Is it kino? Should I watch it?

Is it kino? Should I watch it?

It's MEW kino. Who knives waifu here?

Scott was horribly miscast.

Otherwise it's alright. It's about the problems of spoiled rich kids from last decade, yet it's the last kinographic gasp of the good bits of the 00's.

Watch it if you feel like it, if not you're fine.

Any suggestions for scott? Haven't thought about it before.

It's /waifucore/

Honestly, I don't know who was in their early 20s around 2009-2010 who could have played Scott.

Michael Cera is too... waif-like to be a good Scott and he basically played himself in this movie. Scott struck me as more... average? (Although "average" probably still means vaguely better looking/more naturally self-confident than Cera.)

He's a loser but the kind who needed a kick in the ass to get his life in shape, not meme-tier like Cera.

Envy > Julie > Knives (Long Hair) > Green Ramona > Kim > Knives' Friend > Pink Ramona > Stacey > Roxy > Knives (Short Hair) > Blue Ramona

Evan Peters could work

it's kind of gay

Yeah fair enough man. Scott was definitely more normal and even a bit of a dick sometimes. Thinking about it they really picked cera because he was a meme at the time.

That being said I don't think he was too horrible from what I remember.

Hipster garbage
Dyed hair, delivers packages via multi-dimensional means, look at how she dresses, how quirky!
Oh look, they used video game stuff!
I love to pretend to love old video games!

His ugly face bothered me and also made it unrealistic that he could ever score any of the girls he did.

If he'd at least been a good looking selfish slacker, it would make sense. Also he'd look cooler in the fights.

Actually he would have been a great choice for it, that's a pity in retrospect.

Yeah, Cera was huge at the time and it was fairly obvious why he was chosen. Cera was ok and the movie was ok, it's just that when comparing them, the tones of movie and the comics are completely different and I think a lot of it was due to Cera. In addition to having to stuff so much material into one movie of course.

This was made in 2010 and filmed shortly before, before those aspects of culture completely metastasized throughout culture and it was more bearable/at least easier to ignore.

I have a half-assed theory that doesn't belong on Cred Forums, but the sum-up of it is that a lot of SJWs enjoyed a lot of the hipster aspects of 00's youth culture but were too young/fat/poor or something to enjoy it themselves, then once they got older we got a lot of the horrible millennial youth culture we have now.

You must be really fun at parties.
>this music's too loud
>is that song from the 90's? lame.
>why is that guy krumping? what a pretentious fuckwad
>my feet hurt, I wish I was at home posting on 4chin

>It's about the problems of spoiled rich kids
What? Scott is a total bum basically taking advantage of his friends' generosity and about 90% of the cast were all working class

it is a really bad movie. but I watched it coming back from afghanistan. after I killed like 20 dudes. the wholr idea of scott pilgrim is retarded.

Cring inducing.

Cred Forums's opinion on this changes throughout the day. I personally love it and can watch it a few times a week. Absolutely hilarious, so much subtle humor that you can miss. Definitely a few cringe scenes (Demon hipster chick song, and lesbian girl) but the rest is really good. Absolutely everything with Chris Evans and Brandon Routh is comedy gold though. New New.

I never knew how much I wanted this until now

its a fun ride

>was it kino?
>was it autism?
>cuck
>kys
>cringe
>was it kino?
>faggot
>autism the post
>was it kino?
>edge
>was it kino?
>was
>it
>kino?
>was it autism?

>Absolutely everything with Chris Evans and Brandon Routh is comedy gold though.
"And the cleaning lady? She cleans up...dust. She dusts."

This movie was fucking awesome, a true comic book movie in every sense of the word. I feel like they could have given the Katyanagis a little more development but that's actually the only one of the books I didn't reread like obsessively. Roxy, they really didn't do her character justice, and they gave her Envy's weak point which made no sense.

>In June 2013, Scott Pilgrim creator Bryan Lee O'Malley, who is of Korean and white Canadian parentage, stated that he regretted the fact that the film's cast was predominantly white, and that there were not enough roles for minorities.

YOU MADE EVERYONE WHITE
FUCK YOU

O'Malley made up for it a little with Seconds though.

I feel like Zoe Kravitz would have been good to play Hazel.

Yeah the pacing got a little messed up but only because they spent so much time on everyone else. I was fine with it. I went to Toronto in April and went to Casa Loma (Lucas Lee movie set) and walked up the big ass set of stairs there.

>WAS IT KEEENNOOOOO?????
>WAS IT AUTISM?????
>CRINGE THE POST

This actor triggers me by his mere presence

Ok flick saved by Wright's great cinematic flow