Why didn't they just use the eagles to fly to Mordor?

Why didn't they just use the eagles to fly to Mordor?

the eye of sauron would have instagib'd them

Too expensive. Gimli refused to pay his share and Legolas left his wallet in his other cloak.

Why didn't they just use the fellbeasts to fly to the Shire?

>smugfrodo.jpg

They were grounded until the flying dragon things were eliminated.

Because then there would be no conflict and the book would be short and boring.

Nazgul/eagles arent anybodies bitches/easier to spot/track/sauron still had full army in mordor+saruman

Why don't Trumpf just grab Hillary's poosy?

Because it was fucking walk-o'clock.

warcraft is the non plothole version of lotr

Fell beasts would have spotted them when they were approaching, not to mention any birds or patrolling orcs on the way to Mordor.
Eagles were only able to carry them for a short time, dropped the Fellowship off at Gondor after the ring was destroyed.
They were pretty neutral, when the eagle rescued Gandalf from the tower it was mostly because he owed him a favor, as I recall.
I've heard someone say that the eagles would have been tempted to take the ring, but I'm not entirely sure about that.
That would have been too conspicuous, horses were stealthier all things considered.

I fuckin' hate the eagles man

Eagles can't fly dumbass.

the eagles are the messengers of the gods, and the gods don't want to intervene in mortal affairs, just like they told their other messengers (Gandalf, Sarumane, the hippy and the blue cucks) to power down in Middle Earth

Corrupting giant birds of prey with a ring that makes the wearer invisible sounds like a great idea.

>I've heard someone say that the eagles would have been tempted to take the ring, but I'm not entirely sure about that.

The ring exerts more influence on the powerful. It would have just reached out to the eagle carrying Frodo and offered up its power. The eagles were immensely powerful. So much so in fact that had they gotten the ring it'd end up serving them instead of being taken to Sauron - which would have meant everyone else fleeing underground with the dwarves to avoid the certain feathery death dominating the surface world above.

That's why Gandalf had the hobbits carry the ring as part of his centuries-spanning masterplan - he'd spent generations deliberately breeding the stupid bucolic little fuckers into becoming the perfect mules to carry the one ring: turned the entirety of the halfling race into ego-less window-licking mongs whom the ring couldn't exert its influence on quickly enough, if at all.

Butts too small, slid off, tolkien pedo, sssshhh

Can someone explain to me how this isn't the only answer? I mean the bird only fly in there after the ring is destroyed, right?

You are correct. Problem is, tolkien is utter shite.

They didn't fly so good

They Eye of Sauron in the books wasn't a literal lighthouse with an eye at the top like they showed in the movies. Anyway, the Nazgul would have intercepted them with the fell beasts.

Becuase it was an asspull out of nowhere.

Why didn't frodo just hide the ring up his ass?

after that he could've just climbed into an eagle's ass and fly to Mordor

why did the orcs just use the eagles to fly in their take out orders if they had menus to order from?

>Why didn't frodo just hide the ring up his ass?
>after that he could've just climbed into an eagle's ass and fly to Mordor
Then The One Ring would still have corrupted the eagle through both the eagle and Frodo's own rings.