Childhood is idolizing Guts, adulthood is realizing that Griffith makes more sense

Childhood is idolizing Guts, adulthood is realizing that Griffith makes more sense...

>Just die user

>Griffith wants his castle at the expense of the entire world
>Guts wants revenge at the expense of his own life and come to think of it, all his "friends" life
Neither make sense user.

>>Guts wants revenge at the expense of his own life and come to think of it, all his "friends" life

He was content to fight alone and told them to fuck off at every opportunity, only later did he refocus his attention to curing Casca as a priority over killing Griffith.

fuck off weeb

He wants to cure Casca, ok. But he's weak nonetheless and abandoned her and the entire Band of the Hawk previous to that.
Obviously neither make rational decisions or "make sense" (which is kind of stupid to say, really) but that's why they're both loveable heroes, because they're really tragic ones.

>But he's weak nonetheless and abandoned her and the entire Band of the Hawk previous to that

Because wanted to find his own way and not be another Griffiths puppet. You have to be a pretty strong person to say no to a person like Griffith.

>But he's weak nonetheless and abandoned her and the entire Band of the Hawk previous to that.

Have a (You).

Daily reminder that Griffith did literally nothing wrong.

Yeah I read it too fast, and when I was writing this I didn't remember exactly why he left. But my point about the fact they're both as tragic and neither make sense still stands!

They're not rational decisions but they do make sense.

Both Griffith and Gutts are human, they can be selfish and are easily lead by their emotions. It's why they're both good characters.

Yeah they make sense.
>It's why they're both good characters
Don't tell me we're agreeing on something, that would be a first. I wonder if it's even permitted in such a hellish place.

Griffith is a manchild.

I'm not saying Griffith is a good guy, but people are always painting him as 'le evil evil-man', and I think that rely undermines his character development.

The Band of the Hawk were a bunch of rapist and ruffians anyways

He literally did nothing wrong

So did Casca get her mind back yet or what?
I stopped reading the manga just before they get to the island

>it's okay to sacrifice your underlings to an abstract personification of evil to become a demon because your underlings killed people because you told them to

Schierke and Farnese ventured into Casca's mind to cure her but were confronted by the dreaded HIATUS

FUUUUUUUCK

The latest chapter is going to be the last for me. Fuck this shit

>adulthood is when you stop watching anime
>adulthood is when you stop posting on Cred Forums
>adulthood is when you stop spewing memes

Pick whichever you want.

If you read the newest chapter you would know that Guts doesn't care about Griffith anymore, he just wants to cure Casca and live in peace.

He has wanted this for a long time now and was quite unable to achieve it, so what's your point?

Hello.

>being polite is being from Reddit
Fuck off

>that bit where Guts overhears Griffith explaining that he could never really consider someone who just blindly followed him his friend
>Guts overpowering him and becoming independent so they could be friends drives Griffith insane and he fucks up everything

Who was in the right?

He's a force of nature. Gods can do no wrong.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to be your own person, striving to fulfill your own dream.
There's something wrong with going insane when a person you don't even consider your friend leaves you.

But Guts followed Griffith because Griffith showed particular attention to him, and viewed him as a friend. Griffith has just been devastated by Guts leaving right?

What is Guts thinking letting Casca get her memories back? She will be damaged in the head due to the eclipse and how does he not see that. Casca turns to shit once her PMS kicked in and that sudden "love" with Guts.

Childhood is reading berserk, adulthood is not.

Guts was more than a friend though, Griffith loved him.

You may not agree with his decision, but it's dismissive to claim that there isn't sound reasoning behind Griffith sacrificing the Band of the Hawk.

That whole Eclipse sequence with Ubrik taking Griffith on a guided tour of his heart and mind is extremely important. It's where Griffith is soul-searching and deliberating on the pros and cons of the choice laid before him and explains in full why he concludes that it makes more sense to sacrifice his friends.

His rationale for doing it is basically a combination of the following arguments: (i) These people are my loyal followers who regularly risk their lives for my dream. They've already pledged themselves to potentially die on my behalf. Is it really any different asking them to sacrifice their lives for me now as opposed to asking them to lay down their lives on some battlefield? (ii) What did all the people who have already died for the sake of my dream give their lives for if I abandon it now? (iii) What does it say about me and my resolve to have claimed that I lived my life solely for the sake of this dream only to be willing to toss it aside based on principle? It was the singular purpose of my life. It was me. Was it always something that cheap? Was I? (iv) What will my life be if I quit here? Living out the rest of my days as a mute invalid and fading into obscurity while lamenting the glory days? Being burden and a pet to Casca while Guts is somewhere out there living his dream while I decay in the ashes of mine?

Like literally everything else in the world it boiled down to "what I want vs. what others want" and he reasoned that other people's wants are no more important than his own. I don't necessarily agree with it, but it does make sense.

>Berserk is a gorefest with swords they said
>ok, watching it
>Goddamn Robin Hood + ancient prophesy generic senpai notice me anime #93858 in medieval world
Never been so enraged by animation.

>15 years have gone by since I first started berserk

That's probably it.

except sacrifice everyone and everything that loved and respected him.

They are both retards in my book, gutts is just the cooler one and he has a more bitching armor.
Also Griffin lets himself get fucked in the ass willingly to get ahead, hes a glorified prostitute.

Childhood is liking anime, adulthood is realising its garbage

Well Griffith became god basically right? Even though the world turned to shit he resurrected himself and went about fixing a lot of the shit by making falconia and merging the worlds. I think as the story goes on we will see it be where Griffith looks like the good guy while Guts is that evil black swordsman. Then guts kills Griffith and everything turns to shit again and we have to ask. Was it worth it?

Griffith sacrificed the Band of the Hawk because he was always destined to.

Childhood is idolizing 2D animation, adulthood is realizing that CGI makes more sense...

Solid post.

>tripfag
>ever watching berserk as an anime and not in the glorious manga form
>being you

pleb: 3d anime
fedora: manga
patrician: 2d anime

Find a single contradiction.

Manga > anything else.

Everytime.

I have read the manga.

>Guts
>Griffith
>None of these weebs realise who the TRUE protagonist of this story is

Cred Forums - manga and memes

The original anime had really imperfect animation though. The new version is at least as good, maybe even better in terms of animation. It's just that it's being judged through (1) the meme of CGI sucking by default (2) the nostalgia towards the 90s series.

Then this shit is made completely invalid by him raping casca because GUTz I h8 U now!