This fucking episode man

This fucking episode man

When I was a kid I was genuinely upset that they turned Chef into a creepy pedophile and then brutally killed him off like that

Fuck Matt and Trey

Blame his voice actor.

His voice actor is a SJW scientology-freak. It was deserved.

>When I was a kid
ban this underage

also they did it because he quit and spoke bad about the show

how can you watch South Park up to this point and then be upset about this?

This episode is where the series "jumped the shark", and is even a "literal", textbook example of the trope. It was a major event in a well-known TV show, and for whatever reason, the quality of the show was never quite the same afterwards.

However, I am still glad that they killed Chef off, and I'm happy that they ran the episode. I had known for years that it was only a matter of time before Matt and Trey take Scientology to task in an episode, and that when they did so (inevitably), it would cause a rift with Isaac Hayes, who is himself a damn dirty Scientologist. They spoofed Scientology and didn't puss out, the episode actually aired and entered the culture (this is a big deal. Anti-Scientologist materials are often killed off one way or another before they make it to print/the screen), Hayes got predictably miffed, and Matt and Trey got rid of him and continue to enjoy their comfortable lives and doing what they want to do to this very day, make new South Parks, even if those are and never will be as good as the old days.

Good.

> His voice actor is a SJW scientology-freak.

Was. Isaac Hayes died in 2008.

>tfw this episode was 17 years ago

They could have simply just stop having Chef appear on the show instead of turning him into a pedophile and having him ripped apart by lions

Fuck off, I'm 22

Don't blame chef blame the cult that fucked up his brain
His VA quit after they made fun of his religion

>ban this underage

>2006 was 10 years ago

He could have been 8 when this episode aired.

-_-

Also who is looking forward to tonight SP

I'll watch it but I'm not expecting it to be good

Looking back on it, its weird Chef was around as long as he was. He was kind of a nothing character. He was alright when the show was new and Matt and Trey wanted to make "edgy" jokes about black dicks and do their own views on race relations; now everyone is obsessed with black people and worshipping them so the joke isn't risque anymore. Like a lot of black guys, his VA liked to joke, but couldn't take the bantz at his own expense. We didn't lose anything, he outlived his purpose and the show is a different animal now.

I think it was justified, to make a show were you insult everyone and any thing and then when you go to do something and one of your actors starts crying about how you cant do it to that one thing it kind of shits on your holy thing. if anything i think them for not pandering to his bullshit.

They were making a visual metaphor for their grief.

What they did to Chef, they felt Scientology did to Hayes.

Aww user why don't you think it will be good

>This episode is where the series "jumped the shark", and is even a "literal", textbook example of the trope. It was a major event in a well-known TV show, and for whatever reason, the quality of the show was never quite the same afterwards.
Even if it isn't the clear demarcation line, it's the obvious reference point for when a show declines. Anytimes a character or crew member leaves people say that's the point it became bad, even if the change is very slight

one of his sons just recently said in an interview that he had an aneurism or something and couldn't speak and someone from the "church" quit for him over the Scientology episode which makes this ep even more mean spirited since they didn't know

>the lions rip Chef's face off and disembowl him
>he tries to speak but he's choking on blood
Chef didn't deserve this end, bros.

This was the first episode of season 10, and as we all know, the tenth season usually spells doom for a long running TV series (see: the Simpsons).

Also, this episode aired in 2006, and as most of us know, 2006 was the beginning of decline/suckage for a lot of things, not just Southpark.

It's like poetry