Hey Cred Forums how would you rate the series?

Hey Cred Forums how would you rate the series?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DDU0Q_BYuko
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1>4>3

The rest don't matter, save for part 2 and it's hilarious gay overtones.

I never got that desu

the first is a masterpiece. other than that who cares desu

Three is good too.

only good part of 2: youtube.com/watch?v=DDU0Q_BYuko

7>1>3>4>2=5=6

the best horror series/10

1, 3 and New Nightmare are all excellent faggot

Word... top scenes and young Patricia Arquette.

I rate it.

Better than all the movies.

This is such a good doc. It's four hours long but if you're a horror fan you don't feel the time pass at all

1 and 3 are legitimately good in fleshing out Kreuger's backstory. The other movies barring New Nightmare are really weird.

Freddy's Nightmares is criminally overlooked. That show was awesome.

2 is better in that regard as it plays the gay "undertones" rather well, at the very least, and the theme goes through the entire movie. It's great. It's not as good as Nightmare, but it has a clear theme and the storyline is just a mix of bad high-school comedy and horror.
It mixes them somewhat well, albeit, like any NOES, has a more of an anti-climax. But it's funny, sometimes, which I can't say about any of the other sequels.
I like dumb high-school things, so 2 is close to my heart.

3 coulda been really good, but it was as shallow as the rest of the series. You had all these disturbed kids, but the nightmares, albeit creative, still stereotypical. And not much else is known about them. It had the most potential by elaborating more on the characters and giving them more personality.
Of course, this is a cheap slasher movie, so any attempt would have failed regardless.

4 is the MTV Nightmare, it is shot and cut very fast. It does not take itself as seriously, the killer has become more of a fun man than before. It's great, it made Freddy the Protagonist as it should be in those movies.
Despite all of this, its plot is rather dumb, even though it plays a little like a comicbook movie.

5 tries to be serious again, but fails as it's a cheaper, dumbed down version of the original. There is nothing special about this film, at all. It's a B-movie. That's it.

6 is the equivalent of "Friday the 13th, Part VI" as both are parodies of their series. Both also seem a little more light-hearted because of the comedy and children or young teenagers running around the camp.
Just that Friday achieved it, whereas NOES felt like a "Goosebumps" episode with more gore. It played exactly like that show. It also had a rather boring cast in general.

7 is similiar to Scream 1, 3, any other meta movie that is now overplayed.
It is great for what it is, it does something different. But the entire angle about Freddy chasing a goddamn child became stale, shitty.
Lots of lost potential.

I always liked Part II despite the gay stuff and the lore rape desu. Freddy is still menacing in it, and it has a bunch of really good, iconic scenes. Also, I dig the overall tone, more in line with the first movie before thing started getting exponentially goofier in the third movie

It's literally the main character is gay and accepting it: the movie

The S/M scene with the teacher was really well done. I think it delivers better horror than most in that scene for a few males as gay stuff like that still does terrifiy a few insecure guys.

Freddy coming out of the pool was also amazing, although it did look kinda shitty. 30 teenagers scard of a guy with claws.
While believable, somewhat, it was shot weird.

>accepting it
She literally kisses him, so that Freddy gets destroyed.
The heterosexual saved him from being a homo.

are you sure.

They should do one last movie with the old Freddy while he's still alive.

I'd watch it desu. I just don't know if Englund is done with the character or not

I've read that Englund doesn't want to do it anymore. When he's looking in the mirror he sees Freddy instead of his own face or something.

I liked Freddy vs Jason. Freddy definitely shined more than Jason did.

It certainly felt like a Nightmare movie with Jason shoved into it

Sweet it's on Netflix. Gonna dive into this, thanks.

Have fun, user. As a fan of the franchise since i was a kid, this is one of my favorite horror docs desu