Deadwood-finally got around to it

>how the fuck did i not watch this in the 10 years?

I feel like a fucking squarehead

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jO0Ly9wB3V0
youtube.com/watch?v=Fwo9KwnOse4
youtube.com/watch?v=vGTkBg_Qw5U
youtube.com/watch?v=7mvc9KnGzwo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Watch Westworld. It contains the best elements of Deadwood and improves upon them in every possible way. Deadwood is very outdated now and you're foolish for watching it.

don't falseflag cause you don't like westworld

You're impossibly stupid.

i love this show. but it's weird, I'd never recommend it to friends or watch it with gf. They would just say it's boring and uneventful. To me this show is like a pleb-test, and not everyone can enjoy it.

will never...
>start the night off at Bella Union with the week's pay
>lose most of it
>spend what's left on a whiskey night cap and fucking some skank at Gem Saloon

LOOPY CUNT

Is the interior of the Bella Union the same as the whorehouse in Westworld?

How much for a prostitute to defecate on the floor and then masterbate me over the poo until I ejaculate and "salt the earth"

cocksuckah

>specialty customer

never cause problems
pay a premium

i was well hooked before this episode, but this scene absolutely confirmed

intro kino

youtube.com/watch?v=jO0Ly9wB3V0

I'm at the end of s1 and think it's a boring piece of shit

feed this faggot to the pigs

>You and me! Come to me in a vision, ya stupid bastard!
I relish people redundantly questioning "who?", when I say we're doing something.

is Deadwood worth a watch?
I like westerns, but i also like these over the top cliche characters

like a super badass guy like clint eastwood
and a moustache-twirling evil guy

and lots of standoffs

>like a super badass guy like clint eastwood
>and a moustache-twirling evil guy

deadwood has well written characters, it's probably not for you

In my opinion,the absolute best HBO show ever made. Perhaps even the greatest show ever made. It loses points for not having a coherent ending. But for what it's worth the writing, performances, direction are all top tier and brought the medium to a whole new level.

youtube.com/watch?v=Fwo9KwnOse4

>these dudes all wearing cool looking suites and vests

but obviously smell like shit because they wore the same clothes everyday

>t shirts, basketball shorts, and flip flops

how far we done fell, but at least we...nope everyone still smells like shit

Kys ding dong

A conversation with David Milch the creator. I'd recommend you watch it if you have watched the show.

youtube.com/watch?v=vGTkBg_Qw5U

>implying that kind of characters can't be well written
lmao

Bonded with my grandparents over this show of all things. Grandpa loves westerns so I lent them all three seasons.

Grandma told me it was like they were young again. They'd stay up way later than they should then look at each other and say "I could go for one more..." and keep marathoning. Grandpa calls my Grandma Wu now. They were so excited when I told them the movie was happening.

One of my favorite shows of all time.

you really should be perma banned from this board, you do not belong here.

Your grandparents must be anthropologists or historians or some shit. I am glad you got to get the perfect mix of old person who likes westerns and cool with obscene language.

My grandpa was like yours but would be too conservative to hear cocksucker on a TV show haha.

The only thing that is even close to a consensus around here is that Deadwood and Rome are the GOAT kino shows.

You are a fucking retard for not watching them sooner, I would not associate with you irl because you are a pleb.

Get the fuck out of here pleb.

2nd rate shows to watch between seasons of got and walking dead

Grandma was uppity white middle class and grandpa was poor working class Mexican so they kinda balance out. She told me she was shocked at first at all the cursing but that my grandpa told her that's how things were back then, crass as hell.

My mom likes to tell the story of New Years as a kid where my grandparents would lock her and her siblings out of the house on New Years Eve and only found out later it was so my grandparents could invite all their friends over and get high.

Her reaction to the vulgarity is kinda funny now that I think about it since she watches Vikings and Game of Thrones...

> he only has 9 cents so he has to fuck Jewel

>Grandpa calls my Grandma Wu now
She's a celestial?

No, but a great cocksuckah
Badum Tsss

Thank you, i'll be here all week

Love it.

I'm very weak for this scene in the first episode as well.
youtube.com/watch?v=7mvc9KnGzwo

Why is Lovejoy pretending to live in the Wild West?

hello shill

For some reason I've been craving modern westerns lately. I do like the classics but the lack of production values put me off a bit.

I started with The Hateful Eight which kind of annoyed me. It's really starting to grate against my nerves how much of a fucking douche hipster Tarantino can be. It was a good movie, it would just be better if the studios hired someone to periodically dislodge Tarantino's head from his ass.

Then I moved on to the 2010 adaptation of True Grit which is not only the best adaptation of True Grit but easily the best western of the past decade.

Then I saw this thread and I thought 'Oh, thank God! The ride doesn't have to end' so I put on the first episode of Deadwood and after a title sequence that would've been generic in the nineties I was treated to acting that took me out of the show only a little more than the wardrobe and make-up.

Seriously. The first scene in Deadwood has a guy with a face that is well groomed even by twenty first century standards talking in a generic Hollywood voice to a guy who's slightly less groomed who manages to squeeze out about thirty percent of an accent. They're both wearing clothes that look like they've come straight from the dry cleaners and one of them is even wearing a hat indoors. But it's a bowler hat, just in case you were starting to question the show's authenticity.

The camera work is just basic, boring, TV shit. Close up of pen, wide view of room, close up of face, blurry background. Foreground becomes blurred as we focus in on the background. Not only is it not original or creative, but it's distracting.

I can't imagine it getting better, even the establishing shot was like 'Am I meant to be seeing an obvious TV set?' I thought people were going to burst out of the windows of the ""buildings"" and start singing "They Call the Wind Maria".

I am still on season 2. It just bores me sadly. I wa sinto the first half of season 1 more but it has sort of drifted..

Season two goes downhill really fast. There's less of the compelling drama of season one and way too much focus on romance between the characters.

It happens to every drama, but I wish Deadwood could have waited until season four to degenerate, like Mad Men or The Sopranos.