Lightsabers can only be green and blue

>Lightsabers can only be green and blue
>Except for Mace Windu. His is purple for no reason.

This is so fucking gay it hurts. Why? Why can there only be two lightsaber colors?

Other urls found in this thread:

io9.gizmodo.com/how-the-lightsabers-in-the-force-awakens-finally-realiz-1747961005
youtube.com/watch?v=wXw6znXPfy4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

plo koons is orange

You forgot red

Oh, and the distinction between the two colors? Completely meaningless. It means nothing and is completely random. Just green or blue. There's no rhyme or reason for it. Just pick which one you like better I guess.

>lightsaber
>not lightsphere

Seriously, all it would take is a lightsphere to fuck up every Jedi in the universe.

>have lightsabers
>no lightshields

Red lightsabers use synthetic kaiburr crystals. Doesn't count.

There's red and in AoTC we see yellow and orange as well, alongside windu's purple.

Well apparently in the time between episodes six and seven they invented stun batons that function as lightshields.

>This is so fucking gay it hurts. Why? Why can there only be two sides of the force?

You are also wrong about 100% of your assumptions about the topic.

I want wookiepedia to leave

Why don't they just use lightsaber guns?

The color is nothing but a symbol.

Green means peace.
Blue means democracy.
Red means chaos.

Purple? its a blue power crystal that has been distorted by force lightning. There are beings in Star Wars that can create their own power crystal to light their light sabers with from mere force using, mainly ancient rakkata dark force.

It's pretty clear user, it's because hes black.

Vibroblades, mang.

if it is a sabre made out of light, assumably white light, should they not be able to be the whole spectrum (Red Orange Green, Yellow Blue Indiana and Purple)??

Do the red and yellow sabers take less energy to run than say a blue or a green?

Lucas has these answers but only communicates them to us through wookiepedia articles

>have lightsaber
>no lightcatapult

>lets figure out a way to throw unstoppable death
>what could go wrong.jpg

>have lightsabers
>no lightnukes

>not having an ultraviolet lightsaber

>invisible
>gives people cancer

>Have lightsaber
>No light bullets

Inb4 blasters bolts. If they're slow enough to be deflected with swords, they're not proper bullets.

>Why are you swinging that broken lightsaber at us

>broken you say?

>20 years later,

>so doc what is it

>"you have cancer"

This is bait. Here's your (you) you nerf-herder

Whoa, so Obi Wan really meant it when he pledged allegiance to democracy. Bravo Lucas.

No, in SW Legends it is clearly stated.

A power crystal is forged by planets and is rare to come by. When a master jedi thinks his padawan is ready he is sent out to find one of those crystals.

However a powerful sith lord can create their own crystals with their force.

The colors do wear out after time due to friction, the power crystals work mostly like a battery.

Power crystals can get corrupt and change color, depending on the type of friction it can either make the crystal stronger and emit negative energy (sparks coming out) or it can lighten its energy and eventually thin it out.

>During the filming of Return of the Jedi, Mark Hamill repeatedly suggested that they speed up the lightsaber duels, being that a blade made of pure energy would be weightless and allow for incredibly quick maneuvering
>Lucas declined saying that he imagined the lightsabers to be heavier than real swords. Something like Excalibur.

Why would anyone think this man was capable of writing a movie?

Thing is, we don't know how heavy a power crystal is that is storing the energy.

And maybe when the lighstaber is turned on and ejects, it will increase its mass and density and hence gravity will make it weight more.

red and yellow also exist

oh George

Nah recently the Rebels director mentioned that the color reflects the soul. This was likely greenlit by Pablo. The example being Ahsoka's white lightsabers.

And then George made them quicker anyhow. I think he has a complex where he can't implement an idea that isn't his own. I'm surprised noone just suggested him stuff pretending he came up with it.

There are only 3 colors of power crystals.

Two are natural. Blue and green.

Red is artificially made from dark force.

All other colors are made by power crystals are made from the power crystal becoming corrupt.

The soul?

there is no souls in star wars.

Your life force is made by midi-chloreans, these are sential beings on their own.

>midi-chloreans

the dumbest idea of the century

>something like Excalibur
Dear lord yes, give me the source of this beautiful information

How come?

There needs to be some type of way to explain the force. I honestly can't think of a better way than a atomic organic living being that you command by connecting to it via your brains atoms that send signals to it so it aligns with your thoughts.

Bullshit. Where?

Not the same guy and I can't find the actual quote, but Adam Driver mentions it too

io9.gizmodo.com/how-the-lightsabers-in-the-force-awakens-finally-realiz-1747961005

Samuel L. Jackson asked for a purple lightsaber so he could properly stand out in the big crowds and battles of Attack of the Clones

No complicated universe related reason

Soz

>between episodes six and seven

But the bodyguards in episode 3 fought Anakin and Obi-Wan using the same kinda thing...

>mainly ancient rakkata

this is SO lame, i want eu to go away

this is accurate

In the arena scene when there's like a hundred Jedi fighting. You see blue, green, purple, yellow and orange lightsabers being used.

>I think he has a complex where he can't implement an idea that isn't his own.
This. He should have surrounded himself with people who constantly gives him shit ideas.

What movie mentions this? I don't remember

See this

That would look ridiculous, far more ridiculous than lightsabers themselves do.

This is false. Only 4 colors have been featured in the movies so far.

If Japan didn't exist and the force wasn't bullshit, then any half-decent warrior society in contact with lightsabers would develop shields to protect themselves instead of relying on super awesome jedi skills. Worked out well for them during order 66, maybe if those jedi had shields they wouldn't have been shot so easily ;^)

Mace dabbles in light and the dark side, so his saber is meant to reflect that in that purple is a combination of red and blue.

rewatch it at the giant battle scene in the coliseum

Wow so it's like pottery because they're both pretty on the outside and empty on the inside

Hm...really makes you think

It's funny when people try to argue the logic of fictional weapons and mystical powers using real world examples.

Take your own advice.

>Why?
Because yellow and orange sabers didn't work well against the Geonosis backdrop.

>no gun that launches lightsabers

>fictional universes aren't inspired by real historical settings
>an author's setting is a completely unique entity.
>the jedi fighting styles and philosophy are not based on real-world counterparts
>implying star wars isn't space America vs space nazis

Oh imma laffin m8

you mean like this...

When will we get a star wars story as good as kotor 1?

Clone wars was more imaginative and creative than The Force Awakens.
Prove me wrong.

>It's based on something in the real world so it's literally that

wew lad

See nothing. All of these things still apply to the KotoR series which is 100% canon according to that cunt Kennedy.

>KotoR series which is 100% canon according to that cunt Kennedy.
It's canon within the Legends continuity, if that's what you mean.

No one can prove you wrong sir, you got dubs.

Nope. Its part of the new canon along with the TCW movie and tv series, rebels, those books and something else Im forgetting. Disney has specifically stated SWTOR is canon.

>Disney has specifically stated SWTOR is canon.
The hell are you on about.

No. KOTOR is not canon. TOR is not canon, even if they still release content.

In canon the color of lightsabers is determined during the creation of a lightsaber when crystal attunes itself to saber's wielder through the Force.
They never said such a thing. You are completely wrong. Some things in KOTOR directly contradict the new canon.

Only in Legends. In the new canon, both Jedi and Sith use the same natural crystals, and their colors now come from their user's mindset at the time of assembly.

>he doesnt know about Rakata Prime or the war over Malachor V!
Nope. Youre wrong, sorry. There are statements you can easily google that confirm this.

Yes, very much so. But that is because it was produced by competent creative people and not a board of executives and/or George Lucas.

>>he doesnt know about Rakata Prime or the war over Malachor V!
Just because t references events from Kotor, it doesn't mean the entirety of the game is canon. This has got to be bait.

>Disney has specifically stated SWTOR is canon.

No, actually it's exactly the opposite. SWTOR is the only non-canon Star Wars thing still in production (and BioWare is perfectly happy with that, since it means they don't need to stay within the Lucasfilm Story Group's canon guidelines).

the fucking prequels were more imaginative than TFA

A planet being in canon doesn't make everything else canon.
>There are statements you can easily google that confirm this.
There were no such statements, my friend.

So what was Mace Windu's mindset when his saber came out purple?

>Lightsabers can only be green and blue
>red

It was yellow back before AOTC, then it officially became blue ever since.

He just really loves purple. See Mr Glass in Unbreakable

I always thought blue was for jedis in training and green was for masters. Is this not how it works?

Cortosis-weave

>>Except for Mace Windu. His is purple for no reason.

Plenty of Jedi used yellow and orange too. It's just that by the time the Clone Wars rolled around, things were more uniform and structured than ever, so pretty much everyone used blue and green. Not to mention that the crystals used in lightsabers were absurdly rare to begin with, and it was much easier to find blue/green than other colors.

Something something joke about blacks loving purple something something

>purple soda
>purple codeine syrup
>purple lightsabers
Etc

>>purple soda
its called purple drank

>Oh, and the distinction between the two colors? Completely meaningless
>There's no rhyme or reason for it

There is. In the Old Republic, at least, the Jedi was more of a structured government operation with designated warriors (blue), diplomats (green), and spies (yellow). And this carried over to the final days of the order, notice how the Jedi who use blue lightsabers are more combat-minded (Anakin & Obi-Wan's answer to everything is "fight") while the ones who use green tend to be more cerebral (Yoda, Qui-Gon, Ep VI Luke).

I figured that although Kenobi should have had green in II and III. Maybe he kept the blue out of respect for qui gon never completing his training. I also presumed purple was ceremonial for the head of the council.

every colour that exists can be the colour of a lightsaber

even black

>And this carried over to the final days of the order,
I can tell you were it didn't carry over, Canon

It doesn't work that way. At least three of the masters on the Council use blue.

The Old Republic is canon, it came out after Disney's takeover.

That's just not how it works. The color is determined through the Force when Jedi builds his saber. That stuff is not canon.

Is Windu not top dog though? Or are they all in equal standing?

That's not how it works

It came out in 2011. TOR is not canon. See this

>Is Windu not top dog though?

We don't know, because the material that clarifies this stuff isn't canon.

Yoda is top dog. Windu is definitely one of the more important guys on the council though.

>light is heavy

Purple can only be used by BLACKED Jedis.

There is a rhyme or reason. Color choices in art are often times explained best as magical or esoteric choices.

>There needs to be some type of way to explain the force.
No.

>mfw maced dindu's saber was made by the powers of Kangz
Pottery

Is Plo Koon even relevant in any way anymore?

I mean, he's my nigga, as are most Kel Dor, but seriously.

Nice though that he chose yellow/orange for a saber, as was always my choice when given the option.

Interesting that he got a blue saber. From what I recall, the two colors corresponded to a Jedi's specialty. Those who were more adept at fencing and acrobatics received blue, whereas those who were more skilled with the force, in both combat and non-combat scenarios, received green.

Mace Windu? More like Mace Dindu!
DVVT DVVT

>having a specific lightsaber colour to identify your spies

Bravo Lucas

>and hence gravity will make it weight more

The blade is weightless

Underrated

Lucas had literally nothing to do with old republic though

>>Lucas declined saying that he imagined the lightsabers to be heavier than real swords. Something like Excalibur.

But then he went ahead and made them weightless anyway. And there's no point in having a lightsaber in a sci-fie environment if it's heavy, because what makes it useful is the ability to deflect blaster bolts.

Well, the general idea is that they wouldn't turn on the lightsaber while they were spying, at least not in public. That seems like a ridiculously easy way to get caught no matter what the color is.

Why aren't there silent lightsabers for stealth operations?

Why were lightsabers considered epic honorable space knight battle weapons? Lightsabers should be more of a handy tool that everyone should own. Why not use it as an axe to cut down trees? Farmers could use lightsabers to plant stuff by sticking the blade in the ground. You could just use it for self defense, like how people carry around knives or whatever. Just make all the guys from Space Kentucky get a concealed carry license for their lightsaber. It's not that different from a hatchet or chainsaw, and those things are considered primarily tools rather than weapons.

I don't think the sound is really the problem. They're giant beams of light.

Kyber crystals don't grow on trees.

Because they're incredibly difficult and expensive to build. You basically need to be able to use the force to make one, and even then there's a good chance that you'll blow yourself up. The extreme rarity of crystals and the fact that nobody knows how to synthesize one (except for the Sith, who keep it secret for obvious reasons) also presents a problem.

they should have made lightsabers a bigger deal

i'd enjoy a sci fi story where things like that have just been discovered and are pretty rare

There has got to be a way to synthesize that shit. If you can clone living breathing humanoids you can synthesize a crystal. You should be able to get a Space Wal-Mart Brand Energy Beam for a hundred credits in whatever color you want.

They exist in Nu Canon, but are unstable and explosive

Samuel L Jackson likes purple. That's the only reason

>lightsaber
>no light sword

Star Wars is fucking dumb

Gross. Get out

Who doesn't? Purple is the dopest color there is. Why do you think European Royalty demanded it since the Holy Roman Empire? It's cool looking, and rare to find in nature, which makes it hugely expensive to reproduce. It's basically the best color.

Apart from Royal Blue. But that's only expensive because it's a purple derivative which makes it even harder to produce than true purple.

In the episode one obi-Wan game there were enemies with lights abre resistant weapons, although don't know if it's canon.

There vibro blades.

It's fucking sci-fi fantasy, why do you pretend like it matters.

No they shouldn't have. They should have made the Force a bigger deal.

>Episode 9
>The final battle between fusion Finn-Rey and Darth Jar Jar
>Finn-Rey drops his triple-double saber-staff and closes his fists like he is holding an invisible saber
>DJJ swings his black and white lightwhips
>the lightwhips stop before hitting Finn-Rey
>"Before you sent Luke and Captain Sparrow to Earth, Luke taught me his secret technique: The Force Saber!!!!!"

Kek 9-yr old me thought he was a genius for coming up with that

They were originally only going to be 2 colors red lightsabers and blue lightsabers but since you couldn't see the Luke'a blue lightsaber outside of Jabba's palace in Return Of The Jedi they made it green

Samuel L. Jackson said he wouldn't do the part unless he got to pick his own color lightsaber

White and yellow exist.

Can we have one thread where people don't pretend rebels in non-canon

>Luke taught me his secret technique: The Force Saber!!!!!"
>Mfw thats a real thing
God I hate the Old Eu

My peener makes white and yellow

>what are seismic bombs...

You could have just said no user. I'd have given you a (You) anyway. Here's another to show no hard feelings. (You)

He literally had/s it in his contract that he must be cast as a "badass". If I recall correctly, the purple lightsaber was one of the conditions for him being in the movie, too. He wanted it to be unique.

The waifu I made in swtor has a magenta crystal, user-kun.

return had the best lightsabre fight of al the films though

A vibroblade/axe would do just as well and be way cheaper to make and maintain

Plo Koon was based in Cone Wars

All the colors outside of red and blue are there for arbitrary reasons (blue invisible against the sky, Samuel L. Jackson wanting a grapesaber, yellow added for visual variety in the large battles in the prequels, etc).

Lorefag retcon explanations are as follows:
Blue: used by jedi guardians and most apprentices, babby's first saber
Red: uses a synthetic crystal that only sith know how to make, supposed to reinforce the idea that the sith think of lightsabers as a disposable means to power
Green: used by consulars and non-combatant jedi who are more skilled in the force and can rely on it more
Purple: used by Dindu and other edgy jedi who can use dark side powers like force lightning, and serve an assassin or sith-hunter type role
Yellow/Orange: sentinel class jedi, light yellow for spies (think CIA), gold for jedi temple guards (think Secret Service), orange/bronze for sentinels that fill more combat oriented roles (battlefield saboteurs, shock troops).
White: Imperial Knights specifically, possibly could be any neutral jedi who works outside of the order
Grey: jedi investigators that solve crimes, manage internal affairs, etc (think FBI/Interpol).
Black: there's only one and it's not really a lightsaber

Lucas was in charge of Clone Wars you retard.

Why isn't the Jedi uniform and lightsaber handle more standardized? Aren't they supposed to be monk-soldiers?

So the only canon colors are

Blue
Red
Green
Yellow (rare)
Purple (rare)
White (rare)
Black (extremely rare)

?

The black one is not a lightsaber, just a laser sword.

Chewiepedia disagrees

kek

There are silent lightsabers in the movies. It's canon.

Chewiepedia is not canon.

Explain why the Death Star's lazer is colored green?

it served the film well though

Because Sheev believed he was doing the right thing to save the galaxy from The Vong.

>the urban market stole my tv

The fact that this triggers you so much is a testament to you autism, and that's coming from a sperg.

It's because Mace was purple pilled, halfway to real enlightment and truth.
Jedi philosophy is egalitarian, marxist, gay and ultimately cancer, the Sith is the real truth. You know it's true.