So can we actually make a Jurassic Park someday if we find Dinosaur DNA someday?

So can we actually make a Jurassic Park someday if we find Dinosaur DNA someday?

How big are the chances for this to happen?

I heard crocodiles and beards are dinosairs, just take that and make it a dinosaur!!

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2015/05/12/science/reverse-engineering-birds-beaks-into-dinosaur-bones.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nix_v._Hedden
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's inevitable.

Even if we do, there is no way the government will let anybody make a park.

They will hide it from us.

>crocodiles and beards

>beards

>Last year, researchers estimated that the half-life of DNA — the point at which half the bonds in a DNA molecule backbone would be broken — is 521 years. That means that, under ideal conditions, DNA would last about 6.8 million years, after which all the bonds would be broken

Good thing the planet is only a couple of thousand years old then.

Dinosaurs DNA is inside chickens.
I'm not memeing, it's proven by a bunch of scientists.

Maybe in 10 years we have actual dinosaurs but they will look like giant chickens.

There has never been a proof that T-Rex didn't have feather

Wait, so I have a dinosaur growing out of my face?

Do those ideal conditions include it (DNA) being sealed in a contaminant free environment like amber or frozen.

crocodiles are not even close to a T-Rex or Raptor.

Both the raptor and t-rex are the grandparents of today's chickens.

Why do Dinosaurs entertain us so much?

Cuz they're big guys

Because they're long extinct creatures that nothing alive today even comes close to. The biggest predator around today (or among the biggest) is the grizzly bear, and they're about 8 feet tall. The T-Rex and even smaller therapods were much larger.

holy shit a big feathered chicken with long pointy teeth

We will never build a dinosaur from dinosaur DNA, 0% chances of that.

But there is 100% chances of program DNA to build something that looks and behaves to what we think or would like to think dinos did. In other words, we can build something more entertaining: a Jurassic Park exactly like in the movie.

Kek, dino DNA has never been recovered in complete form, and even if it was partial and you managed to fill it in you'd create an abomination.

Half life on that shit is like 1 million years. We're better off trying to clone animals that actually exist.

>you'd create an abomination.

That's the idea!

China will do it who cares

changing the subject:
POST RARE DINOSAUR THAT HAS NEVER BEEN IN ANY MOVIE

According to scientists the T-Rex was not a Predator.

Jurassic movies are a lie

Not a dinosaur but it's beastly as fuck. It looks like an outlandish alien

>there is 100% chances of program DNA to build something that looks and behaves to what we think or would like to think dinos did

as long as it looks cool like the movies I will pay for it.

is this image for real

Maybe a scavenger but with those compers that fucker isn't eating plants, that's for sure.

The easiest way would be to take a reptile animal and make a big size version of it and put in in a zoo.

what, did the t-rex evolve into this? Wasnt there a theory that says the tyrannosaurus was a scavenger? Evolving into this ugly thing would make sense

why would it need such a big and strong mouth? Why would it need to be so big? Real scavengers dont need any of which the t-rex had

Apparently yes

>implying there isn't one already hidden underground

oh, i just saw that this thing is much older

no, it's a therapsid. It predated the dinosaurs basically

I always wonder why they never put any of those with feather in the jurassic movies.

dinosaurs are chickens,

just biotechnically make giant scary chickens and you got your Jurassic Park.

There are multiple theories on T-Rex's behavior. Not all paleontologists agree on one theory. Jake Horner himself has changed his views on this subject before.

It would collapse under its own weight

just came here to post my favorite dinosaur.

"dinosaur"

There was a show that I watched where it took a chunk out of some other dinos spine while it was alive.

I would actually be down with it if these type of dinos appear in Jurassic World 2.

I'm really tired of the same fucking dinosaurs everytime.

Cassowaries seem to be basically dinosaurs

Filename. Fuck my sides.

ITT: Suggest new Dinos for Jurassic World 2.

I want to call that a WangChungosaurus

JUST
U
S
T

>I heard crocodiles and beards are dinosairs
>beards are dinosairs

chinese dinosaur is superior.

that looks goofy as fuck

>Beards

No, it's impossible. The DNA molecule only has a life span of around 50,000 years.

We could for instance clone Mammoths or Neanderthals, and even their DNA would be hard to piece together since it's damaged, but Dinosaur DNA is Millions of years beyond it's experation date, it's gone.

I don't get it, how does the filename relate to the frase.

Can we make it without dino DNA?

>the technology for it will be chinese
>the safety standards will be chinese

Dear god it's going to be real

According to Stephen Jay Gould,it is impossible

Based Chinese turning dreams into reality

Half life on DNA is way less than 1 million years

>First, the scientists extracted and measured the amount of DNA in 158 tibiotarsus leg bones of extinct moa, 12-foot, flightless birds that once roamed New Zealand. Next, they used radiocarbon dating to calculate the ages of the bones, which ranged from about 650 years old to 7,000 years old. With that data, the scientists calculated the hereditary molecule's half-life: about 521 years.

>521 years

Like if you are super lucky you could find DNA from several sources and piece together Neanderthal DNA (Which is already being done), but Dinosaur, good fucking luck with that.

Stephen Jay Gould needs to shut up!!!

No, decay rates of atoms do not depend on the temperature they are at. This is mainly because no matter how cold an atom gets it wil continue to be moving and losing energy (unless it's at absolute zero, which has not been possible in lab settings so it's likely not possible on Earth because even the worst ice age ever is not that cold). The atoms are going to have the same half-life even if they're in ice.

The atoms are going to decay at the same rate or quicker, so no dinosaurs possible.

I personally can't fucking wait for a couple decades from now when Chinese scientists can actually do crazy shit with cloning and creating the ultimate versions of invasive species that inevitably escape and roam the continent

stop telling me how it's impossible to make dinosaurs.

we already found their bones, what else do you need?!

DNA that isn't degraded beyond repair?

Probably not dinosaurs but maybe mammoths and other prehistoric mammals.
Though with sufficiently advanced technology we could theoretically design any organism we wanted from the ground up. So it might not be a real dinosaur, but we could make something that matches what we think dinosaurs looked like.

Tbh is it moral, to design a creature without a real biological porgenitor, what if that species were to evolve into a species with intelligence on par with ours in millions of years.

They couldn't trace their biological origins anywhere, they could be entirely alien.

>They will hide it from us.
For what purposes would they do it?

why don't we turn humans into dinosaurs?

>(unless it's at absolute zero, which has not been possible in lab settings so it's likely not possible on Earth because even the worst ice age ever is not that cold)
Are you fucking stupid?

The decay rate of the DNA molecule is far too quick for us to recreate a dinosaur from, even if preserved or frozen, as said, HOWEVER
It is entirely within the realms of possibility (if it were to be funded) to reverse engineer modern day descendants of dinosaurs (still technically dinosaurs) - large & small birds, by turning off and on certain genes that develop certain traits ie feathers, fusing of wing tip bones, development of a beak, we can create modern dinosaurs in this way.
These examples have actually been done already, and with emerging gene editing technologies such as the very promising CRISPR, if some eccentric billionaire really wanted to there wouldn't be much to stop them creating rudimentary bird based dinosaurs within a few years. I suppose the hardest part would be understanding and mapping the genes and what each one does.

The jews have been around for a very, very long time m8.

>Tbh is it moral
To create life? That's a deep philosophical question. I don't think their origin is really relevant though. We do it every day regardless, I don't think they'd mind having been created from a greater species

Could you run away from a T-Rex user?

Usain Bolt is faster than a T-rex.

"Ideal conditions" in this case would basically be for the molecule to be the only piece of matter in all of space and time.

I'd eat that

Don't create Dinosaurs,
it will be the end of mankind.

Also it has to have the capability to be invisible.

>and creating the ultimate versions of invasive species that inevitably escape and roam the continent
They will be extinct in a matter of years, unless the goverment would come up with some kind of law against dino killing, but why would they?

In english doc?

PLEASE BRING JEFF GOLDBLUM BACK FOR JURASSIC WORLD 2

Shit is fucked user.

>ywn breed a pseudoraptor companion race for humans

DON'T RUN YOU FOOLS, t-rex can't see moving objects.

But is it possible to bring back to life Jeff Goldblum?

I meant it likely has not happened naturally on Earth, obviously if we did it in lab it would happen on Earth

>tfw this thread brings back my desire from childhood to be paleontologist
What have i done with my life?

Russians already decided to clone a mammoth.

It wouldn't work IRL. Because over millions of years a planet's atmosphere naturally gradually changes in chemistry. So if you cloned a creature that lived 100 million years ago, today's atmosphere would probably kill it.

>thinking we would spare any expense when it comes to the habitat of our glorious monsters

>I heard crocodiles and beards are dinosairs

>DON'T RUN
>t-rex can't see moving objects.

yeah that's true. IIRC there was a lot less oxygen during the time of the dinosaurs. I think the book mentions it, grant makes a theorizes that the dinos are actually struggling with breathing since they breathed less oxygen or some shit

Research

>not using frog DNA to fill in the gaps

You recall incorrectly, the oxygen content during the Mesozoic was much higher than nowadays.

chili and sea bass

Anytime anyone questions my stance on guns this is what I'm going to send them without comment.

But that shit is ALREADY HAPPENING

>nytimes.com/2015/05/12/science/reverse-engineering-birds-beaks-into-dinosaur-bones.html

>Now, in a study published in the journal Evolution, they report that they have found a way to turn the beaks of chicken embryos back into dinosaur-like snouts.

good luck filling in 80% of an unknown genome sequence (billions of lines of code)
You'd just end up with a frog with long legs and 500 tumours that self terminates before birth

>mfw amercan schools don't teach anything about dinosaurs, not even mention they existed at all
Why is america such a backward country? do they not teach evolution as well?

I can guarantee that absolute zero has never been reached anywhere.

So how come the dinos could be as big as they where but nowadays everything is so small. Does atmosphere difference really make that big of a difference?

All about food chain, from the bottom up. Hotter and more carbon dioxide = more and bigger vegetation = more and bigger herbivores = more and bigger carnivores.

Atmosphere had nothing to do with it. Mammals should be bigger since they evolved later, and will inevitably be more effective and intelligent hunters.

you have learned nothing from the Jurassic Park movies.

>All of America is Kansas

Wtf I hate Americans now

>There has never been a proof that T-Rex didn't have feather

Because it can be basically impossible to prove that x didn't exist, if you are working with incomplete data, dummy-

0% chance. DNA doesn't last that long.

Yeah and if it even was real it wouldn't last at all, it would litterally melt you since it is acid

I mean in a literal sense if a lab on Earth was able to achieve it, then it happened "On Earth" but that level of TECHNICAHLLUY causes autism

Good job. You just cloned a frog.

The more interesting idea i heard was trying to express archaic fragments of dna that still exist in modern dinosaur descendents. Essentially reverse engineering a dinosaur from avian DNA.

>it would literally melt you since it's an acid
5/5 bretty good

Also, animals still get bigger.

How is the air up there?

Dude, it breaks the laws of thermodynamics for anything to reach absolute zero. It's not possible for anything anywhere in this universe to reach absolute zero.

How fucking dumb are you?

Wouldn't really matter, since the Synapsid/Diapsid war for amniote dominance is over, Synapsids won.

>Implying the American Civil War was fought primarily about slavery and not the disenfranchisement of Southern states because of the election of a radical president that wasn't even on the ballot in half the states in the nation.
The preservation of slavery is part of the American Civil War, but it's not the cause or even primary cause of it.

Our atmosphere is predominantly nitrogen. They had much higher CO2 and oxygen content in the atmosphere, which meant insects got much bigger, which meant predatory creatures also got much bigger, limited by atmospheric pressure in terms of maximal size, but things still got pretty big

yes, easily, this is dubai's endgame after the oil runs out

>a bigger cassowarie

No thanks

>muh science

This is a Christian board, off to reddit with you.

But tomatoes are fruits since they carry seeds

cassowary is such a fucking reddit bird

>le unique deadly birdy watch its feet lel

snap their neck and roast them you pussies

They prove Christfags wrong.

The point is that the distinction between fruits and vegetables is a purely culinary difference that has many other exceptions.

The notable part of the tomato fruit vs. vegetable dilemma is that it was ostensibly settled by the US Supreme Court.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nix_v._Hedden

I don't live by american law ese so the "supreme" court can shove its settlements up their ancient ass if you catch my drift.

And slavery was on its way out, given that most slaves were economic drains on their owners. They lived and ate for free, requiring owners to pay for slave watchers. And the invention of the cotton gin streamlined the cotton process, reducing the amount of people needed to work cotton

hahaha gottdamn

its actually more probable that we make a Jurassic Park Westworld-style instead of that DNA shit

That theory always sounded contrived. Why is there a scavenger bigger than any other hunter of its respective period. That's a phenomena that never happened in any period of time after that....he will have a really fucking hard time finding corpses satisfying his appetite...which is probably I can't think of a single scavenger being x hueg compared to its contemporary predators.

it's impossible

Name one thing the government succesfully covered up

>The biggest predator around today is the grizzly bear

Wrong

Blue whale is bigger

This. That DNA doesn't just go away. Eventually we will be able to extract the DNA of ancestors from current animals,

>Neanderthal DNA (Which is already being done),
Just take a sample from Baltimore

>someday used twice in one sentence
Wew lad. You'd make a shitty writer.

The blue whale is the largest animal that's ever lived but I think they were on about land dwellers.

>we
Who the fuck are you?

And why can't you use capitalization character?

But seriously, who the fuck are you and why are you saying "we" like your retarded drama or film degree gives you any worthwhile skills in this field?

They didnt teach us about dinos either, History started at cavemen, wtf

africans have the lowest amount of neanderthal dna among humens though

>public school parasites have the nerve to complain about a free education they got on the backs of people who actually worked.

Piss off. You get what you pay for. Just because your retarded poor parents saw the public school system as a glorified baby sitting program doesn't mean you have the right to complain about its quality. Its free for a reason.

also disease

Nigs are a separate brand of the evolutionary tree, even different from the Neaderthals.

They are less advanced than both Humans and Neanderthals.

No he's right

says the neanderthal

Probably not, since you would also need to recreate the proper gut flora or they'd just starve

It doesn't really matter. The reason why animals are not as large today as they were back then is because of competition and the megafauna died out during the last ice age whether due to weather changes, proto-homo sapiens hunters, or a combination of the two. Even now we're pushing most of the megafauna that's left to the brink of extinction. There aren't even 10 species of rhino left and those things used to be the antelope of North America back in the Oligocene.

Does anyone else like to eat broccoli just so you can pretend you are a giant?

For you

But the nigger skull has a bigger brain

your facts are wrong

Even if you were to recover 100% intact DNA, how would you actually create the dinosaur?

There are no artificial wombs (or eggs) and interspecies cloning has never worked even with animals that are similar.

>nothing to see here it's just a jpg

Life, uh, finds a way

In theory I guess, but the complications of working out which bits of DNA needs to be switched off/on would be crazy. You are talking about trying to reverse a biological process which is inherently random (with selected results being more likely to being expressed), which happened over a period of millions of years. I suppose the advantage is you know the intended goal but designing DNA to recreate such a complex organism is well beyond what we can do. We can tinker with small things and I think a few years ago a totally designed single cell bacteria was made.

dawg, we already are giants
just go outside and look for an ant
boom
instant giant

Then why can't you perform well on IQ tests?
Or any tests?
Or academically?

Riddle me that, LaJamalius.

>dinosaurs existed

Man, I didn't think Cred Forums would be so bluepilled

>Blue whale
>Predator
#planktonlivesmatter

>tfw manlets find a way

Because you're so stupid that you don't understand how brains work. Size alone does not contribute to intelligence, the folding of the brain and efficiency does. Whites are always behind Asians in these standardized tests anyways.

It does though. I degrades with time. Even mammoth DNA is badly degraded even though some of them have been conserved in permafrost.

I'm not talking about frozen bodies. I'm talking about things like the DNA of T-Rex living on in chickens for example. The DNA of ancestors living on in their descendants.

OP here,

I didn't expect so many replies on my thread

really glad so many Dinosaur enthusiasts exist.

Who is hyped for Jurassic park 2?

>mfw nobody knows how to make dinosaur.

>We want the Chinese audience

Your best bet for dino DNA is to go out into space and look for an intelligent alien civilization that's been kicking it since the time the dinos were around.
If they sent an expedition to this world, they likely catalogued it, took samples, and stored the biological information on a digital format.
If they're friendly they might give you the info you need to make a dino.

THIS

Why bother with all these DNA and cloning complications when you can just go full West World and make robot Dinos?

Yeah youre right, the park probably already exists.

The only reason anyone would ever do research on dinosaurs is the turn them into military weapons. Problem is that we have nuclear bombs, can gas entire nations, enter the next ice time with a single press of a button, can pit point people in some tiny basement and just nuke them from space etc. Theres no need for dinosaurs anymore. They'd cost billions to breed but wouldnt get shit done.

Is...is this lewd user?

>can gas entire nations, enter the next ice time with a single press of a button, can pit point people in some tiny basement and just nuke them from space etc
Gonna' need some sauce on that, friendo.

>this shit again

Read a history book once in a while please.

>frog DNA
>on birds

Source on what? Nuclear Winter doesnt require more than a single button press. And if you really need a source on the fact that satellite surveillance enables us to just nuke whoever the fuck we please in any given country then I cant help you.

We already have the DNA and genome of wooly mammoths, the only reason why we don't have any of them around is because the DNA would have to be impregnated in to an elephant, and then even if it was a successful implantation, the mammoth hybrid would probably die of loneliness because they're herd animals and you can't just dump it in a snowy environment alone.

>mammoth hybrid would probably die of loneliness
I'll stay with you mammoth-kun ;_;

>he fell for the nuclear winter meme

Yes Is jeff goldblum after all