This is the modern state of film criticism

This is the modern state of film criticism.

Other urls found in this thread:

siskelandebert.org/video/Y3M1AN2K96YY/12-Monkees--From-Dusk-Till-Dawn--Eye-For-An-Eye-1996
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semantic_change
theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2014/11/charlie-brown-feel-good-edition-good-grief/382887/
youtube.com/watch?v=XY1iBuKmktM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozilla#Eich_CEO_promotion_controversy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Perlmutter
youtube.com/watch?v=0t7PnrelFdY&index=38&list=PL5p1p63m0oodT3EnSuW_9Z8zhmN2J4-3J
youtube.com/watch?v=EmBXNE8gZvI&index=36&list=PL5p1p63m0oodT3EnSuW_9Z8zhmN2J4-3J
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/1470793875762.jpg/
theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2014/06/why-it-is-a-bad-thing-that-orange-is-the-new-black-leaves-men-out/373682/#article-comments
youtube.com/watch?v=H44AtGd_uCQ
abc.net.au/religion/articles/2012/04/17/3478816.htm
mitpress.mit.edu/books/puppet-and-dwarf
openculture.com/2013/11/slavoj-zizek-on-atheism.html
plato.stanford.edu/entries/baudrillard/
electronicbookreview.com/thread/endconstruction/heretical
salon.com/writer/noah_berlatsky/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empire_(1964_film)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanticism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Megan

LOL

wew

Why are plebs pretending to care about film criticism now?

For years you iqlets called Brody and White pretentious and anyone that agreed with them hipsters. Has your taste film improved now or are you still the tasteless drones you were when you cried hipster and that fun should be allowed since film is supposed to be """entertainment"""

or is this another excuse to shitpost and stay away from developing better taste again?

based Stephanie

but Armond loves BvS

The gender of peace strikes again

Can't dime the Time.

when is the nu-male genocide?

what could she have possibly mean by this?

What did she mean by this?

she's just mad because she has no eyebrows and looks like a clown

?????

siskelandebert.org/video/Y3M1AN2K96YY/12-Monkees--From-Dusk-Till-Dawn--Eye-For-An-Eye-1996

skip to 14:13 and hear Siskel BTFO Ebert because of SJW shit in the 90s

>that red lipstick

Amy Nicholson is a terrible reviewer who makes everything about identity politics and also probably has a penis

>random mention of Donald Trump for virtue signalling points
Liberal genocide when?

You think that's bad?

Look at the reviews for London Has Fallen.

It's fucking laughable how obsessed the cucks are with Trump.

I know.
Please burgers, put the absolute madman in the white house.

>random mention of someone virtue signaling to get virtue signaling points.

alt-right genocide when?

>virtue-signaling

I don't think you understand what that term means.

Are you getting mad that a thread about film-criticism has people talking about film-criticism in it?

My mentioning him is relevant to the thread.
His mentioning of le big bad Drumpfff wasn't relevant to the movie.

Besides
>alt-right
Kys, cuck.

>Cera
>GOAT
In what world?

you go ahead and genocide each and every person who unironically calls themselves "alt-right"

meanwhile those of us normal right leaning folk will continue to fight the hordes of progressives and cucks before they allow entire countries to collapse in on themselves under the weight of all their tolerance and understanding

BROBABIEZ

I'm with you user. SJWs & Alt-righters are just different sorts of the same cancer. Fuck all of them.

"alt-right" was nothing but a divide and conquer scheme to make 'moderate' right leaning people disagree with things the 'alt-right' asserts.

It's just as fucking stupid as the Aryan vs. Anglo shit that was being pushed for so long. Nobody self identified as "alt-right" until it became a fun meme to make fun of the people who coined the term. And then the usual phone game shit happens and people think that it's how the entire site identifies and always has

We're done as a species as long as information keeps flowing the way it is, there is almost no certain way to know if something is fact or fiction anymore as there could easily be equally compelling evidence for each side, and you then have no idea what evidence is true or not.

We're done.

>MTV
>Top Critic

I don't get it. That's a really common way to spell that name.

>This is what the Atlantic has come to

That's retarded and so are you.

Cred Forums gives disproportionate credit to non-mainstream things just because they're not mainstream and can never formulate an argument about why it's supposed to be better.

I've had this same conversation on Cred Forums a million times and on Cred Forums before the incident happend

>r.edditomatoes

Your timeline is off. Alt-right was an earnest term at first as a quick way to sum up an ideology of Iron Pill, neo-reactionary, anti-libertarian, and identitarian memes and ideologies. As soon as it gained traction it became a meme. Eternal Anglo started as a joke because Anglos have acted very Jewy across their history and, seemingly not-so-coincidentally, became a haven for Jews at some point in the middle. Then it became an ironic meme with
>BEADY
undertones and, again, as soon as it gained enough traction, people took it seriously and it became this post-post-ironic joke about shitty jokes. The thing to take away is that the divide-and-conquer stuff only comes into play once we start entering the mainstream, any manipulation of this place only becomes obvious then.

seth rogen is a qt tho

>(((Joshua Rothkopf)))

You have that backwards, Trumpsterfire.

>Born too late to explore the world
>Born too early to explore the galaxy
>Born just in time to join a leftist death squad and purge all basement-dwelling neo-Nazis in the name of God empress Hillary

What a time to be alive.

What the fuck is going on with Ty Burr?
>gives both movies the same score
>gives both movies a different rt rating
???

Jesus Christ Alan. Keep your dick in your pants and your fetishes to yourself.

Right after the neckbeard genocide

>Woman critic
>Internet critic
>RT

All together, the shittiest critic

>everything that I don't like is """liberal"""
End. This. Fucking. Meme.

You people are seriously just as bad as the SJWs and left-wing fascists. You can't even rightly identify centrists. YES, Liberalism is SYNONYMOUS with Centrism.

It is NOT LEFT-WING. STOP SAYING THAT IT IS.

Even if a left-winged retard calls themselves a "liberal", they are FUCKING LYING, HYPOCRITICAL LOSERS. LIKE THE FAR RIGHT IS JUST THE SAME.

None of these assholes really care about LIBERTY, or FREEDOM. They're AUTHORITARIAN FASCIST/COMMUNIST ANTI-HUMAN FUNDAMENTALIST SATANISTS.

These fucking people are just as bad as Donald Trump (and Hillary Clinton) who are OF THE SAME BREED AND STOCK.

So call people by WHAT THEY ARE. Or better yet: JUDGE THEM AS INDIVIDUALS. NOT AS CATEGORIES.

But anyways, know no one's gonna read this so bye. I hope you all and they too repent. And I'm sorry for saying all these f-words. God bless all of you.

I wonder what she's going to do now that her co-host is a rapist and she can't pretend associating professionally with garbage human beings is okay because Muh Feminism?

why would Trump be that upset? He's a billionaire who loves fame and is now about 100 times more famous with actual cult-like followers.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semantic_change

Go fuck yourself. You're right of course but go fuck yourself anyway.

His field is "acting the Micheal Cena character"?

>CTR can't even make their own bad memes. They have to culturally appropriate our bad memes

Sad!

Nice blog post

How can i become a ''critic'' and make money spouting buzzwords
Getting kinda tired of doing it for free here

1. be a liberal
2. be minority
3. apply at one of the RT approved websites

We've seized the memes of production. Next we're coming for your tendies.

None of those people are minorities tho

Kill yourself in an instant.

Never forget.

whoever made that retarded image is obviously a troll

Hey Mike

What was so racist about London has Fallen?

>virtue signalling
Someone explain this meme to me

Basically libcucks competing over who can be the most progressive.

Don't conservatives do the same?

Not that I know of.

IT'S NOT THE SAME

Have you seen Breitbart comments?

Yes, I've never thought of anything I saw there as virtue signaling. Could you give me an example of what you mean?

It's just embarrassing that movie reviews have become a platform for people to spout their political opinions where it isn't wanted or needed.

Go to any article not about Hillary Clinton or Trump and the comments always have some joke about Clinton (or Obama) and a plea to vote for Trump.

So Muslim terrorists are the enemy of the western world and we can't make them the bad guy in movies?

Its a conservative site. What do you expect.

Its different when a site that isn't about politics is nothing but liberal virtue signaling.

I've seen those comments in every article, I guess I just don't understand what you see in them as virtue signaling.

This.

And no surprise they're all liberals

Basically any time someone uses the word "cuck".

I still don't think you get the meaning of virtue signaling..... cuck.

>Grrr I really hate Drumpf! This movie/article/opinion is like Drumpf in movie/article/opinion form!
>Grrr I really hate Shillary! This movie/article/opinion is like Shillary in movie/article/opinion form!

That's okay with me..... shitposter.

Stay willfully ignorant like the sheep that you are......cuck.

I think if the nu-male is so self-loathing it reaches a point of comedy, then the effect of "nu-male" is lost to begin with. This is why i'm alright with Louis despite him being an absolute cuck. It's funny because he hates himself and he realizes how toxic and awful it is

Gamer here. Wow, I never realized how bad film journalism is.

Why don't you guys fight back like we did with GamerGate?

Isn't this about a Woody Allen movie? Or did they use the same quotes for both?

>Its different when a site that isn't about politics is nothing but liberal virtue signaling.
What about when a board that isn't about politics is nothing but conservative virtue signaling?

What does any of this have to do with virtue signaling?

I'm not even trying to be a dick, I sincerely just don't understand.

>Virtue signalling is the expression or promotion of viewpoints that are especially valued within a social group, especially when this is done primarily to enhance the social standing of the speaker.

>Gamer here. Wow, I never realized how bad film journalism is.
Maybe it's time to realize that journalism is just horrible today. Not just specific ones, all of it. Good luck changing it though.

Every one of her reviews is fucking cringey, I remember used the term "bro-babies" or some shit in her positive Ghostbusters review.
She's honestly the reason I stopped using rotten tomatoes, the fact that someone so clinically retarded can be a top critic is mindboggling.

Friendly reminder that the libcuck in this image was recently revealed to be an actual rapist from a girl who knew him in the past.

You have to go back.

>especially when this is done primarily to enhance the social standing of the speaker

This is the part I'm not seeing.

>caring about tumblrina's and feminists and nu-males on the internet

you're stooping to their level. they don't have any relevance if you don't give them any. they fade into the abyss of nu-criticism along with all of the others and their opinions are discarded, as they should be.

Just look at those tweets and their relevance.
>look how fucking retarded this guy is
>with his zero retweets or favorites, and nobody is supporting his retarded opinion
>wow aren't SJW's fucking cancer look how many people support this horrific viewpoint

I think the main issue with the alt-right and anti-SJW is how much they over-estimate the importance of these fucking idiots.People on the internet bitching about something doesn't reflect society as a whole

Because its only Cred Forumsedditors like you that think they're welcome here that care about it.

See

Are you really suggesting that if you go to a Trump rally and shout "Fuck Hillary" or "Paul Ryan is a cuckservative" you wouldn't be seen in a better light?

>if you go to a Trump rally

I'd be worried about getting fired if someone knew I was there. I love Trump, but I keep it quiet in real life.

Well it obviously depends on the environment where you're making those statements. If one of those RT critics said those things at a Trump rally or on a conservative website it wouldn't be virtue signalling, would it?

You can't be fired for your political preferences.

You can be fired for general incompetence though, which is what they fire you for if they can't legally fire you for what they really want to fire you for.

You should put OP or (You) in the empty space.

>Cred Forums will STILL take RT seriously after this

Oy vey

Trump rallies are an inherently political context. Certain views being more accepted in certain places by certain people is the entire basis for politics.
We were talking about plausibly "neutral" contexts.

We don't need to fight back. """""Journalists""""" like the man you are referencing there manage to rape their own way out of the business.

It's a woman's name

>He unironically uses the term "numale"

Not really. It seems like it's attacking it because it's too manly.

>I'm a classical liberal, like the founding fathers *tips*
Words change senpai. I get your point and I agree but modern liberals have taken the word.

Was that supposed to be a typo?

>The Atlantic

The fuck? I read that magazine.

No, Clint Eastwood, so it's automatically raping women and lynching niggers merely by existing.

More like a freudian slip.

Why would you expect better? It's just a low-rent version of the New Yorker with decent articles on subjects that isn't affects by its politics.

Wait what

Not that good of an example because all the movies there suck.

i have no respect for anyone who wants "serious" discussion on Cred Forums

Atlantic's been varying in quality but then in the last few years they've had some really shitty writers.

This is from the comments section of theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2014/11/charlie-brown-feel-good-edition-good-grief/382887/ where the author doubled down on his definition of Uncanny Valley.

There was nothing comfy about these reviews at all. It just makes me uncomfortable when they disagree.

I like this post

Woman's suffrage was a mistake.

>unironically identifying as a gamer

Jayzus Chroist jackeyboy

dam son

I'm just going to leave this right here

youtube.com/watch?v=XY1iBuKmktM

That's usually how it goes. Someone who's vocal about an insecurity is projecting something they're ashamed about.

its kind of like the plane scene in dark knight rises

numale actually is a good term because these men definitely do exhibit a pattern of physical appearance and behavior

pic related.

Some people like to call it beta face, but numale has a better political context.

but bvs and suicide squad are awful

first thought was "a woman wrote that" before even looking at the name

better watch out

Tiny Tim is gonna get you!

The bad guys are paki muslims and they are stopped by a fucking white male.
No one cares when the enemies are random Russians, Germans, Brits or Chinese.

Why don't you just answer the question faggot and not try to fit in?

confusing various types of men on this chart

pic related. Chart is never wrong

>or Chinese

I've always thought it was weird SJWs seem to have no problem being openly and dramatically racist against Asians.

Stop projecting.

How am I projecting? He was trying to make a point about what would be meant by virtue signalling and you evaded the question by saying whether or not you would go to such a rally. My reasoning was that you were trying to fit it by saying you "love Trump," because that's more socially acceptable on board than not doing so, apparently, but it doesn't address his point.

BvS were awful, and the only reason Ghostbusters wasn't dropped in the trash was because of all the feminism politics surrounding it.

Ghostbusters itself was mediocre at best. Not the worst movie I've ever seen, but was a very boring and unfunny "comedy" that would have been forgotten by the end of the week if not for, again. all the feminism politics around it.

youre literally the fucking problem

I don't remember the name that was given to the effect, but typically conservatives lie about what they think even in anonymized calls because they resend the backlash against them.

It is very rare to see a person IRL randomly bring up conservative opinions if they are not directly related to what is discussed. Compare that to the out-of-fucking-nowhere derogatory references to Trump among these film "critics". Just now some friend-of-a-friend posted some link to a John Oliver video on Trump on skype. In a group conversation about organizing online games.

These interventions serve of course no other functional purposes than proving you have the "correct" opinions.

punchable face/10

>SJWs & Alt-righters are just different sorts of the same cancer.

Every fucking thread.

Please be sure and come back when "Alt-righters" are the ones controlling congress, the media, academia, etc.

relevant

I hate this image. It is blatantly pro-right/has a far right-wing bias. It makes the left-wingers and the centrists look disgusting and the right-winger looks normal. This was done on purpose.

Also it's not about the """policies""", it's about how they ACT. It's about the PROCESS.

This image and others like it are trash.

>muh Palestine
What do they mean by this?

Cred Forums is pro-Israel/Zionist pure coincidence.

Not sure about SJWs tho.

What does "muh Palestine" actually mean?

>Muh simplified ms paint comics
Yup, you're completely right, those are the only two arguments used by the alt right and regressive left. Get a fuckin grip dude I think you'll find it's more
>KEK KEK KEK KEK
>BIGOT RACIST BIGOT RACIST

Not that I know of.

There really isn't a culture of "I'm MORE conservative than you!!!!" when it comes to Conservatives. Conservatism is a general label, not a goal, unlike liberals and their permanent state of revolution.

>Please be sure and come back when "Alt-righters" are the ones controlling congress, the media, academia, etc.
I'm back, what do you want?

yes, but Cred Forums is always right

This.

There's an older lady in my neighborhood who can't put her Trump bumper-sticker on her car because she doesn't want her car to get keyed and vandalized again.

If the same thing happened to, say, a car with a Hillary sticker on it, it would be labeled a "hate-crime".

The "tolerant" Left, everyone.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozilla#Eich_CEO_promotion_controversy

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Perlmutter

>signing a contract which allows your employer to fire you for no specified reasons
Cucks.

>an older lady
Someone keyed your shitty car and you needed to complain about it, huh?

The layout of Cred Forums, with no accounts, is not tailored for virtue signalling. At most you can try to force a meme.

Also Cred Forums bants is not really made for it. You'll get called a cuck faggot sissyboy even by people that agree with you.

Except perhaps for Glen Beck types, right wing people as a rule don't put as much "good feelings" associations to their ideologies. They often see themselves as right (as opposed to being wrong) rather than good (as opposed to evil). It gives less opportunity for virtue signalling.

Listen to the sayings such as "if you're not commie at 20 you have no hearth", "liberals are wrong for the right reasons but conservatives are right for the wrong reasons". Or even worse "better being wrong with Sartre than right with Aron", literally said by the most well known postwar French sociologist.
All of it posing some sort of moral excellence on typically leftist views, even when recognizing they are wrong.

>implying "muh rope day" and "muh outright censorship" are anywhere near the same

Another day another debate about movie critics. Anyone wants to join me for popcorn?

left wingers ARE disgusting
It is only physically & intellectually & morally disgusting people inhabitting the modern left.

How hard is it to understand that she was being sarcastic, and that by woman logic, she was implying that women generally don't want to fuck Mike Cernovich and that he was projecting ?

this post is virtue signaling to Trump fans, because they identify as an underdog group, the people who have to struggle against society

I guess. Sarcasm is difficult to communicate over text, especially something like Twitter. It's still makes for a funny screencap, especially with the cuck meme so prevalent.

>steroided dude bros
>Cred Forums
all this time I never realized I was alpha??

>visit /lit/
It's very possible, reddit just doesn't take anything seriously.

True. It's just funny considering that her husband was attacking Cernovich in the first tweet and also that Lauren Miller is a comedian.

she's the worst

Sarcasm usually doesn't work well in text form unless you can really pull it off well.

I think she shouldn't have the exclamation mark at the end. In that context she ends up making it look more like she's very enthusiastic about fucking Cernovich instead of making an angry sarcastic remark.

The magnificent seven was a great movie I agree. But
>nothing to do with Obama
>nothing to do with trump
>was very much anti corporation
>was very much anti corruption
>had strong male ideals

My only problem was they only killed the white men

You were projecting your own desire to fit in, now fuck off.

What's the alternative? Never have a job?

Why can't companies also have contracts that say "We can fire you if we find our you're gay?" Why is THAT illegal but this not?

Nope, and still didn't answer the question.

iktfm8.

I REALLY wanted to be that obnoxious guy with Trump stickers on his car ruining libcucks's day... But I also bought a new car and love how nice it looks...

>It is blatantly pro-right/has a far right-wing bias.

The guy on the right IS a centrist.

Or do you really think SJW-lites are "centrists" just because they've swing the Overton Window that far in the Left's direction?

Yep.

I think Lauren forgot to put a period or comma between "you" and "fuck"

No, it's funny because Seth Rogan is a cuck.

Care to explain why?

It's pretty clear she meant to type "wouldn't" and fucked up.

>tfw glasses

>because they identify as an underdog group, the people who have to struggle against society

But that's factually true.

Look at how shitty Leftists are treating Trump-supporters and facing zero legal ramifications.

youtube.com/watch?v=0t7PnrelFdY&index=38&list=PL5p1p63m0oodT3EnSuW_9Z8zhmN2J4-3J

youtube.com/watch?v=EmBXNE8gZvI&index=36&list=PL5p1p63m0oodT3EnSuW_9Z8zhmN2J4-3J

If Trump supporters ever did this shit, it would be labeled a "hate crime" and would be on the news/social-media for WEEKS.

Day of the rope soon, brother.

/lit/ is more /leftypol/ if anything. As is /his/.

You can tell from the shitty stale memes that they post (Stirner posting and Slovoj Zizek). That's why I worry about the future of Cred Forums

misplaced comma I think she intended it to be "Well she defiantly would, fuck you!"

Liberals, being disgusting nu-males, have decided that Trump, his supporters and anyone not left-wing are Alphas now, as "Alphas" represent the "toxic masculinity" they hate so much.

>m-muh CTR

Just don't get those thick black rims and you'll be fine.

Also, making even a mild attempt at working out goes a long way in distancing yourself from these cucks.

>This is how Trump supporters see themselves

>not wearing stylish ultra-lites

Nu-males wear thick-rims BECAUSE they are outdated and stupid-looking.

>portraying the queen as the kkk nazi frog

I can't believe this kind of thing is STILL happening in 2016...

This was made by an anti-Trump cartoonist dipshit

>horsey
>trump supporter

To be fair, it was confusing to us too.

That cartoon was drawn by an angry libshit trying to demonize Trump-supporters.

So apparently, no, it's how nu-males and Hillary-voters see Trump-supporters.

Did you miss that critical detail? Or is this just too complicated for you?

>That's why I worry about the future of Cred Forums
But Cred Forums was more /lit/ in the past

>Liberals are actually worse to Trump-supporters than Southern Whites were to black children attending previously white-only schools

How the times have changed.

A mark of intelligence is the ability to change your mind when given sufficient evidence. This writer has failed.

Horsey is a very left-wing cartoonist.

Like everyone else said, this means this is how leftists see Trump supporters.

I just wanted to rub it in your face some more.

I think the problem is that both sides are pedantic and annoying, so people mistake that annoyance with equivalence.

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/1470793875762.jpg/

literally a triggered nu-male

WOMEN WERE A MISTAKE

>tfw shit eyesight
>tfw wear slightly thick-rim glasses because they're the comfiest for my nose bridge
>tfw won't get contacts because they're uncomfortable as fuck and require too much maintenance

Yeah at this point Rotten Tomatoes is bigger joke than Cred Forums.
It's literally useful only to shitpost in capeshit threads.

/Lit/ is the best board on Cred Forums and it's solely due to the high entry level standards. That's why /film/ is a meme; only people who'd go there would be there to talk about old films that they actually have watched

It would be better without the Zizek and Striner posting.

>filename
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

THIS IS NOT OKAY.

I live in Stockholm, Sweden and half the people here have their own blog or twitter, politically active with some "quirky" hobbies. Bullying them anonymously is just our way to cope.

The fact that they are oversaturated doesn't mean they stop existing.

>I live in Stockholm, Sweden and half the people here have their own blog or twitter, politically active with some "quirky" hobbies
Truly, an enlightened and refined people.

Yes they do
Monkey see, monkey do

cucks can

This the behavior you expect from a small child not from an adult.

When can we finally retire "Left" and "Right" and go with "Globalist" and "Nationalist"?

This

Drown thyself, heretic.

>michael cena

I actually want to see this

What did he mean by this?

Yeah, some chick called Devin Faraci out as a rapist and Devin immediately rolled over and said "IF YOU SAID IT, OBVIOUSLY I DID IT! I'M A HORRIBLE WHITE MALE!" Then his website and circle of friends and co-workers went into lockdown.

That's a redneck, not a nu-male.

Because the American voting populous is borderline retarded. Left and Right are easy words to understand.

But Louis CK butts heads with SJWs all the time.

You should've seen the comments thread of his Atlantic article about how he thinks Orange is the New Black has portrays men negatively.

theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2014/06/why-it-is-a-bad-thing-that-orange-is-the-new-black-leaves-men-out/373682/#article-comments

For some reason he's writing for a lot of places, Playboy, Guardian, and others.

Why bother?

>The show is about WOMEN'S MINIMUM SECURITY PRISON.

lmao

TRUMP IS OBJECTIVELY MORE ENTERTAINING THAN SHILLARY

GET READY FOR PRESIDENT TRUMP

I'm hoping it happens just because SJW's will be in shambles. It'll be absolutely hilarious. Neither of these fuckwits is getting more than 1 term, if they even get that far, but the next 6 months should be entertaining.

This. Mostly the reason I hope Trump wins.. The salt from Brexit was incredible and it's unarguably a more significant geopolitical event than America electing its Berlusconi, but the outrage would be earthshaking, and the greatest triggering in the modern age after 9/11.

Oh boy! That's the main reason I'm hoping for a Trump win. I know for a fact that Trump doesn't want to waste another year and a half campaigning again, so I know he wouldn't try to go another 4 years. Hillary will if she lives that long.

>SJWs seem to have no problem being openly and dramatically racist against Asians.

That's what they get for doing as good or better than the average white and not falling into the minority stereotype

thanks, that was a fucking awesome video

Siskel is fucking based

It was always like this

>I can only believe you
why hasn't he killed himself before now if he hates himself so much?

>Cred Forums - Television & Film

>The salt from Brexit was incredible
God I wish I was actually in Europe so I could taste it

This is more on topic and cerebral than the most of the threads on this board, certainly more than ogling at celebrities, shitty memes, and gossip, which is about half the threads at any time.

>Trumptards steal Pepe from /r9k/
>this means it's their meme now

LMFAO

This is advertising not critique.

>politics
>cerebral

Where are they learning this shit? Colleges?
>yfw McCarthy was right

How dare they.

They didn't really steal it, it was popular on all the boards when Trump's campaign began.

The use of pepe to promote Hillary, however, isn't stealing or even cultural appropriation, as much as attempts to trigger Trumptards.

I could taste it all the way over here in Australia.

Brexit winning, Ghostbusters flopping, One of the most obnoxious SJW film writers in history getting outed as a rapist...It's great. But Trump would be the real icing on the cake.

At least until, like the other user said, he goes full Berlusconi and gets impeached.

More than what's usually posted? Without question, even though this is an important issue about how movies are reviewed, because it affects how movies are made.

Well Jean Baudrillard is dead, so yeah.

Zizek has some good film reviews though.

all of Cred Forums shares meme's user. we're brothers

>Playboy, Guardian
>For some reason
No, that makes sense.

>joking about final solutioning their political opponents
kek, we're more alike than some realize.

>YES, Liberalism is SYNONYMOUS with Centrism.
>It is NOT LEFT-WING. STOP SAYING THAT IT IS.

There's a difference between "liberty" and "liberal."

And no, liberalism is NOT synonymous with centrism. Liberalism and leftism are virtually indistinguishable.

fucking kek

So life-like, but uncannily so!

James Berardinelli made his own website.

That's it. Watch movies, post reviews.

Learn reading comprehension. The redneckposter was implying that only rednecks use the term "nu-male."

Virtue signalling is a way of showing everybody around you what a "good" person you are.

"Look how tolerant I am!"

"Look how open-minded I am!"

It's literally only done to improve your reputation by pretending to be a good person.

Another way is when someone dies (or some natural disaster happens) and they say something like "my thoughts and prayers are with you." Anthony Jeselnik talks about this in his standup special Anthony Jeselnik: Thoughts and Prayers.

Their words don't actually change anything or fix anything, it's just a way to signal to the world that you are a good and virtuous person, "Look how good I am!"

Liberals and conservatives can both virtue signal. These just consider different things virtues.

Liberal virtues include "equality", "tolerance", "open-mindedness", "non-prejudice", "non-bias", open borders, cultural relativism (based on guilt due to imperialism or colonialism), mass immigration, affirmative action (reverse racism), reverse sexism, hedonism, LGBT bullshit, abortion (which was based on eugenics, which was once another "progressive" virtue), pity for poor criminals, secularism, and demonizing the white heterosexual males that discovered and built most of the modern conveniences they take for granted.

Conservative virtues include things like chastity, restraint, self-control, personal responsbility, tradition, law and order, ingroup preference based on ethnicity, custom, religious freedom, etc. Liberals would also accuse conservatives of homophobia, transphobia, racism, bigotry, xenophobia, sexism, etc.

That's more socially liberal vs socially conservative.

Then there are things like fiscally liberally, fiscally conservative, etc.

>One of the most obnoxious SJW film writers in history getting outed as a rapist
Wait, who are you talking about? Please tell me it was Feig

Just end this fucking Earth already. I am so fucking tired of this bullshit, all of it.

You probably just go on the internet too much. Internet ideologies have a way of seeping into your brain and making you think they matter.

Well the entertainment industry is largely liberal. Because people can make music, films, TV shows that can have any story or message whatsoever.

When you're making something up, the sky's the limit. That sort of artistic freedom explains why most artists are liberals (and degenerates). Once art broke away from Christian religious art in the Western world, it opens the door to godless secular art, which can have any meaning someone wants it to, and it's typically made to trangress against existing norms or modes of thinking.

It could be argued that true conservatives wouldn't even waste their time watching popular movies. Think the Amish, or to mention an extreme example, the Taliban.

Cred Forums is not "nothing but conservative virtue signalling."

And it's funny you think that "gay liberal propaganda" doesn't exist in TV and movies. The entertainment industry has a disproportionate number of homosexuals in it, so it's no surprise if the products it creates often have a "gay agenda."

Miley Cyrus just came out as "pansexual", whatever the hell that means. She said her first relationship was with a girl. That's bisexual. I don't think she's fucking cats and dogs. But Miley Cyrus is merely a product of her environment.

Water takes the shape of the container you pour it in.

And when liberalism takes over and becomes mainstream, conservatisim becomes the new counterculture.

Kay, but this is getting to be much bigger problem than it used to be two years ago. I saw a very obvious tranny at a restaurant several weeks ago who was taller and more muscular than I was, and who's to say this isn't because it's the current year? She didn't rape my sister, (which I don't have), because she could go in the women's bathroom, but who's to say it won't happen in the future, or something like it?

>I can only believe you and beg forgiveness

Yeah, which is why the only people who could "virtue signal" on Cred Forums are tripfags, since everyone else is anonymous, there is no "reputation" to uphold, no Rebbit karma to accrue.

Your identity means nothing here. Identity politics is irrelevant here.

It's what you say that matters, not who says it. You get no brownie points for showing everyone what a "good" person you are.

No man, it has spilled over into the real world for a while now.

>especially when

You can still virtue signal without a consistent identity

>Liberal virtues include equality, tolerance, open-mindedness, non-prejudice, non-bias
Yup.
> open borders, cultural relativism (based on guilt due to imperialism or colonialism), mass immigration, affirmative action (reverse racism), reverse sexism, hedonism, LGBT bullshit, abortion (which was based on eugenics, which was once another "progressive" virtue), pity for poor criminals, secularism, and demonizing the white heterosexual males that discovered and built most of the modern conveniences they take for granted.
Nope.

I'm liberal as fuck, but everything in that second greentext is pure radical left/sjw bullshit and needs to go and be replaced with:

>restraint, self-control, personal responsbility, tradition, law and order, ingroup preference based on ethnicity, custom, religious freedom

Then we're all square and good.

>People on the internet bitching about something doesn't reflect society as a whole

But it can *seem* like it, if that's your only window to society as a whole.

The media tends to magnify things, by focusing on it, drawing people's attention to it. What you pay attention to matters.

So the media can make it seems like there is some war by police against black people in America, simply because they get big ratings from showing videos like the Rodney King video. And the media can talk about something over and over, and suddenly lots of people's attention can go to that.

But some people know how to hijack the media for their own purposes (like terrorists, or spree shooters). They know the media will give them the notoriety they crave, since the media has no ethics, it's only concerned with eyeballs for advertisers. They only care about ratings and their bottom-line, so they tend to throw ethics out the window.

See also the movie Nightcrawler.

Unless you're wearing a name tag, you probably won't get the reputation boost you're hoping for.

When you watch a sports game live and clap and cheer, it's not really virtue signalling because the crowd is mostly an anonymous mob.

Rotten Tomatoes is just a review aggregator. What don't people fucking get about this?

It's like criticizing Google because they spider every site.

Are you kidding? The total lack of testosterone in his body would make such a feat impossible.

No, he was referring to Devin Faraci. I think.

>basement-dwelling neo-Nazis

Go back to your bullpen sexless virgin.

The Atlantic is actually readable. Unlike Salon which totally went to shit after like 1999 or so.

Mostly what I hate is how braindead some of the "top critics" are

The people who keep parroting the term "numale" seem to think it means GLASSES.

Yeah, I get it, jocks don't like nerds with glasses, but come on.

nah bvs was great

on the same review

>every passenger was white but I still have to make a comment about (((diversity)))

Did she forget to cut this paragraph out before submitting her review? Wtf?

No, the black and white Brakhage snobs are a problem.

I don't know if Zizek (I like his film reviews btw) is Left or not.

>In three recent books - The Fragile Absolute, On Belief, and The Puppet and the Dwarf - Slavoj Zizek calls on the Left to reclaim the Christian legacy from the religious Right.

>Zizek prescribes a dose of Christianity to an anemic and largely impotent Left he diagnoses as suffering from a debilitating malady - postmodern ethical relativism.

>Slavoj Zizek calls on the Left to reclaim the Christian legacy
>Zizek prescribes a dose of Christianity
>is atheist
intothefuckingtrash.jpg

fucking rekt

Oh, and of course he's Left, he's a literal Marxist.

when Clinton declares war on Russia and all the urban centers in the US are wiped out by nuclear bombs

Isn't this a place to discuss movies? How the fuck did it become a cesspool for politics?

>movies
>media that contains politics
pick two

>Isn't this a place to discuss movies?
Do you make the same complaints in the meme and celebrity threads?

But the latter ones flow from the former.

Equality? Treating that as a virtue is what leads to support for affirmative action, reverse sexism, LGBT bullshit, pity for poor criminals. "It's not their fault! They're victims of circumstance! Victims of systemic oppression! The system has been against them for years!"

Liberals have a sentimentality for people they (truly) think are inferior, so they support things like affirmative action to help "balance" any percieved inequality they notice. Including redistribution of income.

Tolerance, non-bias, non-prejudice. Treating that as a virtue is that leads to support for open borders (we must let these poor suffering human beings into our country), mass immigration (see open borders), and abortion (those poor poor mothers who somehow magically got pregnant). It's based on a "we must not judge" mindset (meanwhile, liberals have no problem judging people with traditional conservative Christian values).

Liberals don't realize that if people valued restraint, self-control, personal responsiblity, then there would be less abortion, and less criminals, and with less criminals there would likely be less prejudice (since everybody stereotypes groups), which would likely lead to less racism. Also, restraint when it comes to interventionism would likely lead to less mass immigration, less refugees, and less support for open borders.

Liberals allegedly believe in evolution, yet keep insisting that every person is equal. Evolution does not create everyone equal, it creates everyone different, with different abilities, talents, height, weight, etc. Liberals pride themselves on being "open-minded" (like when it comes to homosexuals), then they decry things like the AIDS epidemic (which was essentially self-caused by homosexuals).

All of them
youtube.com/watch?v=H44AtGd_uCQ

>its a dumbshit liberal overwatch player
Kys pls

For you.

Zizek is saying that the Left has become so "open minded" that their brains have fallen out. They need to have some standards again.

The Left has turned everything into a matter of opinion (since godless liberals believe there is no ultimate moral authority or even objective morality). They need to raise their standards.

Film reviews are namedropping Trump and current in-the-media events.

And it's kind of hard for film reviewers to separate their personal politics from their opinions of a film. You bring yourself to every film you watch. You have certain preconceived notions, baggage, a "paradigm" if you will, when you start watching a film.

There was a recent headline:
Democratic and Republican doctors treat patients differently

I think it's safe to assume they also review films differently.

Naturally, a conservative and a liberal may have differing opinions of the film's God's Not Dead, Miracles From Heaven, and Pulp Fiction.

Okay, but he's recommending an ideology to which he would be opposed in virtually every way.as an antidote. He's basically saying, "I'm not stupid enough to believe such nonsense, being enlightened the scientific philosophy of Marxism, but since that clearly won't appeal to the rubes who happen to share my immediate political goals, I'm going to recommend it to you because it would work."

Since the Left won't embrace Christianity or principles, hearing this might please me to know that they do have this malady, but he is a literal Marxist, meaning every opinion of his on every subject belongs in the trash, so he's probably not even right about that.

Louie isnt a numale

The best boards on Cred Forums are leftist and anti-pol. Conservatives just don't understand art and culture.

>Slavoj Zizek argues that, in fact, nothing is more oppressive and regulated today than being a simple atheistic hedonist.

>atheist liberal/hedonist behaviour: they dedicate their life to the pursuit of pleasures, but since there is no external authority which would guarantee them personal space for this pursuit, they get entangled in a thick network of self-imposed "Politically Correct" regulations, as if they are answerable to a superego far more severe than that of the traditional morality. They thus become obsessed with the concern that, in pursuing their pleasures, they may violate the space of others, and so regulate their behaviour by adopting detailed prescriptions about how to avoid "harassing" others, along with the no less complex regime of the care-of-the-self (physical fitness, health food, spiritual relaxation, and so on).

>Today, nothing is more oppressive and regulated than being a simple hedonist.

>it is for those who refer to "god" in a brutally direct way, perceiving themselves as instruments of his will, that everything is permitted.

Basically, theists don't need to concern themselves with political correctness. A theist's ultimate authority is God. A liberal atheist's ultimate authority has become "tolerance" and political correctness.

That guy looks like he's doing well for himself.

I think Zizek has also written that there is a certain "radicality" to Christianity.

openculture.com/2013/11/slavoj-zizek-on-atheism.html
>In His Latest Film, Slavoj Žižek Claims “The Only Way to Be an Atheist is Through Christianity”

>Christianity is much more atheist than the usual atheism, which can claim there is no God and so on, but nonetheless it retains a certain trust into the Big Other. This Big Other can be called natural necessity, evolution, or whatever. We humans are nonetheless reduced to a position within the harmonious whole of evolution, whatever, but the difficult thing to accept is again that there is no Big Other, no point of reference which guarantees meaning.

>“The death of Christ,” says Žižek, “is not any kind of redemption… it’s simply the disintegration of the God which guarantees the meaning of our lives.”

It's common for philosophers to offer simple reversals.

no you can't

Nothing you said gave me a reason to believe he thinks Christianity is true, or could be true, meaning he is manipulating people. The difference is that he's a professed atheist, so to recommend it to others shows he has a contempt for their understanding. It also might mean he has a contempt for the truth, but he's Marxist, so that's to be expected.

>Conservatives just don't understand art and culture

Well the boundaries of what is art and what is not art have also dissolved. Once Western art was no longer religious, liberals have extended it to everything, even beyond Andy Warhol elevating a soup can to art, even beyond actual trash

plato.stanford.edu/entries/baudrillard/
>In The Transparency of Evil (1993), Baudrillard described a situation in which previously separate domains of the economy, art, politics, and sexuality, collapsed into each other. He claims that art, for instance, has penetrated all spheres of existence, whereby the dreams of the artistic avant-garde for art to inform life has been realized. Yet, in Baudrillard's vision, with the realization of art in everyday life, art itself as a separate and transcendent phenomenon has disappeared.

>Baudrillard calls this situation “transaesthetics” which he relates to similar phenomena of “transpolitics,” “transsexuality,” and “transeconomics,” in which everything becomes political, sexual, and economic, so that these domains, like art, lose their specificity, their boundaries, and their distinctness. The result is a confused condition where there are no more criteria of value, of judgement, or of taste, and the function of the normative thus collapses in a morass of indifference and inertia. And so, although Baudrillard sees art proliferating everywhere, and writes in The Transparency of Evil that “talk about Art is increasing even more rapidly” (p. 14), the power of art — of art as adventure, art as negation of reality, art as redeeming illusion, art as another dimension and so on — has disappeared. Art is everywhere but there “are no more fundamental rules” to differentiate art from other objects and “no more criteria of judgement or of pleasure” (p. 14). For Baudrillard, contemporary individuals are indifferent toward taste and manifest only distaste: “tastes are determinate no longer” (p. 72).

Zizek doesn't think Christianity is true, although it seems like he does think it is useful.

There's a quote:
>Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. -Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Zizek
>tries to redeem the "materialist" kernel of Christianity.

>Jokes play a fundamental role in Slavoj Žižek’s philosophizing. Is Žižek joking when he extols the virtues of Christianity to the Left? Eric Dean Rasmussen analyzes Žižek’s pro-Christian proselytizing as attacks on modes of PC-ness - political correctness and perverse Christianity - that sustain an undesirable neoliberalism.

Everyone has that baggage before watching a movie. It's just how much does that baggage affect your experiences.

I get that many film reviewers love putting their personal politics in their reviews (and I agree with the separation of art from the artist and message). But from what I've learned is that you treat film reviews as like an opinion piece, not gospel. You read to get an impression of what to expect form a movie. You don't agree with what the reviewer says? Fine. In the end your opinion matters.

>Once Western art was no longer religious, liberals have extended it to everything, even beyond Andy Warhol elevating a soup can to art, even beyond actual trash
So are you here to talk about movies or shitpost? Do you actually watch modern movies? Because we are not talking here about any other form of art.

I guess it shouldn't surprise you he writes for Salon, too.

salon.com/writer/noah_berlatsky/

Oswald Spengler, Ayn Rand and Nietzsche believed Christianity to be the intellectual grandfather of Marxism. From this perspective it's not so surprising that Zizek appreciates it.

I was explaining some possible reasons why film reviews would be political.

I was responding to
>Isn't this a place to discuss movies? How the fuck did it become a cesspool for politics?

But the reviewers personal politics will certainly affect their criteria when they judge a movie.

>Ayn Rand
Not really. She would clearly consider its direct decedent to be Kant, and if you want to go further back, it would be Plato.

This evades the point which is that, unless he wants his ideological brethren to accept what he considers to be an untruth, he can't consistently recommend to them Christianity.

It still reveals a contempt for truth for him recommend to other people, not him, to believe something merely because they can't rise to his position and believe enlightened Marxism. It shows the ego he has more than anything else, and he was stupid to think anyone would adopt Christianity because of it.

>Zizek doesn't think Christianity is true, although it seems like he does think it is useful.
That's my point.

It depends I guess. The Birth of a Nation (original) is racist, but many critics acknowledges it's scope and contributions to the medium. The new one is accused of being very pandering, preachy and black and white.

I give critics a huge a benefit of doubt when I say they know when a movie is very preachy.

I do watch modern movies. And I'm doing the exact opposite of shitposting, friendo.

Everything (including films, and film reviews) has become political/sexual/economic at the same time, and all of it has been absorbed into advertising. Rotten Tomatoes itself serves as a vector for advertising.

I can understand people wanting to check reviews to see if a film is worth watching, since time is limited, but it's not like Rotten Tomatoes is highlighting in-depth discussions of films like metaphilm or something.

But the point is when everything is considered art, then there is no more criteria to judge art, and people simply express distate.

And I don't know if you know this, but Andy Warhol also made movies.

Do you consider films art?

Do you consider Andy Warhol's eight hour film of the Empire State Building a movie? Art?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empire_(1964_film)

In OP's pic, the reviewers are using their political leanings as the standard ruler by which to judge films. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But that has to do with the fact that the line between art and not-art has been blurred.

>In the globalisation of exchange, culture becomes another fetish product, like Levis, Coca-cola, McDonalds - totemic brand names which penetrated the imaginary at the same time as they penetrated the real market. They are part of a universal language, the language of advertising, untranslatable into any other language.

See also Logorama, which won an Oscar.

Can you name some trashy modern movies considered art by the liberal critics?

The Rand quote goes something like "Christianity is a kindergarten for Bolshevism". Look it up.

The fact that he does not regard Christianity as theologically true does not mean he can't express sincere appreciation for it. He is not recommending that anybody convert to any form of religious Christianity, he is calling on the left to embrace the idea that they are inheritors of the Christian ethic. This idea, as I pointed out, is not unique to Zizek, it originates on the right. The only innovation Zizek has made is that he sees it as a positive association. You do not need to assign ill motives to Zizek to understand his perspective, even if you disagree with it.

Kek, I remember seeing this. If everybody in the alt right are such ugly pathetic fucks, good luck. Just embarrassing and cringey to see what they look like IRL, can't believe he wasnt self aware enough to realize he exposed his 'movement' as virgin losers by doing this.

Zizek has animosity towards postmodern spirituality, and believes Christianity has a subversive, revolutionary quality about it, whereas "postmodern permissiveness" merely fuels hyper-capitalism.

>While The Puppet and the Dwarf finds Žižek admiring G.K. Chesterston’s “conceptual matrix - that of asserting the truly subversive, even revolutionary, character of orthodoxy” (35) he deploys the conservative Catholic thinker’s ideas in order to oppose the logic and the values - of postmodern permissiveness and “ordained transgression” (36) - that fuel hyper-capitalism.

>Žižek never tires of reiterating the paradox of postmodern permissiveness: the way in which the ostensibly liberating attitudes that inform contemporary, free-market, consumer cultures - e.g. anti-authoritarian skepticism, liberal tolerance, libertarian irreverence, etc. - can engender new forms of oppression. The rejection of traditional forms of authority on the grounds that they are oppressive and patriarchal, for example, has not necessarily resulted in a state of greater freedom for most people; rather, the authoritative Other’s direct prohibitive injunctions - which we are free to reject, if we choose - get internalized in the form of a domineering superego that is constantly enjoining us to “Enjoy!”

western art stopped being religious around the late-18th and mid-19th centuries, and baudrillard is describing the state of postmodernism which has its roots in the art and society of the 60s but became most apparent in the 80s. that's a long gap of at most 200 years that is unaccounted for and can't be blamed "cos libruls"

Any film by Nicolas Refn?

Remember when hipsters just listened to shitty folk?

They aren't exactly praised. His only truly successful film was Drive.

>Conservatives just don't understand art and culture.
pol isn't really conservative, mostly.

Which boards are you talking about? lit and co both suck.

/lit/ and /his/ are the best boards on this site.

i agree with this but they're still pretty shit

/lit/ is genuinely awful

Almost every board is good if you compare it to Cred Forums.

The meme magic of pretending dark souls 2, man of steel and bvs were all """"""""""good""""""""" has been a majestic thing to witness desu

>"Christianity is a kindergarten for Bolshevism".
I would rather not. She attacked Christianity, but for its altruism, not its connection to Marxism.

>as theologically true does not mean he can't express sincere appreciation for it.
He goes beyond that with clickbait tier claims like “The Only Way to Be an Atheist is Through Christianity."

By the way, he's wrong about connecting PC culture to hedonism. Any idiot could see it's about underpinning Western value by any means, associating colonialism with Western foreign policy, Islamophobia with the justified distrust of it, racism with the failure of blacks to integrate in America, etc. This motives of the Frankfurt school clearly had nothing to do with hedonism, and I see no evidence for his claim.

>/lit/
Dear god no.

Well some cite Rousseau and Romanticism as planting the seed for fascism (and liberal fascism).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanticism
>Romanticism (also the Romantic era or the Romantic period) was an artistic, literary, musical and intellectual movement that originated in Europe toward the end of the 18th century and in most areas was at its peak in the approximate period from 1800 to 1850.

>In philosophy and the history of ideas, Romanticism was seen by Isaiah Berlin as disrupting for over a century the classic Western traditions of rationality and the idea of moral absolutes and agreed values, leading "to something like the melting away of the very notion of objective truth", and hence not only to nationalism, but also fascism and totalitarianism, with a gradual recovery coming only after World War II.

"to something like the melting away of the very notion of objective truth"

That's pretty much post-modernism. Post-modern philosophy was also influenced by quantum physics, with its uncertainty. Einstein wrote "It was as if the ground had been pulled out from under one's feet, with no firm foundation to be seen anywhere, upon which one could have built."

No objective truth, no firm foundation. These are liberal, secular beliefs.

Then there is Rousseau's defense of the "natural savage", and from that you get the modern ACLU.

>The early period of the Romantic Era was a time of war, with the French Revolution (1789–1799) followed by the Napoleonic Wars until 1815. These wars, along with the political and social turmoil that went along with them, served as the background for Romanticism.

Baudrillard wrote, "History too is operating beyond its own end. There was a definition of the historical event and the French Revolution was its model. The very concepts of event and history date really from that point. The event could be analyzed as the high point in a continuous unfolding and its discontinuity was itself part of an overall dialectic."

kek /lit/ is shit

Cred Forums is kill even Cred Forums is better than Cred Forums

So leave and go back there. Don't come back.

>niggers are attractive

WTF

Liberal atheist hedonists reject the rules of religions and devote their lives to hedonism. But their freedom to pursue pleasure is not absolute, so they create a maze of "politically correct" regulations to avoid "harassing" each other. Avoiding harassment becomes their most important value. The hedonists think they are "liberated" but eventually a whole society is forced to take on the same "liberated" attitudes (or be labeled bigots). What was once a personal choice becomes a requirement for everyone (lest you be ostracized), and you get a system of oppresive tolerance. Hence liberal fascism and political correctness.

That's also how victim culture becomes elevated, since victims suddenly get special status as opposed to bigots. Victims (just like with "noble savages") are seen as the pitiable "good guys", and people with conservative values are now seen as the oppressor "bad guys" (those horrible people who brought civilization to them, like to the Aztecs who sacrificed as many as 84k people at the Great Pyramid of Tenochtitlan in 1487.)

There's no reason for an atheist NOT to be a hedonist, they demonize Christianity, they promote atheism, which creates a vacuum, which Islam (and foreign immigrants) fill. White guilt is largely based on the historic actions of the Catholic Church, because you cannot separate Western civilization from Christianity (which has mainly been Catholicisim until the Protestant Reformation). But Protestantism opened the door for liberalism (and later on, atheism, hedonism, etc).

PC culture is the ersatz God of liberals. They have no God to worship, no God to blaspheme, so their "commandments" become about allowable/forbidden ideas and words to refer to people. That's racist, sexist, bigoted, homophobic, transphobic, Islamophobic, etc. But those labels are influenced by the label of anti-Semitism, those poor victimized Jews, who just happen to have a disproportionate number in the banking/media/entertainment industry.

This kind of shit is what is basically wrong with Cred Forums, concentrated autism

I would also argue that movies are the one of the primary ways that liberals infect people with liberal values.

I mean, just watch Samantha Bee get fucked while standing up in public in the "comedy" Sisters, then watch her criticize Donald Trump on Full Frontal for saying pussy.

Liberals default back to "it's just a movie, it's not real", and yet the brain can't tell the difference between reality and a simulation. A movie is just pixels on a screen, it's a simulation, yet the neurotransmitters in your brain, or your laughter, or your tears, or your adrenaline is not simulated. Your brain responds as if it is real.

That's why propaganda exists. That's why advertising exists.

>Liberal atheist hedonists reject the rules of religions and devote their lives to hedonism
Okay, I don't accept this premise. Some do, but most do not. At least, they don't explicitly say it. Was Marx a hedonist? Or Nietzsche? Or philosophers of the Frankfurst school?

What you said is plausible, but I consider much more plausible is that PC culture, as I said, is associating principles, truth, justice, etc. with the West, and attacking that which is Western, so it's ultimately nihilistic.

Sorry if my response is so cursory to your response, but I don't consider the premises of your analysis more likely than mine.

you can tell it was made by some black guy (or maybe some tatted up white cunt)

Actually, I will allow that hedonism can be a very common explicit or implicit motive for atheists. But this leads to nihilism towards institutions that apparently stifle this, and the creation of these PC rules is a tool to attack such institutions.

Otherwise, we would expect these people to be more unwilling to attack Christianity than Islam becaue attacking the former would offend more, at least in Western society, but the opposite is the case. It begin to a nihilistic attitude towards socially respected values, (which could be due to hedonism or an end in itself), which leads to a dislike of the society that promotes them, which is the West, but it has to be the society they happen to live in as to prove they don't have a love for their culture, and thus hatred of the dominant ethical system in the West which promotes these values, which is Christianity.

There is no reason for an atheist not to be a hedonist. Hedonism holds that pleasure is the highest good.

And Nietzsche said "What is good? Everything that heightens the feeling of power in man, the will to power, power itself. What is bad? Everything that is born of weakness. What is happiness? The feeling that power increases — that a resistance is overcome." Power hunger is hedonism.

Nietzche also said "it is significantly enlightening to substitute for the individual 'happiness' (for which every living being is supposed to strive) power [...] joy is only a symptom of the feeling of attained power [...] (one does not strive for joy [...] joy accompanies; joy does not move)." He said joy is only a symptom of the feeling of attained power. Nietzche literally says power is happiness. You can compare that to what Ted Kaczynski said about every person wanting to undergo the "power process": goal, effort, attainment of goal, autonomy.

You could view PC culture as striving for power. They want the power to define the dimensions of the Overton window, "the range of ideas the public will accept." PC culture is the power of censorship, and self-censorship.

PC culture, and the labels they throw at "bigots" is essentially the secular version of heresy, blasphemy. They believe there is no God to offend, so that only leaves mankind to offend.

This happened to vidya journalism

Don't put up with it like we did guys.

>There is no reason for an atheist not to be a hedonist.
That doesn't mean they are one, or that's the basis of their philosophy.

>And Nietzsche said
I don't want to argue this, but for Nietzsche, the standard of good is power and that happiness is only an indication of thesis.

>You could view PC culture as striving for power.
Even assuming hedonism is the one true good, it's a power over institutions that PC culture finds antithetical to hedonism or pleasure, so it's just a straight line from despising institutions of duty to creating these standards. Freedom from "harassment" doesn't enter into it, in my opinion.

Liberals don't care about offending Christians, since they blame Christians for coming to North America, wiping out indigenous peoples, engaging in slavery, not letting women vote, mistreating other immigrants, etc. You will rarely find a liberal without liberal guilt. And much like Protestants viewed the Catholic Church as a corrupt institution, liberals (which are basically made possible after the Protestant Reformation) view Christianity as corrupt, or other traditional institutions as corrupt.

Feeling bad for Native Americans (and "noble savages") leads to feeling bad for Muslims. And since liberals often rely on ad hominem attacks (bigot, racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, Islamophobic, anti-Semitic), the thing that liberals fear the most is being seen as bigoted, prejudiced. There's a South Park episode where Randy unwittingly says the word "nigger", and for the rest of the episode he's treated horribly, as "that nigger guy" (as if he was subhuman, which the epithet nigger was created to suggest).

Feeling bad for colonialism or imperialism leads to cultural relativism, "well no culture can judge another culture", or "well that's just their culture", but mostly, again, liberal guilt over interfering in some other culture. In the film Embrace of the Serpent, a white guy with technology comes to the Amazon rainforest, and he's criticized as "a stupid white." This could be more veneration for "noble savages", but the Internet is full of people who hate whites (even though Jews get to claim to be whites, but also claim special victim status and have their own country where they built a wall to keep out non-Jews).

I don't deny any of that, but don't think "harassment" as anything to do with it.

altruism and marxism are the same

>Freedom from "harassment" doesn't enter into it, in my opinion.

Compare the word "harassment" to the term "triggered." They don't want to be offended. Ever. There's a quote I heard, "people now experience the entire world as a form of bullying."

PC culture is against free speech (because free speech might hurt someone's feelings, or point out inconvenient truths that might make someone feel bad or ashamed). I think PC culture is all about freedom from harassment (or opposition, or disagreement), and it uses censorship (and shaming people for their words) to do that. Although admittedly the idea is from Zizek:

>a quick look at our moral landscape confirms that it is a much more appropriate description of the atheist liberal/hedonist behaviour: they dedicate their life to the pursuit of pleasures, but since there is no external authority which would guarantee them personal space for this pursuit, they get entangled in a thick network of self-imposed "Politically Correct" regulations, as if they are answerable to a superego far more severe than that of the traditional morality. They thus become obsessed with the concern that, in pursuing their pleasures, they may violate the space of others, and so regulate their behaviour by adopting detailed prescriptions about how to avoid "harassing" others, along with the no less complex regime of the care-of-the-self (physical fitness, health food, spiritual relaxation, and so on).

And they have no God to tell them the right way to live, no commandments, so political correctness becomes their god, and their commandments.

Not literally the same, of course.

>Compare the word "harassment" to the term "triggered."
That doesn't proceed from hedonism. That's more of a psychological response than a philosophical one. The philosophical basis of banning triggering would be considering ethically superior those who have the victim complex over the fault of the propensity to offend, over those who have no such victimhood. The psychological aspect or the triggering itself is the reaction to having victimhoom denied, whether of yourself or others. Again, not connected to hedonism as Zizek said.

> they dedicate their life to the pursuit of pleasures, but since there is no external authority which would guarantee them personal space for this pursuit, they get entangled in a thick network of self-imposed "Politically Correct" regulations
I still don't see this plausible. It's as simple as a kid not wanting to church on Sunday and instead wanting to play, getting mad at his parents for making him go to church, mad at his family for being religious, mad at religious itself, mad at society at placing a value on religion etc.

>They thus become obsessed with the concern that, in pursuing their pleasures, they may violate the space of others
This just seems like to me almost a complete fiction. It's just unnatural and unintuitive, and what I'm saying is more common and more logical.

Our protagonist tells the terrorists to go back to "Fuckheadistan"

Not even kidding, look it up.

To be fair, it's pretty grey when it comes to the conflict. The main bad guys hate America because they drone striked their house, and proceeded to kill none of the intended targets. Killing their daughter at their wedding, they seek revenge on the world.

It also ends with the main bad guy being killed in a drone strike that kills several other random civilians at the end.

It's all rather weird.