The Dwarves of Demrel

Who's ready for some Dwarf Kino in an original fantasy setting

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ymQm7OM4asw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sC9abcLLQpI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Looks pretty decent.

Interesting premise.

Only complaint is I have to wait half a year to get to see it.

I'm just glad they're not Tolkienesque dwarves

>Dorf Fortress the movie

Neat. So the chick in the mask, that's a goblin right?

>no females
>no black people
>no asians
>no gay characters
>no white guy villain

WTF ARE THEY DOING????

what, bearded people who live underground and talk in gruff voices? nah they seem to have avoided that cliche

i feel the mountain

This looks pretty kinographic. Will watch.

>no females
That thing in the mask at the end looked pretty female.
Also one of the dwarfs says "we need her" so there ought be a female.
Unless he was referring to his favorite pick-axe or something.

seams really good

I'm not a traditional fantasy guy but this looks like it could be p good.

So is it a safe guess that she is black too? Its like they have some checklist and they need to fill quota of the minorities.

But will they pull the lever

She is a human who owns the mine and has to wear that mask because human lungs arent made for deep-earth exploring.

its all on the kickstarter page.

Spoiler

In the info graphics the production team provides on their website it mentions how the humans have finally developed that gas mask to allow them to go into the mines with the dwarves. So it seems like it's a safe bet she needs it to breathe and we'll never see what she looks like under it

Why would you assume that, because it would upset you the most? What the fuck kind of logic is that? What's wrong with you?

are you telling me they casted a bitch and told her to never take off the bag/mask from her face? Nigga you trippin

I just watched this shit and assumed the rule of casting people. Make it diverse as possible even if it pointless.
youtube.com/watch?v=sC9abcLLQpI

That's exactly what I'm telling you.

These niggas are for real with their dwarf fortress movie

well i hope so, hm

Steampunk horror fantasy Dwarf Fortress movie with practical sets and effects? Sounds pretty good to me

It could be possible. I mean certainly it's not impossible to find some female actress willing to wear a mask at all time.
Also if the character never takes off the mask anyway then you could just have some wimpy guy in there pretending to be a girl.

dat claustrophobia feel

>how come different movies in different contexts have different people in them
>I am so focused on contriving some capacity in which everything is a conspiracy that I have become retarded completely

Hobbit didn't have a context for pushing shitskins everywhere. And in what context Heimdallr from Thor became black? In the context of stupid agenda of political correctnes.

>Who would ever want to talk about a film? I've got to discuss how many blacks a movie is going to have at any given opportunity

She's the Weyland Yutani agent of the movie, looking out for the corporate interests.

Are dwarves the comfiest fictional race?

Essentially

Second only to halflings.

Cool.

But make up looks like shit, the beards look fake as fuck and the actors don't look like they go underground much, with soft skins and all. Outside of that, looks cool.

kek

>The Descent feat The Hobbit
whos idea was this? That camera work and acting doesn't give me hope. Seems really low budget.

It is. It's a small studio working on an under a million budget. Of course, that might be a good thing. No big name company would dare try something straying this far from the mold.

>can't differentiate female dwarf from male

>when you realizeThe Descent is just Deliverance ft. Girls and shitty monsters
I don't see these dwarves going on a camping trip

Looks interesting I'll be looking forward to this.
It has been too long since we had a fantasy movie like this coming out.

this look bretty gud actually and like I'm not super into traditional fantasy either. I was worried that there was no upcoming movies that interested me but this offers me a glimmer of hope, thank you OP. It's getting a general theatrical release then or being that it's independent will I have to stream it?

>we want the Dwarf Fortress audience

not even sure what this is, but it looks like "descent" with dwarves, i.e., dwarves spelunking in dark caverns .

I wonder if Urist will make a cameo

>americans in charge of writing
>I hear tapping
>IMMA BLAST MAH WAI FRU

They said they're trying to get some theatrical releases, but it's currently just streaming.

Also they said if it does well they already have plans to do a prequel movie about orcs

Looks really cheap.

stop shilling, you've made like 2-3 threads in the last 24 hours

>"""""kino""""
fuck off

This is the first one I made, but I did see the other ones

A Naked-mole-rat-man

one dwarF
two dwarVes

explain pls

>dark cold narrow cave
>comfy