I feel bad for George Lucas

I feel bad for George Lucas.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pWvoFE7W288
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why? He sold his children to white slavers.

He's never once thought about you. Not even when he was making the prequels.

Kek.

Cause he got too famous for his own good. He made this little passion project that blew up, and he wasn't talented or savvy enough to handle it. He's such a shy, sensitive person who sucks at what he does, and he's had people constantly telling him that for years. He knows that anything he attempts that isn't Star Wars will bomb and be critically panned, so he just gave up and sold it. He probably cries a lot.

You're so right, man.

Oh I feel so bad for a multi billionaire

Daily reminder that Marcia Lucas is the only reason the OT was good.

Yea, poor guy.

True. He was making the movies he wanted to make, not the movies fedora wearing virgins in their basements wanted.

>He made this little passion project that blew up

Lucas never gave a shit about Star Wars. He never expected it to do well, either. He has no idea what he did to make the original so good, which is why his attempts to replicate it (the prequels, which along with Episode IV are the movies he actually wrote) have been so bad.

Daily reminder that George Lucas is the reason Star Wars even exists.

wrong, thats Frank Herbert and Dune.

Lucas is a hack who just ripped it off and a few other works.

seeMarcia revised the original movie and kept George from going hog wild with his fantasy (no one was there to do this when he wrote the prequels) so when you say IV was "bad because he wrote it" you're literally blind and making shit up. Now if he never gave a shit about Star Wars why did he make it? And you can't say money if you believe he never expected it to do well (which is true).

>so when you say IV was "bad because he wrote it" you're literally blind and making shit up

I didn't say that. I'm saying that Episode IV and the prequels are the movies that he wrote. The first one, episode IV, was good. Episodes I, II, and III were complete shit.

Right, so if George Lucas was never born Star Wars as we know it would still exist?

He still has Indiana Jones.

He's still a billionaire.

Fuck I misread that shit. My mistake.

Darth Insanius

I didn't say he didn't care about it I said he needed someone else to stop him going full retard. No one was there to do that for the prequels and look at what we got. He's like Whedon who has some great ideas but has a tendency to not only jump but repeatedly lip trick the shark if you don't talk him down.

Has there ever been a better example of someone stumbling onto something brilliant and failing time and time again to replicate it?

>editor for Taxi Driver
>editor for ADLHA
>basically made SW stomachable
Why did she disappear after the OT? Did she decide to stop working after the success of Star Wars?

Evangelion

>what Star Wars could have been

Until the recent GREAT REBELLION,
the JEDI BENDU were the most
feared warriors in the universe.
For one hundred thousand years,
generations of JEDI perfected their
art as the personal bodyguards of
the emperor. They were the chief
architects of the invincible
IMPERIAL SPACE FORCE which expanded
the EMPIRE across the galaxy,
from the celestial equator
to the farthest reaches of the GREAT RIFT.

Now these legendary warriors are
all but extinct. One by one they have
been hunted down and destroyed as
enemies of the NEW EMPIRE by a ferocious
and sinister rival warrior sect,
THE KNIGHTS OF SITH.

That is correct. You're a hack fraud who belongs on Ebaums World.

You said he never gave a shit about it, fucker.

Alright, user. Here (You) go.

Nope, only is me.

No, I said that. He's some other guy.

Then why did you respond with "I didn't say he didn't care about it"? As if I claimed you did in the first place when I was clearly addressing

Tim Cook with the iPhone

Because I didn't say that but was responding to the post that backlinked me and another user. I was one that DIDN'T say or imply that. I guess I could have been clearer in articulating myself but fuck it it's Cred Forums not a debate club.

Nah, he was too autistic for his own good.

Reminder that Revenge of the Sith is a better movie than anything Disney will ever shit out with its boring focus-tested assembly-line productions.

I'm genuinely curious as to what any one of JJ's expressions in this picture are supposed to convey.

youtube.com/watch?v=pWvoFE7W288

Apologize right fucking now, Cred Forums. You all bought into RLM's memes and all we got for it was glorified capeshit.

>He has no idea what he did to make the original so good
Because He wasn't what made star wars great. The original was saved in editing and ESB and Jedi were made by other people who took his creative input and ran with it.

American graffiti is absolutely based and all the proof you need that hes a good writer and director, and he collaborates well with his peers as shown by indiana jones.

I wonder if there is a parallel universe where star wars was never saved in editing and we had a few solid decades of lucas being a working director pushing back against the studio system.

Apologize.

>Because He wasn't what made star wars great.
This fucking meme again. Of course the movies were a team effort. All movies are a team effort. But in the end it's always up to the man in charge to decide who to listen to and who to ignore. And George listened to the right people and made the right calls. And he also made plenty of right calls in RoTS as he learned from his mistakes from the two earlier movies.

The narrative that Lucas had brought nothing good to Star Wars is a very tempting one for those wanting to paint a black-and-white picture of the world.

Look at The Force Awakens. It was written by one of the OT writers and the movie still turned out nothing more than a mere shallow imitation of ANH.

I didn't say he didn't contribute to it. But if it had been released the way he wanted it edited no one would have watched that shit. The summer blockbuster never would have been invented. And sorcerer would have the recognition it deserves.

Search your feelings user.

The way he wanted it? Well he did get the way he wanted because he was still the director and ultimately had the last call on what was going in or not. A movie being saved in editing isn't an odd thing. That's what editing is for.

everyone goes on about how lucas is a retard but let's be honest, the guy is a genius.

Ah, the "George was always a hack" maymay.

Instant pleb finder.

She divorced with George.

> He knows that anything he attempts that isn't Star Wars will bomb and be critically panned
> Indiana Jones I-III

no

>cherrypicking infograms
Everytime. Also,
5>4>6>>>>>buffalo diarrhea>7>any anime ever>>>>>>>>>=2

>what is George Orwells "1984"

Lucas is quite skilled in Hacking. pity you havent read any of the books he ripped off.

>what is George Orwells "1984"
A book.
Film is a visual medium.
You did a deeper hole with every post, my embryonic friend.