So this happened

So this happened.
deadline.com/2016/10/space-drama-the-expanse-streaming-netflix-1201834745/
Thoughts?

>tfw no belter gf

nice. i torrented all of it, but i'll watch it all again on netflix. i really liked the show, for the most part.

The second and third season, aka the rest of the first book and the second one literally can't be done with Syfy shitty budget.

>Wanting a walking skeleton as a waifu

>not wanting a walking skeleton as a waifu

hopefully netflix fixes the shitty sound mixing

I'm very excited for the second season after those final episodes of Season 1.

>Netflix has inked a deal with Legendary Global Television Distribution for global rights (excluding the United States, Canada and New Zealand) to the space opera

well who the fuck stream this shit in north america then? the god damn syfy website only lets you watch the latter half of season 1 even with a tv subscription.

Ok so for Americans this changes nothing and it is still impossible to watch this show in any legal and reasonable way?

Obviously I pirated but I have friends and family who don't who I know would love this show and it's not even being given a chance.

Damn, I haven't read the books, but I hope they're able to do whatever cool shit they need to without it looking retarded

honestly i'm not sure they can

apparently this show must have went over like a fart in church in the us and canada because fucking nobody streams this (legally)

Why's that?
(And try and explain without spoiling)

Only overseas, will will be syfy in the States

Its on Syfy.

Glad someone saved my webms

pls don't fuck this up, syfy

>Glad someone saved my webms
I've done more than save them if you know what im saying

>Its on Syfy.

only the second half and that includes people with legit tv subscriptions. if anyone wants to catch up they're fucked because nobody else streams it, you cant even watch the first half from ondemand services either.

Non-bookfags if you don't hate generic white guy protag by the end of the first season, you are going to despise him by the end of the second season if they follow the book.

they're 10 years behind in modern television show budgeting because they kept trying to make the new BSG and failing.

The show has avoided a lot of the canadian film environment that other shows of theirs hasn't for the most part.

They're things coming up that are very..atmospheric that simple cgi tricks are not going to cover and we're going to find out where their limitations are very soon.

To make a point of it..BSG had similar limitations where the scope of their universe was artistically limited which helped the budget..the naturalistic documentarian style cannot save The Expanse, they dont have tits and swearing like GOT,

and the true examples cannot be talked about without ruining things.. but instead of showing us solar system going to shit, they're telling us through news segments.

In books that is okay..in television you need to show people. My two thoughts.

Season 1 is on Amazon streaming.

I think I went out of my way to pirate it and it was so bad I certainly wont waste time now that its convenient to watch

not prime, you have to buy it. i dont want to own the whole season i just want to watch it once and catch up. you can't do that anywhere because for whatever fucked up reaosn only the last 5 eps are available.

The expanse is by far the most expensive show syfy has made. even then, the production company needed overseas sales to make it work.

They are paying 4 million a episode. (40 million per season)

I understand.

no wonder they needed more outside financing then. if it is that expensive.

>Bitching that you can't watch something legally without paying 15 bucks.

If you are so buttblasted about it then download it. I bought the blu-ray it was so good.

Yep, it a top five show on expenses. There was some real worries on its ratings that season 2 might get canceled, but between the Netflix sale and the higher then expected blu-ray-streaming sales, it might get a season 3 if more watch it.

i already pay for tv service to watch the rest of their programs, i can watch everything else except this specific show either on the syfy site or ondemand. i just dont understand why dont they put the whole season up, its only this show, i can watch everything else syfy makes.

fyi for americans amazon prime has streaming rights, they just dont go into effect until december.

so that solves that.

Amazon Prime in December.

>Someone who isn't Netflix makes Kino
>Immediately acquired
Fugg

it doesn't really mean much in terms of the actual show, it's still a Syfy series

when the fuck are they going to put Killjoys in there?

Only thing is that the production company is going to make some money on the show now.

Also it seems that Netflix liked what they saw in season 2 production

netflix has so much money they can buy shows with reckless abandon and not even worry about it.

First "syfy" show I've seen without shitty cgi

Be nice if newer shows get picked up for streaming with Netflix. A lot cable shows have shitty streaming for their shows.

Was he /ourguy/?

that's great, its easily the best if only good scifi of the decade

I hope it has a long run

>SyFy