Monster Madness SUCKS

So glad this is the last one.
Monster Madness is such shit.

>this happens
>then this happens
>then this
>I recommend it!

every single episode.

No insight or opinions on the scenes, just straight up transcribing whats happening.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_IR_96c7yVM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

James is a pleb. Everyone knows this. He prefers Godzilla 1998 to the 2014 version

So don't watch it you huge fucking baby, geez.

I bet you enjoy the films of James Rolfe.

>He prefers Godzilla 1998 to the 2014 version

And? Both are garbage anyway.

>liking ANY godzilla

I hope he didn't blow all of his YT money on that piece of shit movie he made because he's going to need it. Rolfe is done as a youtuber

those are the decent episodes though
the really shit ones are the ones where he and Mike awkwardly talk for 15 minutes

>No insight or opinions on the scenes, just straight up transcribing whats happening
that's internet comedy reviewers in a nutshell though

>not loving Godzilla vs Megalon

He loves the genre and gives good insights, but prolongs the reviews with his descriptions. I'm glad he's decided to end it instead of prolonging it, but will miss always watching them around October

nobody on this board is old enough to have seen or know about most of the movies he talks about though. I like the descriptions, you should kill yourself.

Don't joke about suicide you piece of shit.

Reported

I hate he doesn't use movie clips anymore, the reviews are boring and awkward because of it and you don't really get a feel of the movie. If he wanted to upload them to jewtube so badly he should have made two versions, one without clips for youtube and one with clips for his website.

Also I really don't buy the "it takes me an entire year to make Monster Madness". There's literally no reason why it would take him so long, the editing is basic, and it's not like he makes an in depth analysis about the movies, he basically just retells the plot.

His Monkey Shines review is fucking vintage James though.

youtube.com/watch?v=_IR_96c7yVM

James is the best though

This.

James is the man. Literally /ourguy/.

What is the best AVGN episode though?

Little Red Hood.

wow dude hella f*ckin epic refernce xD

Friday The 13th
Freddy
Frakenstein
All the spooky ones with skits

stop buying him.
he's literally /myguy/

OP here, I really don't want to hurt james feelings, but seriously, what he's doing is not okay.

Just telling the whole plot of a movie is not fucking good entertainment. Step up your content Mr. Rolfe, or feel the wrath of my Cred Forums threads up your butt

he was never good at reviews or actually putting into words something coherent

he was only ever good as the goofy nerd who made corny jokes but one day he made the mistake of taking himself seriously

also he's a unabashed microsoft shill so any integrity he may have had is gone

This. He used to be quite insightful, especially the two sequel a thon years, but this year has been a pathetic display, especially since this is the final year.

>he's a unabashed microsoft shill

lolwut

oh yeah he just loves the xbox1 and its his main platform of choice

c'mon now

Check out the Action Max video.

Fester's Quest

Think you mean Mike is the microsoft shill.
Remember that episode where hes at mikes house and ask what the fuck is this shit on behind him?

>mike: oh thats just my xbox one(tm)!
>mike: I've secretly been funded by microsoft to shill without giving you a damn penny james, now back to playing this shitty nes game

Fuck U James is the best review ever

Agreed

>that video where james asks how can apes exist today if we evolved from them

That was at mikes house, and james didnt even know what it was! You can see him pause for a moment and be like "is this nigger being sponsored under my nose?"

I hope that didn't happen.

No, that part was clearly scripted so Mike could mention the branding. The guilty soulless look on James's face straight afterwards says it all.

Fuck off tumblr cuck

I guess that could also be whats happening, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

it's fucking GARBAGE. last year was 10 times better, loved the little chats with him and Mike reviewing. This years "reviews" are amateur crap that look like there was no effort involved.. and he says MM takes up too much time, fuck off. How are you going to cancel your most anticipated content which your fans adore? dude is ungrateful and i hope his future endeavours bomb, just like his shitty movie.

i still love the guy, but why the fuck would he do this, and to have Monster Madness go out like a chump is un-fucking forgivable

I feel like the reviews have been building up though

They've been getting longer and longer

I actually enjoy almost every single skit he has done for cinemassacre.

I wish he would just focus on making short films, hes probably scared of rejection now that his movie came out, but he needs to move forward

those were comfy as fuck, and they actually gave their opinions, do you have ADD or something?

yeah its weird shit like this is still watchable even though i probably seen it like 3 times already while i cant watch the new ones because its so fucking boring.

Not him, but I hated those because mike didnt actually recently watch most or any of the movies hes reviewing.

Every other review: " well I haven't seen this in 25 years but... he's my opinion anyway..."

It wasn't always shit. He's just run out of steam.

To be frank he ran out of steam a few years back. Glad he's retiring it.

I get my manchild pleb fix for this sort of stuff from Good Bad Flicks now.

I know AVGN movie sucked, but I think it's time James tried to step up to the next rung.

imo i feel like he lost motivation to make them. the quality of this years really shows that.

The title screens probably take up more time than the actual episode content. Still, if he's busy with other stuff, each entry is going to take a days work.

It feels like he's doing this because he won't get another chance to do it.

The 6 or so were good but this time around ya its a little bland. Still ok to watch though since they dont take up that much time.

But he also has Mike to help him. He should spend less time making those shitty livestreams of old shitty games, and more time making the actual good content their brand is known for.

What other stuff. All he ever uploads are J&M Mondays which Mike edits. He releases an AVGN episode once every three months or so. The dude is just lazy as fuck with no work ethic.

>yfw mike has taken over

>Mike and james play
>Mike and Bootsy play
>Mike and ryan play
>Mike Livestreams
>PC reviews with mike and ryan

I don't think Mike does anything with production.

But yes, I'd like to see James and RLM "step up" now. Leave the more amateurish stuff to guys like Cecil at GBF.

I don't even mean features, but more frequent, quality plinkets and BOTW with gues stars etc, or for James more intensive and well done Monster Madnesses, retro game history and reviews and shorts/features.

Otherwise they grow stale.

Mike edits most of the monster madness stuff, believe it or not and all the J&M stuff.

Ryan is so much better than all of them. James should just demote himself to an ocassional guest and have Ryan take over the site. He's so much smarter and wittier.

Hi Ryan.
Lose some weight, porky

Hi Patton.

Okay...Then. Shit. I don't know what James's excuse is.

bump

>it's a "OP wants every film reviewer to be like his favorite reddit show, Half in the Bag"-episode

>it's a user wants james rolfe to die in obscurity by releasing garbage content episode

I agree, Also what is with the stupid fucking outro on each episode?

Ok that it's, meme off, bro!

I just cant compete

I'm beat

Dark Castle, Castlevania marathon, or Dragons Lair.

You put up a valiant effort, rip.

so do I. I found the 98 version to be more of a fun adventure film sort of like a Marvel movie. 2014 would be like BvS or something. Anyway, I don't really give a shit about godzilla though.

No he doesn't.

>No insight or opinions on the scenes
Except he does? Have you missed every single episode? Hell he even has 2 episodes so far dedicated to ranking his favourite horror movies of a specific era.

Castlevania series 4-part review, every console review, particularly Sega CD/32X.

>, loved the little chats with him and Mike reviewing
But those were the worst, it was just them improvising and having no idea what to say, the scripted ones are much better.

In fact people hated them around here and claimed James had jumped the shark.

He's way too fat and disgusting, not appropriate at all. His videos are the least watched in the channel.

This. I want to get a general feel about the movie.
With few still pics it is impossible to do.

I still don't understand why he's hanging out with them in the first place. There's James the Nerd, Motherfucking Mike, Badass Bootsy, and all of sudden they introduce Ryan like

>I'm here with Ryan... Today we're playing

???

Holy shit, are you retarded guys?
They even tell in next video, it was irony. They have this new console and big tv, but playing old crappy console.

>Ryan
>Typical fat nerd hipster
>much better than anyone
Lolwut?

He's the PC gamer (and also their website manager or some shit)

Basically he brought them into the modern age of gaming, trying to make cinemassacre relevant.

fuck you monster madness is comfy

>he
He isn't. And he isn;t a pc gamer, just indie shit gamer.
It is mike who done all pc shit and new format videos.

Before ryan came around they didn't do a single modern PC game review.

And he works for screenwave media, who works with cinemassacre

Well yeah, almost every pc game review they do with ryan - paid content from game companies.

Yeah, all the new games they review are shill videos, I barely make it through them.

Every single time:
>"This games is great, and could possibly be the greatest game in years with a few tweaks"!

kek gtfo mr normie

go on then

suck his cock and slurp that sperm

telling part of the plot would be kind of silly i mean no one is going to go an actually watch these shitty black and white movies

>try to watch white zombie because i love the band
>fall asleep

I love James, he did very well as web 2.0 stylings took off, but his format and steam (particularly as his movie got serious to him) just took him out of the game while youtube and home productions took major strides. He never grew his team, never made a strides in scripting (his jokes suck), his production was late on tech upgrades, and it seems he was always limited to his basement for space on any site project. It seems like he's always had some day job and his relationships to run. At least he diversified with things he loved with classic horror and scifi. But now games and movie reviewers are a dime a dozen. Even groups to seek to specifically do reviews of bad things. He got his foot in early but didn't keep stride. And now sponsored/patreoned groups make him look bad by comparison with higher production value and time dedication, even if they cover even more braindead subjects.

I hope James finds a new project to run, or join another web team and get the fuck outta' Philly.

Well he did try forming shows like "overanalyzers" and such. Not really sure why he quit doing that show.

I agree he dropped the ball on all fronts.
He needed someone in there earlier helping him step into the future of the internet.

All things considered though, at least he's not the Irate Gamer. Who somehow now only has 160k subscribers. Guess youtube finally deleted all his botted subs to reveal his real numbers.

Anyone have the pic of Mike and Ryan where Ryan looks like a greasy mess that's at death's door?

Overanalyzers was terrible, especially that one lady who could barely speak english; not counting the production values, that was like some Manic Expression shit.

I never even knew he tried launching a new segment. His plugs and site design could use a retolling. Singe back the giant list of old videos.

>especially that one lady who could barely speak english

That was a fake russian accent she was putting on, but yeah.

I didn't mind her because I wanted to titty fuck her nipples off.

His website is a clusterfuck.
They have so much content, and want to display all of that shit at once for maximum viewage.

>"overanalyzers" and such. Not really sure why he quit doing that show.
Because it was terrible.
And not his idea. And created in time ms. nerd wanted more diverse content on their site.
You just saw, it was a women show from the start.

Okay here, I lied. I looked it up and watched one. Back to forgetting that.

>overanalyzers

A better name would have helped.

It's ironic that I much prefer watching any of the older material James put out than any of the newer stuff, although I always catch the latest AVGN. He became what he was to me.

>spoony has less subscribers than irategamer, AFTER irates subscribers were purged

kek, fucking failure.
>DUDE I'll JUST USE BLIP FOREVER
>OH SHIT, WAIT, THAT WAS A BAD IDEA
>FUCK NOW I HAVE NO SUBS

What's blip?

I didn't think it was THAT bad, at the time.
It was nice to get different content.

A video hosting service.
People like dumbass spoony used it on his website for maximum sheckles from advertisers, instead of growing his sub count on youtube.

>8 years and only 100k+ subscribers
kek

Are you a woman?
It was pure shit.
Unfunny and painful to watch.

>Camera wobbles and optical zooms past the speaker's shoulder

the old ones have video scenes, the new ones are just him staring at you talking with a few screencaps in the corner

The reason James is using still images this year is because of Youtube's draconian copyright restrictions. Actual video is off limits but images aren't. You'll notice he uploaded, to Youtube, his old Super Mario Bros movie review and all the footage was replaced with screenshots instead. This might be why this is the last Monster Madness to begin with.

>Youtube's draconian copyright restrictions.
>movies from 1920s
>some even public domain
Yeah right. He also have his site.

Whats the episode where fans created and submitted the transcript for the whole episode - then james read it and does a review using their words.

That one is hilarious.

why didnt he just post it on cinemassacre then? he could have just made a few short youtube videos saying "hey go to my website monster madness is there" and not put out screenshot garbage

Yet redlettermedia have no issues uploading clips of old movies...

youre making me want to rewatch avgn again and ive seen every episode at least 3 times

Because hosting on your own site is a massive undertaking. It's hard to structure and hard on bandwidth. Even if you cut and paste the script of your site, video requires more custom input. It's much more practical to use an outside service with a simple plugin box.

but he did it for years so why not anymore

I just went to cinemassacre and hes planning a halloween and christmas avgn episode. halloween episode should be out soon and im excited

new mike and bootsy just released

Youtube monetizing & copyright protections are largely automatic and only started what, 2/3 years ago? That is a fair bit after AVGN updates heavily slowed down and his movie production ramped up. The Nerd hasn't been much for stirring the pot, where as a few more eloquent and/or loud mouthed youtubers are able to fend off hard take towns with good reasoning, occasional lawyer input, or pure trickery (IE: Jim Sterling putting irrelevant clips from multiple active claimant companies so no one company wins)

That's my issue too. Although somebody should've told him he can get away with using clips because of fair use. He's just reviewing the movie, not showing the whole thing.

He also pulls decent views, the money needed would put him on the street

Fuck off underage

did I grab your boi pucci to hard?

Nintendo peripherals

Someone translate, I don't speak retard

>last one
what

I like marathoning it in October. It gets me in the spirit of the season, and it's basically like watching the cliffs notes version of the movie. I have no desire to watch all the Nightmare on Elm Street movies, for example, but running through them real quick in the MM Sequel-a-thon is fine. Also, spending an evening running through the entire Godzilla-thon is pure comfy.

I will agree that he's phoning it in big time this year though, but at least he's hit all the major points in previous years.

Swordquest

The most annoying part for me is that he only uses still images from the films rather than video clips, which in itself makes his stuff boring and down right unpalatable.

this is the final 31 day monster madness.
it's going to end/ be cut down to a few reviews from now on

FUCK

No he doesn't. He just thinks people blow how great it is way out of proportion because it's more faithful than the 98 one and he's absolutely correct because 2014 sucked a load of hot erect feminine cock.

I guess what I find funny about all you cucks hating on James Rolfe is that he doesn't give a shit. He actually just enjoys releasing and filming things and could really give no shits about what a bunch of fags on Cred Forums think. I think that's why I like him so much is his disconnection with feedback. Regardless of what we say hes always going to release content good or bad and always have since he was a teenager.

I liked last years finale when he did a commentary on night of the living dead. I hope he caps of this year with another one.

This was especially telling from how he completely ignored the SJW-backlash from the neo-Ghostbusters video. Based.

He was only able to ignore it and not cave because Cred Forums came to his rescue

That was in 2013, user.

Did it take James all year to do 31 five minute reviews where he sits at a desk talking?

The entire rest of his Youtube channel is full of shitty Lets Plays with that asshole Mike.

But he had to watch all the movies first user! that's a total of 62 whole hours out of the year if each movie is 2 hours long

>if each movie is 2 hours long
>old horror movies
More like 1:20

I rounded up because it literally makes no difference. 62 hours is nothing.

It's not like he's writing a real review script for all of these. He's just telling he whole plot of them.

He really fucked up the finale of this show being a lazy cunt

This is the problem with this year. Monster Madness should focus on the movies, not James. The Monkey Shines vid is a great example because even if for some reason you don't agree with the commentary, you still get to watch the clips from the movie yourself and judge it accordingly. It makes every video unique because the movie itself is the spotlight.

This year, it's just James at his most awkward talking in a chair. No music, no attempts at humor beyond James making "funny" faces, no clips, and no critical analysis. Monster Madness vids have been criticized in the past for just being IMDb synopses in video form, but at least they have clips from the movies to act as a "best of" compilation. Now it's completely worthless. This Monster Madness is even worse than last year, because even with 2015's dreadful James & Mike discussion, every other day you still got a video with James narrating over video footage.

At least James is smart enough to end the series, but he should have stopped after 2014 with Sequel-A-Thon 2. That would have made for a completely solid series, with only 80s-A-Thon being known as "that one weak year".

people really watch some random le nerdy guy talk about movies?

>muricans

I'm amazed that so many people watch videos of people doing shit like playing games or talking about movies/TV shows.

who that bitch

Is he our guy?

>overanalyzers
I've been a big James fan for many years and this is my first time hearing about this

On my soul ever since October 1st this year l, I shake my head atleast once a day thinking about how he fucked up. The shii with Mike last year I excused, but this was the last one and he ruined it. And I'm tired of all these dickriders acting like it's cool and claiming it's the best marathon yet. Might as well do AVGN but with no gameplay. Just show screenshots and explain the glitches to us..see how fun that shii would be. Fuckin Sellout. Someone needs to show him this thread

He thinks the remakes of The Fly and The Thing are shallow and don't offer much except for special effects.

>tfw you have encyclopedic information on james rolfe

where did it all go so wrong

Sequel A Thon 2 was so good

Top Ten Tuesdays are the saving grace of Monster Madness X.

It hasnt been mentioned on Cred Forums for years im sure or barely at all

Doesn't he have a Patreon? If Spoony still makes $1000 a month, surely James would be able to pull a lot more. He has a solid fanbase, people that started following him as kids now hoave jobs so I don't think they would mind dropping a few bucks so he can make good content again.

Nah dude, don't take things out of context. Hes just saying that the originals often get way overlooked and that he enjoys the story telling of the originals.

James is getting older, like we all will. His sense of humor and what he deems as entertainment have changed over the years, and he's done a pretty good job of avoiding the crime of repeating old, stale characters and jokes just for the fanboys.
Yeah, he's not as entertaining as he used to be, but his old self would be tired and played out by todays standards, and he seems to realize that.

James is, honestly, a bit of a simpleton. But that's why I like watching him. He isnt broken and jaded like most of us are. He enjoys the films for what they are, without any trace of cynicism...

I wish I could do that...

>It's a Ryan video

>ryan making mike play all those flavor of the month game
>doing sponsored shit
He is a fucking cancer to the site

Ghostbusters and Action 52

JUST

>Get free content for 10 years
>Complain about it

Why are americans so obsessed with halloween?

>watching unfunny, mush-mouthed monogloids from the midwest

but james is a new joisey guy

What is that gargoyle/dragon thing at the end of each video from? Anyone know?

Because it's fucking awesome.

DUDE THREE MINUTE LONG "REVIEWS" LMAO
DUDE LET ME SHALLOWLY JUST DESCRIBE WHAT HAPPENS INSTEAD OF AN ACTUAL REVIEW LMAO

holy fuck james is such a hack nigger

He also prefers Batman 1989 to the Dark Knight, he's a turbopleb.

Talk About Games videos are great and Ryan seems like a nice guy, stop being such pricks.

>2016
>monster madness sucks
>games suck
>movies suck
>everything fucking sucks
At least we are getting VR

He makes a solid living from youtube, but yeah he wasted a lot of money on that piece of shit. Apparently he put nearly $400k of his own money into it.

The thing is, last year he got many complaints from shitty fans who were complaining about the chats with Mike, and they were saying that Mike was in too many videos and thought he was taking over the channel. So maybe James got worried and made it more traditional this year.

>that video where Jontron says that Star Wars Episode 1 was the best one out of the prequels and James goes all quiet and autistic because he disagrees and the rest of the video seems really awkward

how did that piece of shit even cost that much? That was his own money, not including the crowd funding or whatever funding he got elsewhere

anything including and before Atari Sports

I'm sick of all the videos with Bootsy, he's so fucking boring. Being really good at playing games doesn't make you a good youtube personality.

There were a lot of practical effects in the film and apparently it went over budget. And he had the pay the other actors in the film. Apparently it ended up costing over $1million, and that's why he ended up doing the e-begging crowdfunding thing.

he could've made that film so much better and so much more efficiently though. The way he spent the money was retarded, especially considering it was his first feature length movie, he probably had no idea how to actually make a film

He also had to pay an editor cos he was struggling with post-production and getting the film finished.

I have a feeling that he never wanted some of the other actors, the black guy and the girl especially, but he let his wife be a co-producer and she interfered with the storyline etc. I honestly think that the film we saw wasn't James' original vision of what he wanted it to be.

Action 52
Wizard of the Oz is severly underrated

You have to be a group youtube likes.
Because those vids were uneatchable.

have any of you watched any of the movies hes talked about so far?

I just watched the incredible shrinking man, loved it

Fuck off, retard

No he doesn't? Fuck off .

Selecting between the video categories just needs to be more robust. Scrolling down the page and waiting the website to generate the next 15 or so videos is a pain in the ass. You should be able to alter the order of the videos by date and alphabet. Needs to be more category options too.

that user is a liar.
theres no proof he used any of his money.

The problem is that, at this point, James has already reviewed all of the movies he actually gives a shit about.

So all he's left with now are the filler movies that he thinks are "good enough".

Redlettermedia videos arn't on a set schedule. They can upload the review as unlisted, wait a few days to see if there's any copyright issues, and make edits or dispute the claims accordingly before making them public.

That is much harder to do when you're expected to have a new video out every single day of the month.

>He was only able to ignore it and not cave because Cred Forums came to his rescue

Whatever it takes, fuckface.

James rolfe being prosecuted by media shills was one of the few times that all of Cred Forums came together as one to rape some ass.

Honestly, that whole ordeal was really heartwarming in the end.

Despite all the shit-talk James has received from this board, when the chips were down, Cred Forums was behind him 100%. He really is /ourguy/.

Couldn't have said it better

>he liked the 2014 Godzilla

Yeah, saw one this year, wasn't into it.

Must be all this copyright bullshit. James can't use footage or music from these movies, so he uses still images.

Same reason why Doug's Disneycembers from the past two years were steamy shit soup.

What happened to AVGN? Why did did he stop making the only the only thing worth watching on his channel and let that unfunny asshole Mike take over?

Do you somehow think that James can't do the same thing? He works on prepping Monster Madness all year. He's not literally editing a video the day he's supposed to post it.

Eh, Cred Forums wasn't so much behind James as much as they were against SJWs.

its everywhere around the world, chum

Did you get lost on the way to Reddit?

How is that rape accusation going, my friend?

Ep 100, the R.O.B. one.

>VR
It sucks

>2014 is a better movie

They're both pretty bad but holy shit dude

>Batman will never be this scary again

Why live?

Bugs bunny Birthday Blowout

2014 was a mixed bag and overall a disappointment but there are sequences of "true kino" that blow away anything in the 90s movie.