What is

your favorite, LONGEST movie ever made?

pic related (nearly 8 hours of pure kino)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NxHNl2H8IO0
youtu.be/xZcd254VO-c
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logistics_(film)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

OMG LIFE IS SO TERRIBLE AND HUMANITY IS OUT FOR THEMSELVES WITH NO EXCEPTIONS! EVERYTHING IS BLEAK AND MEANINGLESS, FREEDOM IS A TERRIFYING THING TO STUPID PEOPLE, AND THE WORLD IS A COLD AND UNFORGIVING PLACE! LET ME DEMONSTRATE THIS BY HOLDING THE CAMERA ON THE DESOLATE BARREN WASTELAND AND THE PATHETIC MONGRELS WHO ARE THE CHARACTERS FOR MINUTES AND MINUTES AT A TIME AS THE AUDIENCE SHIFTS UNCOMFORTABLY UNDER THEIR GAZE! HA HA HA HA! I AM SUCH A GENIUS! THANK GOD I WASN'T PURGED BY STALIN OR ELSE I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO SHARE THIS MASTERFUL VISION WITH THE WORLD! YES, YES, LOOK AT HOW SHE TORTURES THE CAT! IT IS A METAPHOR FOR THE CORRUPTION OF POWER! YES! POWER... CORRUPTION... HUMANITY SUCKS! NOW GIVE ME MORE MONEY TO FUND MY NEXT NIHILISTIC MASTERPIECE!

wtf, 8 hours?! fuck that shit man

t. Butthurt pleb

Ive watched a six and a seven hour long lecture by Sir David Icke.

DOWN WITH THE GLOBALIST>

Looks interesting. Care to share what it's about?

>Care to share what it's about

No. You have to experience it. Reading the plot is not the same. Reading a summary is not the same. I might turn you off watching it if I began to explain what it's about.

Shoah
Human Condition Trilogy
Out 1

>binges breaking bad on netflix

Listening to a legit crazy man ranting about Lizardmen while wearing a blue outfit.

He's fucking mental.

Holy shit you are such a faggot

You, see

>Holy shit you are such a faggot

heh. move along kiddo. this board is for 18 year olds or older.

>heh
Faggot confirmed. Enjoy your AIDS.

>homophobia

utter patheticness.

Eight hours of pure, uncut, unadulterated ΚΙΝΟ!

There's really nothing pretentious about this film.

You're an utter pleb, I'm sorry to say. Oh wow you finally discovered Bela Tarr. Too bad Tarr is utter shit. Go back to Siedl.

fanny and alexander

Yeah, but plebs get scared very easily.

You overestimate Tarr and yourself.

fuck off. we dont want you on this board spouting complete idiocy.

Lawrence of Arabia

You're utterly out of your depth here. I thought I was in on some great secret when I watched Satantango many years ago. I got over it and so will you. There is quite honestly nothing to his films.

>not reading the Laszlo krahznahorkai novel in the original Hungarian

I forgot I'm not on /lit/.

I don't remember the name of the movie but it was made in like 1928 or 1930's or something and parts of it were missing so it was just audio and pictures at parts but it was amazing. Anyone know what movie I'm talking about?

Everyone knows Krasznahorkai was the real brain behind Tarr's films.
And you underestimate me.

movies Cred Forums tricked you into watching?

NEVER again

>hitting the nail on the head this much

>that image
>>>/9gag/

>nothing pretentious about 10 minutes long static shots of cattle going by or some geezer smoking a cig in grainy black and white in a time when color film is commonplace
yeah nothing pretentious about this like at all

>image macro
>9fag
you fucking newpleb I saw image macros being born as a meme over 10 years ago. you know nothing user snow.

Video art isn't really Kino though.

>video art
>shot on film not video

nice try fag, but every single pixel of that particular image screams 9gag

books are like movies but for poor people

every letter of your post screams fudgepacker

It's the same art installation faggotry tier as vid art senpai. Arguing semantics is for cucks and redditors.

it's not video art though
you could view it as a sort of progenitor of video art
but it's definitely not video art

>liking an 8 hour long meme

I would say but I don't think you're even old enough to use this website

Fanny and Alexander is great. Late career Bergman like Autumn Sonata and Saraband never get any love around here.

Warhol was def innovating I agree on that. Doesn't make it something I would want to watch more than once though.

You're 35 year old meme and your mom still likes you... I-I hope.

Video art is specifically defined by the fact it's shot and edited on video. The expression "video art" didn't even come by before home video. Suggesting that a film made in 1964 could be video art is preposterous.
Also what this guy said

She sometimes just stares at me for minutes on end in grainy black and white.

I don't know how someone can unironically think Tarr isn't a talentless hack.

The longest one I've seen is either Jeanne Dielman or Gone With the Wind.

Bait. Go back to your Zack Snyder kiddo. We're talking about real stuff here.

>hurr if you don't like my fetish director you're a pleb who like capeshit
>durr the world is all black and white like demigod Tarr's films

I don't give a fuck if Dekalog isn't considered a film by many—it's one to me, bitches.

Welcome to art films

it's not a film

*giggles*

Kill yourself if you think discount shop Tarkovsky is a good director.

>every slow movie ever is somehow linked to Tarko/v/sky

really fires up the ol' neurons

it's 10 short films

Anybody else seen this?

It's like 7 hours long, but I was captivated the whole time. I didn't want the story to end and yet I felt satisfied when it did.

>Tarr wasn't heavily influenced by Tarkovsky
Come back when you know something about film kiddo.

He wasn't

I woudl say the frist godfather. its super long

Yes he was you retard

Substantiate that claim

>inb4 DUDE SLOW TRACKING SHOTS LMAO

Tarr himself seems bothered by this comparison and doesn't think it makes much sense

Is this kino y/n?
>3h57m

no

judging by the poster im gonna say no. looks pretty bad desu

The Human Condition is definitely my favorite long kino.
What makes it interesting is that it needs to be that long (9 hours).
There's no needless shots or 20min masturbatory self indulgence close ups.

Why doesn't it make sense?
There's also motifs like the use of rain.
You have to be out of your mind if you think Tarkovsky wasn't an influence

It's definitely not kino but interesting nonetheless

Thanks for reminding me, I watched it earlier this year and completely forgot it's name

>go to film school (inb4 memefest)
>learn about how films are done, how to structure a screenplay, how to have an intention when directing
>learn to value and respect the craftsmanship that goes into movies
>then some tard comes along and proclaims that this hungarian hack is somehow superior because of slow tracking shots and minimalistic mise-en-scène
>even though his movies are objectively terrible because they completely fail to generate any minimal genuine interest by anyone other than some contrarians and critics
>he literally misses the whole point of making movies, and his movies fail to deliver the intended message (basically this minus the bantz)
>people actually get fooled by the old "slow tracking shots in b/w with minimal action/dialogue"-meme which is what literally half the class does for their early exercises because they can't come up with anything

Don't judge a book by its cover senpai. Also I posted the poster with latin letters so that you could read the title, here's the original one

I forget the exact interview, but when asked if Tarkovsky had any influence on him, he answered with a very definitive no.
Tarkovsky are very ethereal and ambiguous while Tarr's are grounded and visceral.
youtu.be/NxHNl2H8IO0
He cites Miklos Jancso and Rainer Werner Fassbinder as his primary influence (The Jancso one is most evident if you've seen any of his films.)
youtu.be/xZcd254VO-c

Still looks bad desu. I really don't think Japan can do anything good in color. Unless it is an anime. B/W japanese film = actual god-tier. Color, nah.

It's pure fucking kino.
Seriously though, it's a really good movie.
It's an interesting take on the breaking bad / descent into madness trope.
I heard that it was trimmed by like 3 hours, which seems a shame since the story is completely coherent and doesn't really linger about on anything.

I've read the novel but does it really need to be justified to have it turned into an 8 hour movie?

Also does anyone else think it feels like a Hungarian 1984, both end with Wilson and everyone in the village realizing it's meaninglessness to try and change or fight the system.

Samurai trilogy is 10/10

>not watching a 35 day long kino
Plebs all of you.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logistics_(film)

It's funny how you think anime is good in any way. Love Exposure is better than virtually any anime and at the same time it feels very anime-ish.

tarr is a fantastic director and you clearly learned nothing from your meme degree

You must not really be into Japanese cinema.
They have a ton of god tier color movies.

It's funny how people who defend Tarr can never offer any objective argument to defend his supposed genius, while obliterated him in one post.

le reading film by the book meme

Filmmaking is an art form, not a science, you fucking moron.

Probably because of the cross dressing and panty shots

le thinking that studying film means "reading film by the book" meme

>Playing an instrument is an art form, not a science, so after listening to a lot of violin concertos I can now play violin better than someone who wasted his time getting his meme degree at a conservatory

He can say whatever he wants, it's pretty obvious to me. Hell, there's a scene in Werckmeister Harmonies where they're walking through town to the rythmic sound of something clinking that mirrors the scene in Stalker where they're riding the rail cart while it rattles in rhythm.
Not saying he's the same thematically, but many similarities can be found.

you should go to school only to learn how to operate the instruments or equipment

>while "old as fuck copypasta" obliterated him in one post
nah
how about you provide some objetive argument against him?

I never said watching movies is all you need to be a good filmmaker, you meme.

>objective
Might want to look up what that word means before you use it.

and how is any of this objectively bad? How can a world view be objectively bad.

I'd watch this if there wasn't a real cat getting tortured, fuck that shit

I've only seen two bela tarr films, one being Werckmeister Harmonies which is one of my favorites of all time

Motherfuckin' Gettysburg, over 4 hours.
on VHS and a projector, it was like, 2 or 3 VHS cassettes.
And I just found that there's a director's cut too which I have never seen.

Fellowship of the Ring: Extended Edition I guess

greed? there's an 8 hour cut

vampyres is also very long

Godfather Novel For Television which combined both 1 & 2 reedited plus like an hour of extra stuff cut out from the original.

>no love for histoire(s) du cinema
I wish it was ten times as long.

>not understanding the difference between episodic content and continuous films

Unless you're saying it's the same.

Hey everyone, according to Cred Forums, watching multiple episodes of breaking bad is the same as watching op's shit movie.

That's the one, senpai! Greed by Erich von Stroheim. The 4 hour restored version. Such a great movie.

It's completely blatant. He wants to express monotony and decadence, so he just shows cows passing by for 10 minutes. Where's the subtlety in that? Where's the metaphor? Films tell stories that are analogies about life, if you just want to comment on life you might as well just have some text saying "EVERYTHING IS BORING AND NOTHING HAPPENS", because the effect would be exactly the same. The point of making a film is to "gild the pill" so to speak, getting my attention somehow and then sneaking in the message through that story, not just blatantly throwing your message in my face. Anyone can do that, it's pointless, and it's not interesting. It's not telling me anything new, it's not giving me any insight into human nature, it's not showing me a different worldview. It simply misses every single point about filmmaking. Of course you can defend that saying that he's trying to subvert conventions, which the standard way to defend any pointless avantgarde film, but conventions weren't just invented one day by some jew, they evolved into part of the filmmaking process over the course of decades because through trial and error we learned how to properly use the tools to make films. Of course there's going to be people trying to break away from this, it's ok, that's just experimental filmmaking, and it's always healthy to experiment as to discover new things. But that doesn't make it good. It makes it different, very different, because it's actually going against everything we know about films, but it doesn't make it good. On the contrary, it makes it bad, just like you can experiment with cooking and through experimenting learn things and get ideas, all the while your actual dish will taste like crap because it's just that, an experiment.

is lav diaz devoting like 12 hours to watch one of his movies?

>hurr you can't define anything objectively about movies you have to FEEL it
>however I will say that this movie I happen to like is objectively good and you're objectively stupid if you disagree
I hate you.

>watching films isn't all you need
>but if you study it it's a pointless meme degree that only teaches to read films "by the books"

>8 hours
>kino
>laughing_girls.jpg

get on my level pleb, I watched this kino straight 643 minutes of pure unadulterated kino.

truly I've become kino

HOLY SHIT PRETENTIOUS PLEBEIANS ON REDDITV GETTING B T F O

Heimat, at 15 hours. Taken together, the entire series is some 53 hours in length.

That's subjective.
I said OBJECTIVE.

shut up nigger

>10 hours
cute

It's funny how you think anime is bad when you compare it to your shit film. You just blew yourself the fuck out.