Why do people like this movie again?

Why do people like this movie again?

It was this epic, early colour blockbuster, so ofc it won a bunch of prizes. It isn't terrible but still too long. David Lean-lite.

Vivien Leigh was amazing in it and it showed a brilliant character growth and development of Scarlett

Is that Gomez Adams?

Jezebel > Gone with the Wind

I've never seen it.

because they all swoon over Clark Gable

what character growth?
She is a spoiled bitch before the war and a spoiled bitch after the war.

a southern belle is as close as most american women will ever get to being a princess

the only thing i know about it is that paul mooney stood up and applauded when the black woman told white folks to get off her porch.

Don't blame them desu

>ywn be this based

It's mostly girls, and girls don't really know if they enjoy things or not. They might say they do, and pretend they do, but they're not sure themselves. You just gotta get lucky and Gone with the Wind did

>not sure themselves
so when thots say they like cock they are unsure.

Spoiled bitch and weak before yes, however she then suffers great loss but grows independent and rebuilds her family's legacy after her mother dies, father becomes useless and the man she loves marries another woman and the other man she loved fucks off to fight in a civil war he didn't really care about. She then becomes more cold and bitter when she seems to have everything she could ever want but still wants more. Finally she tragically realizes that she did love Clark Gable after it was already too late

When they renamed it Wild Nigger Academy I was affronted.

Go back to your grave Davis

Because it's old and people liked it when it first came out. No one likes it now as an actual movie. The only point to watch it is to see what movies were like back then. Or you say you like it to seem sophisticated.

Finally just saw that and she was terrific in it.

Honestly she was a great actress. Also Whatever happen baby no matter how over top it is still a accurate portray of washed up child actors.

Just look at Feldman and Lohan desu. This movie knew how to get into their minds with Bette davis character.

This movie is a piece of shit

I like it because of the character development, but I agree with the others who said it is too long. There are some great scenes though.

it's better than anything that fag David Lean ever directed

Because it's a amazing classic and one of the greatest films of the 1930's. If you don't like it you have shit taste

It really isnt. Very few people that tout it seem to have actually seen it. It has a couple iconic scenes but it's a slog.

Said literally no one ever, that is until a contrarian pseudo cinephile came along.

>Because it's a amazing classic and one of the greatest films of the 1930's
That is like saying Asteroids was the best game in the 70's. Just because it was the only decent movie to come out that era doesn't make it a good movie. I mean what other choice do you have?

>That is like saying Asteroids was the best game in the 70's
That would be the 1910s in that analogy

t. pleb

There are tons of great movies made in the thirties, I've seen hundreds. It wasn't called the golden age for no reason, come back when you develop some taste

David Lean is one of the most overrated directors of his era. It has nothing to do with contrarianism, just my opinion. There are plenty of popular directors I like, for example Hitchcock who has become a popular target for contrarians to shit on in recent years

Gone With the Wind is a 10/10 movie, and unlike Lawrence of Ambien it actually holds your attention for its entire running time

>he likely had sex with Carole Lombard
I'm jealous desu

So you are one of those retards that think all old movies are boring and shit. Go back to Cred Forums, fucking capeshitter.

>muh civil war

I'll have to agree, and apparently she swore like a sailor, enjoyed smoking cigars and hating wearing panties

Sounds like a fun broad to chill with desu

It has a few powerful moments, and Gable is amazing.

A lot of other movies from that time have aged better.