Cred Forums, tell me about Hellraiser

I'm watching pic related for the first time tonight, and I'm finding it to be more cheesy than anything else. It's campy-fun I guess, but I was hoping for more.

What do you think about Hellraiser, Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9ZS7eM_-jEA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Clicked the wrong pic. Feel free to call me a fag.

Fag.

I've earned that.

It's a cult classic. Doug Bradley as Pinhead is the highlight of all Hellraiser movies. Each movie is completely different from the other, so give the sequels a chance nonetheless. Just don't bother with the one that doesn't have Doug Bradley.

I've heard it's dumb gore, like it wanted to be what Saw actually was.

funny that you post this as i was thinking about the series yesterday.

i was thinking a big budget reboot with a serious dedication to the original story and a firm belief in elaborate yet purposefully used gore would be great. like the nightmare on elm and friday reboots except good.

just a thought. but theyd have to bastardize it and turn it into something women could stand to sit thru or it wouldnt do numbers. which kinda makes it pointless.

still a cool idea considering theyre digging so much old shit up in lue of original ideas.

You heard wrong and you're a fag

>tfw you realize hellraiser is just an instrument for Clive Barker to tell the world all about his homo erotic fetish shit

Hellraiser has very little gore actually, if any at all. Pinhead is a sadist who enjoys torturing and yet he is never shown torturing someone.

>tfw you love another mans homo erotic fetish shit

Uhh, that's gay dude

That sounds bad

What the fuck are you talking about?

OMG! NO! youve found out my terrible secret. ive never fucked a man before but now that i said that and you know ive gotta fuck dudes till i get aids and die. im booking the ticket to africa as we speak.

grow up dude. and dont feel relieved that i just posted that and it means maybe you dont have to be uptight about you being a closet fag cuz youre not cool enough to not be afraid of being gay. youve gotta hold onto that homophobia and let it make you a joyless pussy who cant take a joke.

Clive Barker is a genius.

Compare that to any Saw movie that has people being ripped apart left and right every minute.

Yikes.

JESUS WEPT

His "Books Of Blood" are stellar. I was turned on to reading a lot of his work because Stephen King recommended them.

Originally Clive Barker comissioned original music from the industrial band Coil but the result was turned down. Clive Barker allegedly described it as "bowel churning." So, here it goes. What do you think?

youtube.com/watch?v=9ZS7eM_-jEA

I'd read that before, but never listened to any of this. Can't believe that didn't make it into the movie, would've greatly enhanced it.

it's fucking horrible

Go watch your capeshit, pleb.

You are not a fag OP you just made a mistake. It could happen to anyone. ;)

Satanic trips. OP confirmed for not being a fag.

I like it. Its a super unconventional horror movie (in comparison to the slasher films of the time.)

Good practical effects.

fag