What is Cred Forumss opinion on ambilight?

What is Cred Forumss opinion on ambilight?

It's bullshit so Cred Forums probably likes it

Pointless gimmickry that serves no purpose apart from making the TV look le hipster.

Gimmick shit, but at least it's not as retarded as the 3d.

what's the fucking point

>how can we increase the price of the TV, the power consumption, and the amount of electronics required for just normal use, yet not add anything of actual worth?
>let me blow your socks off

>criticizing the idea of 3D and not the way it was approached

simpleton.

It distracts you instead of immersing you, so it's shit.

It's a gimmick, and obviously unnecessary, but I genuinely liked it when I had one. You could even set the light to a consistent ambient color sometimes, even just a dim white light for a nice recessed lighting effect.

It would be better for mankind if all tvs and computers were destroyed and we returned to cinema theaters, black and white films only, no sound and invest in taking all poetic routes we can find to tell wonderful moving stories with that media.

>turn off the lights in your room
>scene in the movie is blue
>room is now blue

there you go, free ambilight.

as I am extremelly autistic when it comes to watching films in total darkness with no distractions whatsoever, ambilight is my worst nightmare and needs to come to a sudden and extreme death.

It's obviously gimmicky bullshit with zero real purpose what so ever.
I want it

I installed four led strips behind my tv that colorshift and like 75% of the time they match the colors on the screen. Only cost me 20 bucks.

What controls the colour shift?

i never even turn on the main light in my room. got tons of ambient light in my room. makes it feel like im in an arcade or somethin.

>all that blue

It looks pretty, but doesn't it tire you eyes?

I feel like that would look pretty stupid most of the time. I guess really neon looking movies could potentially look cool but what about muddy, realistic looking movies?

>tfw fell for the 3d meme 4 years ago

Used it one time for some dumb nature show back when (((comcast))) had a single lame 3d channel

its probably just a $2 controller that random colors and hes too retarded to notice

Its useless as fuck aside from the fact that chicks love it and it got me laid alot
alot with the same girl tho, so it doesnt count for much

You didn't get laid because of some stupid fucking ambient lighting you dipshit. You got laid because the girl wanted to have sex with you.
>"No user, I don't want to have sex"
>turn on ambient tv lighting
>"YES FUCK ME"

not at all, if anything it prevents getting tunnel vision. besides you can change the color when you're bored. the deep blue seems to be the most unobtrusive color. it looks more tiring in the photo than it does IRL.