avclub.com/article/la-belle-noiseuse-other-jacques-rivette-movies-are-244183
letterboxd.com/eternalsunshi/film/blue-is-the-warmest-color/2/
letterboxd.com/Smoothhands/
youtube.com/watch?v=j42eaiLdBTY
letterboxd.com/AnvilVapre/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bumping my own thread /kms/

letterboxd.com/shao_liu_ringon/
Really getting into Fritz langs filmography and digging the German expressionist movement a whole lot, also fantasy and horror seems to go really well with silent films.
Night of the devils is super atmospheric spooky Italian Gothic vampire horror.
Blood father was trashy, entertaining fun, Mel doing the geriatric action film without embarrassing himself like Neeson, Penn, Travolta etc, paid to see it in cinemas despite it being on vod, I have some vain, vain hope that supporting non-capeshit action films will have some effect/help.

Really want personal shopper, valley of violence and aquarious to leak.

Reminds me of the Maoist International Film review club.
prisoncensorship.info/archive/etext/movies/
Pure lulz, example:
Schindlers List: A fitting Amerikan eulogy to one benevolent capitalist who saved people by putting them to work in his factory.
The Powerpuff Girls: A mutant monkey decides that simians have lived under humyn rule too long and uses the Powerpuff Girls to build power for his simian
mutant creations. In the end, the Powerpuff Girls kill off hundreds of mutant monkeys, gorillas and apes to win victory.

What's wrong with the first list?

there's nothing mysterious about neurotic women

I like your reviews, and seeing how they've developed over the last few months

Why do you need to state your verdict at the end of your reviews when it shows your ratings at the top.

Where did you watch Under the Shadow? I can't find it on the private tracker, PassThePopcorn.

because all lb users are women or numales?

Admittedly I've only gotten back into reviewing this year. I used to do tons of them over on my deviantart page in the past but fell out of doing it.
Ah, that is largely because I also post those reviews on deviant art and that site..well doesn't have a star rating option.
Usually copy and paste the reviews I did from there and forget to remove the star rating.

Under the shadows out on netflix, vudu and amazon video for rental.
Unfortunately neither amazon is accepting my Irish credit card for its streaming service, vudu is America only I think and I actually don't have netflix.
Would up finding a summary of every part of the plot, memorizing it at and watching an un-subtitled rip from some middle eastern site. I'll be re-watching it when a proper upload appears. But I got everything for that summary and paying attention to what was happening on screen.

*wound up finding
I was that excited and desperate to see the film.
Not showing in Irish theatres either =

>/lbg/
more like /lgbt/ am I rite?

>deviant art
yikes! that site is cancer

letterboxd.com/TooPleb/

Got a fresh Shin Godzilla review for you

Pretty much fart out stuff once a day onto it for the sake of storing stuff on it, its a bad place if you're fishing for comments and feedback.

Was Tom Mitchell really, REALLY, worth a first round pick?

>Under the shadows out on netflix, vudu and amazon video for rental.
Oh man just found out it was just released a few days ago. I found it on Vudu and I know Netflix bought the rights to it but that was way back at Sundance and it still hasn't shown up. Subtitled upload should be available any day now. Been excited for this movie all year.

Adding to this: Silent horror films you all might want to add to a Halloween list:
-Faust
-a page of madness
-Nosferatu
-Cabinet of dr Caligari
-Der mude tod
-The lodger
-hands of orlac
-phantom carriage
-Haxan
-the golem
-Phantom of the opera
-Man who laughs

Still going to parade under the shadow as better than the babadook. The theme is more interesting, its more lowkey, better acting and that allowed me to care more about the characters.

Why were you that desperate to watch it to do this??

Surely anyone this keen to watch it would also not want their viewing experience of it ruined by a low quality rip and bad understanding

>God complex
I bet Zuckerberg seems like a God to these pathetic non-achievers

And vampyre.
Had been waiting over a year and I have awful patience but as I said, yeah definately watching it again when better quality is out.

That's encouraging. I was really into watching Iranian movies last year and that's what lead me to finding Under the Shadow.

I've seen taste of cherry, under the shadow and killing mad dogs.
Killing mad dogs is only available on Iranian torrents and youtube as far as I can see.

I find it rather interesting that the 'movies in which a hetero white man with a god complex is rude' list has the best films.

What have I done, I've failed as a chick film viewer lol
I'll probably have to go watch love and friendship or something now.

All good except for Memento, why do sexists have such a good taste?

Love and Friendship was hilarious senpai

I liked those bbc Jane Austen adaptations more than I'd admit and the trailer was amusing, I'll eventually watch it =P

That third list is hilarious though

It's a Whit Stillman joint so I imagine it has top tier bants (I haven't seen it.)

I've seen it. Yes it absolutely did, they were all madmans.

does anyone here like movies

Only fagaroos like movies.

RIP steakbro, we will never forgive you :(

>still no Greasy Strangler rip

you can watch the oily maniac instead

oily maniac is kino

who dis

...u 1st

letterboxd.com/horrormaster34/

>Rate. Hate. Follow

MACHILL

BTFO
T
F
O

no content warning? I'm triggered now

if you hate this person so much, why do you continue to read and screencap their stuff?

>5 cm per second

I threw up in my mouth a little

letterboxd.com/Synt/

Is farce dead as a comedy genre?

Very jealous you get Shin Godzilla over there. I wonder why there's no UK distribution.

does anyone have the "bel blocked" SS?

horrormaster34 = embryo

added to le watchlist

>movies with girl in the title that are actually about women
damn I brought that up to my friends not too long ago.

>A Serious Man, A Single Man, Irrational Man.

>Girl on the Train, Gone Girl, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

really made me think...

This, definitely in my top 5 for the year

It's another one of those sexist things that women are responsible for, like the Oscars red carpet fashion controversy

letterboxd.com/samtlx/

Penis Boy

letterboxd.com/pastafrola/list/mental-illness/

nice max headroom poster

It was a pretty weird video. You think there was something behind it or just some people fucking around?

letterboxd.com/elcochran90/film/halloween-ii/

I would love a definite answer, i'd say fucking around.

Have a new one

Lmao I didn't know pastafrola had balls

A radical attack on class, nation and gender oppression: Shrek 2

not the guy, but I read what's on my front page. If there's a fuck in my follows who liked this creature's review, it will pop up. Please enlighten me if there's a way to hide its reviews, because blocking doesn't work, and my vision is getting worse every time I read one of these abominations

don't go on the front page just follow people that you like. Navigate directly to /activity

the review is wrong it's actually the moty

name ONE user better than based aeltbx

steakbro

me

wtf i hate pastafrola now

t. link "literally rëddit" gorro

>there are actually people who waste their time writing reviews on letterboxd
>they do it for free

Rostova's blogs have greater literary merit desu

has Tokyo Olympiad ever gotten a blu ray release?

Protip: Turner Classic Movies has Nosferatu, Caligari and Haxan on their streaming site for free if you have cable right now.

No

Use blu-ray.com for a pretty comprehensive resource of blu-rays that exist

cheers pal

Bought this

Is the film any good? and Why do people like steel books they fucking suck

Just realised the guy from The Canon podcast is *that* guy from all the shit that went down yesterday.

I liked that podcast god damn it.

The sheer levels of V.A. butthurt in the comments are honestly shocking

Finding a nice balance this October between my 31 Halloween films and my bigger watchlist.

hell yeah suspiria

machill54 is my friend

>But who am I to give a sermon? Nobody, really. Just a past friend that you've begun to dettach yourself from since very personal FB voice messages I sent to you during a very difficult time that you decided to ignore. Well, what can you do. Friendships come and friendships go.
wew lad, eli and edgar are some catty bitches

Eli is so limpwristed it makes me sick

YOUR DICK IS LIMP YOU FUCKING FAGGOT COCKSUCKER

t. Eli's boyfriend

kek at that last list, Patrick Bateman is parody. Not to mention he was written by a gay man and brought to film by a woman.

You said it amigo

letterboxd.com/yawned
It's cocktober so i'm watching a shitton of horror movies with hot guys in them
What are some legit kino horror movies/snow core movies?

Kwaidan has both

whats that

What did you like about it? I found both of the host and their opinions insufferable.

A movie

REEEEEEEEEEEEPORTED!

editing is painful.

letterboxd.com/machill54/

Put off watching Strip Nude for your killer for ages, the extremely lurid title made me think it was going to be an ucomfortable last house on the left type watch. But it's actually a fairly standard Italian thriller with a few more boobies. Good

Finance of the grand duke was pretty boring, almost as you could expect with a silent film about the debt of a duke. I quite enjoy that even in these lesser Murnau's there's always at least a few scenes or something about it that shows real craft/creativity.

>Close-Up the same rating as giallo B-movie garbage

Fucking embryos I swear

Well then, I've just got done watching love and friendship, although I'm still trying to work out my thoughts on it. Sevingny and Beckinsale worked well together in their scenes, Tom Bennet was often very funny in this. It can be sporadically funny with the rest of the humour, its amusing without being hyterically funny. Though it suffers a bit I think from comparisons to other Austen adaptations, Stephen Fry is waaay underused, made me feel like I missed something (even though that wasn't the case) or that something was mssing. Dangerous liasons I feel is a better film because you get a better feel of the scheming and it has more time to work with.
Still though quite watchale stuff and a good enough laugh.

you sound like it was your first stillman

tsar ur missing a star

FREAK OUT!! le freak c'est chic!

- NO HORROR FOR HALLOWEEN -

Hey movie fanatics!! You like watching movies that make your heart go boom boom? If you are like me, and enjoy some great cinematophilia to have with tea, it's time to say no: no to horror, no to idiots bleeding cranes, no to the killer chased... and yes to the killer getting chased himself. The only horror movie you are to be allowed this halloween is called witch hunt, and you are the sole protagonist!! Take out your whip and whip the imbeciles to keep indulging in this savantic nimbius genre, in this cahoot of sorts, this memoir of people without a life to tell. I say, LET'S GO CRAZY !!! LET'S GET NUTS !!! LET'S NOT WATCH ANY HORROR FILMS FOR THEY ARE LACKLUSTAH !!!

When they're talking about the film in question I generally like what they have to say, it's not *high* analysis or anything, but it's interesting enough. Sure, you have to wade through about 10 minutes per episode of ads and other bullshit, usually twitter related which gave him an opportunity to """"rant"""" about some bullshit or another.

To be honest, I'd probably rather listen to her than him. So maybe this was for the best.

I don't like it, but it's interesting in that it was released when Coppola was at his peak and all critics lambasted it when it came out. There's an obscure documentary (which made Coppola emotional when he watched it, by the way) about people who love the film. It ends up being kind of a homage to being a 'cinephile', or to really connecting with a piece of art. It's neat, I enjoyed it more than the film, actually. But it's only in Spanish and there are no subtitles online so you're out of luck for that.

I'd say you'll enjoy it if you liked Rebel Without a Cause.

Thats very true I haven't seen the rest of his work.
Though I am open to exploring more of it.

Do it, he's one of the hidden greats. Takes a couple of watched to get into him though

Oui oui baguette merci beaucoup (that's Arabic for "Miranna pls come tf back")

Metropolitan is GOAT.

Last Days of Disco is like if Linklater made a nostalgic film about friendship and, well, the last days of disco. I love it so much.

miranna, dude, it was a joke. you think i would be so desperate? miranna, man, it was prank, by prankster : me

Fookin Fulfa

letterboxd.com/crete/

An American werewolf in London was surprisingly good, anyone have any horror or just in general recomendations would be cool

>surprisingly good
:^\

I recommend you find a non-shitty genre to explore. How's that?

t. embryo

t. embryo

fellow autist ideas for organizing video folder. i had cinema / series, but cinema feels odd for works released direct to video, not screened on a theater, etc. what word can i use to contrast serialized contest? like individual but less bad

Films?

But cinema is by now way more an expanded concept than 'made-for-theater-only' stuff

yeah i know, but the word is too associated with the physical place for me
i used film for a year but i changed it because it felt too analog, kind of like the same thing above. its not wrong but it has a stigma in my mind

for starters delete series

had to do this recently. i just mae a few genre folders and sorted them that way.

Au Hasard Balthazar was awful. What do people see in this movie?

@@75262855
That's a reply for a hot dumb post(er)

this meme gotta die
that's heresy to me that stuff belongs on the metadata
same

thats a recourring question with bresson movies

I've seen it twice: once on VHS and once on DVD. Neither time have I thought it was great. Maybe Bresson needs to be seen in 35mm on the big screen. I've seen The Trial of Joan of Arc that way and thought it was a flat-out masterpiece.

i saw it on a decent screen on bluray so im not sure about that but i wanna revisit it because i got kind of urinated when watching it since i had no idea "who" bresson was and how he did movies. also i didn't even feel like it was a sad movie? i wanna buy into the premise of 'the world in an hour and a half" but it didnt seem nearly as cruel or mean spirited as people make it out to be... i like salo much more for that

There was no world threatening energy beam in ninjaturtles remake nor ironman

One was a gas canister that would at best take out a burrough in new york and the other was literally a small beam

How do you make a list of films and fuck up THIS hard THIS fast?

>that's heresy to me that stuff belongs on the metadata

matadata? not sure what you mean

i watch films by the mood im in so genre work well for me.

I've seen 3 Bression movies and all them were very middle of the road and elicit no reaction either way really. just kind of "so?"

(Movies being Man Escaped, Pickpocket, & Balthazar)

(

>i like salo much more for that

I was going to recommend this article to you, but apparently you already wrote the damn thing:
wikihow.com/Be-Edgy

Who's to blame?

Do you even need to ask?

Pickpocket hit me really hard, actually. It's Balthazar that left me cold

how are the joos to blame for user's atrophied emotions?

Him, the embryo, obviously

>not preferring the superior version

The movie Paul Schrader liked so much he chose it as one of his favourite movies of the 90s, if he does say so himself.

its data that is used to categorize the data in question. so the metadata for a song would be stuff like "artist" "date" "title" "genre", and hey if it works for you cool, im just more of a purist so i need the most basic level, or a more objective level of identity (genres are loose, non-descriptive to me) so i just use the title

??? that's the entire point of balthazar/salo, it just works better on salo. edgy is a misused word get real man

Feeding us a diet of shit in other movies/media so that genuine artistry can't be appreciated.

I like a lot Bresson's films. He's one of the greatest. But Au Hasard Balthazar rubs me the wrong way.

Admittedly my good taste is at fault.

t. literally an embryo

>it just works better on salo. edgy is a misused word get real man

You get real, man. That movie is literally an edgelord's wet dream.

But it isn't superior.
It is however one of the very best by him.

sorting things by title is horrible for finding thingd to watch tho. like that doesnt help at all youll just have a big block of films in one folder called "cinema" lol

So one of the best in a terrible filmography. High praise mman.

Not a great director, not on his peak for a long while, but no, that's just a dumb exaggeration, it's not a terrible filmography.

>muh wounded masculinity

Is he the prime purveyor of /cuckcore/ in our times?

>
Be away, ghettoposter

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""you dont get it""""""""""""""""""""""
i know what i wanna watch, and i organize by what they are in the most objective sense. the same way i dont have music under a "rock" folder and be like "hm hm today is ROCKING day!!!"
u can sort by genres in kodi anyhow i dont browse media with file exporers
so 90 :)
third post isnt me also

I've seen this many times and I still have no clue what it means.

which one of these should I watch desu lads?

sort by highest rated and watch the first one

they already are
also letterboxd userbase thinks Mad Max is the best film of 2015
surely that can't be right

youd be suprise

If not the best, it's at the very top

oh god 2015 was fucking terrible

I wouldn't say that. There have been better years, is all.

maybe better luck with this year
did I miss anything important?

2015 must've been a pretty shit year then

Not really.

Great Lists!

thanks la
feel free to give suggestions

D R U G W A R
R
U
G
W
A
R

safe senpai

HOLY SHIT IT WAS THE NEIGHBOR ALL ALONG

Oh, I UNDERSTAND Bresson, believe me. I just didn't like it!

@75268076
t. embryo

I hate amerifats

letterboxd.com/bvgf/
Going to see Shin Godzilla in half an hour.

>implying you can identify them over the an anonymous messageboard

romancing in thin air

This movie made me cry.

>He logs TV shows

of course, trakt master race

fulci got style

what did he mean by this

>Really getting into Fritz langs filmography and digging the German expressionist movement a whole lot

You're on your way

who is the best new user of 2016? kagsmagnus?

t. dropout_KEK!

what shall I watch this evening?

that's just the public highest rated films of the year

letterboxd.com/films/year/2015/by/rating/size/small/

YEEES!! Karmagnum = patrician :)
Ly kags

/teamkags/ here

>letterboxd

>tfw greasy strangler is now online but STILL no La Polizia Chiede Aiuto

why live

Manhunter is much better than any other "Hannibal" film

Who is the best user that posted his profile ITT?

What does the word between me and pour say and mean? Condoquerez or something. I assume from the context it means consider or something but can't figure it out

Oops

youtube.com/watch?v=_4Ge8y7QtO4
english dub here
couldn't find the italian but didn't look too hard either

obviously I mean the blu-ray you god danbed clown

I'm pretty sure he means 'convoke', like 'I hope you will convoke me', meaning call to the screen test. Odd word there 'convoquerez'.

rude

impari le buone maniere prima di inviare i suoi messaggi su questo sito

Why is ronald acting so RUDE lately? Are the meds failing? Did he got cuckooed?

agreed on Manhunter

also hot take: Scream is not good. Script is dreadful and Craven's slick direction is the only thing that saves it. I hate meta horror.

letterboxd.com/white_water/

please stop calling me ronald!!!

You're wrong

Scream is good. in my opinion

>Scream is not good
>I hate meta horror

Classic
white_water = embryo

just watched it
was pretty terrible
kinda funny though

Refrain from providing opinions if they will be wrong. kthxby

More like he didn't cuckooed and is angry about it

it's a well made movie, probably Craven's best just in how it's put together but I'd never say it's good. Matthew Lillard is the worst actor of all time.

>it's a well made movie
>probably Craven's best
>but I'd never say it's good
Makes you think

Craven suc

kinda agree desu most of his older work is garbage, Craven was never as good as his peers but I also think he's the only one of that bunch that got better with age

you know you can admit something is well made but you just didn't personally enjoy it do you?

The embryos are always getting bolder

Name that 'garbage'. Share a further laugh

Hills Have Eyes and Last House on the Left are terrible films

[00:36.59]
[00:37.28]The lies lies lies
[00:38.96]You love those lies
[00:40.58]You tell them straight
[00:42.40]Straight to my face
[00:44.07]They feel so right
[00:45.95]They keep you safe
[00:48.26]And you're so...
[00:49.01]
[00:49.20]Good at it, oh it comes automatic
[00:52.56]Lies more lies
[00:53.56]I can tell they're lies
[00:55.07]I can see right through
[00:57.62]You have see-through eyes
[00:59.24]
[00:59.43]Knocked down drag your name out
[01:03.23]All across the town
[01:04.29]This time I won't be your dirty little secret
[01:05.54]Not for you, not for me, not for your other lover
[01:10.03]I won't be your dirty little secret
[01:14.03]
[
by vulva

was it autism?

>French """people"""

>tfw no cinephile gf

Did you lol when the kids got run over?

I have never laughed harder at a black baby

hey famalamalamamas recommend me non-shit horror movies pls

I think it was only the mother that got run over, but yeah
Also when the lady cop kept getting run over and shot and still wouldn't die

I live you volve

there are no women cinephiles

berling is so handsome

>implying you would know

Who is Synt?
Who is smoothhands?
Who is SJB?

I literally thought this was lesbian gay bi letterbox users: the thread for a while.

does it have a release date for us netflix? not up there now
I wish the horror selection wasn't so shit with exception of a bunch for good movies from the last five years. If you sort by date there are literally like 30 movies from before the year 2000.

No idea. It's currently on a limited release run so it won't be on there for awhile.

I thought people on mubi were disturbed...until I made a letterbox and there are dozens upon dozens of 10,000 word reviews for the most unremarkable of movies. Stick to a diary my dudes.
I think they'll restart it w/ just Amy.

onibaba
vampyr
eyes without a face
ugetsu
lots of japanese ghost stories etc
all the german expressionism horror already mentioned

It's one of my least favorite Bressons but I still love it, honestly I think it gets so hyped bc people are sociopaths or emotionally stunted so they can only feel bad for a donkey and not also feel as much emotion about "real" people. See all the crap people say about Mouchette and how she deserves her lot in life.

goodshit

are you a sociopath? or 15?
maybe rewatch them in like 5 years

>fw my gf is a pleb

>that guy who's obsessed with le sociopaths
lel

I just make a (private) letterbox list so I can look at my dls more easily and filter by genre, length, and so on.
Carol of course
45 years is also really good, and Wolf Hall is underrated

letterboxd.com/machill54/

Was really looking forward to psychomania but it didn't really click with me. Managed to be completely off the wall and unlike anything I've seen before but also quite tame and boring despite this. There's a lot to like in it and I get why it has a following but overall not for me
shame

your wrong it's good in my opinion

>avclub.com/article/la-belle-noiseuse-other-jacques-rivette-movies-are-244183

>The Story Of Marie And Julien (2003), the best of Rivette’s later films.

lol no. keep your opinions out of what are supposed to be news articles Russianmeme

wow forgot to post an image twice now in this thread

maybe my brain is rotting from too many extremely good films

45 Years is better than Carol, btw

this, it was one of the more underrated movies of last year (at least in America, I think it got acclaim and accolades in UK)

that types of letterbox users that's in the recommended lists section now is depressing bc I was like only a teen would think this (w/ their movie selection) and o look it is by a 16 year old...why so many teens on letterbox or did 106 adults like that list

also
wtf is up with the user claire diane I keep coming across w/ her horror reviews, she mentions other mental illness but unless she made up some word salad way of writing on purpose it's giving me serious schizo vibes and honestly frightens me

yeah yeah, I prefer the book desu, but I'd still say it's highest priority

lbg is full of teenagers and plebs, only natural they flock to pleb lists about pleb media

Thanks

letterboxd.com/eternalsunshi/film/blue-is-the-warmest-color/2/

I wish there was a site as good as letterboxd because the community has gone to such shit. One guy calls her out for not discussing films on a film reviewing website and three people swarm at him along with her claiming she does serious reviews when everything she writes is a sentence long yet she has 500 followers

I wouldn't be so mad but I came out as a faglord to my family within my time on letterboxd but didn't whore out my sexuality for free upboats, which wouldn't work anyway because I'm a guy. She's bisexual for fucks sake, everyone is now, why is this so popular?

Also all of the people who follow 4000 people and automatically get about 1000 back so their reviews get an easy 10 likes each just because they have no shame.

Who cares

Don't follow them

Letterboxd is a self selecting site, you choose who you follow and who appears on your activity feed. Follow people that you like and who are good

yea, I understand your frustration, but the short off topic reviews are way less annoying than the really long film 101 essays that are just the user blowing themselves and making bad to mediocre points

If you don't like long reviews

guess what

don't follow people that make long reviews wow

I don't choose who the people I follow like, which appears on my home page. Also the sight becoming so progressive is not conducive to a healthy, non-bias film discussion. Before, the website was apolitical and what was most important were the texts. Now I genuinely hesitate writing on controversial or right-leaning movies or even reviewing them positively because contemporary liberals value the message behind an artwork before the artwork itself.

I would love to see a graph of the score over time for movies like Birth of a Nation or Triumph of the Will because now it's impossible to talk about either positively without being bombarded with hate.

are you both saying that a girl who "found this website in august of 2016" gaining 500 followers in that time from 1 sentence joke reviews isn't complete cancer?

How can you even gauge who is a talented writer or a good judge of quality when 500 people on the website follow a profile that is a complete joke?

I just go to the activity page, I'd recommend doing that

she probably is a cancer but idk because I don't follow her so I don't see her reviews

letterboxd.com/Smoothhands/

you wont have this attitude when all of your favourite writers slowly shrink their reviews down, put less effort into their writing, post less often, because they are well aware that the vast majority of the site doesn't care about quality writing, until eventually they're also just a cancerous 1 sentence meme reviewer

Hmm that's not a bad point

I'm just talking from experience, since my profile has stagnated at 200 followers and I see what the community puts on a pedestal I really can't be arsed to put the effort in anymore.

Agreed. But I've been on LB for over 3 years now amd this tumbrl shit is pretty recent. These people wont be on LB for that long so I'll keep using LB, they'll eventually go away.

What cut of Army of Darkness did you see? If you don't know, just say how your cut ended.

theatrical

Thats the version that I prefer. If you are at all interested you should check out the original ending.

youtube.com/watch?v=j42eaiLdBTY

yeah I've been on for around the same time, I hope you're right, but joke reviewers have been around ever since the site went public

>check PTP's (PassThePopcorn) Top 10 of the day
>nothing new out
baka

yeah ive seen it before i prefer the theatrical as well

oh yeah all those sexist dude bros jerking off over 8½

all the women totally make the movie
but maybe it's there bc it's baby's first foreign/italian film

Weird since it seems like girls love Fellini
That's Bicycle Thieves.

Look at this cuck

letterboxd.com/AnvilVapre/

damn what a cuck

What's with Italians and cuckolding?

>51
I think it's Europeans in general

I just had a look at one of his American works there, cloak and dagger, I prefer metropolis, M, der mude tod and nibelung to it, largely for visual appeal, but cloak and dagger is enormously sillily entertaining as a suspenseful guilty pleasure even if the love story bit is tacked on.
That short I logged, pit, the pendulum and hope is one of the better short films worth looking into. As much as I got a kick out of Rodger Corman's version and enjoyed that it built on and developed upon the original story, that Czech short was oozing with mood, the first person perspective makes the scenes with the swinging blade more uncomfortable.
Rocco and his brothers is a tense, engrossing and well characterized melodrama and Europa 51 had some emotionally engaging moments, the Italian Neo-realist movement is far more emotionally rewarding than the italian new wave stuff to me.

I would permit Marcello Mastrionani to do unspeakable things to me in the dead of night.

While we're at it Kuroneko and shura an be added in there.
The trick with Bresson is to stay away from his post 60s work and stick with the earlier stuff.

Has anyone on here actually seen closely observed trains or any Czech new wave films?

disagree! l'argent is one of his best

>The trick with Bresson is to stay away from his post 60s work and stick with the earlier stuff.
Jesus, the things you hear in this place. The age of embryos is full on

Bresson never made a bad film

I mean everything after 1969 is kind of disappointing, not awful.
Hey, I love plenty of his films Mouchette, Man escaped, country priest , balthasar , joan of arc emotionally destroyed me.

But I mean maybe I've been a bit unfair here, I thought Lancelot and L'argent were only okay at best, I'd be open to trying again with others in his later work. Its just I've been scared off his five nights of a dreamer because I' worried it won't be as good as Visconti's version.

I couldn't get past the actress in that/whoever told her to act like a 10 year old (White Nights I mean) so I'm excited for Bresson's version.

Also as far as I know the available copy of Bresson's version is in very very low vhs quality =<
I can try devil probably.

Knew I was forgetting to get round to something. Just took a look at the trailer for 45 years, I wish that more romance themed films these days focused on old people. I hate all of this teenbopper shit.

>this guy

PROTECT YOUR GRANNIES!!

yes, everyone here has you fag

Closely Watched Trains, Valerie, and Daisies are like the three Czech films that everyone has seen.

>everyone
Yes, these are the three most popular titles, but taking numbers out of my ass but believing in them very much, 99% of Cred Forums has never seen them or anything of the sort.
Things might be better on /lbg/, but not as much as 'everyone' would indicate. No good use in overrating the reality of the land.

Just put a rating on a new movie that no one has seen or rated yet (but is out on torrent sites). Never seen that before.

Go to the page and see if it shows up pls.

works