GOAT extra terrestrial design coming through

GOAT extra terrestrial design coming through.

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20080612062041/http://www.bowdoin.edu/~dbensen/Spec/Index.html
youtube.com/watch?v=zHzPEpHYtXQ
vimeo.com/57148705
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

they were robots.

This.

Can we talk about how Brian Cox thinks that all the ayys killed themselves before they became advanced to find us in this thread?

Doesn't make a difference.

they were aliens

How do their necks support their heads?

their origins were from earth, they are not extra terrestrial, but terrestrial.

is Neil armstrong an alien now?

Steel beams

optical fiber

best design coming though

If by aliens you mean robots made on earth then sure.

>extra terrestrial

Dude, they were demons.

>"aliens"
>pinhead dinosaurs

I fail to see how that resembles a dinosaur at all

Exactly.

What are these from?

out of this world baby!

No

Expedition, by Wayne Barlowe.

Why do they have a chin shape if they dont have a mouth.

FOr that matter, why even have a front or back, why not evolve/create joints to move both directions, visual could evolve to be 360 degrees.

Pointless shit..

They're robots made up nanobots, that is just a form they have chosen to honor their creators.

Because they are artificial beings, i.e. they can look like whatever the fuck they want?

Yeah I guess.

the "living sea" was the most interesting part to me

Would be something unlike anything we have on earth, even if it were carbon based.

>there must be more to life

really makes you think

Where is it suggested the AI aliens are robots? It's been years since i saw the film.

Its outright stated.

When the film first came out, it was assumed that the beings seen after David and Teddy have been frozen were aliens. They are actually future mechas that have evolved to their current state and appearance, seeming to fulfill Gigolo Joe's words that when the end came, mechas would still survive after human beings had died out ("They made us too smart, too quick, and too many. We are suffering for the mistakes they made because when the end comes, all that will be left is us."). This becomes obvious when watching the film a second time, since the voice of the chief mecha is the same voice in the beginning - the actor Ben Kingsley.

The future mechas, much like human beings, are in a search for information regarding their past, which is why David is such a perfect specimen for them to find, given he lived among humans and his mind is filled with their interactions.

Yeah, that was quite a novel idea.

So it's just implied based on earlier? Fair enough.

GOAT bait design coming through

>one of it's core themes
>only implied

>le bait meme

But they do outright state they are machines.

Oh so the robots were jews?

REALLY digging all these cool illustrations. Thanks Anons.

Robots probably isn't the right word. They were just the future of life on earth. Non-biological life. Biological intelligence can only go so far, it's very limited.

Sad!

*tips m'lady*

I actually liked how the Battle Los Angeles ayyy lmaos tried to look otherworldly/non-conventional humanoid.

One more just for you.

was refreshing to see benevolent AIs and not the usual genocidal type.

I guess its a spoiler because the movie makes you guess if it will become evil or not but a movie that also did this is _____Moon______

NO!, post stuff like the other guy did

noice

so this is the power of autism

I enjoyed his work in Jabba's Palace

What if humanity spread out into the universe, and made some robots, and then died, and then the robots developed into sapient beings and came back to Earth. Would they be aliens then?

Ayy lmao

there was an alternate history website that detailed the ecology of a bunch of weirdo animals who descended from the dinosaurs that never died out from the meteor but I can't find it, it would fit the thread real good

>spread out into the universe, and made some robots
they are not from earth so yes

There you go:
web.archive.org/web/20080612062041/http://www.bowdoin.edu/~dbensen/Spec/Index.html

>don't invade my or my son's planet ever again

Interstellar aliens would have abandoned their biological bodies for silicon based ones long before they go around in big space ships.

Any movie or show depicting aliens as having biological bodies and needs such as food, sleep, dying of disease and age are just flat out false.

yeah that's the one thanks!

>some pictures are gone
:(

Thought I recognized this from Discovery Channel
youtube.com/watch?v=zHzPEpHYtXQ

This design doesn't make any fucking sense. Why would an organism with an abnormally large head develop such a thin neck that would be unable to fully support the skull?

sauce?

I remeber this in my grade school library

See
Same guy who made this:
That is a loose adaptation of the book. Pretty good, though.

Any more of these?

Red rocket

Just think, if this were filmed today we would get a little scene explaining how these things evolved from ETs race, they might even have the Jaws shark on board their space ship.
We could later figure out how all the poltergeist events were caused by a rouge alien. The Spielberg shared universe could lead up to a final confrontation or meeting with them.

>this post

>Robots from earth
>Ayy lmaos
Im not even going to read the thread but i assume some shithead also posted the ayys from signs.

your mom's a robot

This was a lot cooler when I was a kid :(

Not necessarily. Theres something to be said for convergent evolution.

Same guy that did barlowe's guide to extra terrestrials and monsters?

As much as the concept is really cool, I don't think megafauna this large is really possible with those kind of joints. Creatures would need enormously thick, dense stable lower body for that size and weight, low atmospheric pressure & very deliberate safe movement.

This guy flies down, lands in your ocean and slaps your girlfriends ass.

What do you do?

cry

That's true, within our singular tree of life, it makes sense that there's finite re-arrangements of carbon molecule, so there's a finite number of adaptions, particularly within a certain set of environmental conditions so eventually you'd see emergence of similar traits in unrelated species. It could be also true but completely different within other trees of life, other environmental conditions and other molecular bases ie silicone or even non-organic life, apropos something biosynthetic like the reapers in mass effect.

>hnnnng
So much better than the stupid fucking ayys in the Spielberg war of the worlds.

>Get a little boy AI to fill an empty part in my heart
>Want to get the full experience out of him
>Touch my little Haley Joel Osment robot inappropriately
>He starts screaming really loud
>fuck it's loud
>really fucking loud
>My fingers are stuck

Based Henson creature shop.

Imagine working there. Literally bringing your imagination to life, would be incredible

They were robot aliens

I'm getting real sick and tired of skinny lanklet aliens

This. Bring out the bulls.

A lot of higher animal life on earth is stuck with some fundemental similarities from our genetic past. The easiest example are limbs. We have a humerous, then the radius and ulna, then the tiny wrist bones, and eventually the digits. Most terrestrial higher animals all have this basic plan because we have a common ancestor, an amphibious fish thing that had those basic morphology in its little flippers. This extends to things like bilateral symmetry and number of limbs, enchephalization, and arrangement of internal organs. Structures change over the eons and process of speciazation, but were locked into the basic format.

Ayys on another planet could be much different because the progenitor species or species had different floor plans. That being said things like means of locomotion are pretty well established. Meaning "legs" are the best way to achieve terrestrial locomotion biologically. The form of a fish is defined by hydrodynamics. And so on. There are some constants you see over and over again on earth that developed independently time and time again - like eyes, or rigid structural support in terrestrial creatures, that could lead one to make some general guidelines for how life would look on other earth like planets.

Once you get into transhuman/post singularity life forms all bets are off.

Why don't any of the alien designs posted have fur or hair?

Why are aliens always depicted as having leathery, rubbery skin?

More work for the CGI guy

theyre weak against jetfuel, we know how to destroy them

>spielberg fucking up the script this bad, making it a kiddie movie
>still has GOAT scenes
I just wanted Kubrick to live for 5 more years ;_;

Kubrick was the one who told spielberg it was better suited for him.

that's what spielberg said after kubrick's death, marketing his own movie
fact wise, Kubrick got on set and died a bunch of weeks later, he started the casting etc processes and had a thought out R rated script

Are these taking the piss out of Barlowe?

star trek and stargate did a bit of this, I think the downside would the lack of variation.

like you said, those universe rely on the basis that civilisations develop FTL travel before ''trans-humanism''.

If you want to, user. Go on...

Is that a fucking BETA

space is really that big and FTL travel is technically impossible, we're just hoping we can figure something out, the races of the universe might be trapped around their relative stars.

it does remind me of a 90's outer limit episodes where a student invents cold fusion or something and nearly blows up the world b/c he realises it will happen eventually. he's stopped but the episode ends with another student somewhere else making the same discovery. the sad truth is that it only takes a few mad people to end it all.

Lmao

They were alien robots from the future of an parallel universe send to collect child robots for pedos.

>implying

he's a tall human with a cool head

Until one of them falls over and their neck breaks in three different places.

Their necks are made from boners harvested from human cattle.

>Interstellar aliens would have abandoned their biological bodies for silicon based ones
Why?

Sleeping, eating, getting sick, dying and so on is a huge waste of time

ive just looked up the 'grey goo' scenario.
It's one outcome but perhaps there could be a rule against a certain level of AI.
maybe there could be a story where aliens decide to wipe us out when come close to the singularity or something.
now this is sounding like the day the earth stood still.

>see these whacky alien images
>finally understand why everyone always draws aliens as humanoid ish
If aliens looked like this we'd have to exterminate them.

WE VUX NOW.

Mathmatical Formula

They were robot aliens

Who's my nigga over there at 24?

This hasn't been posted yet.

Ye that movie is my guilty pleasure

they remind me of these goofballs

that and in fiction we like to use aliens as a representation/exaggeration of human cultures.

like elves or Dwarves in fantasy.

This triggers the Cred Forums

looks too reddit imho

Out of the way faggots

Still the best.

The implication is a very low surface gravity

Goat.

One of my favorites

vimeo.com/57148705

what's good reddit?

Reddit? I found that years ago in Stumble upon.

i hate that doctor claw voice

I use to have this book
Should get another copy

Spot the design flaw.

That's what happens when G-d isn't involved

That sad ending though

I remember this documentary.

no, just robots.

Thats just fucking shit.
That flimsy weak neck holding up the head with usually is the important body part in humanoids
Also the fuck are they made off, marble?

It's shit. And you're shit for liking it.

almost all of this look like shit
only the centaur makes any sense

Maybe their home planet has very weak gravity

first comment best comment

OP confirmed for a retard

real aliens arent going to be humonoid at all

they're gonna be entirely fucking bizzare and there wont really be any way to compare any part of their body to ours

Yeah. It's getting a sequel though

(You)

they're robots that transfer thought through hands and use their heads as screens, I doubt they have a humanoid biology.

I hear it's about 9,81m/s^2

Gravity dosnt matter in this case, if its a humanoid we can guess it has a brain or a centralized nervous system and some form of a spine be it made out of bone or purely surrounded by muscle tissue alone
A nervous system being the most important part of a body for its continuous survival and management would require the most protection

This is why you see most small mammals with no neck at all, just one huge body ass flowing form the torso, and bigger ones ether protect it with huge shoulders like apes or we do or with increased stability and limited mobility of the entire body like horses do or even the ancient dinosaurs that dominated the planet due to their increased reach to food sources.
Ironically giraffes use their heads and necks to fight each other, which really dosnt end well for them, its hilarious to think they didnt go extinct yet.
So in this the increased risk comes with huge advantage, where an species balances the line between increased chances of damage to their necks and additional ways of gathering food.

No mater how weird or alien an organism will be it will have a some sort if nervous system to menage and communicate between its cells, and even single cell one will need it as as soon as it gets too big randomly floating information in a cell mass will never reach its goal. Imagine a football size single cell where the information tries to get from one end to another by purely running alongside its whole surface, that thing would not live fast enough to evolve past being microscopic spot on the ground.
A digestive system to produce energy even if its powered by nuclear fusion and a circulatory system.

Unless its body shape is just random and its nervous system is equally distributed among the entire body like this guy says. Then you have to ask why would such a weird unoptimal creature ever evolve or if it has the capability, want to look that way.

No matter how you look at it, it does not look right.

How many aliens have you met?

Thank you. I find that design is more unnerving than I should.

most animals, including humans, are filled with 'design' flaws

>implying robots from over 1000 years in the future (1000 years after the already far future of A.I.) havent' come up with stronger materials than bone to make their bodies out of

Do you have the imaginative capacity of a hamster? And they're not made of marble they're semi opaque and appear to be made entirely out of material that mimics the look of brain cells making synapse connections. I like to think their body is basically one giant brain-like computer rather than a central computer controlling a bunch of spindly limbs to support it.

This is the way I see it, firstly they're not fucking aliens. This is stated in the film and supported by their appearance.

Second, like you're assuming there's no more to their design than what is visually presented, as in, you are implying there is 0 logical reason they have skinny necks 0 logical reason they are humanoid etc. My response is to assume there are infact reasons they look the way they do. The main reason obviously is to look cool, no doubt, but in the universe they are presented you must assume there are specific reasons for their design.

I like to think that as they are future machines, based originally off of their human creators, their shape might be a sort of homage to the aesthetic aspirations of what was considered "beautiful" to humans, long slender, elegant etc but they maintain a distinct look that is all their own. They do not live in a world with war or any real danger to themselves so they don't need to be bulky and protect their necks, infact they probably dont' have to worry about accidents such as falling or anything of that sort. They're probably made out of strong futuristic materials that can protect them from most incidents and even if one were to die, that might not be a real tragedy, maybe the lines between being an individual and a collective have been blurred in their future robo civilization. Who fucking knows? It bugs me when people critique things like this in movies without an ounce of creative thought tied to their arguments.

>I like to think that as they are future machines, based originally off of their human creators, their shape might be a sort of homage to the aesthetic aspirations of what was considered "beautiful" to humans, long slender, elegant etc but they maintain a distinct look that is all their own. They do not live in a world with war or any real danger to themselves so they don't need to be bulky and protect their necks, infact they probably dont' have to worry about accidents such as falling or anything of that sort. They're probably made out of strong futuristic materials that can protect them from most incidents and even if one were to die, that might not be a real tragedy, maybe the lines between being an individual and a collective have been blurred in their future robo civilization. Who fucking knows? It bugs me when people critique things like this in movies without an ounce of creative thought tied to their arguments.

Sorry man, but a believable alien has to balance a line between organic and the divine.
Sure, a purely energy based creature living in a gas giant atmosphere filled to brim with matter needed to sustain its existence could take any form it liked, but thats assuming there is no ecosystem to that planet and it fully dominates its environment.
You are doing the same assumption here, that this creature is so dominant it has no need to look for food or even compete with other organisms, in this case living on earth. Even humans, if we all lost our hands in some freak bizarre cosmic event, we would go extinct in weeks even with all our fancy technology and cars eaten by arts and crows.

I find making aliens into gods extremely lazy, and only well designed aliens are organic ones if you ask me. They have to make sense, they have to make sense taking into account the world of their origin and make sense with our understanding of physics governing this world.

Oh look, there's an Elder Thing.

Also as an artfag and someone who works in construction it strikes me as insulting that people would take so little pride or effort into the thought they put behind a design, When i design an alien creature i try to think of both its muscular and bone structure, of it has no bones then weight distribution, problem flow to natural body curvature and even the rest and detail regions of an appealing design.

Regardless i dont like it the thin neck design, it looks awkward and unnatural.

>unnatural.
Almost Artificial? What was that movie's name again?

He included a Gug too, even though it isn't exactly an "extraterrestrial".

Fuck off leafy

Artificial dosnt man illogical. A car or a plane is man made and yet it has to fit our understanding of the natural world.

And yeah, the movie was called "S-f is dead, Spielberg went senile.

idk, planes look pretty darn artificial to me. definitely nothing natural about them.

this gif doesn't do it justice

Oh?
When i look at a plane from below i see no much different than a bird.

Fed by fuel digested in its engine, flies around controlled by its head and kept afloat by its wings.
Still, plane cant procreate, cant repair itself, cant survive, its doomed to break down and be forgotten.
It does not fit the criteria of the word "alive".

And alien "life" is what matters here, nobody will care for a rock on Mars, what we want to find is alien life.

Their heads are actually floating up. Their necks is what keeps them attached to their bodies.

we're not talking about alien life.
We're talking about earth robots.

>shin megami tensei 5 monsters

No we are not.
It was a shitty movie and nobody cares about it.
I was talking alien design, or organic design.

Anybody can make a statue looking like 50 dicks combined, dosnt mean that thing would be anything other than a joke.
The fuck will that prove?
Man, this is a waste of words.

>sad
that's what you get for restricting ai

Why/how was that guy from the beginning there at the end and where did he go after talking to HJO?

have you got the seasons greetings one?

nm found it

no fucking eyes

An alien made of guns thay drops bombs made of guns?

can't believe no one has posted the mimics from edge of tomorrow. best alien design in years.

God tier design wasted

I can't hate this film because if this. They put a great deal of work into the aliens.

>dude transformers lmao

ayyyyy

Literally wtf does that even mean?

>All these posts
>Not one mention of xenomophs
Does Cred Forums hate them that much?

>SNES logo for a face

Based af

Used to hangout in the school library afterschool to look up Xenomorphs and read about he M14A Pulse Rifle. Good times.

Based visionaries of Near-Future concept art:
>James Cameron
>Whoever did all the artwork for Halo
>Neil Blomkamp

These guys are like the Holy Trinity of Near-Future technology and warfare. James Cameron laid the groundwork, those guys over at Bungie who designed the UNSC built upon what James Cameron had, and Neil Blomkamp is making it mainstream again.

Very good stuff.

Probably the most realistic design desu.

ROBOTS YOU DUMB NIGGER

I've seen A.I. 10s of times and never have I seen these things.

these aliens were cool and shit at the same time

they looks a bit like the new transformers when they move... and they also were too spastic, you can never see them clearly in the movie.

If I remember the "documentary" correctly, the fact that it's bio luminescent in a fucking savanna.

it's got an AT field!

Name some animals with holes/closed loops/handles. It might look cool and alien but its dumb as hell biologically.

Every fish

I can't think of a single one.

Gills. In the "documentary", those "holes" served a function, they were used to compress air and push it backward, providing trust. Fish use gills to breath and filter water. Some whales, mammals, also do a similar thing with their mouth to filter plankton.

You're comparing gills to those gaping holes begging to get snagged on a tree or predatory claw? Come on now. Look at that shit! Gills are a beautiful piece of bio engineering.

No, I'm comparing gills to holes/closed loops/handles. Which they are. That's what you initially asked.

they reminded me of fireworks snakes

smug, elitist, full of itself

my favorite

I was trying to describe the design flaw. A gaping hole or exposed tendon on the neck is a massive structural weakness.The closest I've seen is a malformed antler.

Using the same hole to breath and to eat is also a massive design flaw.

Nature begs to differ.

Thousands of choking people every year is evidence that it's fucking retarded.

Yet nothing has a gaping exposed hole or sealed gap without at least a thin membrane covering it.

the difference is that gills have an actual purpose, and a hole in the center of the body does not

ywn evolve turboprops

>it's an 'user thinks humans/other intelligent life will abandon all emotion and start behaving like AI' episode

Organic/cybernetic modification to extend life and negate disease/bodily failure? Sure. But only a small number of mentally abnormal individuals would want to abandon sleeping, eating and sex, let alone the human body entirely.

The day humans willingly stop being humans is the day humanity becomes a cuck race.

that's not nature's fault people are dumbasses