Have you seen this new movie Cred Forums?

I watched Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Tim Burton last night and damn was it way better than I expected. The reviews should be much better. Am I wrong Cred Forums? It was awesome right?

I liked it.

>MFW SEE NIPPLES THROUGH EMMA'S WET SHIRT

>HNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG

I stopped watching Tim Burton movies decades ago

bump, i want more opinions

The biggest fan of Tim Burton I know who even enjoyed both Alice films said this was garbage.

Has anyone actually seen this movie?
RLM passed over it.

Honestly, I was sort of on an afterglow of an acid trip when I watched it, but I was on the edge of my seat for a great duration of the movie.

Eva Green was great in every second of her screen time.
CGI and visuals were decent.
Everything else was shit. I think they merged bits and pieces from three books into the one film and it showed.

I think with good reason.
Its just XMen but with a Tim Burton SO QUIRKY veneer.

Should I read the books? And yes, she was my favorite too. Very cool character. She's cute as well

Eh, the official music video was pretty good.
Maybe I just went too hyped for the movie.
Also, Tim Burton throws all subtlety out the window in this. Was it always like that? I really love his old stuff.

>Its just XMen
Now that you mention it I'm surprised Singer didn't try to cast Asa Butterfield for a mutant, he's tall, pale, black haired and blue eyed thats pretty much everything he looks for in a guy.

Maybe he doesn't put out.

Yeah I went to see it with my mom in 3D and I was like shiiiiiit

redhead was hot as hell two

Because Kodi-Smit McPhee already exists and looks even more ayyy than Butterfield.

yessssssssssssssss

i actually cried at the end bc
>tfw no gf

The first half is really engaging and interesting but the second the vilain start showing up it takes a nosedive

None of the vilains fucking try, at some point one bitch jump up a pillar while one other guy is fighting the kids. For a good 10 minute you dont see her again, only for the camera to pan up and reveal she's still up the pillar not doing anything, in the exact same pose as earlier

Samuel L Jackson also had 8201937 opportunities to kill everyone but somehow never does it

>Tim Burton throws all subtlety out the window in this.
Also noticed this. The entire first part before they travel to Wales was especially an overacted, overdone mess, from the typical mean popular kids encounter spouting hopelessly generic lines to the SPOOKY visit to his grandfather's where suddenly it was NIGHT TIME with BLUE MOONLIGHT and SHADOWS !!!1! All the characters (with exception of Miss Peregrine, due to some nuanced acting) were flat and uninteresting as fuck. I think it must be because of the children-teenager demographic.

>Samuel L Jackson also had 8201937 opportunities to kill everyone but somehow never does it

they didn't say "what" again

>where suddenly it was NIGHT TIME with BLUE MOONLIGHT and SHADOWS
This is just expected, that's just his style. I meant in some of the prolonged deaths and eye eating. It just felt too on the nose.

clever...