How would you feel if Disney remade the prequels?

If Disney were to remake the prequels and deem the originals non-canon, who should be cast in them, and what kind of changes should be made?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YdgmH9Vv2-I
youtube.com/watch?v=oezZTXzXs90
youtube.com/watch?v=1ToztqqDcaY
youtube.com/watch?v=Nzq9epS2b1A
youtube.com/watch?v=LbpDxrew4A0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My biggest issue would be no Ewan as Kenobi. Though I suppose he might still be young enough to take on the same role but he probably wouldn't want to do that.

No Christopher Lee as Dooku is a pretty big hit too.

they will make spiritual successor/remakes which is what TFA sequel trilogy is

because of how the rights for distribution were split up, Fox still has control over ANH and some other stuff.

Disney won't directly remake any of them. They will make things that are the same but call it something else. Since they think people hate the prequels, they won't touch it.

You'll get more anthology movies about Han solo and more strong women. That is all you're ever getting now

Only if Liam neeson is in it still

That's the thing though. There doesn't have to be a Dooku.

>and what kind of changes should be made?
everything

i'm serious, there's nothing to salvage from the prequels. literally everything that happens in them is garbage. as long as they do nothing that the prequels did, it'd be a better trilogy.

lazy bait

3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 7

5 > 4 > 7 > 6 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> > 1 > 2

name one concept, one scene, one idea that come out of the prequels that would be beneficial to a star wars movie.

I don't understand your question completely but hey the prequels told you how Anakin becomes Vader and how Sheev rise to power and starts the Empire. I think that only for those things they are relevant.

The music and the idea of Palpatine controlling both sides of the Clone Wars.

the prequels are perfect

most people don't understand them

But he was in the Clone Wars TV show

It tells it in a fucking awful way m80. It degrades OG just by existing.

This. If people would just do a little research and not get brainwashed by reddit cucker memia, they would actually be able to enjoy some classic flicks.

Oh WELL, MORE FOR ME :) XD :D

Objectively correct non contrarian non meme ranking

De-canonize it pls

>Literally perfect opinion
>On Cred Forums

Am I high or did this really just happen

>disney is feeding boomers like this all the nostalgia memeberries they can eat

>they still cry

how many deathstars do you need user

>what kind of changes should be made?

Anakin and Obi-Wan are adults right from the beginning (you can even cast Ewan McGregor again)
Episode I covers the buildup to and start of the Clone Wars
Episode II is all about the wars, Anakin turns to the dark side at the end
Episode III is about the fall of the Jedi, the end of the Clone Wars, and the rise of the Empire
Padme's potential death is much more reasonable (so not childbirth)
The clones are the bad guys, Republic soldiers ("storm troopers") are all human
No Jar-Jar
No Midichloreans
Liam Neeson plays a wise old Jedi who has turned to the dark side in Episode I or II. His name is not Dooku, it's something less goofy.

Incorporate the Mandalorian Wars storyline from KOTOR: The dogmatic Jedi are unwilling to intervene to help the Republic, leading to widespread resentment from the people of the galaxy. Anakin and Obi-Wan, two headstrong Jedi, take the place of Revan and Malak and join the war anyway.
Oh, and keep the music. It was terrific.

I understand the fuck out of the prequels. Everything that happens in them sucks though and they actually don't make fucking sense at times. They're shit movies.

So you actually like Kylo Ren, Snoke, Mary Sue and Token Black Guy?

they wouldnt dare do that since the prequals are beloved by fans

>argues that he understands
>shows that he doesn't

this isn't a terrible idea except you're under the delusion that force isn't bloodline based from the get go. "my father has it, I have it, my sister has it" Just because they never used the M word doesn't mean the force wasn't tied to dna.

>Incorporate the Mandalorian Wars storyline from KOTOR: The dogmatic Jedi are unwilling to intervene to help the Republic, leading to widespread resentment from the people of the galaxy. Anakin and Obi-Wan, two headstrong Jedi, take the place of Revan and Malak and join the war anyway.

I think it could work if they're the only Jedi who join the war. If all the other Jedi are just sitting in their temple and doing nothing, the public would never see Jedi in action and that would allow the stuff in Episode IV and VII, where people think the Jedi are myths, to make sense.

This is the order like 90% of people on here would give you if they weren't being edgy trolls. This is like the most basic and common order anyone could have posted.

>Padme's potential death is much more reasonable (so not childbirth)
THIS
I always thought it would be way better if she died by Anakin's hand somehow.

I get that, I just don't want them to say "his Force blood cell count is off the charts!". Something like "I'm amazed how strong the force is with him" would work (only, you know, more natural-sounding. Like George Lucas, I can't write dialogue).

I understand the movies. They aren't very complex, they're just poorly thought out, and parts of them don't make sense. You're lying to yourself if you claim the prequels make sense.

Yeah but sadly this place is filled with contrarian teenagers who are unlikely pretending to enjoy objectively bad movies just to be different

Stop putting the OT it an idealistic pedestal.

How about Anakin has a vision of her being cut down by a hooded figure in a blue lightsaber, leading him to suspect the Jedi? Then, through some tragic accident in Episode III (maybe he's in some kind of rage-induced killing spree), he ends up killing her only days after she gave birth (without his knowledge). That way she'd die still appearing pregnant, she'd never get the chance to tell him they had kids, and it would be more believable than him doing it intentionally.

>The clones are the bad guys, Republic soldiers ("storm troopers") are all human

I like this, the wars in the prequels always felt more like the Droid Wars than the Clone Wars.

>Liam Neeson plays a wise old Jedi who has turned to the dark side in Episode I or II. His name is not Dooku, it's something less goofy.

So basically his role from Batman Begins?

I would switch 6 and 7, but otherwise that looks right.

Pure pottery

okay, that is fine then as long as you're not one of the ot force is mystical people that missed the glaring evidence in their faces for 3 movies that you can pass the force on to your spawn.

>midichlorians
Trade negotiations
>meesa yo humble servant
>YIPEE
>trade negotiations
>I hate sand
>m'lady
>flippy swish swoosh sheev spin
>trade negotiations
>younglings
>FUCKING BROKEN HEART

How fucking fried by memes is your brain that you will honestly defend this just to seem different?

I would hate it. They'd just make A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi all over again. Maybe this time they'd reverse the order. I'd sincerely rather Zack Snyder get total control over a new PT.

They're good and the prequels are bad, that's all there is too it. Nothing to do with pedestals.

>putting 7 anywhere but at the end

it was a stale remake, disney ya:addition of starwars. It isn't common anything and will always be put after anything Lucas was involved with.

I like it, expect lots of Cred Forums memes about Anakin killing his own wife though.

You're breaking my heart user

A stale remake is still miles better than the garbage that the prequels are just by virtue of not being the prequels.

still better than girl power, YA adaptation starwars with a thinly skinned marvel movie masquerading as something other than a focus tested frankenstein.

No thanks.

Lucas could literally shit on paper and it would be less picked over than what disney put out.

Spoilers: Lucas was a hack

Why was VI better than VII?

>blind bias is still better than your bias edition

uh huh

>MIDI
>FUCKING
>CHLORIANS

That's what he did with the prequels though. He literally shat out a script and started filming it the next day.

>Episode II is all about the wars, Anakin turns to the dark side at the end
>Episode III is about the fall of the Jedi, the end of the Clone Wars, and the rise of the Empire

Could you really make a whole movie out of the fall of the Jedi though? They did that in like 30 minutes in Episode III and still found time to cram in 5 lightsaber duels.

I mean the other way around. Why is VII better?

Prequels are bad, but the content that came from them is good. I just wanted to say that, continue on.

Not great, still better than what we got though

No, I mean a remake of the prequels could conceivably be worse than them. A remake of a good movie is automatically better than the prequels. This is a simple concept.

>Star Wars hasn't been generic self insert comic book tier from the start
>Star Wars hasn't always been a mishmash of concepts people already enjoy

Oh I see, you have no clue what you're talking about.

>trying to defend young adult themes in previously established universii

you have no shame. Next you'll tell me Hunger Games is a masterpiece.

Also, Obi-Wan should be way more rash and brave. Prequels Obi-Wan was just a younger version of OT Obi-Wan, we should see him be seriously affected by Anakin's betrayal.

I think it would be better too if we see large numbers of Sith in the prequels. In the end, they can all be betrayed and murdered by Sidious/Palpatine along with the Jedi. Something like this would make a great opening scene for episode II or III:

youtube.com/watch?v=YdgmH9Vv2-I

You could have the movie be Obi Wan doing a schindlers list to try and protect the last pockets of jedi following order 66 and Vader hunting them down, he fails and goes into hiding a failure and the last of his kind.

Also, Katherine McNamara can play red-headed bounty hunter lady. Maybe make her Boba Fett's mom or something for pottery.

But wouldn't Obi-Wan himself also be on the run? A Schindler's List scenario implies that he's working out in the open.

Star wars has used YA self insert themes since the start is what I said you fucking moron. If you don't get that then you're beyond all hope. TFA is not the first Star wars movie to do it it's what all 6 movies are fucking based on.

Exactly. That's why they should be remade. It's a good story told in a shit way.

The prequels were unnecessary the first time. We don't need remakes.

The schindlers list reference is just a poor way of Implying a situation of moving about and protecting the refugee jedi. It's the sort of weak comparison one makes when they're discussing fucking star wars at 4:40am on a weekday

>TFA is not the first Star wars movie to do it it's what all 6 movies are fucking based on.

Especially Episode IV. Luke's plot armor isn't as egregious as Rey's and his abilities aren't quite as unbelievable, but he and Han are definitely both self-insert-type characters (for the younger and older demographics, respectively). In Episode V they actually start to become real characters.

I would actually shoot up a city if they decide to remake the only good fucking star wars movie

>It's a good story told in a shit way.
the force awakens?

Which is?

Good thing we're discussing remaking/redoing the shit ones

>youtube.com/watch?v=YdgmH9Vv2-I

That would look cool but it would be so easy to screw it up with bad CGI.

No. That's a shit story told in a good way.

Relevant.

Hands perhaps, I'd say Lake never graduates beyond "blank most important person in the universe template"

As long as they change the appearance of the villain. He looks so much like Bane from the Dark Knight Rises that it's practically plagiarism

dialogue is ok though, lots of cheese but that's par for the course with star wars

"you assumed no force could challenge you"

it's a shitty rehash of a new hope

make Darth jar jar

>screenshotting his own autistic plot

Ewan is actively trying to play Obi Wan some more. Wait for one of the spin offs where he'll play him again

that's... actually pretty decent.

>I'd say Luke never graduates beyond "blank most important person in the universe template"

Really? I thought he really came into his own as a character in Episode V, then regressed horribly at the beginning of Episode VI (seriously, that scene with Jabba's Palace and how in control Luke is the entire time is like something out of TFA), only to go back to a real character by the end.

youtube.com/watch?v=oezZTXzXs90

Wasn't mine, actually. It was from a thread like this.

>Incorporate the Mandalorian Wars storyline from KOTOR: The dogmatic Jedi are unwilling to intervene to help the Republic, leading to widespread resentment from the people of the galaxy. Anakin and Obi-Wan, two headstrong Jedi, take the place of Revan and Malak and join the war anyway.

Hell, incorporate the Star Forge too. It would explain how the Separatists built a massive army and fleet without anybody noticing.

> If Disney were to remake the prequels and deem the originals non-canon, who should be cast in them, and what kind of changes should be made?

Do you not know how to fucking read or are you just a complete retard with the brain capacity and judgement of a sheep? Either way, you're an idiot.

Episode 3 Revenge of the Sith

Would you rather he retyped the whole thing?

>Jedi wearing armor

idk if that's a good idea, doesn't really fit with the whole "peaceful monks" thing

>morons only changing plot elements

The films are visually ugly and structurally bad. The plot details are fucking irrelevant.

decent, but no Neeson?

I mean he shows emotion, but thay doesn't stop him from being bland. His only motivation is to "do what's right/save the universe" and imo people completely exaggerate the extent of him being drawn towards the dark side. He never gets that complex.

>structurally bad. The plot details are fucking irrelevant.
What do you mean by structure, if not plot?

>The plot details are fucking irrelevant

This is the attitude that caused the prequels to be so shit in the first place. A great story and characters more than make up for weak visuals, just look how popular a lot of old movies with bad CGI are.

>using words and not knowing their meanings the post

We're discussing the fucking canon are you genuinely this retarded? Or do you think the plot from these horror shows is acceptable?

I didn't write it but I mean just because there's no Qui-Gon doesn't mean there can't be a Neeson.
Fuck, there could even be a Qui-Gon, he just wouldn't be as central to the plot.

>TOR cinematic

Might as well draw from the Alderaan one too

youtube.com/watch?v=1ToztqqDcaY

>not posting the newest ones

literally their best ones but I love me some satele

youtube.com/watch?v=Nzq9epS2b1A

youtube.com/watch?v=LbpDxrew4A0

It was to demonstrate how far he's come in terms of ability. The control he demonstrates there is a contrast to his nearly complete loss of it later in the film. The real core of Luke's conflict in VI is spiritual and moral more than merely physical. In that sense he was very much vulnerable. His character arc comes to a close when he throws his lightsaber away, not when he beats up Vader.

Establishing his power early on makes that gesture more meaningful than it otherwise would have been--even if the Tatooine sequence doesn't mesh well with the rest of the movie in other ways.

VI is a mess, but I think it handles Luke well.

The new ones aren't really applicable, though. They're good, but I was thinking of scenes that would work in a hypothetical prequel remake.

You spelled "Episode 5 The Empire Strikes Back" wrong

1 is better than 3, otherwise this is correct.

It's pretty good though. Granted, everything before season 3 is total ass, but seasons 4 and 5 are GOAT
>dat darth maul arc

What if I were to say that episode 7 was my favorite in the series? I was by no means a big star wars fan, and I don't think I've seen all of the old ones. But I have seen most of the series and it was safe to say it never grabbed me.

But episode 7 was FUN. That was something the old movies never had. Maybe they held nostalgia for you, and maybe they were the first to do some cool sci fi things. But in our modern age, they just don't hold up quite the same anymore when surrounded by so many incredible modern age sci fi movies. I know none of you like episode 7, so you will probably have your mind blown. But it is my favorite star wars movie, I'm not afraid to admit it. :)

-claude, 10/14/16 "I am an albatross that is just afraid to fly"

thanks reddit.

This is great.

You could probably spend a good chunk of the movie on "Vader" (now wearing a mask and using that name exclusively hunting down Obi-Wan, who's the highest-ranking surviving member of the Jedi and is trying to lead them to safety. The the finale involves both sides fighting and Obi-Wan as the last man standing. He's about to kill Anakin, then the mask slips off or breaks or something, he realizes who it is, and he's so shocked/horrified that he just runs away instead of finishing the job.

Episode 7 was a ride. It felt fast and fresh and epic and it made me interested in watching some of the other movies... I haven't cause they look so dated, but it got me interested