Why does the news refuse to acknowledge that these weird clowns not actually doing anything wrong other than looking...

Why does the news refuse to acknowledge that these weird clowns not actually doing anything wrong other than looking weird are nothing but viral market for this fucking movie.

>Release date: September 2017
A little too early for a campaign

>Release date: November 1990
A little too late for a campaign

Tbh that was my first thought, if they didn't initiate it they're definitely going to cash in on it.

Kek

>Implying a major motion picture company can't pay a few guys every week or so to go dress up in a clown costume for a couple hours

All of this started because of the adult swim show clowns on off the air at 4:00 am. They started dressing as clowns and being spooky and then all these stories started popping up with copycats. I'm 100% positive of this

Except people have been arrested for terrorizing people, lol. There was a 15 year old chasing people with a real knife. One person does it as a joke then other people hear about it and copy them because they think its funny.

>He doesn't realize how scummy advertisers have gotten

I took a marketing class like 5 years ago so it's probably even scummier now, but I remember being shocked that some basketball player was paid tens of thousands of dollars just so that a crew could film one of his practices and him doing some dunks for the lead up to the All-Star games and instead of him drinking water or Gatorade on breaks, he had to drink vitamin water. It was a 5 minute video and vitamin water was in maybe 30 seconds of the video with the guy drinking it directly for only 10

So its a successful viral marketing campaign because people are spreading it themselves now

It wasn't a movie, it was a TV miniseries.

>implying it started as a marketing campaign

Americans realize this has nothing to do with IT or a fad started in America, right? It actually began here in England a couple years ago since I definitely remember hearing reports of it down south but it isn't as widespread as it is now.

My working theory. Skinwalker invasion.

Yes, yes it did

Seriously look at the date Clowns aired in September and look around when the news stories started popping up. Why is no one else acknowledging this

Unless the studio admits it I guess we'll never know, right?

Some guy got beaten by a clown in my town and was saved by his loyal doggo,a few days later another man was slashed. No doggo for that man.

explain more

This senpai. It probably costs less than $100 a week.

Or the news could do their fucking job and do a tiny little bit of investigating instead of just reporting
>hey hey this is crazy another weird clown has a video on facebook. what a crazy world

cause who the fuck is watching adult swim at 4am

me and your mom when we are catching our breath

There was a bloke running around dressed as a clown and scaring people in Northampton two or three years ago

stephen king and the studio have said its not them. also the clowns have been killing people and raping kids so

No one and that's not the point, they went out and filmed sketches for this show, news stories popped up because people reported seeing clowns on their surveillance cameras at home and walking around on the side of the road, more people started copycating, and here we are

They've been commiting petty crimes tops

THE THEORY MY DUDE

Halloween is the perfect time for Skinwalkers to come out, they can act and disguise themselves as people.

you're shit at scaring people with semi-real stories dude.

If they start now they can just just have the clowns suddenly disappear, appear again closer to the movie, disappear again and suddenly theres a movie out with the same fucking premise

Because its not. King himself said it.

It's just a group of memesters starting this, then it went viral and now more losers dress as clowns.

Therefore not Cred Forums related.

Sag and reprt.

>Be me walking home from a convenience shop late at night
>Suddenly realize how spooky the atmosphere has become, it's suddenly gotten colder, I can see my breath coming out of my mouth, standing next to a flickering light is one of those clown fuckers
>AW HELL NO
>Clown bastard starts running towards me, has some kind of weapon in his hand, upon getting closer see it was a baseball or something like that
>Drop my bag as they get closer, I have some basic self defense training so I decide to take a risk, manage to disarm them, bat drops to the floor with a clunk
>Notice something odd when I've got him in a basic Jiu Jitsu grapple, the texture of his hands feel completely different to mine, they are chalk white, suddenly grow panicked and ask who the hell he is, try and remove the mask
>Mask won't come off and I notice it's firmly attached to the neck, no matter how hard I try to pray it the mask won't come loose
>Clown manages to break free but get this, he doesn't get up and run like a person normally would, instead they slither like some kind of reptile and goes into a very large bush which rustles as he enters it
>NOPE
>Pick up my things I dropped and just jogged quickly back home

goddamn lizard clowns i swear to christ if i see one of those fuckers again im going full hitler on all lizard kingdoms

>he doesn't wash teeth
so scary

It's either lizard clowns or reverse vampire

Normal looking clowns casually walking around are 100% more scary than the shitty new IT design