If you didn't cry at the end of this, you don't have a soul

If you didn't cry at the end of this, you don't have a soul.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IyOL-f_UO5k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>his """rebellion""" ends up getting more than 3 times as many niggers killed comapered to the amount of whites they killed

What did he mean by this?

>he went and saw this

Many blacks died to make America the country it is today. The peaceful society we have today was build on the backs of black enslaved americans. This exploitation of the black community continues to this day. I think this institutionalized racism has to end for there to be truly peace. In addition, blacks are owed reparations, so the playing field is leveled.

>not immersing yourself in all forms of cinema

How to spot a true pleb

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Souls aren't real.

Whatever you say man.

Why would you watch obvious race-baiting propaganda? You feeling guilty about something you didn't do?

Exactly which part of literally racism is funny to you? People died, man. Blacks were treated like they weren't humans. The least you could do is show some compassion and humility.

>Blacks were treated like they weren't humans.
Because they're not.

Because I enjoy watching good film

>Hey Jimbo ya know only 1.4 percent of white Americans owned black slaves at the HEIGHT of slavery? Isn't that just quacking crazy?

>he didn't
Fucking LOL
go watch the next nolan flickerino kid

racist.

Kill yourself, absolute scum. You're the reason there are wars and suffering.

lol

Seriously dude, as an European I'm getting sick of seeing my country slowly becoming a new Muslimistan, but at least have some common sense

>making a film about a baby killer and not mentioning all of the baby killing

what did he mean by this?

Let me guess, your only problem with them is that they don't "assimilate", right?

>making one of the main reasons of Turner's rebellion be the rape of his wife, even though he didn't have a wife

What did (((they))) mean by this?

>>>/tumblr/

I honestly think the reason is benign: they are making Hollywood schlock. They are incapable of making a movie about a man who did bad things for ambiguous reasons.

Crying because of any movie is the gayest thing ever

>The peaceful society we have today
I stopped reading there.

Imagine being this insecure

Thanks for CTR!
I am now a #hillshill

I might have no soul but at least i'm not a nigger.

nice try schlomo, kikes have been using that buzzword for years to try and convince men that feminizing themselves is a sign of being "secure in your masculinity"
>what you don't want your wife to fuck other men? how insecure
>homosexual relationships make you uncomfortable? lol insecure much
>you participate in any traditionally masculine activity? probably just insecure about your tiny penis

kek

kill yourself

>Not staying at home and watching the far superior 1915 version

Black angst is so goddamn tired at this point. They're the needy bitchy emos of our species' high school cliques as races. Fucking get over it.

>You're the reason there are wars and suffering.
thats not even remotely true
youre just a crybaby faggot

Ironic post is ironic

>Because they're not.

This is true.

This remake everything meme is getting out of hand, Incoming Citizen Kane remake circa 2019

>remake

It's not a remake, it just used the name so that muh niggas will see it come up when they look for The Birth of a Nation 100 years from now -- y'know, when they'll still be complaining about slavery.

Africa today

>retarded autists will fall for this weak bait

this makes me sad :`(

why do blacks hate themselves?

WERE.

WERE.

They WERE.

WERE, you fucking crybaby, WERE.

T. Insecure neckbeard

>Blacks were treated like they weren't humans

Hehehe

>Blacks were treated like they weren't humans.

I cried

Because as a black man it reminded me of how we in many ways degraded as a people as we became more free. We kill each other in large amounts after surviving slavery and other untold horrors. Most blacks either ignore our history or dont care enough to learn about it. We have a lot to be proud of but the list gets smaller in conprison to the trash were collectively accumulating by being niggers in freedom where we were men in servitude

>Blacks were treated like they weren't humans

You white people seem to have no awareness of what blacks are doing to each other in Africa.

>You white people seem to have no awareness of what blacks are doing to each other in Africa.

>2016

>"KILL WHITEY"

>"DESTROY ALL WHITENESS"

>"WHITENESS IS A CANCEROUS PLAGUE"

As a white man who knows full well that he'll never have to actually worry about blacks having the sheer power to ACTUALLY do all that, what would I have to gain by throwing my support behind such rhetoric in the name of ""progress""?

Contrary to popular belief spun by recent fad-shit media fictions, white people are certainly in no danger of dying off all on our own/being breeded out, and I personally think the BLM rhetoric itself is INHERENTLY anti-me, so why would I give any credence to it what so ever?

i dont mean to impose, but i am the ocean

youtube.com/watch?v=IyOL-f_UO5k

Made me proud of being black despite the current situation

I showed compassion and humility with To Kill a Mockingbird, then with The Color Purple, 12 Years a Slave, The Help, and Django Unchained.

After a little while, the "Black slaves had it really bad" setting loses its punch. Especially when you realize how shit it was and still is in Africa. Beasts of No Nation was actually refreshing and highlighted a much more modern and serious issue. But because it doesn't vindicate anyone or justify a victim complex, it's not as frequently portrayed.

Yeah, no white man, native american, indian, middle-eastern, asian, or european has ever done anything like this in the recent past.

Try harder amigo.

JUST TERN UR BRAINE OFF BRO XD

They have. But the thing is niggers still doing it. They never change. They are behind in evolution.

They are doing the work for us. *high five*

>neckbeard

Now a buzzword weapon for women. Maybe next time you'll try to argue like a person.

>Implying I paid money to watch Oscarbait

I have no real interest in seeing the movie that was made to sweep the Oscars this year.

Seriously. It's THE only Black movie and after last year's #oscarssowhite bullshit it will win every category. Hell, I hope it had an animated section somewhere in there so it will win that too just for the cherry on the shit sundae.

Then SJW retards on Twitter will still complain that all of it was given to just one film when there weren't any others anyway since there is no pleasing these people.

>Being a man
>Crying about anything except your mother's death

He is Nat Turner in name only, it's the same with why the film is called birth of the nation

>>Blacks were treated like they weren't humans

>You white people seem to have no awareness of what blacks are doing to each other in Africa.

They're already complaining that it shouldn't get nominated to begin with because it's another movie about slavery

Did you know they were all jewish too?

Who wins, this or Denial?

For fuck's sake. See? What other black-actor centered movie even came out in the time-span to be nominated? It's either projects like this or Tyler Perry movies. I don't even mind Tyler Perry movies. I get a chuckle out of some of them but other than Spike Jonze there are no big black directors and all the good black actors out there are dying.

This movie is a shoe-in and yet it still won't please them.

No, you're thinking of darkies.

Seriously, we all have souls. I would never deny that darkies have souls. I only said that because you're claiming I had to have the exact response you had to qualify as having a soul, and that is the way of fascism. The way NIGGERS ALL THINK!

>Spike Jonze
I'm sure I'm just happily biting an easy bait

Tyler Perry should be nominated.

It would be funny.

Pardon my ignorance but literally what is so wrong about killing rebels that have set out to harm you, your family and your property, and making an example of their leader?

He is one of the only big black directors. Name some more prominent ones.

>If you didn't cry at the end of this, you don't have a soul.
Well, I'm black, so no shit. Having a soul is yet another WHITE PRIVLEDGE that we African Americans have to deal with.

OP here. You're all fucked in the head. This was an incredibly moving and powerful movie. Just because you have some sort of grudge against black people, doesn't mean this film is any less of a masterpiece

Fuck off. Black people are animals. I say that from experience, not the safety of my mothers living room. And because they are animals, the movie must be put into the category of Homeward Bound or Milo and Otis, and while those are considered good movies, they won't ever be considered as "masterpieces", because they are animal movies.

Has Cred Forums ever been wrong?

It's by a rapist, though. So... I am boycotting it. But I'm glad you had a good time at the movies.

Shut the fuck up dickweed

As someone who is half black, I refused to go see this movie. It was so blatantly obvious that it was BLM propaganda/race bait. Literal BLM in its advertising. 12 years a Slave was a solid movie, not because to was playing the victim complex, but because it was accurate. It showed both blacks AND whites are capable of good. BLM represents all that is ugly and wrong about black society. Taking no responsibility, playing victim to shit that happened before they were jizz in their dads sack, acting like fucking savages, and literally hating whites and the police. Having that cancer near this movie spoke loud and clear what kind of movie it would be

>Nate Parker’s The Birth of a Nation simply isn’t emotional or visionary enough to erase the impact and importance of D. W. Griffith’s 1915 The Birth of a Nation. It takes more than chutzpah to make a great movie or to overrun the contradictions accumulated around a film that did more than tell a one-sided story but revealed the enormous ambition, the deep, enraging imperfections, and the idiosyncrasy of America’s racial heritage. Parker’s attempt to elevate the 1831 insurrection and mass murders by the black slave Nat Turner suggests a juvenile, way-late, equal-time riposte — as if to answer Griffith’s old slander with an even older, bloodier slander. Sadly, it proves Parker doesn’t understand either Griffith’s film or Turner’s revolt.

>Even though Turner acted out the savagery that Bernie Sanders supporters never connect to the buzzword “revolution” (William Styron controversially narrated Turner’s uprising in his 1967 novel The Confessions of Nat Turner), Parker depicts the slave rebellion as an inevitable redress of evil. (He trades Griffith’s artistically innovative eye for his own jaded indie-movie eye. The white villains seem colorless and the black victims seem featureless.) Through Hollywood-style and Obama-era egotism, this angry, naïve epic about what was actually a failed insurgency is both Parker’s Reds and his self-martyring Braveheart. Lacking both radical form and revolutionary content, it’s an overinflated action movie.

>Parker’s own feral naïveté works best in his performance as Turner, showing agonized radicalization — a curse stemming from the misfortune of gaining literacy and tragic enlightenment. Turner learns to read and is permitted to preach in order to pacify other slaves. He interprets scripture beyond the opiate that slavemasters imagined, as a call to self-respect and self-defense based on the Children of Israel’s perseverance. Turner’s sermons go from calming slaves to arousing them. But when this paradox drives Turner mad, Parker’s writing and directing implies a sense of righteousness. He only touches on the complexity of African-American religiosity but succumbs to purely secular politicization. Jonathan Demme’s film of Toni Morrison’s Beloved should have taught him to take a spiritual, existential approach to slavery’s horrors and the intelligence by which blacks prevailed. It’s also unfortunate that Parker didn’t learn how Christianity affected the transplanted Africans’ resistance (as seen in the next century’s civil-rights movement) that Steven Spielberg showed in Amistad.

>Instead, the film’s references to ancestors’ religion (“The boy is a prophet. You are a child of God. You got purpose.”) are used to demean Christianity as a part of racist-capitalist control. But where’s the reformist charge of Haile Gerima’s pan-African slave epic Sankofa? (Elder Gerima didn’t buy into the Marxist panacea.) Ultimately, Parker cheats the internal battle between rage and faith that turned Turner into a killer.

In many respects I liked it. Though the heavily digital look and variable acting occasionally drew me out of proceedings, the incisive screenwriting and intimate directorial choices kept me engaged for the long haul. Overall, it belies its low budget, with a strong sense of period and place. The only major flaw I could perceive was that when it's dark outside, I can't even see ya

>watching historically inaccurate propaganda created to inspire violence against white people

its like BLM is actually hitler

>So it’s no surprise when “Strange Fruit” — and not some old-timey Negro spiritual — crops up as an angry-chic anachronism (in Nina Simone’s rendition). The heart-tugging lament is heard during a tableau of black bodies swinging from trees in choreographed, color-coordinated motion, representing the white retaliation that quashed Turner’s revolt. But that symbol-laden song itself has become irritating: Liberals seem to love “Strange Fruit” for its protest against the lynching of black Americans more than they demonstrably love black people — whose living and working conditions still contrast with the real-life advantages of those privileged song-lovers. The song congratulates protesters’ pity, and pity is always for the weak. Parker falls into that liberal trap by ripping off Griffith’s masterpiece without the insight and vision to inspire filmgoers beyond the patronizing “Strange Fruit.” Parker displays Obama Effect egotism, which is just about exhausted — as mounting frustrations, protests, and mediocre race films prove.

Pros:
Good title.
Not too long.

Cons:
Racially homogenous cast.
Overlong.
Implausible plot.

>Kills innocent people who had nothing to do with his enslavement
>"Oh its ok because they were rebelling."

Fuck Nat Turner

So did it show Natty or his followers kill white women and children?

Why did Turner kill innocent women and children? When red coats killed Mel Gibson's children, did he go and murder British women and children? NOPE!

Whites: 1
Niggers: 0

Red Tails was better

Still a fucking lot.

>put down Rebellion
>whites kill slaves who weren't involved to terrorize black population

What's not get? Whites chimp out when afraid.

Roots will always be an infinitely better movie than this shit

What the fuck are you talking about?

lies

>whites hicks died to line rich peoples pockets

Why do Southerners pride themselves over their ancestors dying literally for the 1%?

Your thinking of Spike Lee.

>masterpiece
Show your working. I thought it was pretty mawkish.

>It showed both blacks AND whites are capable of good.
How do you know that this movie doesn't if you haven't seen it?

>Contrary to popular belief spun by recent fad-shit media fictions, white people are certainly in no danger of dying off all on our own/being breeded out, and I personally think the BLM rhetoric itself is INHERENTLY anti-me, so why would I give any credence to it what so ever?

Exactly.

Not only /thread, but /subject.

>homosexual relationships make you uncomfortable? lol insecure much
Way to sneak this one in there. Yes, if you get triggered by a relationship between two consenting adults, then you are a weak little bitch.

Half of what this guy's talking about isn't in the movie.

>If you didn't cry at the end of this, you don't have a soul.
So?

It looked damn good. Apart from there was one scene near the end with very obvious CGI smoke.

>Racially homogenous cast
Are you a fucking idiot?

no

native american, indian, middle eastern, and asian creatures still regularly do it

only whites are actually civilized

On the other hand, all Muslims must die because they are inherently evil and support the genocide of infidels even when they don't.

the saddest words of tongue or pen

are that Cred Forums was right again

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

>Niggers thinking the USA became a powerhouse on their backs and they are owed big time because of it

I'm sick of this myth, they simply made some people way richer than they normally would have, the key industry and infrastructure was all planned, overseen and often built by white immigrants.

They were a luxury item.

The USA is worse off in the long run for them being here.

Oh, piss off.

>I'm sick of this myth, they simply made some people way richer than they normally would have
Which is what we all do now.

I was talking about !2 years you nog

That wasnt the premise of the film at all. And the being owed something might have something to do with the slavery, brutal violence, murder etc

>mfw I actually did some work with a guy named Shlomo recently

I chuckled internally. It almost felt wrong saying his name out loud.

the movie was straight garbage.

Agreed. I don't attribute Julius Caesar's accomplishments to his slaves, I attribute them to Julius Caesar and his governance of his slaves.

He doesn't describe any scenes, so I'm not sure what you mean.

How would you rate the scene where his wife gets raped?

> And the being owed something might have something to do with the slavery, brutal violence, murder etc

They were better off under those conditions in the USA than if they were back in their homelands

They aren't owed anything, they live in one of the worlds best countries instead of living in some 3rd world dictator ridden shithole right now, they owe the USA.

>someone payed money to watch this

I never saw the movie, I just wrote some random film criticy comments to set up the spoilered Moonman reference. I fucking hate insolent apes, and I wouldn't even pirate this shit. Not even a 700mb YIFY rip.

>Millions of black people contributing to society and economy
>mixed race president
>USA worse off cause of blacks
>this is what Cred Forums believes

Oh boy oh boy oh boy

>They were better off under those conditions in the USA than if they were back in their homelands
This is what socially retarded racist spergs actually believe.

No, but maybe you are!

Pardon me. I meant how do you know Birth of a Nation doesn't portray blacks and whites as capable of good, if you haven't seen it?

>literal apology for human slavery
Lol

For your consideration

Official Govt Statistics so don't try argue the numbers

Facts are just racist I guess

It's true. All the blacks who came to America as slaves had been enslaved by their own people first. The first country to have an entirely free, enfranchised and numerically significant African-descended population was the United States.

Not an argument

read this

The Obama Effect (whatever that's supposed to mean), Turner's literacy being a curse, Strange Fruit congratulating pity ... He just makes massive extratextual leaps. He's not reviewing the movie, he's waving his dick around.

Christ, serves me right for expecting people to actually fucking discuss movies on this board ...

>15 ships

>"THEY WERE ALL JEWS!"

lol

>chimp out

that is OUR WORD, how dare you use it against us!

Not relevant to the movie.

Fucking hell
>America set them free
>just forget the slavery that came before that people had to be beaten in a fucking civil war to let go of lol
Inb4 confederateboos saying it was 'muh states rights'

>compassion
>humility
>on a Filipino moving picture board for girls

It's a nigger movie, every arts discussion board has been Cred Forums for two years, it's election year, our guy is the orange one with the penis... you were an idiot to expect anything else.

What part of 'they were first enslaved by other Africans' do you not understand?

The Obama Effect you should probably Google before deciding it's irrelevant.

>He just makes massive extratextual leaps.

He's a critic, not a reviewer.

I woudn`t even watch this bullshit.

>race-baiting propaganda?
How is it propaganda when it is based on facts?

I am not talking about how Turner is portrayed but it is 100% fact that whites owned black slaves.

People make historical films and it angers you? Why?

I loved the movie 12 Years A Slave because it was released before the SJW BLM period yet now you cannot watch any historical movie involving blacks without Cred Forums getting so pissed.

I just came back from watching the movie, and I'm literally shaking right now. Good movie though, it really made me think.

>How is it propaganda when it is based on facts?

How were Leni Riefenstahl's most propagandist works her documenaries? Most propaganda is based on facts. Between the facts and the interpretation falls the shadow.

If you didn't cry at the end of this, you don't have a soul.

>literally shaking right now

Fuck off tumblr hamplanet, you need a good raping from a whoreson buck nigger.

okay tell me: how is Birth of a Nation propaganda?

I was about right up until he added in the cliche as fuck shot of a black boy shedding one tear. That's pleb tier direction. Way to fuck up your Oscar bait, Nate!

I don't know, I haven't seen it, I'm just pointing out that it is not only possible but likely for propaganda to be based on facts. You sell a lie by weaving it into truth.

Sure blacks more crime and have higher unemployment but where's the numbers behind this, showing the economic output of black communities and what is lost by the chart you posted

What about the culture the black American communities have produced, some musicians have called blues the best thing US' ever exported. US is only a few hundreds years old, they're football clubs in England that are founded before your civil war. Black and white relations need a lot of healing, don't give up after a few generations after slavery

You are a fucking idiot. Whites did own blacks as slaves back in the time this movie was made hence it isn't propaganda you complete fucking moron.

>it can't be propaganda if it's based on facts

Pic related is not propaganda then fucking lel

Not him, but: it's made to order for BLM.

So no one cried at the end of it?

kek

As I'm sure you know, the existence of slavery itself isn't the propaganda element.

Nazis had huge rallies

Hence this isn't propaganda

>Official Govt Statistics so don't try argue the numbers
>these are the same people who claim jews control the world

Indeed. Fuck this place.

>let me project and assume all of Cred Forums is one person

He's talking about BLM and reverse racism against whites that's been rampant for the past few years. You live under a fucking rock?

>I don't know, I haven't seen it
/tv in a nutshell.

>He's a critic, not a reviewer.
>implying there's a difference

I was saying it in pleasure, though, I love this place. You fuck it if you want, but it has already fucked you. Yet unlike every other sexual partner a nigger has, you cannot give it HIV, because it's a website.

>Cred Forums isn't a hivemind meme

lmao

>the trailer for birth of a nation literally had scenes of blm interspersed in it

It doesn't excuse American slavery though.

Do you think it does? Or the fact that the slaves were eventually freed; do you think that excuses American slavery?

No, Cred Forums in a nutshell is you not reading the rest of the sentence that clarifies that I'm not the same person.

Eric

If you're that guy, you just described one of the main differences - the relationship between the writer's thoughts and the film that occasioned them.

>I don't care about the historical context of things

;^)

Oh, so nothing to do with the movie then?

I just think it's hilarious you're discussing a movie without having watched it at least once.

>I've given up on my shit argument :^)
Good.

So what was the propaganda element? just tell me already

rallies and owning slavery are 2 complete different things you fucking idiot.

How do you know that user is the user who said he hadn't seen it?

1998 The Replacement Killers
2000 Bait
2001 Training Day
2003 Tears of the Sun
2004 King Arthur
2007 Shooter
2010 Brooklyn's Finest
2013 Olympus Has Fallen
2014 The Equalizer
2015 Southpaw
2016 The Magnificent Seven

Have you even heard of Antoine Fuqua ya dip?

Probably not because he primarily directs movies instead of stirring up racial tensions like that worm cunt Spike "LEE"

I think that the fact that they became the first free black population in the world counterbalances slavery, but I don't see slavery as anything to blame or excuse, it was something that happened for economic reasons and was ended for other economic reasons. Lincoln wanted every freed slave shipped back to Africa.

But both are based on facts

And as you said things based on facts can't be propaganda

Pic related is a record of a historical event, not propaganda

I don't know, I haven't seen it, like I already fucking said.

Whites have been more civilised than that for the last 2,000 years.

I think it's hilarious that you don't know the definition of propaganda; try and learn how not to be a nigger, this is your ideal opportunity.

Steve McQueen

>Lincoln wanted every freed slave shipped back to Africa.
No he didn't you moron

3000 really

Yes he did, learn something about your country's history.

But whites did own blacks as slaves you fucking idiot hence it isn't propaganda.

you still are not telling me why you think it is propaganda.

>propaganda. : ideas or statements that are often false or exaggerated and that are spread in order to help a cause, a political leader, a government, etc.
That is the meaning of the word just so you know

>this movie is propaganda because I say so!
Appealing argument, Cred Forums.

These two movies are both atrociously bad.

You clearly didn't get the Cred Forums references.

He didn't want them necessary shipped to Africa, but mostly to countries in the Caribbean and South America

But it isn't propaganda for the last fucking time because whites DID own black slaves and did rape some, did kill some, did torture some.

It is a known fucking fact... unless whites want to re-write history and say that this never happened then THAT would be propaganda

Pic related has been called not only the greatest African American director, but one of the greatest American director of all time

But you haven't heard of him because you are a fucking pleb

Really? I don't even know what was happening in 1,000 BC. Obviously the Greeks were around 400-300 BC weren't they which is obviously a bit over 2,000 years ago but whatever.

>I hate unique interesting films
Nice to know your tasteless opinion

That isn't the propaganda element. How many times do you need to be told that?

>facts mean it can't be propaganda

The battle of kolberg actually happened

Hence pic related isn't propaganda ;^)

Pulling up irrelevant history from 200-300 years ago and shoving it down people's throats to make them feel guilty purely on the basis of their skin colour is propaganda, pham.

Acknowledging history is white guilt and white genocide.

>75320889
Their own people sold them into slavery. Their own people sold them out.

Also, "KANGS," maybe you forgot that Egypt enslaved the shit out of the Jews as well, a thousand years before Rome was even conceived. Sit the fuck down. Folow the trail back far enough and the WHOLE FUCKING CONCEPT fo slavery originated on the African fucking continent.

>That isn't the propaganda element.
You conveniently forget to mention what the "propaganda element" is every single time.

>enslaving Africans is ok when Muslims do it

;^)

Nice try but you're not a race, Rasheed, you signed your rights away when you submitted to this.

>That isn't the propaganda element.
...and what is the propaganda element? you still haven't told me

OK, glad you can agree that he wanted them shipped out.

African-Americans, as a category, were never part of the plan. The point of freeing slaves was to *make more money from them* while destabilising those economies that required large numbers hard to employ by other means. They went from being housed and fed to being told to fend for themselves while being forced into the same exact lines of work. Black people were literally better off as slaves, but no African-American leader ever dares say it, much less any white leader.

>It's only bad when Muslims sell slaves. Buying slaves is totally ok!

Changing turner from someone who thought God told him to kill whites into a person getting revenge for the rape of his wife

Glossing over Turners murder of women and children

What does this have to do with anything? Some old ass Minoans peoples on an island can into civilized society. Big whoop

Hung drawn and quartered was a real execution method in the renaissance. Dragging blacks through the street and lynching them in the US. All humans are capable of brutal shit

But it is propaganda because it's the treatment of the facts that makes propaganda, not the information you start with. This film is a rallying call to murder whites. It cannot be other than propaganda.

Nah, you said that acknowledging history is white guilt

Shouldn't the Muslims feel just as guilty for enslaving Africans?

Neither of them are either.

your thoughts on a literal irl rapist who beat the rap throwing in a confirmed imaginary rape into his flick

also how realistic was the rape?

As a black man that hates cacs/yakubs as much as the next [woke] black god does, this movie was pretty wack.

Nate Parker's inspiration for this movie was Braveheart -- and it shows. In fact, Nate actually got pointers from Mel on how to edit this movie.

It tries to straddle the line between being a conventional, "rebel yell" movie and being some faux arthouse bullshit that white movie pundits collectively ~~~ over.

It fails on both ends.

I wanted to like this movie, I did, but it's just too fuckin' hokey.

5.6/10, if I was going to rate this shit, fr.

If you see [white] people lauding this movie, point out the shoddy acting by tertiary characters(particularly Nat's dad) and how uneven the last act is in when juxtaposed with everything prior to it.

Turner's crimes are sanitized so that they appear to be proportionate responses to injustice, rather than an essentially apolitical psychotic killing spree, which is what the facts indicate. Children were killed, which isn't shown in the movie.

You mean the implied rape scene that you never see.

>Hung drawn and quartered was a real execution method in the renaissance.

After being found guilty by a court of law, instead of being found guilty by a mob in the street.

>Dragging blacks through the street and lynching them in the US.

At least American whites were civilised people who wore clothes and shoes unlike the degenerates in these pictures:

And they had roads that were actually fucking paved.

Come on user, there's no comparison and you know it. One isolated example doesn't disprove the gigantic gulf between the developed civilisations of white men and the barbaric societies of Africa.

I was making fun of white nationalists who actually believe that, dummy.

so all this shit is over a rape that wasn't even shown?

top fucking kek

Your knowledge of history is insanely wrong. First free black people were in the Victorian United States? Gimme a fucking break.

Even if that were true, which it isn't, it does not excuse human slavery.

>Children were killed, which isn't shown in the movie.
Yeah, man. I'm sure if you were made into property in a foreign land and everyone in that country seemed to support your enslavement and mistreatment (including whippings and rape among other things) you would be very selective in which ones you killed during your uprising.

Yeah, you just see Nat's wife's face post-gang rape.

Somehow people thought that was more "mortifying" than seeing the actual rape.

Also, a side note:
That wasn't the tipping point for Nat to become a mass murdering #woke agent; it was him getting whipped for backsassing some dumbass edomite about the Bible.

First thing Nat does when he sees his wife all battered n bruised in the movie is run to Massa and tell him.
The movie takes a lot of artistic liberties with the source material and does nothing with the liberties it takes.

The movie has this ongoing motif of how "special" Nat is but never speaks on the mental schism that would have to had on Nat's psyche to be considered "special" by white devils -- but not "special" enough to help his own wife.

The movie just goes from "these white folk aint all dat bad" to "kill em all" in a matter of 15 minutes.

If they were going to do this shit, they shoulda went the way "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford" went about it:
largely meditative but brutal when need be.

This movie even fails at being violent, moe.

Like, real talk:
White people can watch this shit and not feel threatened.

A movie about a literal uppity negro that indiscriminately kills white folk -- and it's fine for yakubs.

Fuckin' Django Unchained did a better job at upsetting white people than this shit did.

It's true, you have no basis for rejecting it other than that it doesn't sound like the kind of thing you've been led to believe. Try reading some history books. The facts are more complicated than we're usually told.

Firstly, Turner was a schizophrenic, end of story.

Secondly, get real: these people had never been raised to have any expectation of free agency. Not even in Africa had their ancestors been raised to expect that. The problems the African-American community have are what happens decades after you liberate people only a tiny percentage of whom wanted or could imagine freedom, give them no ways to cope with it, and immediately begin treating them to the rights of lifelong citizens MAINLY because it enables you to exploit them for political gain.

Short version: the biggest white crime against blacks in America was liberating them. Some black Americans have enough lucidity to recognise this.

>Firstly, Turner was a schizophrenic, end of story.
And?
>Not even in Africa had their ancestors been raised to expect that.
[citation needed]
>The problems the African-American community have are what happens decades after you liberate people
I'm sure the shit they had to eat for generations after their emancipation has nothing to do with it.
Not only was your entire screed retarded, but it had nothing to do with my post. Learn to think, you stupid piece of shit.

>And?

Ah, fuck this, lazy bait.

>the Berbers exist
Wow that was easy. Take your revisionist bollocks elsewhere.

>people would gather and cheer the execution
>what are witch """trials"""
>wearing shoes outside is the mark of civilization

Minoans are the first European civilization trace back around 1500BC years ago on the island of Crete in the Mediterranean Sea. See pic for oldest and origin of Western civilization, the trading cities in Syria are pretty impressive too. Biblical Wall of Jerico is approx 9000 years old, part of it is still standing

So paved roads for efficient travel is good but nothing to do with mob killing. Whether humans live in a rural African village or in the Whitehouse they're still capable of extreme violence

This. I literally had 2 (TWO) references.

The people who were enslaved were not of Berber descent.

What a smug cunt, I hope she gets raped by a nigger.

trips of truth

Only 1.4 percent of white Americans were rich enough to afford slaves.

The South's army had huge issues with desertion for this very reason actually.

>>Niggers thinking the USA became a powerhouse on their backs and they are owed big time because of it
What's worse is that due to slavery the south was very underdeveloped and unindustrialized, and has never recovered from falling behind. The rich whites running things in the south didn't invest in things that would make their expensive slaves less valuable.

Slavery held the country back, if anything.

>So what was the propaganda element?
Making Turner out to be a hero, ignoring that he was mentally ill, murdered infants and drank the blood of a veteran because he fought them bravely.

Pretending that they accomplished a lot more than they did. Like the bit with his father killing one cop - I mean slave patrolman - escaping the other two. Or that they needed to call in the army to stop them, total fabrication.

The blatant BLM parallels 'all cops are racists' parallels.

Probably more that I'm forgetting.

Sauce on pic?

baby dakota and elle fanning

>moving the goalposts

>believing the fucking Bible
Jesus Christ, this is the intelligent level of an average white supremacist.

>No mention of Turner doing it because he heard voices and saw angels and shit

L A M E
A
M
E

me on the right