'Doctor Strange' Currently Tracking For A Disappointing $55 Million Opening

>It's being reported that Doctor Strange is tracking at the low end of $55 million and looks to face some stiff competition in November and December
>For the sake of comparison, fellow MCU solo character film Ant-Man grossed $57.2 million during its first weekend at the U.S. box office in July 2015. Meanwhile, the Phase 1 MCU solo superhero movies Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger both grossed $65-66 million during their domestic opening frames and 2014’s Guardians of the Galaxy secured $94.3 million during its first three days of release stateside

How the hell do they know how much a movie is going to make before it opens?

Do they start counting the shekels now during casting?

>A Cumberbatch joint
It's like Cred Forums will never learn.

They should have added some Christmas type angle to it and waited an extra month to release

>tfw my 100 million dollar idea is worthless

It's really easy to predict because they have marketing down to a very specific science. That's why there are so few risks.

I'm not surprised they think it's going to disappoint, but surprised they could come up with a fairly exact number.

Does the general public even know who Doctor Strange is? Without its connection to MCU, this film would have a zero change to recoup its investment, but this doesn't even look as appealing as Ant-Man, and people should be surprised that movie did as well as it did.

you should work for marvel

What I take from this is that they will release a shitload of tv spots and previews spoiling it all in trying to get more audiences

>Without its connection to MCU, this film would have a zero change to recoup its investment

Holy shit, this guy is some kind of genius or something!

>added some Christmas type angle to it
Because a movie about a dude who gets his superpowers from a tibetan monk needs a christian holiday shoe horned in there.

>>tfw my 100 million dollar idea is worthless
Fuck off. I'm just pointing out that it's probably a subject that's inherently unappealing to audiences.

They already wasted the Christmas shit with Iron Man 3 and then released it in May.

Christmas magic is everywhere, and this winter, Doctor Strange is here to spread it.

Ant Man had America's sweetheart Paul Rudd.

This has Benacock Cucumberfart, a man whom his own mother can't stand to look at.

Mads has the Cred Forums audience

I'm sure it'll be fine

>Comes back from Tibet after training
>It's Christmas in snowy New York city
>Ice skating scene

Gardeners of the Galaxy was supposedly going to "disappoint" as well.

Antman didn't really "disappoint" either.

They said Deadpool was only on track for a low grossing weekend too

Guardians of the Galaxy was projected to make $70 million opening

>Gardeners of the Galaxy was supposedly going to "disappoint" as well.
Maybe before the first trailer dropped. It was the most hyped movie of the year after that. No one could stop talking about it. Dr Strange has little to no buzz despite the release being right around the corner.

Is this the same super specific science that told them Ghostbusters was going to launch a cinematic universe? Or that Batman v. superman was going to make billions?

OH GOD
IF THE AGE OF CAPE SHIT FINALY ENDING?

>movie underperforms
>worst rated MCU movie on RT
>Cred Forums proclaims it as kino

Deadpool tracked at $60 million domestic a month before release. That's amazingly high for a movie that cost $58 million to produce

>Maybe before the first trailer dropped.
This is how I know you're new as fuck. Cred Forums was predicting this shit to flop harder than anything up until the box office numbers were in.

Cred Forums is always wrong. Usually embarrassingly so.

I'm not talking about Cred Forums, you guys say everything will flop. I'm talking about box office analyst predictions and shit.

It looks good so I hope it's shit so I can like it.

idk I feel like there's a lot of positive buzz around it.

It's supposed to be between 55 and 75 million.

YES user. WELCOME THE AGE OF SHITTY REMAKES. IT HAS ALREADY BEGUN. WHEN IS CITIZEN KANE 2?

>you guys say everything will flop.
Really. Because I remember retards foaming at the mouth anticipating their "capekino" savior was going to make the highest grossing movie of all time.

Go be new somewhere else.

>WELCOME THE AGE OF SHITTY REMAKES

They are doing this shity for the last 10 years user

whats his name again

Disney already has Christmas locked up with Rogue One.

Why are you trying so hard to prove you've been here longer than a few months?

>IT HAS ALREADY BEGUN
I guess the more accurate term would be "AGE OF SOFT REBOOTS" but who are we kidding

>N...nooooooo, i am in charge here!

>I hope it's shit so I can like it.
It would have been funnier to just have this part.

Not really fair. All those plans were established well before the first trailer.

>releasing a star wars sequel only 1 year after the previous installment

uh oh.....

lmao, I didn't even realize this movie came out. Did they forget to advertise their movie?

Definitely but it made 130+ million that weekend, almost double the prediction. I'm saying you've got problems predicting profits that far out

They usually make even less money than projected.
Hopefully this ayy lmao will start appearing less in movies.

Why is this surprising? It's right not considerably better than how Disney milks Marvel.

so comfy

>Christmas
>Christian holiday

pick one

There's already enough movies that will crash against the wall that is Star Wars in December, they don't wan to do it to one of their own.

Passengers is going to get wrecked.

*right now

It hasn't came out yet

OP is missing context:

>Marvel Studios' Doctor Strange is tracking as high as $75 million for its opening weekend box office, according to Deadline. However, their report places the estimate as being anywhere from $55-75 million - in other words, an unusually wide range for such a prediction.

>A range of $20 million accounts for almost any possibility - that Doctor Strange could do low-end Marvel numbers, a la Ant-Man, or, if receipts surpass its high-end opening estimate, which sits squarely at the middle of Marvel's opening weekend range, it could be considered a much larger success than anticipated.

>On September 9, BoxOffice.com released an estimate as high as $88 million for Doctor Strange's opening weekend, but that was admittedly an early prediction. However, Deadline's report also says that their estimate is likely to rise as the release date approaches, so BoxOffice's numbers may be more prescient than premature.

>WHEN IS CITIZEN KANE 2?
Don't give them any ideas

>Few risks
>Flops everyone and jews oy veying in horror

Shush! No one reads the article, we just take whatever is in OPs and take it at face value and just shitpost about how Doctor Strange is going to bomb.

I wouldn't put it past them. They already are in the process of raping Blade Runner's corpse and already fucked Aliens with Prometheus

>DC
>IDF
>shilling verywhere

but they are in desperate need of ideas

Well, I do know this is the first Marvel movie I won't be seeing opening weekend and quite possibly until it's out on DVD.

I've see literally every Marvel movie opening weekend in theatres since the first Iron Man. Civil War was the straw that broke the camels back for me. It was so bland, generic, and felt like a TV movie. I just had enough.

*Everywhere

>They already are in the process of raping Blade Runner's corpse
The only thing keeping me from dismissing it entirely is villeneuve.

>Mads is the villain
>finally a good actor to be a good villain
>skips it

Fugg u

huh.
I was mostly indifferent to Marvel's movies, but I generally liked Iron Man and Guardians, but Civil War was the first one to blow me away and actually make me interested enough to go back and rewatch them all.

>Civil War was the straw that broke the camels back for me. It was so bland, generic, and felt like a TV movie. I just had enough.
Fucking Avengers didn't already do that for you?

I enjoyed Avengers 1, Age of Ultron was when I started seeing the cracks, Ant Man was good but felt very artificial like it was created in a Disney factory. And Civil War was just so plain and boring I knew this was becoming a trend.

This is the first one I'll be seeing in theatres since The Avengers. Mainly for the visuals of magic shit.

Tracking. They look at social media hits, trailer views and surveys. You comp those stats with similar films and release plans and it gives you a surprisingly accurate answer. Just looking at Strange without knowing any of that stuff, it was clearly a high 40'd or low 50's opener.

There are always films that over or under perform though.

Deadpool from this year was tracking YYYUUUUUGGGE but still smashed expectations.

You don't like bland, generic, tv movie style Marvel movies, so you're skipping the one that *doesn't* look like that?

get back to me when everyone sees the movie and Cred Forums starts saying how shitty, formulmatic and by the numbers it was.

>Passengers is going to get wrecked
>Jennifer Lawrence probably being on screen 80% of the movie with only Chris Pratt as her co star
dont blame its failure on Star Wars

Nigger it has Mads in it, fuck the rest of the movie.

>fool me once, shame on you
>fool me twice, shame on me
>fool me three times, ?????

>Sony.

That's precisely what happens when you do everything wrong.

Well, the first Marvel movie that looks visually interesting and has actually a great use of CGI does worse than most of the other flat looking shit they release :/

>shame on dumb audiences who don't get muh kino

Can't get fooled again?

But how did Civil War fool you in the first place? I liked that movie but it being flat, grey and overly CG was not some kind of secret. You could see it in every trailer.

Also tracking is only really good for opening weekends, and then you can only really predict long term based on how films play on average based on opening weekends. Films like Batman Vs. Superman for instance shocked the studio in that most films of that opening size go on to do like 3.5 times multipliers...while it did like 2.5.

Because it was shit.

Likewise something like The Hangover went way beyond expectations.

Exhibitors even base their profit share on these predictions. That's why they don't care if a film is big budget or low....just how long it's legs are, since their cut gets bigger the longer it plays.

Ghostbusters was a funny case were like;

>Durrrrrr McCarthy and Feige films do like 4 to 5 times opening weekend errrrytime

Even though they knew it was a shit film that didn't play to the same audience at all.

>tfw hoping Friday The 13th (December 2019) is Christmas themed

I like Christmas movies too user.

10/10

I'm assuming that none of you saw the 15 min IMAX preview for this. I saw it and let me assure you this movie is going to make serious bank. The visuals are amazing. Everyone shouting Inception rip off has no idea. The trailers have hardly shown anything. After opening night word of mouth is gonna sell the fuck out of this movie.

I've seen more people hyped for this and Cumberbatch than they were for Ant-Man as much as I love Ant-Man.

Lol

>tfw this is the first Marvel movie I'll actually be seeing in theaters

It looks good, and Mads and Tilda are always great. Don't care much for Bongoloid Tumblrpatch but he seems like a decent guy so I'll let his questionable acting history slide for this one in the hopes he does a good job.

Still gonna do better than BVS, DCuck.

You probably mean Holidays movies you racist cunt.

this isn't really that surprising. cumberbatch honestly isn't a big enough star to generate big box office numbers. it's marvel though, so it will get good reviews and people will go see it regardless.

i admit i thought guardians of the galaxy was going to bomb and it ended up being a gigantic hit so who knows. at some point people are going to get sick of capeshit movies and the numbers will start to drop. perhaps we're getting to that point of diminishing returns.

>Bongoloid Tumblrpatch

it's going to get an easy 90% on RT
literally no chance this bombs
have fun DCucks

A long time back, when they were talking about a sequel to the remake, they were saying they were going for a snowbound Jason, as it was one of the few things that hadn't been done with him.

Maybe they're doing it again.

I don't like Marvel films. I haven't even seen ones like Civil War or Thor 2.

Just have no interest in them.

When people said Guardians was going to bomb, I was kind of surprised, since that was one of the only Marvel films I genuinely wanted to see and was excited for.

Likewise, I didn't see it in the cinema, but I was curious about Ant-Man and really enjoyed it.

Same thing for Doctor Strange. I'm not hyped for it or anything, but unlike, say, Thor 3 or Avengers Whatever, it's definitely something I'm interested in seeing.

LMAO

itll do good as long as people stop visiting shit tier review websites (ign) that tell you what to think before you have an opinion of what to think.

Anyone miss the webms?

Pseudo Asian mysticism and Christmas can work. Just look at Gremlins. I wouldn't want it here though.

Yeah, this is definitely the one to go see in the theater if you're gonna see a capeshit. It's gonna be visually amazing. Lets just hope everything else about it isn't shit.

Same here, I went to see civil war since my wife wanted to see it. It was ...meh.

At least GotG was fun. And this could be Fun or a bore, but might be fun to see how it goes.

If that last webm is any indicator this is gonna go right next to Speed Racer and The Fall on my shelf of blurays I use to show off my big screen.

>meme actor
>disappoints

Golly

This. Disney has held back on the advertising blitz until very recently so that they don't waste buzz while other movies are happening. No one saw that IMAX preview and didn't want to run out to see the movie instantly. It's mindblowing and a final Doc Strange trailer will be leading a lengthy week+ long on nothing but Marvel news, Doc Strange interviews, and special appearances.

The only reason I'm going to see it is because I got this autographed print a couple weeks ago from it in a subscription box I got as a gift and I'm hoping it's really good so I either want to keep it or can sell it for a gorillion shekels.

I work in the movie industry tracking means almost nothing for a movies grosses

Yeah I'll probably see this in the theater. The real question is if I should spring the extra money for IMAX or 3D?

doesn't surprise me, who the fuck is doctor strange anyway? i think most people feel this way, at least deadpool i'd heard of before.

Doctor Strange bears the Reality Gem probably... if they're going by the comics. Falls into the whole Infinity War story arc their doin.

>>For the sake of comparison, fellow MCU solo character film Ant-Man grossed $57.2 million during its first weekend at the U.S. box office in July 2015.
NOTHING BEATS THE ANT MAN!

I can't wait for the sequel

We win. Again.

>The Fall

One of the most beautiful films I've seen.

>Speed Racer

One of the ugliest films I've ever seen.

I think they've been hinting Strange has the Time Gem.

There's a tv spot where he uses his power to reverse time when he's being attacked, then the whole tv spot shows everything in reverse.

She will never have kids

Not with that attitude.

Kane2Kane

Nobody is talking about the movie.

Whatever, This movie is to introduce another Avenger for their upcoming Clusterfuck in 2018 with 50 bajillion heroes vs. a Purple Space Monkey.

The only two stones left at this point are Time and Soul, Strange will likely have Time and guessing Soul will be in Infinity Wars.

Soul will be in Guardians Two.

I'll make her. One way or another.

>How the hell do they know how much a movie is going to make before it opens?
Do you question people smarter than you, you dumb shit?
Shut up and believe me and my totally relevant blog site.

No surprises here, no one seemed to care about the character or the film and marvel was due for a flop

I saw the 15 min IMAX preview
You want to spring for the 3D. I generally don't like 3D that much but for this its worth it

Her woman parts don't work anons.

i thought GOTG was going to bomb because the characters weren't well known and chris pratt had never carried a movie. i didn't think it would like BOMB bomb but i thought it would just do ok and not do amazing like it did.

i think there's a certain percentage of plebs out there that will just see anything if it's a comic book movie or if it's marvel. at some point that's going to change though because people will get sick of these movies eventually and hollywood will run them into the ground by putting out 5 of them every year.

Speed Racer is less about the overall looks and more about the colors.

As soon as I saw the opening credits I knew they had a winner with GotG

I'll make them work

I think it might actually be the opposite.

Like I said - I have no interest in most pleb-busters and capeshit.

But even I got off my ass to go and see GOTG.

So I think it got non capeshit fans through the door, who otherwise woulda been like "meh".

It's not really fair. They're going to take this as nobody being interested in lesser known heroes and it'll kill any chance of us going further into the Marvel universe. The truth of the matter though is that we've become so fucking inundated with capeflicks that everyone is burnt out.

So Doctor Strange is going to get blamed for something that was the studio's fault. There is no fucking buzz about this movie and I didn't even know it was coming out so soon until like last week.

Guardians 2 is an original story, no Thanos bullshit. James Gunn fought for that freedom and they gave it to him after the success of the first

Citizen Kane 2 : Kane vs Bane

Just in time for the people that frequent this site to get off Marvel's ride at Avengers 4 and let the then 8 year olds watch their 20 Marvel movies.

>They're going to take this as nobody being interested in lesser known heroes and it'll kill any chance of us going further into the Marvel universe.
Why do you think these movies are made? Because of how good the stories are? They have brand-name recognition. That's it. I won't say there aren't comic books with stories on part with the best of modern literature that has been adapted into movies, (because that goes without saying), but none of these stories could justify the amount of money spent on production or marketing without their connection to their respective franchises.

>The truth of the matter though is that we've become so fucking inundated with capeflicks that everyone is burnt out.
Nobody can blame them, senfamalampai.

3/10

So why does Cred Forums hate Uwe Boll again?

>independent director who does his own thing without any American censorship or Hollywood studio editing
I am surprised his films aren't praised here.

His latest Rampage film kinda sucks due to him not having a high enough budget to actually show the main character shoot the president (instead it is just implied that he does and it then shows the news reporting on the event).

Instead of the entire movie taking place in a forest, we could have got some really great city scenes but like I said, Boll doesn't have much money at all via not being connected to any studio (his 3rd film was practically made via fan money).

Anyway looks like he is going to retire now... shame cos I wanted to see a Postal 2 and Assault on Wall Street 2 which he said he wanted to make.

>WOW LOOK AT ALL THAT CGI SPESHUL EFFECTS

god I fucking hate normies

Yeah, and then the 7 year olds who think DC movies are good can finally have someone mentally on their level to argue with.

>this bill will not be vetoed

PLEASE tell me the protagonist is named William.

kek get fucked marvelfags

2016 belongs to DC

It's so dense, every single image has so many things going on...

>implying sacrificing yourself to raise little shits who will inherit money without having to do anything is a good thing

>Boll doesn't have much money at all via not being connected to any studio
He doesn't have much money because the German government finally stopped granting him free money to make his garbage flicks.

>DC hasn't made a decent movie in almost a decade
>Still hiring Zack Snydersteinberg to direct their shitty flicks

Yeah I'm sure Marvel is shaking in their boots. You faggots better pray Affleck saves your shit before you end up going straight to VOD.

Outside iron man/cap/hulk the MCU is complete trash

>PLEASE tell me the protagonist is named William.
Yes. William/Bill

>his garbage flicks.
Here is a list of GOOD films made by Uwe Boll

>Heart of America
>Blackwoods
>Darfur
>Stoic
>Tunnel Rats
>Rampage
>Assault on Wall Street
All of these are none video game films and have nothing to do with video games.

Otherwise his best video game adaption is Postal (Til Schweiger was the best casting choice for Jack Carver btw).

>hulk
What are you talking about? Do you mean the standalone movies, which were just awful?

>DC hasn't made a decent movie in almost a decade

Besides BvS and Suicide Squad?

>Suicide Squad?
That was so much better than BvS

It just needed a better editor and it would have been absolutely brilliant.

user, I think he was implying that those weren't decent movies, so you should probably just say you disagree with him.

lel go fuck yourself

Hey, at least Predators was fun.

Bitches love the Batch though

You have to be 18 to post on this website.

>What I take from this is that they will release a shitload of tv spots and previews spoiling it all in trying to get more audiences
This was my first thought too. I'm really excited for this, so I've skipped everything except the initial teaser. The next few weeks are going to see most of the hopefully cool, trippy Ditko shit ruined.

>not seeing the flaws when the first Cap movie came out
>Iron Man 3 not being the last straw for you

kek. pleb.

Is it going to cause problems that the Eye of Agamotto is an Infinity Stone now?

I'm not really knowledgeable about Strange and his stuff but it seems a major change. Same with Vision being dependent on a Stone for his life.

I'm seeing it opening weekend just to spite this faggot.

I couldn't really give less of a shit about it but I'm going to see it because my gf wants to go. The deal is if I go see this with her she won't ask to go see John Wick 2 with me and my bros. I get to see Mads on the big screen for the first time though so that's a plus I guess.

Why wouldn't you want her to see JW2 with you and the guys?

Because she's a "Who's that? What did he say? Wait, was that guy in the last movie? I don't understand this!" type of film watcher.

Dump her. Sex isn't worth that.

Nigga I don't give a fuck how ridiculous the pussy game is that bitch has to die

>main character is not handsome

meh. not going to watch it.

I accept that people like you exist, but how are you not ashamed to admit it, even to yourself? What's it like being literally worthless gullible, vapid trash?

So when this makes a billion dollars we can all take solace in how wrong Cred Forums was once again

>leans over
>*whispers* that's Doctor Strange

>Does the general public even know who Doctor Strange is?
people asking stupid fucking questions like this are the reason everything is a sequel or reboot these days.

lel

How is it a stupid question? Recognition, that's why these Marvel movies are being made at all, not that these are actually really good stories that can hold up independent of how popular these franchises are. I'm sure there were plenty competitors to DC and Marvel in comics books, but nobody is going to make a $120 million movie from them because nobody's heard about them.

If this is actually a fucking masterpiece and it bombs because nobody's heard about the underlying property, I would say you had a justifiable complaint, but this is probably going to be a good as the other Marvel movies and not do as well because who the fuck is Doctor Strange?

>What's it like being literally worthless gullible, vapid trash?

for you

>but how are you not ashamed to admit it, even to yourself?

nothing to be ashamed of. it's perfectly normal.

>What's it like being literally worthless gullible, vapid trash?

i don't know. ask yourself.

really? I'd plan to see it the night it came out. this shit is the only decent marvel flick i've seen coming out since winter soldier and iron man 2.

Every single superhero is unknown until they make movies of them. People who don't read comics wouldn't even know who Batman was if they never made a movie about him before.

>People who don't read comics wouldn't even know who Batman was if they never made a movie about him before

It's such a sad fact that I share a website with idiots like you.

Is he saying it's magic, ain't gotta explain shit?

>Every single superhero is unknown until they make movies of them.
I'm not sure if that's true, but even if it were, the stakes are much, much higher this time around. Movies cost much more to produce, much more to market, and have much greater competition.

There's a reason why this film has a lower production budget and a much lower marketing budget, (probably), and that's because no matter how much more expensive it looks and no matter how much its marketed, it doesn't appeal that much to audiences, mostly because it's not an already known property.

>Tibetan monk
>in the age where all movies must suck China's cock for money

Tibet has been erased from mainstream film for the next 50 years.

Maybe people are finally getting tired of capeshit? Avengers 2 and Civil War soured even the most rabid Marvel shit eater.

Don't let the terribleness of Snyder poison your heart.

>Avengers 2 and Civil War soured even the most rabid Marvel shit eater

Yeah, their making a billion dollars one after the other really soured them, you dumb DCuck.

>tibetan monk

Ther's going to be no mention of tibet anywhere in the movie because they don't want to lose the chinese market. That's why they cast the alien loking chick.

The only thing making me not want to watch capeshit is what DC is churning out. Not Marvel. Marvel is innocuous mindless fluff. DC is so bad it's offensive dreck.

While I am going to see it because it looks trippy, the trailers have been shit. The same shots over and over again of the inception city stuff and Bumbasqatch with glowing shapes on his hands.

If this fails, it fails on the bland, uninspired trailers. Too much facetime for actors and not enough fantasy/action. Comic films are, at the end of the day, action movies.

Haven't you seen the stuff they've posted that wasn't in the trailers?

Woah, that triggered the Marvel shills alright. Just because it made a lot of money doesn't mean it was beloved.

I liked Civil War just fine. AoU wasn't amazing, but it was still a better way of spending 2 hours than most action movies made these days.
People in general aren't getting "tired of capeshit". You have nothing to suggest they are.

>Just because it made a lot of money doesn't mean it was beloved.
But that's how people argued SS

>I liked Civil War just fine
That's because you are cancer incarnate and part of why movies are going to shit today. Keep eat this trite shit intended for kids with brain disorders. Let me guess, you're going to reply to me by saying "just turn off your brain bro!"

Well no suprice. People are tired of cape movies and this guy like him in other movies... and I'm sure they are not that many...

Plus the movie look gay.

Marvel is aware that their fans will eat any shit they put on the plate so they don't even bother with basic fight choreography anymore. Just CGI everything up. No effort required.

Why is it that you define your existence based on your hatred of popular things rather than actually creating your own identity?

Better have a black santa

What an asspull. Go on. Keep eat your capeshit feces. You're already enjoying the taste of glorified Saturday morning cartoons. The fact that your only defense of this cancer is all the more laughable. Fucking drone.

Is English not your first language?

Nope and I'm about to sleep sorry if I spell wrong right now

I also enjoy actual Saturday morning cartoons. It's great, being able to find joy in life.
I would pity you, but I'll probably forget you soon enough.

>Saturday morning cartoons.
Which?

Something about Marvel allows people to give them a free pass on everything. The marketers probably dont even understand it.

It's like Transformers, but critics like it.

When are they going to stop making movies where 70% of it is CGI?

Yes, I understand you are an oversized child.

Why would they? CGI requires zero effort. They just outsource that shit to cheap Asian studios while claiming most of the budget as simple middle-men. CGI isn't even bad if you actually take the time and effort to do it well but Disney will never commit to it. Even Star Wars TFA looked occasionally like a cheap TV show. And that was a 300 million USD movie. Movie making has become an excuse for money laundering. The actual resources and time spent making a movie are minimial compared to their supposed budgets and manpower.

>300 million USD movie
No, it wasn't. With marketing, perhaps?

You have to go back...to mecca

Jeremy Renner is CGI?
B-but how does he do interviews?

Not that guy, but he's right.

Oh. Damn, I thought the budget was comparable to most Marvel movies. Looked like it. Where did that money go? At $245 million, that makes it an extremely expensive film.

Ford's paycheck

>marvel

Ford's paycheck, location shoots, relatively high amount of practical sets and effects

Bribing every newspaper comes at a heavy price.

>dat full house
Holy shit I had no idea how lazy they've become

>let it snow starts playing

Well, I boycott all movies now because Hollywood pissed me off so I don't go to the theatre anymore. Maybe that did it.

And you're not even that. Don't you see your hatred is consuming you from the inside?

>Ford's paycheck
$24.4 million. That's quite a bit of money, but less than what Reeves got for the Matrix Trilogy. As far as the performance was concerned

>location shoots, relatively high amount of practical sets and effects
To me, this film looks less interesting than Star Trek, which cost much less. But I guess they did pay out the ass for the stars, which is unfortunate because the film does not look that good, certainly not as good as Star Wars did for 1977.

>The one Marvel movie I'm actually interested in seeing since GotG
>it doesn't have the normie pull that GotG had so it'll underperform at the box office
>Disney will go back to more bland uninspired Avengers movies

I don't use any social media so can't really be used in these statistical surveys. I don't really go to the movies because I don't care for the most part. Went and saw deadpool.

it worked for Iron Man 3

>Mads, Mads, LE MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADS
Literally meme actor. Nice try, marketer.

>CITIZEN KANE 2: THE SLED RETURNS
>Starring Jason Statham

a computer literally tracks twitter mentions and that tells the story

boxing/UFC ppv totals are easily predicted by same

What does meme actor even mean?

it's capeshit but I'll watch it for Mads and Scott Adkins

Good, I fucking hate cumbersnatch

said no woman ever

Good. Fuck Marvel and fuck Inception.

I'm glad at least 1 person gives a shit about the truth instead of this clickbait tier shit that has been happening on Cred Forums for the last several years.

HMMMM ALMOST LIKE PEOPLE DONT LIKE GAY MAGIC

Marvel needs to ground its movies more, the avengers films wont work as they make it more spacebound with wizards flying around and the sales will reflect that.

Rebbots, soft rebbots, remakes, sequels and shit. Has all the creative talent already gone to tv shows?

Who cares how much it makes. CGI by ILM, music by Giacchkino, based Mads... this movie has it all.
Ant Man only made 500 million and now after Civil War everyone loves him, the sequel will surely make 700 million or so.

Same thing with Strange, people will love him after he appears in Infinity War and the sequel will make a lot more money than his origin story.

Stand alone-ish movies are the best from marvel. Ant-man, the first Iron Man, GotG, and this one it seems. I also have high hopes on Black Panther. With the exception of CW, because Russo Magic

And Man of Steel you see, the best capemovie of the last 5 years

>Who cares how much it makes. CGI by ILM, music by Giacchkino, based Mads... this movie has it all.

You know what other movie that describes? That's right.

Doctor Strange will do Suicide Squad worldwide numbers, though I think the US/international box office ratio will be skewed more heavily to the international side.

It's a movie about unpopular hero.

It actually needs to be good to do well.

Didn't stop Ant-Man, did it?

Ant Man was good.

I was clearly implying otherwise, but okay. If you mean the movie has to be as good as Ant-Man, that's possible.

BOLTS OF BALLSACK

CAPE KINO IS OVER???????????

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That's because Shane Black literally can't make a movie not involving Christmas in some way.

Upcoming similar-but-unrelated-scripts-for-movies-being-turned-into-a-bad-remake-and-called-a-sequel movies

>Galaxy Quest
>Goodfellas
>Boogienights
>Matilda
>Truman Show
>(((Schindler's List)))
>Edward Scissordick
>Pretty Woman
>Flubber
>The Phantom Menace
>Jumanji
>Hackers
>Misery
>The Addams Family
>The Mummy
>Deep Impact
>Ace Ventura
>Natural Born Killers
>The Mask
>Contact
>Mars Attacks!
>The Frightners
>Space Jam
>Ghost
>The Witches
>Austin Powers
>Blade
>Back To The Future
>Speed
>Mortal Krombup
>Deep Blue Sea
>Cry-Baby
>Zorro
>Last Action Hero

Tell me if I missed any obvious ones.

It's a place holder for "popular" I think

This is also gonna have dem trippy jack kirby vibes apparently

CUCUMBERED

>Flubber
>The Mask
>Space Jam
KIIISAMA

>jack kirby vibes
Steve Ditko vibes, user. Steve Ditko.

Oh I'm sure something original will come along next year. Like that fantasy movie about the Dwarves trapped in a mine shaft.

FUCK

Thanks I don't know why I couldn't remember the name.

Because he's a crazy, grumpy recluse who never appears in public.

You mean Ditko.

SEVEN RINGS OF RAGGEDWHORE

BY THE WHOREY HOSTS OF HOGGATH

Tildas part was re-edited and re-recorded 4 weeks ago

Is Dr Strange supposed to be an alien?
Why did they cast Cucumbersnatch?

They don't.

Its a statement with the end of showing either a stunning and positive surprise at the performance or to mark a dismal take when expectations were high.

They are often "wrong".

According the meme accountants of Cred Forums in their analysis of SS objective success, those kind of reshoots tend to cost 100-150M more, placing the breaking even point of this movie at 700M worldwide

>Because it was shit.
Is Cred Forums still using this shitty meme?

Does Jennifer Lawrence still have any star power? Since hunger games ended, she's definitely faded from the spotlight

We'll see soon.

She has a movie coming out.

FORECASTING

Lol same fama

AYY LMAO

>rather than actually creating your own identity?

what did he mean by this?

So this is how capeshit dies.

The Tibetan master returns is a great trope

What the fuck is going to beat it? That shitty looking Fantastic Beasts movie? Is it really tracking that high?

So true, that's why most movies don't flop against studio expectations.

Oh wait.

Harry Potter sells like pancakes

>Dr Strange Saves Christmas

She was in that movie with Amy Adams and Christian Bale like two-three years ago. And then after that she did that one movie with that guy from those shitty Vegas movies. Then she did another one with him. I think she got Oscars/Academy Awards/esteemed nominations for all three of those fucking shits not to mention she was in X-Men which released earlier in the year. She definitely still has star power despite all of her shit PR. It's not surprising she's shut the fuck up about the female pay gap in Hollywood despite the fact she makes millions even after taxes and is earning enough wealth over the course of a year what most people won't see their entire lifetime.

Good because DS is also a C list hero.

>what is antman?
>what is Guardians of the galaxy?
They low balled those and became hits

>I have no response but shit: the post

And I'm surprised Antman did as well as it did, but I would think his power would be more appealing then whatever Doctor Strange does, (is it spells)?

GoG was barely a superhero movie.

>thinking a movie about an obscure magician superhero is going to appeal to the mainstream audience

lmao even ant man was a weird as fuck choice

And it had a drop off somewhere near 60% after it's opening weekend/first week being out. Sitll made buku bucks though. Nearly eight hundred million.

Mysticism can be appealing

>Even Star Wars TFA looked occasionally like a cheap TV show.
Yup

But do casual moviegoers know it's a Harry Potter spinoff yet?

>It's being reported that Doctor Strange is tracking at the low end of $55 million and looks to face some stiff competition in November and December

How about that? For once Cred Forums actually got the horse in *front* of the cart.

Disgusting tumblr fujoshits love Batch

this is all Cummerback's fault, he looks like a fucking alien and people finally noticed it

the same way they can predict everything else

abc7's mega doppler 7000