Why is spewing common place political and philosophical ideas that everyone with an IQ above 70 is already aware of...

Why is spewing common place political and philosophical ideas that everyone with an IQ above 70 is already aware of (and doing so in the most self absorbed way imaginable) considered "Comedy"?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AetJWKjVqOI
youtube.com/watch?v=MF5Y8kB824E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

because it's funny

If your a dumb shit liberal you can get away with this.

Its not. Its to catch 16 yr olds up to a baseline of neo-cynicism

Nobody over like 25 would enjoy this shit let alone claim to find it funny

No one with decent taste considers him a good comedian, liking bill hicks is the hallmark of sub 100 IQ fedora tipping fuck you dad types

Charisma and delivery. Also people usually don't think about the stuff he talked about.

It's not really what he says that's funny, it's the way he says it.

Why do millennials believe there was never a time before them?

People think Lenny is cliché because he established the concept of a jaded comedian talking about real world things.

People seem to think Hicks was kicking in open doors, when he was in fact performing little shit dives out in the boonies, and was assaulted several times for dishing out some criticism of religion and the right.

If you can't understand that something is a product of the time it's made in, you can't ever appreciate it.

carlin was worse if anything, at least hicks tried to be amusing whereas just ranted and preached at you for an hour

None of what he said was exciting or new in the slightest during his active years.
You could get his entire act by talking to people at any university campus in the country.
The guy was a pretentious, preaching, tool, who relied on shock humor that wasn't shocking in the slightest.

Wouldnt be so loved if he didn't die young.

It's not considered comedy. Hicks just kept injecting that stuff into his act because he was a badass.

Stand up comedy is generally shit. I can't stand it

Yep. Hicks sucked and so did Carlin.

Good one.

>insecure, dumb "conservatives" circle jerk using canned "arguments"

>People think Lenny is cliché because he established the concept of a jaded comedian talking about real world things.

Name one Lenny joke that made you laugh, not a chuckle, a long laugh.

I can't watch much standup anymore. I much prefer improv podcasts.

I legitimately can't understand the appeal of "angry" comics. It gets so grating after just a few minutes.

Yeah, I don't appreciate the shouting and screaming. That's why I could never get into Kinison

It's telling he was more popular in England, a country who considers Mr. Bean the height of comedy.

Not that sort of comedian, Lenny was redpilling people via humour, you might get a chuckle out of people's foibles but it isn't the sort of thing that makes you roll in the aisles.

tl;dr
It's funny because it's true.

>Great "comedian"
>not funny

the 80's were a different time, why does everyone seem to forget that?

name a more reddit comedian

you cant

Thanks reddit

I'm not too familiar with Hicks but what was his early material like? Is the persona that he's most well known for something that he developed later on or was he always like that?

What made his material any better back then?

You seem to know a lot about reddit's taste. Back to your homepage!

is this kino?
youtube.com/watch?v=AetJWKjVqOI

WTF I love Bill Hicks now

>that quote
lmao

I don't have to laugh till i vomit to find something funny. Humour can be subtle but i guess a 15 year old wouldn't understand that.

People didnt really talk about that shit

name a joke any comedian has made that makes you laugh like that
that's not what they're for, they're entertainment. they keep you occupied and make you chuckle a few times

"I told my kids, "Someday, you'll have kids of your own." One of them said, "So will you.""

youtube.com/watch?v=MF5Y8kB824E

that got a long laugh out off you? were you in a crowd when you heard it, or something? that's barely more than smile inducing

Okay.

The most popular documentary on Netflix is Jiro Dreams Of Sushi.

The least popular?
Jiro Nightmares Of Assrape.

>people who grew up post-internet attacking counter-culture figures from a time when the establishment had total domination over all western culture.

really makes you think

>I was born in 2003, the post

I've seen the clip of him saying this and it's even more cringeworthy than that quote can convey. He was a fucking moron to believe that people all over the world only cared about material comfort. I almost wish he were alive today to peddle that bullshit in the light of Islamic terrorism.