Netflix only has 31 movies from the IMDB Top 250

> Netflix's US streaming catalog has shrunk by over 50% since 2012, but Netflix has always argued that the quality of the material keeps getting better.

>"You can imagine that we could have a million low-quality videos that almost no one wants to watch and then say, hey, we have the largest catalog in the world," Netflix's Carlos Gomez-Uribe told Business Insider in a recent interview. "What matters is how many videos are people actually watching."

> In August 2014, a Reddit user tracked how many of IMDB's top 250 movies list were available to stream on Netflix. At the time, 49 were available, which is around 20% of the total. Streaming Observer, a blog that tracks the streaming industry, decided to revisit the list and see if it had changed. They found that in September, only 31 of those movies were available, or about 12% of the total.
businessinsider.com/netflixs-selection-of-imdb-top-movies-going-down-2016-10

Why would anyone pay $12 a month for this shit?

Nothing in this world is free, kiddo.

I knew it wasn't just me going senile, they definitely used to have better movies when I had it.

I was over at my mom's house the other day and it looked like sifting through a fucking Kmart DVD bargain bin. Good thing she was only using the free trial.

>mfw Netflix bombed hard in my country

Why would anyone ever pay for movies?

I watch Marvel Netflix Series.

You would have to not be poor to understand that.

>IMDB

What about air, faggot

Choke on it.

Yes, but their other assets more than make up for the disparity.

People with a disposable income.

I don't pay for it, a coworker lets me use his account

yeah netflix is embarrassing. all they have to bank their future on is their original content. their selection of movies has gone to shit. literally no good horror movies, no good indie movies, just nothing. would i pay 12 dollars a month to see 2 or 3 interesting netflix original series? no i would not. not when i can download them for free.

>2011 netflix used to be only $7.50
>you'd get playtime and french new wave

>today you pay for $12
>you get some cuck marvel show or the hunger games
BRAVO NETFLIX

Lot of netflix shitposting lately, who cares what strangers pay for?

source? i want her to handle my rod so bad holy fufck

>Netflix
>IMDb 250

Holy fuck the reddit levels in this thread are off the charts

Chimps can't even understand the concept of it, so it's no suprise.

every single movie, tv show, music album, video game is free, if you dont care about the law. i live in a small rural town in the north of canada. the FBI isnt coming here. and to all of you smartasses who say i still have to pay for internet.. NOPE! welcome to the welfare state. suckers go to work everyday to pay for my internet

i have disposable income. why would i pay for something when i can get it for free?

I've been using my parents' account for years, would never actually pay for it

>3rd world

you tell me, numbnuts. air is actually sold in some high altitude locations for people who are not acclimated to the area.

That's not true about video games. You can't play an exclusive PS4 or XBone game for free until those systems are hacked. Also can't play streaming games or games exclusively online.

>the welfare state
You still pay for welfare with your manhood.

>he doesn't know about torrents

it's literally for normies who dont understand how to torrent and think they'll go to jail for illegal streaming

nobody would and thats their problem

everybody has different rights to different movies and everybody wants muuh own steeemin' veeohdee suhrvis

can't those tv jews just shekel up and make a deal and make ONE streaming service that includes everything. Crank up the monthly payment and they are good to go.

>haven't watched anything on netflix in 4+ months
>this thread just reminded me i'm still paying for it

just

>complaining about this on literally red dit: the board

>every company now wants their own Netflix
>this just makes every streaming site worse

They should just band together, make one service, and then divide the profits accordingly.

If they don't, people will just go back to the convenience of pirating.

>paying 12.99 for shit when you can pay 14.99 for HBOGo and get actual new releases and the best collection of tv kino that could ever exist

only stupid fucking normies still fall for the netflix meme

Because no one with taste gives a shit about movies coming from a list that claims to be the best 250 movies in the history of the world yet has every MCU movie in it

Why not pay for neither and just torrent everything you want.

Wtf I hate Netflix now