Best Movies of 2017

I shall start

the poster is fucking great

Baby Driver by Edgar Wright

Mute by Duncan Jones

War Machine by David Michod

Saw this at TIFF. Easily Wheatleys worst to date. It seems like he tried to combat the mixed reception to High Rise by making a super accessible movie. It's like one of those 90s Tarantino clones that came out after Reservoir dogs and pulp fiction . Still an enjoyable movie but Wheatley can do far better.

The Snowman by Tomas Alfredson

>ITT: Reddit prevails
It's disgusting.

Downsizing by Alexander Payne

Untitled Fashion Movie by Paul Thomas Anderson

Untitled Movie by Darren Aronofsky

The Legacy of a Whitetail Deerhunter by Jody Hill

user by Andrew Niccol

what the fuck is this

>user is set in a near-future world where there is no privacy, ignorance or anonymity. Our private memories are recorded and crime almost ceases to exist. In trying to solve a series of unsolved murders, SAL FRIELAND (Owen) stumbles onto a young woman (Seyfried) who appears to have subverted the system and disappeared. She has no identity, no history and no record. Sal realizes it may not be the end of crime but the beginning. Known only as THE GIRL, Sal must find her before he becomes the next victim. Written by Andrew Niccol

Stars: Clive Owen, Amanda Seyfried, Colm Feore

Isn't this Mallick flick that has been made like more than a decade ago going to be released in 2017?

It's objectively Weightless by Malick

Is this the year Hollywood starts paying graphic designers again?

What the fuck, so the whole Gleeson household are actors now? Granted Brendan is iconic and Domhnall is a fairly capable actor himself, Brian looks like a tall ginger hobbit who can only manage a few lines.

>It's like one of those 90s Tarantino clones that came out after Reservoir dogs and pulp fiction.
I'm sold.

What are some other movies in this genre? I know Boondock Saints and Lucky # Slevin are in there (I'm yet to see both).

Can you name me a couple? Sounds interesting.

this is 2016

>JLaw

oh god Aronofsky I hope you fucking know what you're doing, we don't need another Noah

This is the most hyped I've been about a movie since 2013. I can't wait for this.
I have no idea what this is going to be about, but Hill+McBride=kino

Mcfucking kill yourself

Limited release on dec 31st kikery doesnt count

Hell or Highwater was a masterpiece.

KINO
I
N
O

>movies of 2017

Wtf that sounds fantastic. How will they fuck it up?

I love Wheatley, but the trailer for this looks pretty underwhelming. Also it seems really obvious that Cillian Murphy is going to die early on because he's barely in the trailer after the first 30 seconds.

Every director should be allowed to piss off and do something light once in a while.

drive 2 lets go

I have a feeling it's going to be a parody of films like Drive. I hope I'm wrong and it's Wright's first serious movie. Although, a parody of the retro indie style of this decade has potential.

Please tell me this is an adaptation of the Jo Nesbo novel with Fassbender as the protagonist, because I said like five years ago he would be great in that role.

Are you guys seriously not aware of those? Things to do in Denver when you're dead is probably the worst one, most of them are simply not good unless you like wannabe edgy schlock, Amores Perros is probably the best one out of them all. If you want to see another good movie with semi really but no really related ties to Tarantino(that he ripped off almost entirely) just watch City on Fire