youtube.com/watch?v=O5Ru-wduZ70
mega.co.nz/#!ThBHGIgA!P_nsxYNq4ZwIt81-S_sqGe3ezlnWNmrC-kQokjA8hRs
loftcinema.org/purchase-tickets/shin-godzilla/1476395100/
youtu.be/74fxNHPBnv8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

is it kino?

THICC

T H I C C

You'd want to look like a walking penis. Admit it!

You know, that's an interesting shot right there. It's not filtered, over-processed, or very cinematic at all. Ultimately, it looks like shit, but there's a stark kind of realism to it, too. It just looks like a giant lizard monster coming out of the water at some random shitty beach.

too poor op? sorry brah

I am seeing it tomorrow with a friend. I just hope it isn't boring damnit.

Other anons said it is good so I hope so

>Japan has beaches
and I thought it was just a big city... my whole life has been a lie

It looks like shit in terms of special effects and cinematography, but that's the charm of Japanese monster movies.

I just want it to have an End of Evangelion tier ending.

>Japan has radioactive beaches

FTFY

>Saturday showing at my closest theater is sold out

Welp, time to wait for the blu-ray.

It was actually a pretty decent movie tb.h f.am.

k will i get bored by it? i hope zilla has a lot of screen time

saw it on tuesday, alright godzilla movie, idk when people will ever find out Godzilla isn't entertaining when it's only him

you will during dialogue but godzilla does some pretty cool shit

what do they talk about in the dialogue?

Memes

how to take on godzilla but as Chris Cuckmann said only one character has personality in the movie and she doesn't come in until way later, and there are some funny parts when humans are talking, and while Godzilla isn't in the movie much it doesn't feel like he's barely in it because its more spread out and you can actually see him unlike the 2014 Shitzilla

It was literally the best Godzilla movie since 2014.

kek

its apparently doing well enough that they're doing even more screenings now so i managed to buy a ticket for sunday. very excited.

>I can't pay money to see this.
They said we have a capitalistic system. Why is nothing happening when I try to throw my money on the screen.

I don't disagree, but that monster looks preposterous

Not the guy you're replying to, but yeah it is pretty boring.

It is made super realistic, so movie spends most of the time planning and going through red tape and just democracy.

Like when the creature first comes out of the water they spend two in movie hours going from meeting to meeting discussing attack strategies and how deploying their army will affect PR and the economy.

This is probably the least action packed Godzilla movie ever made.

The cinematography in the film is godly, dunno what are you talking about.

The scene where two characters are talking and the camera just keeps going up and away for no reason tells me you are trolling.

>I need every second of the movie to have action like my capeshit movies

It's classic Godzilla like the 1954 one. There's other stuff to it than just the monster.

Do they discuss about dinosaurs like the 1954 one?

Yeah but you must admit plenty of the audience will be disappointed since most Godzilla movies are known for their action.

I mean it has been a nonstop complaint about the lack of Godzilla seen in 2014
And yet it felt like Shin Godzilla has even less time on screen.

>Do they discuss about dinosaurs like the 1954 one?

There's some very brief discussion about how they theorized an ancient reptile could have fed on nuclear waste

Basic cliffs: This Godzilla is supposed to represent the disasters in 2011 vs just basic nuclear weapons

>they spend two in movie hours
Wait what? I am confused

How can a kaiju do such things to my dick

it's just an oversized Bad Dragon dild

>being this wrong

most godzilla movies are known for their brief godzilla scenes, if you actually watched them in full, not just youtube fights, then you'd know this

it was engaging the entire time

Do they bring up Russia and America or is it just Japan government related?

One guy mentions dinosaur I think once.
Shin is some kinda fish that is constantly evolving thanks to living off of nuclear waste

No, not trolling, promise

>Yeah but you must admit plenty of the audience will be disappointed since most Godzilla movies are known for their action.

This is true. Honestly the only disappointing part is in the second half after the big battle at night where it's just sitting there. I think it's a worthy 21st century Godzilla movie in any case.

>Do they bring up Russia and America or is it just Japan government related?

Oh yes, America actually plays a big part in the movie. Russia and China are brought up several times.

>I mean it has been a nonstop complaint about the lack of Godzilla seen in 2014
No... that movie sucks because the characters sucked apart from Cranston.

No point in spoiler tagging. But yeah I love this Godzilla design idea.
>BUT HIS EYES ARE TOO GOOGLY

Hasnt anyone seen fish?

Zilla looking THICC AF

In story hours
Like Godzilla is crawling through Japan in a straight line toward Tokyo and it takes them after 2 hours of meetings to mobilize the attack helicopters.

Just like real life, sadly

FUG I thought this was a scene from the movie for a sec

Russia and China are viewed with distrust, France helps out a bit, the Germans do a little too, the US is viewed as helpful but a bit controlling, but in the end the US plays a key role in defeating Gojira.

I would pay to see it but I live in the middle of assrape fuckville nowhere bullshit town where they won't show it.

>America actually plays a big part in the movie.
Very good. I take it there is arguments with the American government to send help or idk

But thats good. Yeah realistic as another said

>It is made super realistic, so movie spends most of the time planning and going through red tape and just democracy.

Sounds awesome

This movie was so lacking in action that they played a guitar rock song like it was about to cut to an action training montage kinda thing,
And it cuts to a chemical planet and a guy turning a valve.

No Godzilla movie has been this low in action before.

You saying that in a sarcastic way? Hope not

So 120 minute run time. How much does Zilla get?

I hope at least 30

not at all, I like movies like that

Godzilla was a narrative afterthought in Godzilla '2014. The MUTO drove the film and everything revolved from them. You could almost effortlessly write Godzilla out altogether. On top of all this, the human characters (with the exception of Cranston) weren't interesting. The protagonist was legitimately sleep inducing and after the second act he doesn't really interact with the rest of the cast. Minus the cinematography, there's really nothing else of note. The score was meh.

Godzilla drives the entire plot of Shin Godzilla. Everything is a reaction to him and the human cast is comprised of a diverse group of likable personalities working together towards a common goal. And this is backed by great cinematography, pacing, editing, and music.

You seen Ryan Renold's Buried? The entire movie is just a guy trapped in a box buried alive, talking on a phone to try to get help but damn it is so engaging the entire time

Yeah it is interesting and I enjoyed it for being the most realistic idea of how a Godzilla attack would go down,
But I can't imagine this replacing anyone's favorite Godzilla movie in their heart.

This though is perhaps my favorite design (with the morphing ideas and of Godzilla starting out as fish like with gills). I love that.

You like Krabby Patties don't you, Godzilla?

I wanna say less for real

And since it is ONLY godzilla there is no other parts of the story to gain action scenes from.

You mean the scene where they're freaking out about getting nuked? Yeah why would you want to progressively make them smaller as they're getting more and more scared...

Why are they only showing it once at each theater? Do they hate money or something?

I hope it is still worth seeing it on big screen.

Stop making me feel concerned if I will enjoy it :/

They are afraid that the American audience will realize just how bad the regular Murican movie formula has become

>I hope at least 30
Not even close to that.

There is literally no Godzilla movie where Godzilla gets 30 minutes of screentime.

He sure looks like he has a lot in the trailer.

I hope we get at least 5 minutes of him in fish gill form.

I take it nothing from the trailer was cut out?

If you like Toho Godzilla or anything Anno at all you'll enjoy it. You don't get many chances to see a legit Japanese Godzilla on the big screen, you don't want to regret missing it.

How much time does he get in the 1954 one?

They changed up Godzilla in origin and only similar in design by 4th form.
You could easily change 4th form design and name and you'd have a Kaiju movie much fewer people would care about cause it isn't the newest movie named Godzilla.

And I honestly thought the cinematography sucked.
That scene where main dude and totally American Japanese girl are having that dramatic moment about how US nuking Godzilla is being likely and she is staying A THE WHILE THE CAMERA IS JUST OUT AND AWAY FOCUS ON NOTHING AT ALL

Design is cool yeah
And that is easily the greatest atomic beams in all the Godzilla movies.

And boy does he have a lot of junk in his trunk. It’s like he’s just sitting on like half of a city, crushing buildings beneath the sheer enormity of his ass.

Could you imagine 164,000 tons on your dick?

>coming out of the sea
>not wet
>not covered in seaweed, flotsam and jetsam
>waves only at impact point of feet
>hazy day giving it omni directional lighting.

If this would have been at 5:56 pm, with the sun starting to set and the shadow of the beast descending on the terrorized citizenry, this might be Kino.

But those baby arms fucking ruin it.

This Godzilla did not originate from dinosaurs.

Aprox. 10-12 mins

The movie where he gets most screentime is GvsMG II that has him during 27 minutes and it becomes a borefest of beamspamming

It's far from boring. It keeps up a constant pace and is very frantic.

Reptiles are a group of dinosaurs user

In the same way NYC has beaches.

If you knew anything about Godzilla you would know he had many origins in many different movies, the only thing that needs to be conserverd are the basics of his 54' design.

No
It looks like a toy figure in front of a green screen that was later added into a scene of people running away.

HARDCORE HENREY GODZILLA STYLE MOVIE WHEN?

You think that would work well? Entire movie is a POV of Zilla

>mfw he jumps to space and then we see him killing Aliens from another planet
Nah too over the top but then when hasnt there been 1 Zilla film that got so over the top?

This film is impressive for a low budget though.

Besides, the 2014 one has that fake CGI look in some shots.

>I'm gonna be president one day!
>random Japanese bureaucrats speak better English

Hilarious

What did the artist who made this image imply by this?

Anyone got the link to the MEGA file that is 3 hours of Godzilla Kaiju action?

>tfw everyone praises the atomic beams scene but I still liked the way it was used in 2014 more

>voice over actor is good at his job

if only more voice over actors could run for president.

Unquestionably it's a Godzilla film in everything from structure, music, themes, etc. Minus some of the editing and dialogue choices, which is definitely Anno at work, it feels like something from the Golden Age of Godzilla films (1954-1965). The initial forms aren't much of a stretch from Godzillasaurus and the similar concepts touched on over the years.

Many people have impossible dreams, it was cringey but cute.

>not hiring japanese actors who speak English fluently

Where to cop those form 2 toys?

You can't hire someone that doesn't exist

Who would win in a fight between Minilla and form 2 Shin Godzilla?

hiring humans that couldnt emote if their life depended on it

Ebay

Japanese are like that, unlike american actors who overact.

I've met japanese people who speak English with a convincing American accent. Just don't think Anno gave a shit desu senpai

Not Japanese, though she speaks the language fluently and has played Japanese characters before. She worked with Shinji Higuchi last year in Attack on Titan and comfortably speaks English. Missed opportunity.

its impossible for asians to be expressive.

they have no souls and one eyelid.

That's the point hahaha

Nah,im sure he used her as a cumrag.

purpose served.

Movie of the year tbqh

>choker

Sometimes that's what reality looks like. You ever see something really big, or amazing, and it somehow looks fake just because your mind has no reference point for it?

This. Even the most boring idea on paper can be made exciting through proper execution. Not that I trust the Japs to execute anything properly. Except maybe a Korean.

>i want bad actors in films

I can't say i follow

You are not being a bad actor if you act like real life asians, they are asians acting like asians.

Then we have Hal in G14 overacting his grief for his wife.

Should have bought seven tickets the first day they went on sale like I did.

That was because he probably took one look at the script and decided it didnt deserve any effort and went full ham sammy.

>You are not being a bad actor if you act like real life asians, they are asians acting like asians.

gross

>seven tickets

Nah it still solid enough that any Godzilla fan should give it your money.
Just don't expect this to be the one to get your friends on the Godzilla bandwagon, in my opinion.

Well my friend really liked Blair Witch 2 which I took him too before kek so hope he is ok with this

>paying for your friends tickets
>giving the yellow demon shekels

c u c k

Yeah like the actors they got for this movie had the greatest range.

I swear half the one line guys they had for Ministers and stuff were pretending the paper they were hold was a report and not their page in the script.

For myself and my friends, user.

Hopefully they rike it.

>japanese directors post 60s
>capable

Wait thats the new Zilla movie?

HAH thought it was the 1954 one cos poster looked the same as a thumbnail

I wanna say Mini cause he has arms and isn't dragging himself on the ground
But it is Minilla's job to be bullied by other Kaiju, so he'd find some say to be kicked around.

Asian people live to like 110 years old with their healthy spiritual lifestyle.

The Japanese are God tier

This is the most autistic movie I've ever seen.

They label everything like some kid with OCD. The helicopters are labeled, the trucks are labeled, at one point what floor people are on gets labeled.

No "characters" exist, everyone just serves their purpose. The nuclear reactor guy says nuclear reactor things then it moves on to the general saying military things. All in a very stuffy formalized way.

The Japanese are a nation of aspies. No wonder Cred Forums autists love it so much.

>wanting to be on this hellhole for that long

>tfw no Donald Trump cameo when they are discussing about nuclear bombs
Kek can you imagine that? Trumo has done dozens of cameos in films.

Him being a guest in a Zilla film would be absolutey hillarious

being this much of a stuckmann

I preferred the one where he fights two giant turks.

Torrents when ? It doesn't come out in Yurop

Blair Witch the most recent one?
Or Blair Witch 2 Book of Shadows?
Either way kinda crap or super crap

>The nuclear reactor guy says nuclear reactor things then it moves on to the general saying military things. All in a very stuffy formalized way.
Reminds me bit of the 1954 film which I love :) now I am getting flashbacks to me last watching that

The one which was just in cinemas. I liked the 3rd act. Paid off there

>proud to be an autist

The 3rd most dissappointing film that I have seen in the cinema recently

>1. Taken 3
>2. Jurassic World

>We think that he is some kind of ancient dinosaur
I loved when they mentioned that in the 1954 one

You sound like Chris Cuckman in his review

>3 SETS OF SUBTITLES OVER ONE ANOTHER DURING THE CITY INTRODUCTIONS! WOAH I CANT HANDLE THIS

Never seen a mirror, then?

Some of the reactions to Shin Godzilla really make me wonder how familiar people are with Gojira (1954). It's basically a spiritual remake of said film.

They are not, this movie is a pleb filter for both fans and casuals.

That film is a classic so I should enjoy this one.

Casuals can't handle a film like this thats dialogue story driven.

>MUH QUIPS

Is this the worst Godzilla design ever? Even Zilla's hatchlings looked ten times better.

Likely most people are more familiar with the rest of the Godzilla movies.
Which have varying tones but pretty different than original.

Do they count tail when it comes to height?
Cause there are always varying tail lengths.

>not in your top 3

end yourself my man

>Do they count tail when it comes to height?

The camera zooms out to show the hollowed out railways where people hid in WW2 during the bombings.

God damn, Cred Forums fuckers are god-damn retarded. The cinematography is better than whatever Villanigger shit you probably cum over.

Is that what I think it is?

Okay maybe not the worst but competes with 62 and 67.

What's the point of labeling what floor someone is on? Non-socially awkward people don't find any purpose or meaning in this.

cicada skins

It is parodic of the way bureocracy operates and, in the same way, a gateway for Anno's autism.

Oh no, poor beatles

Bearzilla is worst

...It's a bunch of islands. Were you unaware of that, or did you somehow not understand how islands work?

Didn't even realize Shinzilla was supposed to be that big. I thought 2014 had it beat.

>Bearzilla
>Not Vs Gigans "pay no attention to it literally falling apart at the seams" Godzilla suit.

Nah it's starting to become this pissing contest one outdoing the next.

Just wait in 20 years they'll be some planet size threat and the heroes will have to grow Godzilla to moon size.

Shit taste. What else can be expected of weebs though.

Doubt it, Godzilla just scales up as cities and buildings got bigger. Buildings already reaching the maximum height possible without collapsing on itself and movie monsters will be around that size.

I can't wait for them to make one about a bunch of tiny Godzillas.

I would still money to do so if the nearest theater wasn't 3 hours away.

It used to be 6 hours

>thunderthighs

m80

>U.S. Nuking Godzilla
Shit like this makes me think that being a xenophobic-pacifist country for so long has caused the Japanese to cease to grasp geo-politics.

Or maybe it's just Anno. Looking back at EVA it's pretty clear he doesn't research these things.

it has always annoyed me how slow they make big things move in movies, this is almost unberable to watch

> Not liking the best heoric design for the character.
Yeah it was in bad shape by time it was used in VS Gigan, though it wasn't as bad as you're making it sound

A character actually mentions he moves slower than a creature of his size should

IN TRIPLICATE

You want some more CGI Breakdowns? Fuck it, since I can't watch this shit until Anno releases it on BD, I'll go ahead and dump some webums.

But that is just what USA would do if there was no other choice. Godzilla couldn't be killed by normal means.

Except when he is pissed, see the laser scene and how fast he turns and moves.

What the fuck is up with the end of his tail ?
Also it's funny, the CGI looks really like a plastic doll or costume, I wonder if that was intentional. In that case it's pretty impressive

Oh yeah, forgot this.

RIP Gojirra

Of course, the climactic laser beam...

youtube.com/watch?v=CrXTS10h2WI

Goddamn that bastard looks scary in motion

That miniature work is phenomenal!

It was apparently intentional.

kotaku.com/how-japan-made-a-digital-godzilla-1787649487

>What references did you use in creating the CG Godzilla? Did you study any animals or reptiles to see how they moved?

>Initially, we considered that type of approach that projected the feel of a living creature, but the general director vetoed that idea. He wanted Godzilla to have the texture of rubber.

that's better than the whole tate moden.

Some back lasers too.

>linking to Kotaku
Fuck off; plus their shitty review even called Shin Godzilla nationalist propaganda film.

By the way, no one really does lasers like Anno can.

youtube.com/watch?v=mdU8dyjgXU0

Jesus this is pure nightmare fuel

Because a lot of CGI artists forget that Lasers is about Solids turning Liquid and then Gas.
Most likely Anno has watched some speedcam videos of material testing with industrial lasers, and try to do a steroided version.
It looks really nice

stop watching shit

Anyone got pictures of Makeup-less chan

>getting this triggered over a link
It's an interview with the VFX supervisor that's relevant to this thread, who the fuck cares which one of your boogieman websites published it?

>Lasers is about Solids turning Liquid and then Gas.
>Laser: Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation

Is he really taking lasers to the extreme level or is LASER actually a pretty neat thing?

>Giving ad revenue to cucktaku
Post the archive link douche

Porn parody centered on grumpy looking biologist girl when

>not using adblockers

Bad user. No.

They get revenue based on hits you ass bandit

I think it was put to better use in the 2014 movie, but the initial wind up and seeing it go from a wide fire breath to a focused beam was more visually striking

Oatz and squatz

I assumed the full body shots were costume mostly.
Was the movie 100% CG?

Very conspicuous cgi, I did notice a couple offices getting torn apart were models though

Gojira sure hasn't skipped leg day, arm day on the other hand...

Anno did good work. Who should get a stab at Godzilla next?

This trailer is by far the best in terms of capturing the feel of the movie. There's some great stuff going on but it's almost all human interaction. Then WHAM, some fucking Godzilla kino scenes every now and then to really fucking blow you away.

youtube.com/watch?v=zgyq6YKeIms

>he is so sheltered he is not aware of cultural differences
You realize peole from different cultures act and think differently, right? Or are you just retarded?

>Reptiles are a group of dinosaurs user
Wrong, dinosaurs are a type of reptile

There's only one showing at my movie theatre, and it will never return. Should I see it or is it shit

Watch it please, it is good and you will never have the opportunity to watch it anymore because no one is camripping it ever.

I LOVE that--- how his breath gets hotter and thinner, almost like a jet or rocket engine starting, turning from a normal flame to a super hot, almost invisible plasma.

It's chink dogshit, save your shekles.

Out of the thousands of images I've seen here after over a decade of lurking I can easily say this is the most disgusting one.

Wew, jews really don't like Japan, meanwhile the 2014 clusterfuck and Ghostbusters are certified fresh.

>Low-fi
>Literally Toho's Godzilla

I kinda want to eat it

Not too bad, though it should have received the fresh certification. But audiences really seemed to have had a blast with it.

not saying much since Godzilla 2014 was the biggest crock of shit I have ever seen
>muh edgy dark scenes where you cant see the monsters
>muh GRITTY REBOOT
>muh shitty acting

and we're trusting this director with Rogue One

kek

Wasn't he cucked? Rumors are that Disney took over. I know editing plays a huge role, though the latest trailer gives off a really different feel and I actually like the protagonist now. Gareth is leaving Hollywood. Was it stress or did he get blacklisted?

He was never prepared to direct a blockbuster and he probably isn't a SJW

hopefully he got cucked, probably wanted darth vader to show up on screen for .3 seconds before cucking vader out of the movie, and he probably wanted the movie to be a 2 and a half hour non-stop black screen with only sound

Where is Wally?

The jews fear the samurai.

I like the shot too it reminds me a lot of what The Host did well. i haven't seen this yet though.

>calling Shin Godzilla shit

Wrong. Dinosaurs were warm blooded and closer to birds than reptiles.

shin godzilla?
more like charredzilla
looks like he was left on the BBQ too long

i like the look except his fuckin arms....WHAT IS THAT!
dude needs to go back to the gym, fooken t-rex arms.

I had no idea about the evolving or the fish gill form going into the movie, I thought the build up was going to be to his actual reveal. After all those close ups of his tail, his back. Obscured by all the boats he was pushing.

Then that sudden wide shot of that bug eyed wiggly monster motor boating it's way through the street. Bravo Anno.

Also the atomic breath scene was probably the best one, like ever. When he stumble over and just start barfing flames all over Tokyo like a nuke as it slowly gets hotter, hotter, and refines itself into a full on atomic blast.

The scene where goijira senpai actually attacks is the best scene ive ever seen in a movie, dont worry.

KING RAT! KING RAT!

Too nationalistic, militaristic, and all the women are caricatures

What is Japan's connection with France?

After the US, France got brought up pretty frequently, like an especially tight ally.

Fuck off frogs, japan is our cumslut.

Yes, but they descended from a common ancestor with modern reptiles- primitive reptiles.

Weird. Most people skip leg day. Gojira has massive hammys but DYEL-tier arms.

I dont blame them.

"Human bullshit taking up 90% of a Godzilla film" has been a long-standing tradition, but that doesnt make it good.

The "oh, okay, this is the commentary they're making in this human drama" moment registers with even the thickest of retards within the first 30 minutes or so. The next hour and a half of it is just a snoozefest.

Also the special effects in the first half were hilariously bad.

>Another Godzilla movie

Will Japs EVER stop being butthurt about the nukes?

T H I C C

>manlet asks me to go see this movie with him the week before
>"Hey want to go see the new japanese godzilla movie? It comes out this week only for one day"
>"u..uh sure i guess"
>"lol okay because i already bought the tickets"

>day of I don't show up.

I am a horrible friend

Why are they only now running away? His body mass and shape dictates that he should be fairly slow on land. And unless that beach has a 1000 feet drop off a ten yards from shore, they should've seen Zilla coming from a long way off and evacuated the beach already. Yet the people are acting like he just popped out of the water.

I thought Cred Forums was liking this as an ironic thing. I mean it was so shitty. But this thread. How anyone can like this more than 2014 shows me how weeb this entire site is. Just goddamn.

French love nuclear energy.

Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the moviegoing public

>TURNING DOWN FREE SHIT
Honestly what were you doing that night you felt would be a better use of time?

this guy liked civil war over bvs

Not nationalistic or militaristic

Havent' seen a single review talk about the women

Most of the reviews talk about the cheap effects, lack of characterization for anybody period, and autism such as labeling what floors people are on.

78% is good for RT, not sure what your problem is

Unless you think this deserves a 100% or something.

>But audiences really seemed to have had a blast with it.

audience score is only 2% higher than critic score

This movie was well-reviewed in the West and was in fact rated BETTER than the 2014 film. Not sure why the weebs here are trying to make it look like there's a conflict

you're not a horrible friend, just a shitty person. i'm actually not sure why you have a friend in the first place, stop talking to them?

As cool as that scene is, it kinda pisses me off about how similar it is to pic

Patterson makes my penis go dokidoki

There's only one girl that makes my kokomo go dokidoki and thats this chan right here

he texted me earlier before the show asking me if i wanted to go drinking at his house afterwards so it kinda convinced me that he had the intentions of trying to sleep with me.

This song
youtube.com/watch?v=O5Ru-wduZ70

My murder boner.

I can't wait for the nuclear holocaust

That one's actually pretty fucking cool.

>dokidoki

Anyone have that image of women on facebook being jealous some asian highschooler is being called beautiful? I want to shop her in

How can I watch this? I'm European and I don't think it's out here, nor can I find a torrent for it.

Jesus I'd actually rent it if I could.

>rent it

Dude its still in theatres, you have to wait for dvd release

And it was the best investment of my life.

True kino. This is the first time I ever say that.

one piece film gold aired months ago, and it'll still be a few more months before we get subbed torrents

>people saw that shit and didn't love it

girl then?

LONDON

So, a friend offers you free tickets to a Godzilla movie AND sex? And you turn him down? Faggot.

I wish one of my friends had ever bought me tickets to a Godzilla movie and then wanted to bone.

What annoys the shit outta me is given the position of those people, they are only JUST NOW running away. Meaning that godzilla was able to mosey that close before they decided to book it.

This is another one of those movies women will never understand.

This is just how men are. We build up pictures in our heads of prospective partners. Women see partners as projects needing to be "fixed". They're natural realists with an optimistic attitude towards change. Men are naturally kind of delusional. We see all the good things in a partner. We see them not as an excuse to fix someone, but to fix ourselves. The problem is, relationships aren't a very good way to fix a person.

I find it utterly, utterly bizarre that when women read this film, they take home the message that men are somehow bad or immoral for seeing their waifus as virtuous and lovely. But I think it runs back to the "he's a fixer upper" attitude. Women feel the need to correct us and our behaviours. Well I'm sorry but I'm not going to apologise for the way my gender is. It's the same phenomenon that explains why generally it's men left in the friendzone as opposed to women. It's kind of weird that women get so mad at this film for explaining a phenomena that only hurts men. Really, what did Summer lose out of this film? She had a fling and moved on. Tom had an existential crisis and got depression.

Why doesn't Godzilla have feathers?

Doesn't he suddenly pop out of the water completely unexpected?

CAMS
WHERE

mega.co.nz/#!ThBHGIgA!P_nsxYNq4ZwIt81-S_sqGe3ezlnWNmrC-kQokjA8hRs

>Dating girl for a month. She's a bit liberal and feminist
>Despite plain logic, invite her to see Godzilla Resurgence
>Let her know it's probably shit, but I'm a fan
>Tuesday night 9:45 showing. Dinner beforehand
>She says she's tired. Oh boy here we go...
>Eat wings, have some drinks, head to local indie theater
>Actually large turnout, but get good seats
>Against all odds, movie is entertaining
>She stays awake. Gets the whole dumb plot, metaphors and all
>We both laugh at shoehorned, "when you're president" feminist line
>Go back to her place
>Fuck
>Raw
>Everything went better than expected

The point is I gave money to my favorite local theater, so fuck off.

Liar, there are only 7:30 showings of it.

lol

loftcinema.org/purchase-tickets/shin-godzilla/1476395100/

Tonight's the last showing.

One of the most refreshing things about Shin Godzilla is that it isn't a about a single character, but an entire nation coming together and trying to fight Godzilla.

This is honestly one of the best things about the movie. Not every movie needs a hero.

Also there are characters, it does have a main dude and that guy has far more development than fucking marine shithead does in 2014. There's a scene in Shin Godzilla, after he levels Tokyo, where it cuts to MC dude coming to the new disaster recovery HQ and that scene has better acting and more tension than the entire 2014 put together.

It's a fantastic movie. The only weak point was the US character, who you can tell was written for Kiko Mizuhara (famous Japanese-American actress in Japan who grew up in Texas who played Mikasa in the AoT film which was directed by the co-director of Shin Godzilla), but she must have been not avaliable or something, so they got an actress that couldn't speak a word of english, and it really takes you out. Ironically, this character is Chris Stuckman's favourite.

>This is now possible due to the last shot of the film
Thanks Anno.

>The only weak point was the US character, who you can tell was written for Kiko Mizuhara
She definitely would have been the better choice as far as speaking English is concerned. That would have given the film as little more prestige to fight against the stigma associated with the franchise.

>Missing the entire point.

It's a fucking joke. The entire joke is about how many levels of Government and rando public servants and pieces of legislation decisions have to go through for anything to get done, which, may work in a normal day to day situation, but becomes a fucking disaster itself, when rapid response is needed.

It's about how the Japanese Government sat on it's arse for weeks with Fukushima.

Jesus christ. Satire people.

youtu.be/74fxNHPBnv8

cracked a smile when this remix came on thanks anno

It played what, 5-6 fucking times in the movie?

>Learning to use blender over the past few weeks.

How long would something like this take to render? I'm on an i7 and it already takes me often hours to render a single frame of detailed work.

Seems to have a much wider release here in Australia compared to the US. 5 or 6 showings every day in cinema's around here.

sure did! and I'd do it again!

i don't think that's the *entire* point though. that's the message of the first half of the film, but i think that one of anno's recurring themes is the power of systems and institutions -- that, while these slow-moving and complex behemoths of individuals and machines can be hugely inefficient, when they work they are massively powerful and can do great good. hence the recurring and persistent repetitive shots showing orderly, large numbers of things, primarily mechanical in nature. anno includes these shots in most of his work, and it's one of the things that makes this movie interesting as a godzilla film. the focus is kept entirely on the japanese system as it first fails to respond to godzilla via its own complexity, then after being partially dismantled through circumstance and tragedy, builds back up to create a response and put that plan into action. a plan that requires dozens upon dozens of actors, of mechanical devices, of complex chemical plants, etc.

he probably wants to cuckmannize her

I do agree the characters in this movie are a lot better than the 2014 film, there was almost no effort into the 2014 movie when it came to acting.

Also back to Stuckmann, it seems like he jumped on the bandwagon of liking Godzilla because out of nowhere he has all this Godzilla stuff

I want to sex the socially awkward science woman.

looks like me after i did Starting Strength

there is a scene like this in Shin Godzilla, we see a family looking to be packing their stuff from what I remember and 1st form Godzilla knocks down the building and we go back to the family being knocked around inside

I think the fact that Godzilla was at one point a cartoon super hero makes these scenes seem even more brutal

The new American one is pretty much that now.

>"I'm a huge anime fan since a kid"
>"Evan-jelly-on.

He's your typical 20 something who pretends they like stuff now to jump on the "I'm totally a nerd guyz" pop-culture bandwagon.

Same shit with Pokemon go. 90% of the people on my facebook page couldn't give a single fuck about Pokemon and many of them I knew in school, actually bullied and made fun of us Pokemon fans, yet when Pokemon go comes out "OH I WAS ALWAYS SUCH A HUGE POKEMON FAN, FINALLY, SOMETHING MADE FOR ME!!!!"

if that were true then why the fuck did they just follow around this insignificant fuck from buttass: the movie for 2 hours

Its a pleasure to meet you, Madame President

It's always interesting how people change their perception of something when that something gets popular.

Behold Thunderthighs, Destroyer of Worlds

It was legitimate kino. I expected great things from Anno but he went above and beyond.

He followed the Muto, which were being followed by the military due to their origin. Godzilla is there to maintain balance on Earth.

my did would literally explode bruh

if they're still making these films in 10-15 years i hope she comes back as the president

>We need to learn to co-exist with Godzilla
>By becoming monsters ourselves
So deep.

>tfw brutal monster godzilla gets to exist in shin godzilla at the same time as good guy godzilla in legendary godzilla

I'm more than okay with this.

Kek

It really is nice having the contrast.

>cinematography
no. The cinematography was fucking gorgeous. Special effects were pretty bad compared to american standards, but you can bunch up the cinematography with that.

>you can
you can't*

I would love to see a crossover battle movie with these 2.

>One of the most refreshing things about Shin Godzilla is that it isn't a about a single character, but an entire nation coming together and trying to fight Godzilla.
>This is honestly one of the best things about the movie. Not every movie needs a hero.

ding! I just realized why my capeshit girlfriend didn't like it... she was probably waiting for iron man to come in and save the world with witty puns and sarcastic quips.

That's a blatant lie, JW

No they don't you fucking moron go back to Cred Forums with all the other kiddos who hate on based kotaku god I wish you would just drop dead right now so fucking sick of you and Cred Forums shitting up my board every god damn second...

David Lynch

The cinematography started out great with all the quick cuts, but quickly got monotonous.

Sucks for you buddy, the theater I went to had all of 20 people in it. It was great.

This, my local theater had around 30 people

I dunno, Legendary Goji is definitely more well received than Zilla, but I still feel like they'd just let Shin Goji one shot the dumb american godzilla again.

If they're going to cross over, I'd prefer it happen in the comics, but even then, based on what I've seen of shin, he seems too OP to face off evenly against the other kaiju.

But doesn't Legendary Goji feeds from radiation?
Wouldn't he become more powerful if shin goji uses his atomic breathe on him?

>Shin fires his beam at Legendary Goji
>LG just fucking opens his giant mouth and sucks it all up
>gets a power boost and vaporizes Shin

I thought it was the other monsters that ate radiation.

And even then, feeding off something doesn't mean you're immune to heat and energy it puts off when incredibly concentrated

then if jackie chan doesn't play jackie chan in jackie chan adventures
who will he play in godzilla vs king kong?

Dr. Serizawa

The monkey