So true

So true...

so deep! upvoted

really activates your almonds

>not believing that god has a plan for all of us

this changed my life

I think the ironic part is that Rick and Morty is that the creators are a mix of Cred Forums and reddit. Most of Cred Forums seems to hate it now that it got popular.

>nobody exists on purpose

Is this supposed to be deep? Even a philosophy undergrad knows it's a category error

Babby's first existential crisis

My neurons are on fire right now

>taking pholosophy advice from a man child cartoon

Wow man, i could feel my fedora slightly tilt after each line of that picture

Apparently it is deep, at least relatively speaking, since most of the human population can't process it and believes their life has some purpose. You're retarded.

no, you misunderstand me. there are a number of objections to the statement... existence precedes purpose, purpose implies intent, for example. a statement like "nobody exists on purpose" is just a jumble of categories. it's like asking "what's the smell of success". "what's the meaning of life" is another question like this.

it's not deep, it's just baffling (until you strip the question down).

>You're retarded.

hurr durr you got me

this

that said i wish i was never born

Oh I see, you're not retarded, just a hyperliteral weirdo who can't grasp any abstraction in speech and for some reason are analyzing this line in a show that is meant to sound off the cuff and emotional like it's a philosophy paper. Just stop.

While the moment is supposed to be slightly philosophical its a kid trying to put his teen sisters breakdown into prespective, why does everyone expect it to be WOW SO DEEP.

>Child cartoon

Waitt, you actually leave children alone with this?

Ikr. I went to college for one year too, but thankfully I didn't turn into this guy.

Because the average poster here today is mildly retarded thanks to Cred Forums infestation, has no concept of context, and thinks that if something is put into a .jpg it's meant to be a world-shattering statement that they need to attack to feel better about their miserable lives.

The short answer is that almost everyone here is really, really excruciatingly dumb.

quit trying to act like you've won you faggot.

I'm simply saying that it's not a deep statement, it's more like a non-statement, and that it's really stupid that people obsess over it to the point of getting it tattooed. (pic related).

>that is meant to sound off the cuff and emotional

are you sure about that? they spent time burying themselves and called it back in a later episode (the quote at hand).

?

If people believe their life has purpose then it does.

You have to be really unintelligent to think your life has purpose, which invalidates whatever they believe.

>heh, I'm so much smarter than this board
>after all, this board is one person
>muh Cred Forums boogeyman explains it

please (PLEASE) go back to el reddito

I didn't say "think", I said "believe". Maybe try reading instead of smelling your own farts?

What the fuck are you even saying here?

>tfw when you accepted this at age 9

I didn't say it was one person, in fact I specifically used the phrase "average person" which is a direct acknowledgement of it consisting of more than one person. Thanks for illustrating my point though. And yes, it is that obvious when you're from Cred Forums. You are so strikingly dumb that it's obvious.

we did it reddit

Then there was one enemy left; two if you counted god.

And people who believe that are fucking idiots.

upvoted

No, actually you are the very definition of an idiot. You are unable to find meaning in things, completely lost in your bubble of ignorance, but your stupidity is so vast that you think that makes you superior.

wtf im a #muslimmissile now

You're a brainwashed drone who is so mentally damaged that you think "beliefs" are magically exempt from rationality and criticism. This is why religious indoctrination should be illegal, falling under abuse. Kill yourself.

this onetime I tried to socialize with some normies and they all got drunk and started talking about life

This one douchebag started talking about how life has no objective meaning and we need to "invent our own meaning" and focus on the "people we wuv"

I got so angry I could only contain my anger by muttering under my breath, "reddit, reddit, reddit", I don't think any body noticed or if they did they just thought I was still freaking out a little from the pot

Lesson learned though - don't even make the effort, fucking reddit will ambush you everywhere

Butthurt wagies ITT are up late defending their kiddie philosophy from a cartoon.

Get to bed, you've got a big day tomorrow before the weekend.

Work hard and leave the philosophy and the higher arts to your NEET overlords.

Tick tock.

Yep. Muh contrarianism in full swing.

*teleports behind savages*

>Quoting Ke$ha

>knowing anything kesha ever said

There is no rational argument against belief.

Sometimes I feel like people on Cred Forums are too cynical.

Rick and Morty is a fine show and it's got some really good episodes. The one with the Space Parasites in Season 2 is such a great concept and it's executed so well.

Anyone can make a rational argument against belief by assessing how the belief relates to reality. What a moronic statement. The funniest part about this is that judging by your shitposting logic you're probably a Cred Forums tard who has invested thousands of hours into crying that "believing you're a woman doesn't make you one if you're a man."

see

existence precedes purpose from an existantialist point of view which is, ironically, relatable to the theme foundation of Rick and Morty.
It's just one of many approaches so it's not THAT obvious
There's still now pieces of media who chose a theleological basis in setting their worlds, which is another approach.

Belief is a human construct, so therefore it must have "meaning" insofar as anything can have "meaning". I agree that humanity is a falsehood and nothing can really be known, but the fact is you have to live here with everyone else so you have to accept that empty ideas and empty thoughts have power.

Why do modern day nihilists, being meekly carried along with the cultural zeitgeist, believe they have the intellectual high ground? It takes a mind better suited for critical & abstract thinking to find conviction in belief than to lazily regurgitate the same non-ideas that trickle down through the culture.

>"believing you're a woman doesn't make you one if you're a man."
If they would actually believe they're women I'd accept that to their minds they are women but to everyone else they're a man who believes he's a woman, the problem is that the man himself also knows he's a man who wants to feminize himself so there is no belief here because of the connection to reality, only desire. You're misusing words.

>contrarianism is always superior

Adolescent

Nihilism is soul-poison. What are you supposed to do after arriving at that conclusion?

0 is where man starts. He has the choice to either move forward or stay.

>soul

spooky

Saw this on reddit yesterday and upvoted it

why? because you say so?

Because they are intellectually superior to you. Through your word salad you're just trying to deny the fact that nihilists have assessed reality for what it is rather than making up nonsense and calling it fact. Nihilism isn't a choice, it's a consequence of not being stupid. You're fucking brain dead.

>reads a wikipedia article on Fredrich Neitzsche once

Nothing, but that doesn't matter. Whether you do nothing or something in life, everyone is dead and buried within a cosmic blink.

itt: quotes that are badly taken out of context of shows by leddit and used to sound deep but are quite good in context of the show

Even Nietzsche knew that nihilism's ultimate result was suicide. That's on the books

Have you noticed you end every post you make with calling the person you're replying to stupid? It's very repetitive.

In other news, people's natural ability to attribute meaning to things keeps society, law and country intact while angsty nihilistic teenagers cry about life having no meaning while arguing with people on the internet for reasons unknown to nihilisim.

>m-m-muh edgy quote isn't that bad g-guys *buttons trenchcoat*

So kill yourself, right now. It's the only logical conclusion, after all.

There's no reading necessary for that conclusion, just a functional brain. Maybe a bit of knowledge on the evolution of life to realize that life is literally just another variation of arrangement of the same particles which constitute every other thing.

I'm not nihilistic

>a fictional and not particularly intelligent teenage boy in a TV show tries to articulate his newly established worldview as a result of his misadventures
>Cred Forums immediately leaps to the assumption that the writers must be edgy teenagers who prattle on about entry-level nihilist theory

It's juvenile and simplistic because the character is juvenile and simplistic. Do you morons also think the people who write Westerns are all cowboys in real life?

Hi

please stay in your containment boards

How bout you go back ?

It's not edgy though, within the context of the show. It makes sense when it's said.

You don't have to watch Rick and Morty, user. It's fine if it doesn't appeal to you. But don't you have anything better to do than shit post about shows you haven't seen?

Nihilism definitely isn't productive. It's still true, and it isn't a choice. It just happens when you aren't a moron capable of deceiving yourself with bedtime stories for infants.

In other words, all films are simply an assortment of colors, if you wanna be even more intelligent and knowledgeable just an assortment of pixels, computers are just an assortment of 1s and 0s and emotions are just chemicals. Genius!

t. arrangement of particles

But we are particle phenomena that exist within multiple of our own lifetimes worth of space-time. Even within the context of infinity, it is within an interest many exponential times greater than us that we preserve the unique nature of our most unique traits, such as amino acids, vitamins and RNA. If you view it on a truly infinite plane, the universe as we (you) know it exists in spite of the fact that by all probabilities it should not. How do you explain it?

You're exactly right. I'm deceiving myself in everything I do and I'm planning to deceive myself until the day I die, so much so that I'll think all my deceptions are truths until my last breath, and I'll die happy.

This is Cred Forums, we have unironic capeshit fans here, what were you expecting?

nobody likes a pedant, gary

>autism

Well it's true if you delude yourself into thinking that as a somewhat clever ape floating on a rock in several related galactic clusters you are privy to everything a universe or indeed any number of universes has in store

how many centuries will we lose from colonizing space simply because of the fedora may may?

None, we won't stay alive that long.

>i like cartoons
>i like funny cartoons
>i find rick and morty to be complete shit

Why do millennials like this trash?

You mean it's true if you make the most logical assumption possible based on the fact that humans are comprised of atoms and consciousness is a chemical reaction which ceases at death. People have no intrinsic quality that indicates "purpose" or any other spiritual nonsense morons delude themselves into believing.

It's definitely a great show with great writing. You're most likely just a complete retard. If you post on Cred Forums you can be certain of that.

>It's definitely a great show with great writing.

It was nothing but le edgy bleddit shit. You should try watching Simpsons season 1-9 or Futurama.

God, it's almost unbelievable how dumb you are.

The ultimate goal of any self-perpetuating reaction is to continue itself

Higher purpose is merely an organic building upon that basic chemical fact

I'm sorry your specific chemical reaction rendered you a shitstain on the pants of reality who thinks his perception is the ultimate test of reality.

Speaking of categories: A question is not a statement.

holy...I want more

>Reddit and Memety

This, I tried easing myself in with highlight videos but I found a lot of "I'm right because the tone I say it in is emphatic and somewhat sarcastic" rather than arguments and humor that are built around the development of insightful jokes presented on a relatable level. It reminds me of fucking albino blacksheep animations, not anywhere near futurama

Perception isn't the ultimate test of reality, but your feelings aren't a test at all. Nonsensical fairy tales that you make up in your head are definitely false, and believing they're true or even have a remote chance of being true definitely makes you an idiot.

Define "true".

>Nonsensical fairy tales that you make up in your head are definitely false

So much euphoria, I can't take it.

This whole thread has so many euphoric fans defending it that my fedorah has grown three sizes just by lurking in here

How can people like you trust yourselves to do anything? You were brainwashed by teens on the internet into equating any insult of your damaged, irrational way of thinking with a hat from the 50s. Think about that, dwell on how indicative that is of extremely low intelligence. You're so fucking dumb that you were brainwashed by internet shitposting, and you're trying to muse on philosophy? You're out of your league doing simple arithmetic.

The show constantly call's morty stupid, that's the character and it work's in the context of the show.
He just explained what he learned from his adventures in the only way he could, it just werk's.

My feelings have nothing to do with it. But your inability to accept anything beyond your limited scope is your own fairy tale.

nobody like Cred Forums faggot

>You're so fucking dumb that you were brainwashed by internet shitposting

So were you. Atheist shitposting is what led to the creation of the fedora and euphoric memes. Even the owners of r/eddit got so embarrassed by r/atheism that they fucking moved it to the basement.

>every existing thing is born without reason prolongs itself out of weakness and dies by chance

Why cartoons are obsessed with Sartre?

>beyond your limited scope

Just refer to that "limited scope" as logic and reason, it's more honest and you're not fooling anyone anyway.

They may not strictly be "your feelings" but what it boils down to ultimately is that you literally make stuff up with no basis at all and consider that it might be true even though you haven't even a slight fragment of evidence suggesting that is the case. You then say anyone who doesn't subscribe to this extremely delusional way of thinking has a "limited scope."

So how is self-preservation in and of itself not a separate goal from the entropy and nothingness that you, as a nihilistic, believe in, and why does that discount it as a philosophical ideal?

Atheism is simply the logical and rational conclusion of intelligent men you fucking moron, if you trust anything else guess what that makes you? An imbecile. Go ahead, call me a fedora you bible-thumping Christian white fuckhead.

Actually I was sitting in Sunday school when I was fucking 9 and suddenly made note of the fact that everything I was being bombarded with was bullshit with no supporting evidence. As I got older it turned out that religious people really do have a low average IQ, that their beliefs are filled with contradictions, that anyone who calls themselves "spiritual" is an insufferable, empty-headed imbecile.

Atheists had nothing to do with the fedora meme. Religious people started saving masturbation folders full of overweight catholics wearing hats and calling them atheists as a modern day version of screaming "heretic." Western religious people can't murder rational individuals or turn them into social pariahs, so they resort to other measures. In the end it's because you're stupid and can't argue, which makes sense because you have belief system equivalent of Harry Potter.

>Atheism is simply the logical and rational conclusion of intelligent men you fucking moron

Oh my God this is too fucking funny. Post back when you pass the age of 15.

You don't remember the internet of 2005 to 2008 when atheism ran rampant on the internet in all it's glory. That lasted about 3 years before all the leaders started saying things that were batshit insane, constantly being accused of rape allegations, and generally having nutcase extreme left or right wing political beliefs.

Luckily those days are long gone and most atheist leaders (and their followers) are laughed at on the interwebs.

one time i stopped smoking weed for a couple weeks, and then i celebrated that accomplishment with a huge tightly packed bowl. i got so stoned so quickly that i accidentally let my guard down and gave the interdimensional parasites an opening to find me and attack again. and while my body filled with the usual mind-numbing horror of their imminent arrival, i was simultaneously overcome with a new terror for all of humanity. it was as if parasites had assumed the form of a giant black planetoid that was hurtling towards earth. i had flashes of past gestalts throughout history and all the so called accomplishments our race has achieved. from living in caves, to huts, to villages, to the beginnings of civilization, to now. so much belief in our superiority and taking the "right of our existence" for granted, and how easily it would all be just knocked out with a cosmic rock tossed our way by some chaotic assholes to make a quick feast of our pain and terror.
obviously this destruction did not happen, but i am unsure if it was just a delusion they projected to torture me, or vision of the future yet to come.
either way, we are highly unlikely to get off this rock quickly enough to make a permanent mark on the rest of the galaxy before something else wipes us out, so in the end the end will be the end, and nothing that ever mattered will really have mattered at all.

>In the end it's because you're stupid and can't argue, which makes sense because you have belief system equivalent of Harry Potter.

Dude, you're fucking nuts. This brand of hardline atheism died almost 10 years ago. You're arguments are older than time itself and no self respecting atheist intellectual takes them seriously nor would they use them in any kind of debate.

>Religious people started saving masturbation folders full of overweight catholics wearing hats and calling them atheists as a modern day version of screaming "heretic."

This is false. You're too young to remember. What's next are you going to say the euphoria meme wasn't from an atheist, either?

But OPs pic is true.

You dont mean shit to this universe.

I really enjoy le hat meme because I can counter it simply by posting this fine lad here.

What do you say about that, Christcucks? HmmmMMMMMMMMM?

The universe isn't a sentient being. Humans, alongside with all the other sentient beings, are the only observers in the universe. No one means more or less than another, but that doesn't mean there's no meaning.

It did, but how is that even vaguely relevant to atheism? Some random guy represents atheists because you say so? But let me guess, the same doesn't apply to the hundreds of thousands of bafflingly retarded statements made by religious mental patients every day? You're a joke, you were brainwashed by meme spam.

Thank you. Recently I've begun thinking maybe irony and memes are bad for us as a whole, but your honesty reminded me why we resorted to irony in the first place.

>tfw the grace of god hits you hard

So atheists saying stupid shit like euphoria nonsense doesn't apply to all atheists, but religious people saying crazy things applies to all religious people?

See how crazy you sound? You're a dying breed bro. r/atheism for all intends and purposes is dead. Cred Forums is practically an evangelical church meeting, Dawkins is considered a fucking nut, and you're atheist ilk is a complete non-factor on the internet nowadays.

The fact that you're own stupid actions lead to the creation of these stupid memes (and that said memes were so unbelievably effective) proves how weak your cause was to begin with.

>Some random guy represents atheists because you say so? But let me guess, the same doesn't apply to the hundreds of thousands of bafflingly retarded statements made by religious mental patients every day?
>So atheists saying stupid shit like euphoria nonsense doesn't apply to all atheists, but religious people saying crazy things applies to all religious people?

I nu gud speak, nu understan

Really makes you think.... woah,.

>op stars reddit thread
>they come in droves

I was replying to your beliefs as a whole, not this particular statement (hence why I didn't green text it)

Jesus bro, stop embarrassing yourself.

>I was replying to your beliefs as a whole

Not the same guy and you obviously didn't since that statement I greentexted indicates that he believes something else entirely, thus you're attacking a strawman.

>stop embarrassing yourself
t. guy that's too stupid to follow the conversation and has to resort to making shit up

>the statement "success has no smell" is invalid because success doesn't have a smell

he's not asking a poorly constructed question, it's a refutation of a poorly constructed strawman... which is bad, but not grammatically wrong

The smell of success is Mila Kunis' bare feet after a day in leather boots

explain