Kung Fu: Who Is Next?

>60s-70s: Bruce Lee
>80s-90s: Jackie Chan
>00s-10s: Donnie Yen

Who is our current or future keeper of the Kung Fu action flick? Donnie Yen is still making movies and he had a lot to do with keeping the Hong Kong Kung Fu film scene alive but he's getting old and its showing.

Watch Flashpoint for the awesome suplex scene and 90s feel dudes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ARP1V1V0SEM
youtube.com/watch?v=zja-rkeXUxk
youtube.com/watch?v=j7d_UacumGk
youtube.com/watch?v=x9ZRjIiNzhM
youtube.com/watch?v=F0BCdgYgoR0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

All The Raid guys.

Iko doesnt even consider himself an actor though. He's basically only acting in his friends movies.

Tony Jaa

But he has the charisma and seems like a bettet actor than Bruce Lee at that point in his career

Who the fuck is 'Donnie Yen'?

At least say Tony Jaa

>Tony Jaa
>kung fu

the man of tai chi was a good movie if you download the subtitles and ignore the last fight with keanue reeves.

It was a let down given all the great martial arts then having karate reeves be the final boss.

Also OP you misses out on Jet Li.

Kung fu is great though, probably the best martial arts styles compared to what else is out their.

youtube.com/watch?v=ARP1V1V0SEM

Check mate pleb :^)

Raid guys were suggested and they do silat. I think the topic is just martial arts in general.

why is based Donnie so bad in western movies? Does jews dont know how to film fight scene?

not really tb.h

Donnie yen has been a force in the action scene ever since Tarantino brought Iron Monkey to American cinemas in 94. He recently reached a new peak in his popularity with the IP man series and a leading roll in the new Star Wars Rogue One.

He said this when Raid 2 came out but I think he's changed his mind since he has quite a few movies coming now, not just with his friends. He's doing Beyond Skyline(also the choreographer) and a movie with Tony Jaa plus the two movies he's doing with the Mo brothers.

Wu Jing, at least in Hong Kong.

Muh Niggah, nobody I've talked to was willing to give Man of Tai Chi a shot but I thought it was a great flick.

this, but it's not saying much, bruce lee couldn't act for shit

>get old
>just want to go for easy wuxia money
I get Donnie's decision, but damn it still feels bad.

hell yeah really enjoyed MOTC

t. otherfag

Scott Adkins is the best non asian martial artist. I'd love to see him do a movie with Gareth Evans or put him as the villain in John Wick 3.

Who hype for Undisputed 4

Tony Jaa does Muay Thai

>Jackie Chan over Sammo Hung

Fuck yea it's a personal favourite.

I can't wait for the next undisputed. His ninja films were great too.

Theres another ninja film that was released the same year as Adkins first ninja film 2009.

It's either just called ninja or ninja assassin but you may enjoy. It doesn't have adkins but it's released the same year.

I thought the 4th movie would've been out by now.

Ninja Shadow of a Tear is pretty damn awesome

I've really liked Cyril Raffaelli whenever he pops up in something

Honestly I prefer watching jackie over bruce

His new movie The Bodyguard was pretty great, some quality acting talent from Sammo and the brutal fights we've come to expect.

My absolute nigga.

Martial Law was comfy as fuck.

Can we all agree Kung fu beats all other martial arts.

That as well and practical as the boxing styles are it's better to go the next level with shaolin forms and after that wushu.

That is atleast my plan but any form that appeals to me is so far from where I live currently I'd have to travel an hour or so.

I've found a place that deals with weapons and the animal forms and after gaining your black sash you can get into private wushu with an olympian instructor for the fancy stuff.

I've done other martial arts jap, korean etc but Kung Fu has always been what I've wanted to practice .

I don't like Bruce Lee's movies very much but the only Jackie Chan movie I enjoy off the top of my head is the first Drunken Master.

Sammo is amazing as a director, actor, fighter and choreographer, his movies are much deeper than whatever Chan has been doing since the late 80's.

And he was FAST

youtube.com/watch?v=zja-rkeXUxk

I couldn't get into the first drunken master because of the dub not being jackies dub. In time hopefully. I've been on a jackie kick since the movie he's named dragon and he fools around with his buddy mars. It has like a hackey sack soccer game thing in it, he writes a letter to a girl on a kite and it drifts onto a gangs roof who are stealing from temples.

Can't remember the name but I've been watching movies ahead of the release of that movie.

Anyone else oddly enough likes jackies singing?

How the hell did he move so fast?

>I couldn't get into the first drunken master because of the dub not being jackies dub. In time hopefully.

why not watch it with subs ?

Dubs for old Chinese and HK movies are terrible.

None. All of East Asia (except of cinematically dead Japan) has been memed into shitty Dramas.

Especially you South Korea. Fuck you for making this shit popular.

Raid 2 guy Iko Uwais seeing Tony Jaa pussied out.

Got the chance to see his new movie headshot tonight

I Silat your moms pussy and she doesn't complain

>Southeast Asia.
>Anyone being popular from there.
Kek.

>Underaged b&s having no idea of Michelle Yeoh.

>00s-10s: Donnie Yen
IMO the best martial arts from that decade were on the Ong Bak films

youtube.com/watch?v=j7d_UacumGk

Korea started making great movies early last decade and slipped into dramas and not completely ruined great Asian movies. Once in a while they'll make a good movie, but 98% of the shit they pump out are basically bad live-action drama anime.
Speaking of anime, you're right in saying Japan is cinematically dead. What was even their last great movie? Departures? Sad. Kids and young adults ruin everything.

she's literally ethnically Chinese and got famous thanks to Sammo casting her into Lucky Stars 2

She's Chinese. Calling her Mayla is retarded.

But too bad SEA doesn't have more famous people and movies. Some aren't bad at all.

Then turn on subs ya tard.

Jackie is an accomplished and trained vocalist. His lyrics are righteous as FUCK too. Go listen to the Thunderbolt or Police Story theme with subs if you lack self-motivation.

Michelle Yeoh was from Malaysia m8. She was considered the female Jackie Chan for doing her own stunts and was Miss World for Malaysia to boot.

I've been fapping to a Filipino Idol of sorts lately.

>He doesn't know who Donnie Yen is
Out. Now.

youtube.com/watch?v=x9ZRjIiNzhM

The Kenshin movies (with actors) are quite recent and top tier action flicks on their own right even ignoring the anime origins

youtube.com/watch?v=F0BCdgYgoR0

I'm a huge, huge fan of the anime and I couldn't even finish the first movie. Not that it was bad, but because the rip of it at the time was horrible.
I had problems with the acting too, but I should give it another chance. Thanks for reminding me.

>1:02
TIGER KNEE

But there was only one.

Wow thats actually pretty good.
It's so weird seeing that guy playing Kenshin, because he played a dorky little wimp in Kamen Rider Den-O.

that's because south east asian women are disgusting, literally 100% of the good things from there are Chinese

It's not kung fu, I forgot what it is, but the Indonesian crew lead by a white british dude. The people who made the Raid series and Marentau. I want more by them.