been established. The Dad had what, 3 roles in 30 some on years before he was put in storage (Dad, something else, and the professor)

See

Honestly, I'd feel a little disappointed if this theory happens to be true.

>None of the staff aging for one second in 30 years
In the Will part you not seen anyone who not a Host user. Robots do not age.

It was specific that she was already programmed for that. As she did the role in the past.

Wasn't that they where reprogramming her for a new role.

>Also the blonde outlaw is listed as coming back.

if you mean the chick with tattoo her face that murders everyone with the winchester i have some good news for you

the tattoo goes all the way down her body

Guess who owns the park.

Timeline Theory 2:

>William meets Dolores and falls in love
>Eventually figures out how to wake up Dolores
>Logan finds out
>Something to do with Maze
>Gets jealous of William
>William won't tell him how to wake up hosts
>("major malfunction/incident") Logan kills William but "frames" Dolores
>Westworld management thinks Logan witnessed his best buddy die by a host so just lets him keep coming back and - "That gentleman can do whatever he wants"
>Logan = MiB
>Keeps coming back for 30 years to try and wake up Dolores again

>MiB/Logan does not know the following

To add:

>"The Maze" was programmed by Bernard under Ford's nose
>For people to "wake up" the hosts
>The true way through the hosts programming/memories to discover the hosts true self (that's the map)
>The trigger probably has something to do with Shakespeare
>The Maze is not for the hosts, but for people to "wake up" the hosts

It's seems ok by they gotta show what actually went down.

Hold on a fucking second, you just made me think of something.

Why are we all saying MiB is Will if this Maze COULD be meant for the Hosts themselves? If that's the case and the child told MiB he isn't ready yet, could this mean that MiB is a sentient Host that has "leveled" up and is some how able to not get damaged by other Host weapons because they consider him "human" because of his sentience?

hell yes

>The guy literally tells him to press a button and they switched roles when she malfunctioned.
To a role that she was already programmed for. She had served as madam before.

Then we see her as madam when will shows up...30 years ago

stealing a scene from Sir Anthony is something worth putting in your resume. I can guarantee you that this scene alone has put this guy in the bigger map.

Yep, feel for the guy. Be a older actor and then get some really good bits and nail it. So after years of working might make it big.

I'll add more to back up my theories.

We've already established that they develop some hosts based on humans. We've also already established that the "quest writer" guy is a hack, so it's safe to assume that they may base certain situations on things that have happened in the park over the years. They've seen it before so they think they know how to control it.

For timeline theory 1, as an example:

>Hector is based on Logan.
>The blondie sharpshooter thing from Episode 1 was based on what happened when Dolores woke up and massacred humans/workers in the park. Logan corrupted her or something.

For timeline theory 2:

>Teddy is based on William.
>When MiB (=Logan remember) was what happened when Logan went and killed William and "framed" Dolores for the murder and he keeps playing it out over and over to try and convince her to tell him about the Maze.

You're first theory seemed more valid. The 2nd not so much. Logan doesn't seem to fit in all of this. It's clear William is the bigger character.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dull_Gret

Try again, faggot.

>yfw GoT never had this kind of acting out of anyone.

It makes no sense for MIB to keep raping Dolores for 30 FUCKING YEARS!

I can't wait for the multiple timeline faggots to get BTFO on Sunday.

Not that user, but a art fan so

Why is that?

Who saying more then one timeline. People are saying the narrative is not at the same time. (Flashbacks)

You know what, you are right.

That's what I mean. I should have said multiple timeframes instead.

I like being right

>I like being right
You know something, user. C'mon tell us.

That's why Dolores triggering incident has to be something traumatic for her to wake up or have happened around the time something traumatic happened to her. Or at least the MiB seems to think it had to have been whatever something traumatic that happened to her. That's why he keeps doing it.

So are you saying that multiple timeline will get BTFO on Sunday, or Multiple time-frame people...

>rapes her for 3 decades
>nothing happens

By now he should know all that raping he did didn't work for shit.

what if he scalped her

He finally does, yes. He hasn't been that brutal for 30 years straight dude. He tries different things. That's why I think my first theory is better and that MiB is William. Because he tries all the lovey dovey stuff again for a while but can't figure out what exactly it was. He eventually goes as brutal as he can and realizes that, whatever it is, it's not it. Decides he's getting older and tries something different/he finally heard about the Maze and he even tells her in episode 1, "I'm gonna try something a little different and not gonna see you tonight" or whatever he says to her.

And he's not coming for 30 years straight. Humans are only allowed in the park 28 days at a time and then they have to cycle back for a while. Plus it costs $1.125 million per cycle.

im gonna laugh my balls off if mib is literally the smoke monster of this show

>be MIB
>go to Westworld every now and then to see you're waifu for 30 years
>becoming an old man by now
>raping her has become a habit/routine
>one day you find out they added host Chad to be you're waifu's love interest

Wew

What if MiB is sort of like the "Grim Reaper" of West World so every thirty years there's a hard reset? And he's like the Final Boss, stop him before there's another incident?

youtube.com/watch?v=OcUulyx5HM0
or
youtube.com/watch?v=bUFWXpYJKaI

>Image related
Cred Forums strike team to stop MiB

Quickly Cred Forums post your Boss Theme for MiB while we try and stop him from finding the maze and creating Impact 2/Incident 2 from happening!

I do not agree with this on the fact that Game of Thrones had a lot of stuff cut, the season format is shorter too and an end was confirmed.

I bet homeboy died in the past in a malfunction and Hopkins transplanted his mind into an aging robot.

All these theories and we only have 2 episodes.

Well, I know it's a Nolan and all so this kind of mistake may actually happen but...

Dude says "In over 30 years". MiB says "for 30 years".

It kinda implies MiB came after the first failure.

Has HBO ever dragged a show more than it had to?

We're having fun

so I am not the only one

Hello HBO shill who realizes we figured it out already

I think it goes to show how many people are enjoying this on Cred Forums and other boards; hell even just other people.

This show has a bright future but will it live up to it or die is another thing entirely. Might as well enjoy this before Normies and Casuals complain there's to much mistreatment of woman, rape, racism, triggering or fangirls ruin character development because they love a certain pairing so much.

It will always be the inevitable

>the kid hopkins is talking to is a mechanical robot
>all the others we've seen other than old bill are synthetic
youtube.com/watch?v=atlyEb3GCLM&feature=youtu.be&t=2m26s

hey, does anyone here have a link to stream the second episode?

that's what happens when you give everyone a week between eps to figure it out. by the 4th episode everything will be deconstructed and it wont even be worth watching anymore.

i mean its a lot of fun to sit around and throw ideas around and formulate together but in the end with the power of the internet and especially now with social media everyone will know everything before it happens and only people will watch is to go "ha i knew it"

Gonna enjoy the ride while it lasts.

*Not yet

Is no one going to entertain the notion that the MiB is host that got elevated to guest status as an experiment by Ford?

I mean, the MiB in the original film (Yul Brynner) was a robot...

>I mean, the MiB in the original film (Yul Brynner) was a robot...

therein lies the rub, everyone expects him to be a robot.

Wasn't it confirmed he's human?

The programable bullets didn't kill him. But they're programable

He is treated as a guest by the park. Which would indicate human. We would need to see a lot more to twist him into a host.

So you can afford one Host as a personal assistant.

What do you get?

Some autistic neet to shitpost for me while I actually have a life in the real world

a wageslave to work for me in the real world so i can shitpost on Cred Forums all day

but seriously i would just take a host that can drive me where i need to go and maybe picks up the groceries. and of course it would be fuckable.

we are attracted to people that resembles our parents, true story

>I keep feeling more and more retarded for not seeing it.

lol same here

I was honestly blown away by the small part he had, and like the other guy said, he stole the spotlight even from Anthony Hopkins. That's a fucking feat right there.

That shit was Emmy worthy IMO, if he kept up that consistency as a regular.

Perhaps. I guess I noticed Bolso since she looks like one of my sisters. (Norge-Danish family background)

Unfortunately this show will become "2deep4u" type.

He should be in 4 more episodes. (5 total)

I amen to that mate

So JJ is part of this. I've never seen Lost but I've always hear how he fucked up the show...should we be wary?

>Be actor
>Started in the 1980s
>Biggest Roles have been a 26 episode run in Murder she wrote
>Get a nice 8 episode run on Longmire
>Get a supporting role in a HBO series
>do the best acting of a show with Hopkings and Ed Harris

Guy might of had his big break after 40 years.

>Unfortunately this show will become "2deep4u" type.

Will it?

Is there really a risk it goes "Lost"?

It's supposed to be based on the Chrichton script and he was pretty thorough.

>So JJ is part of this. I've never seen Lost but I've always hear how he fucked up the show...should we be wary?

See above.

The quotes are promising.

Given that this topic is becoming real in our time (see the budding sexbot debate already) it seems like it'd be impossible to fuck up.

That said, I'm sure they could.

Watch them insert some time travel and aliens for no reason.

Aside from the guests themselves, everyone except for Anthony Hopkins,the MiB and Stubbs (the security guy who questioned Dolores) is a robot. Berndard is Hopkins' favorite and he is grooming him to be his successor.

The park is actually a government experiment for numerous things. Primarily sentient AI, seeing how sentient AI can run and maintain a complex facility and business, testing the inevitable reactions between sentient AI and actual living humans, and ultimately human immortality and evolution through (colective?) singularity.

Some of the hosts at the park were once real, living, breathing people at some point - but now their minds & memories have been implanted or copied into these robotic hosts - brainwashed and repressed by programming and god knows what else. (This is what Hector is, and what Dolores's father is - hence the weird triggering reaction to that photo.)

But most of the hosts at the park are likely the result of a mish-mash of human personalities and minds that are accessed through a sort of intelligence hub. The hub picks off on the personalities and behavioral ticks left from the guests and implements into upcoming hosts (This is likely what Teddy is, who most likely has some of Will traits implemented into him - namely his quiet, charming personality and love for Dolores.)

The park probably isn't even on earth. My guess is Mars. We'll never actually directly see what the real world, but we'll get some clues. I have a feeling earth itself is in a terrible state - economically, morally and environmentally speaking. Which is why parks like West World are a huge hit for rich people and manage to stay in business despite their insane costs. You can't even really 'escape' in the real world anymore.

>YFW MiB is just a beta tester who is paid to try to fuck up the system.

This. There are rotations for events, Hector's heist is a scheduled thing that was forced to be pushed forward because of the fuckup in episode 1.
Guests would be bored quick, and the park would have really low drops in guests for a time, if they didn't cycle in and out stuff

You don't want the guest to keep coming every few months and see the same fucking Sheriff looking for the same fucking dude, but then there are smaller tier storylines like Teddy/Dolores that reset daily.

MiB can't be a fucking host you dumb cunts. Everytime I see a "MiB is a host" theory, I want to shoot myself in the head because some of you fucks are the dumbest shit on Cred Forums who don't understand the basic concept of THEME. The theme of Westworld is AI and Human interaction, having AI and AI interaction is stupid shitty writing. The same reason why we don't have Guest and Guest story lines. Because it won't fit the theme of the fucking show. And if MiB is really a host then this show is a shit tier piece of crap but Nolan has showed he is at least capable of following basic show themes from POI.

Probably a fuck up by management.

youtu.be/qgJs7uluwlU

I thought the same as soon as the first trailer dropped

>You will never have a series of clips like this made into a movie.

This.

Its not even clever. It would just be "HODOR" all over again.

Cant we have a linear story line FOR ONCE?

It is a linear storyline. Just not told linearly

The first episode made it clear that this isn't going to be linear. It's going to be a mindfuck.

We're getting LOST 2.0 whether you and l like it or not. Hell the fact that Abrams was involved already says it all.

You are so dumb, it hurts my ego to even have to stoop to your intellectual ditch.

>It is a linear storyline. Just not told linearly

If you havent considered suicide today, I would highly recommend you do so now.

Yeah, which is why Im already finished after episode 2. Everything has to be non-linear and have a massive meta-plot twist, other wise noone is "SHOCKED".

Thanks to the "jaded critic syndrome".

Which part of it isn't linear you fucking tard

Please. Stop (you)ing me. I dont want to be infected with your room temperature IQ.

I can name more linear shows than non linear shows.

No! I said the sheriff is a n-

Even the people who think will and MiB are not at the same timeframe are not saying it anything more then standard storytelling. It as old as the fucking Odyssey and n Arabian Nights.

Most shows are Linear.

Would you?

I actually think this is going to be a plot point, the only racism yet seen from an android is against Native Americans, none of whom can afford to visit Westworld.

Yes, but I wouldn't brag about it.

of course.

Would also breathplay her

so do the quests reset every day? week? or for whatever time the guests are allowed to stay?

im assuming its every time a new train of guests come

No. WW works in a narrative cycle. Guest cannot stay longer than what they plan to stay. No idea but it is assumed that new guest only arrive at the start of a narrative cycle.

so the chick doesn't do the same sequence every day?

>Might of

Why?

Do the robots shit or are they always ready for anal.

She doesn't. Everytime she wakes up, that is the start of a new narrative cycle.

Different Days

I want to see her quest now.

Hahaha. Goodun'

Maybe the kids are mechanical because synthetic building tech can only build larger models due to fragility. Would make sense to build the kids to be more durable due to compact size which would not work for synthetic structures?

Brynner's character was "the Gunslinger", he had more in common with who Hector and Teddy are in the new show before going apeshit.

All of thos bullsit over the MiB overlooks thae simple deduction that a whale coming to such a park for thirty years has exaused almost all of what that park as to offer. Which is why he got excited over learning something new about Lawrence after all the time he's spent there. It would be therefore completely logical that a custom quest involving something even as rediculous as a maze could be conceived just for him so he still comes back to spend shitloads of his money.

It has already been stated that he gets whatever he wants, this includes his quest for the maze as whole 'nothing happens by chance in the park' was hammered over and over in the first episode.

>White hat dude causes the critical failure that black programmer was talking about
>Through this critical failure, white hat dude discovers a deeper mysteri within the park
>White hat guy vows to find out what that mysteri is so he can save his love Dolores from the park
>White hat guy spends 30 years investigating and having to do horrible things to the hosts to figure out the mysteri
>White hat guy becomes Black hat guy

>A show with obvious bait and switch plots about what is real and what isn't goes out of its way to literally name drop occum's razor

>People proceed to develop overly complex batshit theories about said show anyway

You fags are making it pretty hard for me to hate JJ when he makes fooling the goy look so easy.

stupid question, but do all the hosts have greyish eyes?

Rewatching the first episode I looked for Wild Bill to have the silver eyes the bots did in the old movie and was dissapointed that he didn't.

He was Michael Wincott though, so there's that.

Except the Sheriff is defective.
It could literaly be the next day and they just replaced the bandit quest with a cavalry quest.

Will is NOT MiB. Why ? Because everything happens at the same time. Why ? Because too many things wouldn't make sense.

It's been said Dolores is the oldest host still in function. But she had many upgrades and pieces replaced.

It's said the old models used to be less realistic, with very scripted texts and mechanical mouvements but William is interacting with hookers who are still there in the MiB scenes, those hookers are more than enough capable to hold a complex conversation.

So it's not the past.

Or maybe they just move the quests and change locations depending on the day, hour or even months. You know, like events.

Prediction:

A model of Yul Brynner will appear as a cameo in one episode, as an exemple of what old models used to look like. They will reference some 'accident' about him but will stay vague and never talk about again.

That would be the tit, i'm a big Yul fan

Theory: Modern Hosts are not made from scratch. They were actually real people, probably close to death, and their psyche was used as a base for their host personality.

That guy was a UFO at Hollywood, he spoke 11 languages, used to lie about his origins, shave his head while nobody did that at the time (mostly because no niggers) and had a charisma just impossible to explain.

I can't imagine a similar actor in modern days.

>shave his head while nobody did that at the time (mostly because no niggers)
What the fuck this even mean.

Because the shaved head look is mostly used by black people and, at the time, black actors were rare.

We have no idea of the timeframe in the show.
Every time we see Dolores waking up, weeks could have gone by.
We see the soldiers recruiting AFTER Escothan is killed, because they moved the Escothan event a week earlier because they had to remove the updated hosts from the park without upsetting the narratives.
It's not "clearly two different timelines" when the obvious explanation is that they had to move things around because of the new update fucking the hosts up.

Everyone is human except hopkins

This actor was AMAZING

not the guy you keep insulting for some reason, but you can tell a linear storyline/plot in a non-linear way. i think what you meant to ask is 'Cant we have a story told linearly FOR ONCE?"

10/10

Speak freely citizen

>We here at West World know how painful it is and annoying when other Guest come and grief the main Town Hub
>Now introducing the City Guard

Something else to suggest that William's story may be taking place earlier: the 'recruiting for the Civil War' side quest.

The first episode seemed to suggest the narrative was taking place post-Civil War. MiB's revolver is a LeMat, which was issued exclusively to Confederate cavalry.

Delos has been using Westworld as a research project to develop high-level military AI and disposable synthetic soldiers. Ford has pulled a fast one on them since day one by making the park a hot-housing experiment in developing self-aware AI and ushering in the singularity, to defeat the problem of mankind's evolutionary dead end. The maze is a Turing test-like system built into the park by Ford to ascertain if any of the hosts have gained self-awareness. This is why the little girl told the MiB that the maze wasn't for him.

>The first episode seemed to suggest the narrative was taking place post-Civil War.
In what way?
You realize MiB got his LeMat from the company running Westworld when he was clothed and equipped.

Something to suggest William's story isn't taking place earlier: none of the androids in William's scenes look even remotely older than the androids in MiBs scenes, in fact, they look exactly as advanced.

We don't know what he actually did to Dolores in the barn. We just assume rape.

Dolores is capable of lying.

She tells Bernard that no-one has modified her core heuristics. We only have her word for that.

Also, even if MiBs scenes took place in recreations of post-Civil War, that doesn't necessarily mean William's Civil War scenes happen chronologically before MiBs scenes.
It's a simulation, after all, and we still have no fucking clue on the timeframe of the two episodes.

>they look exactly as advanced.
The father who was deactivated had been serving 30 plus years. Old Bill is much older then that as he was deactivated before benard arrived.

Worth noting that the font under the episode 2 logo is Eurostile Bold Extended, a font synonymous with 60's and 70's sci-fi (it's all over 2001: A Space Odyssey, for example) while the conventional logo has a more 2000's style angular font.

>Delos

>Delores

WEW LAD

probably doesn't actually mean anything

You fucking tard. The union soldiers replaced the Sherriff posse that got killed in the big event in episode 1

The simulation era does not matter. Outside it changed and we know that the Hosts do the same roles for decade or more and only get swaped roles when a host malfunctions or a role is eliminated and they are repurposed.

Agreed on the LaMat, but modern hosts have been used for at least 30 years. Old bill would be 40-50 years old.

The only exact number we're given about the father host is that he's been Peter Abernathy for 10 years.
Bernard mentions that he was a sheriff for a while, which implies a shorter time than as Abernathy, and before that he was The Professor, but no exact time is given.
So unless you have some magical source where you pulled that 30 plus years from, we have no idea how long the father host has been serving.

>modern hosts have been used for at least 30 years
Do you have a single fact to back up that statement?

>Westworld
>West World
>WW
>World of Warcraft
>WoW
fin

Benard has been with the company for at least 25-30 years. He had no idea what the Abernathy did prior to his arrival (The Professor role) while knowing the roles first hand of Abernathy, then the Sheriff, which means that the Abernathy host has been in use for at least 26-31 years.

is there literally a character named eschaton in this show? lolololol

>Bernard has been with the company for at least 25-30 years
[citation needed]
>He had no idea what the Abernathy did prior to his arrival (The Professor role)
We don't know that, Ford cut him off.

I guess I'll just take your word for it then.
:^)

We know from more then one diolog that he been with the company at least 20 years. we do not know if he was there at the screwup 30 years ago.

Bernard was able to recall instantly what the host roles from memory. But he had to look up and read the plotline about the dinner party, as he had no memory of it. Which is a damn strong inclination that the host of Abernathy has been used for 3 decades or more.

They said he was a guest in episode 2 anyway.

westworld makes ZERO sense

everyone's practically in god mode and the only challenge in going on adventures with absolutely zero consequences.

Maybe, just maybe, the thrill isn't in the danger or the consequences.
I know, incredible, right?

how do you know

so it's a fucking puzzle game?! great.

>guests can't be harmed

this seriously is destroying any immersion that i may have had along with their advertising this westworld as a sort of story driven video game. it's like the writers had no idea how god mode would ruin a game if everyone had the option of doing so. no one would take the adventures seriously. the danger would loose its edge. your empathy for any character would disappear, especially if saving them is either too simple or meaningless. everyone in westworld is pre-man in black because they've yet to take the world seriously. how interesting is a world with zero consequences?

i don't know. i'm less interested in what's essentially a theme park over the supposed game related aspects of the place. i'm more interested in the spillover. westworld isn't important. it's the chaos of man that will envelope westworld, the pursuit to actually turn westworld into something meaningful as the mib and some of its creators is clearly aiming, that interests me.

First season? I thought it was a mini series

I think 4 or 5 seasons have been confirmed.

Sounds like a fanfic.

well at least he has hair still. must have got a transplant. he has a hairline like me. but i wont be able to afford hollywood fake scalp :(

but yeah that guy from the jason biggs movie "loser"

mfw when i am going to inlaws this weekend and i wont be able to torrent show due to cousin getting caught and their cable getting shut off for a day .fuckk

Make up an excuse faggot.

huh? do elaborate.

also

>this thread is still alive.

i have a question: how do they "reset" the park? do they make players leave the place before replacing the bots and make the maintenance ?

the other week. Brighthouse.charter turned off my granny in laws internet because my "cousin-in law" was torrenting and got caught. First he blamed it on me even though I haven't been there in months but then th elayd on phone said the last time was 4 in the morning so it was him. But they actually turned their internet off for a day but they got it fixed. She's an old lady and has no idea about the internet. she thinks if you have a torrent program installed it's illegal etc.

anyway. I wont be able to torrent lol

I was in shock when she texted me telling me about it.Never even gotten a letter about piracy before

Yeah it costs a lot per cycle, but remember that the MIB get's "whatever he wants".

If the traumatic event happened, he might not be beholden to paying. I don't know if the cycle would still apply to him though. They could even be using it as a test for a long term stay in Westworld.

sucks. do you have a seed box or something?

hell, I can give you tmp ftp access to mine on Sunday night if you want. send me your email.

sundayseedbox at yopmail.com

do mind that I can get the file at around 8 or 9 pm cst.

>white hat robot rapist
I want that job
also
>white hat
>he's clad in all black
pottery

any chance we get medieval world/roman world in the series or are they saving those for the tweeest season

Appreciate offer but I can't even take the chance.
AT least i have Prime and netflix. will only be there a week so should be 1 ep late by the time I get back home.

It's linear, but it's told two sections of the same line as a parallel ya dingus

>Where the white women at?

Holy shit, after that performance I thought he was some well known, well regarded actor. Jesus.

Hope he gets some good/major roles now.

if you got sftp nobody will be able to tell what you are downloading. but that's ok.

Why don't you get in the HBO Go free trial?

Or, hell, wait the week over, if you can, and if you can avoid spoilers. you'll have two episodes to watch. that'll be sweet.

Thought about the HBOGO trial as well may do that. Hopefully works well with linux as it should

what they are saying is that his acting was so good that it will definitely be noticed by other producers, casters, etc.

And this is something EVERYONE on the internet seems to be agreeing with.

Why was ep2 called chestnut?

2deep4u

Because the cool guy nutted on that whores chest lmao

But... is it not obvious that the robots will go berserk an harm the humans resulting in a JP-esque environment that no one can just easily ecape or get in from... ?

I mean, the show is based on the book. And the book was similiar to Jurassic Park since it was the same writer...

This is bait

You are a fucking moron

500 dollars says you're under the age of 23

Yeah, I thought that was obvious to everyone.

The hosts are becoming aware of the truth and will fight back.

You retards know the sheriffs gang and hector were killed the episode prior right? Are are you really just fucking stupid

Chestnut is a synonym for multiple timelines

>He sees them as not-human.
They are not human. Important plot-point

Oh like onion and ogre?

Because British characters in American shows always have to swear alot.

Yes its same person

Some people are like that irl