Alien>Aliens>an enormous string of dumpster fires

Alien>Aliens>Prometheus>Beer Shits>Your Day Dying>Alien 3>Alien 4

Alien and Aliens are the only 2 worth watching

rest are hot garbage, prometheus included

within a relative scale
alien -> film
alien 3 || prometheus -> movie
aliens -> flick

Aliens was a giant fucking turd. The acting was terrible, the writing was even worse, and the special effects were corny -- these are facts.

>(You)

Aliens > Alien Ressurection > Alien > Alien 3

Aliens>=Prometheus>Alien 3>Alien: Ressurection

Every other list is objectively false.

>Alien and Alien 3
>atmospheric character-based slow-paced horror
>Aliens and Resurrection
>HEY HOW ABOUT SOME GUNS AND EXPLOSIONS AND EPIC ONE-LINERS, ONE XENO IS BORING HERE'S A FEW DOZENS OF THEM BECAUSE ACTION IS FUN AMERICA FUCK YEAH

my nigga

>Alien>Alien3

Oh you

Alien>Aliens>Alien vs. Predator>Alien 4>Alien 3>AvP 2>Gremlins>Goonies>>>>>>Gremlins 2>Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade>Weekend at Bernies>Hudson Hawk>The Force Awakens>Eyes Wide Shut>Loose Change

Inarguable

>not liking cutie Android Winona
>not liking Ron Perlman
>not liking weird alien-human hybrid

>Alien, Aliens, AR
>shot with finished scripts, feature memorable scenes characters

>Alien 3
>unfinished movie about a bunch of bald people running from a stop-motion bug

>Alien 3 AC
>have almost a complete story
>ruin the best chestburst scene of the franchise
>completely remove the second best one

you just can't win with A3, sorry.

Alien=Aliens > Predator > Predator 2 > Alien 3 > Predators > Alien vs. Predator > Prometheus > Alien: Resurrection > Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem

It should have been the best because the set design was top-tier. How they managed to fuck that up still baffles me.

I can't decide between Alien and Aliens. Maybe I love Aliens a bit more but they're always a required double feature. I'm waiting for the third.

The problem with comparing Aliens with Alien and Alien 3 is that they're a completely different genre.

Alien is one of the best Sci-Fi Horror movies ever made. Aliens is one of the best Sci-Fi Action movies ever made. If you go into Aliens looking fir a good horror movie you're going to have a bad time

Aliens doesn't rely on action and has horror elements. It's all about the build up, the themes and establishing and expanding on the mythos.

they were building top-tier sets instead of writing a story

Third Alien will never happen. Don't hold your breath.

Aliens is more re-watchable because it's just pure entertainment. Alien banks on that 'unknown horror' element, so you watch it the first time and it freaks you the fuck out...but after that it's not scary and you just appreciate the visuals..

I'd say overall, Alien is the better movie but Aliens has more staying power due to it's action/comedy nature.

Alien >>>>>>>>>>>> Prometheus > Aliens=Alien 3 assembly cut > shit > alien 3 > alien 4.

What all of them again, Aliens just doesnt hold anymore. It aged like shit.

This newfound contrarian hatred for Aliens needs to end now.

>muh action one liners
Aliens was practically capeshit

Join us. It's time to move on, user.

Why wouldn't it happen? Sure I'll have to wait like three more years but Fox has its plans. But I'm only interested in this one and maybe Shane Black's Predator.

>muy assembly/director/original/special/ultimate cut
You cucks make it sound like it's a different movie and it's always the same give or take 10 minutes of irrelevant scenes

Alien> Aliens> Prometheus> Ressurection> AVP>>>> Dirt>>>> Dry shit> wet shit>>> Alien 3

>action one liners

there's literally one. Aliens ain't no Predator

>This newfound contrarian hatred for Aliens

It doesn't exist. Learn about the nature of Cred Forums. Everybody knows it's perfect. It's so good and popular we NEED this shit. Some people decided they're gonna play the role of contrarian haters. Alien will be next. Or Terminator or The Thing.

Watch Aliens again. Do yourself the favor. Its a shitty action movie. Aged like milk, while Alien gets better and better.

It's not just contrarianism. Aliens is a terrible movie, Alien is a pretty good one.

REWATCHABILITY TIER

Aliens>Prometheus>Alien>Alien 3>AvP>drying paint>Alien Resurrection>Grass growing>>>>>POWER GAP>>>>>AVP 2

Prometheus > Aliens > Alien > Alien 3 = AVP > AR

They're doing an ok job but no one is impressed so I'm questioning the purpose of their subculture.

Alien = Aliens>>>>>>> Alien 3 > Alien Ressurection >>>>>>>>>>>> Prometheus

Best answer you're going to get. Alien and Aliens shouldn't be compared, like T1 and T2. After Aliens it was all a decline. Prometheus was overhyped garbage.

Both are great movies.

The only real problem with Aliens is Paul fucking Reiser. That dude couldn't sell a scene if it was made out of nazi gold.

But Alien and Aliens are different to each other and perfect while T2 is a bit too like T1 (only the first movie was basically a horror movie) and the only thing that saved it was the decision to go destroy the Cyberdyne lab.
It's still excellent, great acting and fx but.. these two can be compared and rated.

Alien=Aliens≥Prometheus>>>>>Alien Resurrection>AvP franchise≥Alien3

Prometheus is basically Alien 3: Decent visuals wrapped around a terrible story.

Hollywood really needs writers that don't have their head firmly in their ass. Especially since every sequel/reboot/remake gets analyzed to hell and back by the internet.

Prometheus is AVP with a worse setting and more high sci fi philosophy that the Alien franchise never needed.

They should be compared, considering the subject material, but they're not the same genre.

Is it you again or what? They're so similar yet perfect that it doesn't matter which one people choose as long as it's one of the two. It's either Alien or Aliens and you can take your "horror means deep plots and is better" meme somewhere else.

Fucked up the green text like a pleb myself but you get my drift

I guess hating Aliens is the new ebin Cred Forums meme. Can't you guys just give it up?

>the only problem
The biggest problem is writing. They poorly presented a weak story and took a dump on the concept of the alien by turning them into space ants
Aliens gave us shitty, underdeveloped characters that we have no reason to care about. Instead of making the movie into something suspenseful they opt to subject the audience to constant action scenes. The only buildup is the short period after the marines land on the planet. All the character development is centered around Ripley so the losses wouldn't affect us even if they gave us time to appreciate them. Cameron invested so much time into making the marines look badass so he could tear them down in chaos and shock the audience but its effect was lost because Ripley was there to highlight how naive they were being the whole time. If it wasn't a sequel and Ripley wasn't a part of the movie it could have been alright.

This shit is terrible, when's the last time you watched it?
youtube.com/watch?v=FSrcMaid0mg

They're funny. The class clowns of Cred Forums.

Comedy gold.

Holy shit it was bad

I actually love Alien Resurrection. It's made by one of the directors of City of Lost Children!!!

The visuals are so freaking good. Sure, it's is pretty franchise heavy but for as much money as they invested in it, that's understandable.

The ending scenes with Ripley's baby Alien are breathtaking. In the special features they show the two aliens and they are HUGE robots.

I never did understand. Why is Planet Alien not round?

unironically, yes.

only plebs hate Alien3 while worshipping Aliens

Alien 3 is just a worse rehash of the first

still better than aliens

>Prometheus
>Rewatchable

HAHHAHAHAHA NO!

I had enough cringe for an entire life with that piece of shit

Alien = Aliens >>> Alien Resurrection > Alien 3
haven't seen any of the team-ups

Found the cuck

This is pretty close to my own opinion but I would hold aliens below alien1.

You gotta try harder if you actually want people to believe you.

>muh marines kicked their asses
>USA USA USA

Alien>Aliens>Prometheus>Alien 3>AR

I loved AR
Might have shit all over the others but it had great moments in it and some extremely creepy ideas, scenarios, and monsters
Baby still freaks me out

Watched it for the first time 3 months ago. It's one of my favorite action movies. You're full of shit m8.

id put Aliens above Prometheus but other than that... ur rite

Alien>Prometheus>Alien:R>AlienS>Alien3

You right, it's nothing like predator.

Predator was an amazing action film that accomplishes the same basic premise as Aliens, without turning the unstoppable horror into useless canon fodder. And its sets consist of more than just differently shaped steel corridors.

Alien > Alien: Isolation
All the rest is shit

Prometheus > Aliens > Resurrection > Alien 3 > Alien