ITT: Post movies you loved when you were younger, but find absolutely shitty upon re-watching in later years

ITT: Post movies you loved when you were younger, but find absolutely shitty upon re-watching in later years.

I remember this one as being a lot better than it was.

Spaceballs

Day after tomorrow

Die hard, saving private ryan, forrest gump, every spielberg movie.

>Die Hard
stopped reading there, gr8 b8 m8, I am booty bothered

I was Indy mad as a kid and saw this movie 20 times. looking back its total shit ... how many annoying characters can they cram into one film?

HA

I actually thought about this very thing a couple days ago, and let me tell you I used to like some pretty rancid shit.

>Batman & Robin
>Jurassic Park 3
>Independence Day

Just to name a few, but I know there are more, I just can't think of them right now.

>every spielberg
agree on this, with the exception of Raiders of the Lost Ark which is a 10/10. The rest of his films don't really hold up

Battlefield Earth, holy fuck what was I thinking?

I feel ya my man, I like almost anything with spaceships in it.

I still kind of like this one, but not nearly as much as I used to.

I watched this piece of shit probably 40-50 times between the ages of 10-12
One of my friends would watch it with me all the time too.
Feels embarrassing.

Young me had some shit taste this was one of my favorite movies

OP here.
Yeah I used to love that one too.

Kinda figures young people will be into Roland Emmerich movies until reaching a certain point of maturity, because his movies are basically saturday-morning-cartoon level writing.

Yes this came out in 2005 (I am 22 now damnit - yes this movie is 11 years old) yet I can't believe I assumed the CGI and effects were amazing when I watched those many years ago

Maybe it's because it came out like a year or two too late for me to be in it's demographic, but I felt like this movie came out in like 2009.
Why does time move so quickly after the age of 14?

>Why does time move so quickly after the age of 14?
because life after school sucks

>high school was the best time of his life
Easiest way to spot a complete loser desu

>tfw you find out this took place BEFORE Raiders

If you can't check your juvenile tendencies, you avoid socializing with others, and can't get your life in order then yeah I'm sure it does.

ferris buellers day off

>haven't rewatched JP2 because I know it won't live up to my memories

InGen was the best part of the movie.

This.

I did the mistake of re-watching JP3, so I'm avoiding JP2 to leave the memories untarnished. However JP2 wasn't as bad 3 was it?

u r faget

It wasn't, I think. The Mission Impossible writer wrote 2, while four guys (of whom one wrote the Eragon movie) wrote 3.

Also Spielberg instead of the Rocketeer director, but this is less relevant and only worth mentioning because Spielberg did the first one as well.

I'm probably in the minority that likes 3 better than 2.

the moment the little kid does gymnastics to get away from the dinosaur I was like fuck this trash.

>dig through old boxes
>find box of old elementary school books
>look through them
>discover a 40 page Jurassic Park 3 fanfiction "novel" I wrote
>its nothing but detailed descriptions of people getting violently killed by dinosaurs with a paper-thin plot and story
>see the teacher's note on the last page
>"see me"
>mfw