/KKKG/ King Kaiju Kino General

Keep talking shit you fuckin plebs, see what happens Edition

Post your hopes and dreams for future kaiju movies, talk about the classics, recommend lesser known films and series, and in general discuss the Advent of Kaiju Kino

Other urls found in this thread:

superbestfriendsplay.com/video/super-best-friends-watch-godzooky-vs-megalon/
youtube.com/watch?v=kRSLCABT4g0
youtube.com/watch?v=icfnRjeaOF0&index=5&list=RDMMKUogZWhlyt0
vimeo.com/64987176
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So much autism in the last thread.

Anyway I really liked the plant kaiju in Hellboy 2

King Kang Kaiju Kino General when?

why is godzilla vs king kong a thing?

I'd rather see anguirus, gigan, megalon, destoroyah in sequels than a hairy ape

I'd rather see original monsters myself but I can sort of understand it. King Kong was one of the first monsters he fought in the Showa series and it helped introduce him to American audiences. So if the new Kong does well more people will probably be apt to like the Legendary Godzilla films too

Because Hollywood of today only knows how to make remakes.

TOP 5 GOJI-KINO

1. Gojira
2. Shin Godzilla
3. Return of Godzilla
4. Godzilla vs. Destroyah
5. GMK

I've never seen any kaiju movies besides Godzilla series. Is there anything else really worth checking out or did Toho do it best?

Dogora, the space monster

i know it gets lots of hatred for the flying scene but i think vs. Hedorah is pretty great, mostly because it returned to being a godzilla movie that was about something (weapons, environment etc.)

Rodan
War of the Gargantuas
Frankenstein Conquers the World or whatever the fuck it was called

Yeah this, was very pleasantly surprised, really eerie monster

I recently went through Gamera for the first time

The original movie is pretty shitty and sets a new standard for annoying kids, but it's got some cool moments. After that the series really picks up. Most Showa Gamera films have two things over the Godzilla movies of the same timeframe: Much better miniature sets and brutal, bloody fights with tons of dismemberment and impalement. The sets are very detailed and look incredible, allowing for some great cinematography and the fights are absolutely insane with how nasty they get sometimes. That said, most Gamera films suffer in other areas so Godzilla remains the better but there's some good shit to be found. Showa Gamera goes very downhill in the last few films though.

Heisei Gamera is where it's fucking at. Better than almost all Godzilla movies, really remarkable stuff. Then the 1 millennium Gamera film is great too, can't recommend them enough.

If you never saw the original Rodan or Mothra, or the other Toho monster movies besides Godzilla I suggest looking into them as well. Some are pretty great.

The Daimajin films are awesome too. Plenty of good stuff to explore out there

>/kkkg/

Post cute kamatas

I didn't like Daimajin because the religious moralfag overtones got retarded and any movie generally that pushes 'hurr durr punish da evil' agenda are poorly written and unengaging.

The reason to watch Gamera is the Mst3k version

Just got out of shin Godzilla. I really appreciate how close it is the the movies I liked as a kid.

Will Goji win the rematch or will he get his ass kicked again?

Ultraman shows (I suggest Ultraseven)

I think Hedorah is as close to arthouse as Godzilla gets and is actually in many ways not an environmentalist film. It parades as a cheesy kids film with Godzilla fighting literal pollution and saving the world. But think about this: Godzilla first appears in a child's fantasy, right? Then he proceeds to get his ass kicked by Hedorah the whole film (in addition to downright horrific rampages by Hedorah and lots of onscreen human deaths). Only at the end, in the most ridiculous way possible with Godzilla becoming more and more of a childrens character, does he manage to defeat Hedorah. The statement of the film is not that pollution is bad. It's that the Earth can only be saved in a child's dreams. It's impossible, it's too late, and hoping for a better world is childish and unrealistic. At least that's what I get from Hedorah. It's top tier kino as well but it actually only uses Godzilla as a device for kino, instead of making actual Godzilla Kino, if you know what I mean.

user that's capeshit

So we're all agreed that Biology girl>Hillary Chinkton

wow never thought of it that way, you just made me love it even more, thanks

>It's top tier kino as well but it actually only uses Godzilla as a device for kino, instead of making actual Godzilla Kino, if you know what I mean.
I don't want to discount what you just said because you're totally right and that film is excellent, but I jut love this quote right here.

Both are cute, but I specifically want her in the next film.

This is your next US President. Say something nice to her.

*grabs her pussy*

GMK is overrated.

She looks so average yet I want to have hours of passionate sex with her.

No sweat. I watched it when I was like 11 and didn't really get it but then I rewatched it a few months ago and finally understood. Or, more likely, I'm using a film to validate the beliefs I already hold and I'm completely wrong

I'm not really a fan of the term "kino" to describe a kind of film in some ridiculous hierarchy but I do think it's a good adjective to assign films that have a lot of meaning or are really good, subjectively of course

Get fucked faggot. There was more creativity and talent in a single episode of Ultraman than the entirety of Marvel movies ever made.

please dato with me

I like the way she says "party."

>godzilla
>power rangers
>GiTS
>Death Note
>Battle Angel

Why are they moving from cape to jap?

Running out of compelling things to remake from the West.

That's a strong lineup senpai

Shin Godzilla was the first Godzilla or Kaiju flick I've ever seen. I absolutely loved it. What should I watch next?

King Kong 2005 was good, if long. The extended edition has more creature scenes so if you can bear it go with that version.

read the thread dumbass

>power rangers
Doesn't really count, Haim Saban has been trying to revive that dying IP for decades. This is his final attempt.

Btw it needs an update. Next year we'll have another Godzilla movie as well.

The original Gojira next for sure.

I'm actually really happy that so many people in this thread are saying the super low key and limited screening of Shin Godzilla got them into Godzilla and Kaiju films.

There were plenty of kids when I saw Shin in theaters
Whether or not they were able to read the subs is a mystery though

>liberals have so thoroughly ruined fiction with post-modernism it's no longer allowed to enjoy stories where bad people get killed

That's all I understood from what you said.

>Anime Godzilla
>Pac Rim 2
>Godzilla 2
>Kong Skull Island
>New Gamera movie
>Power Rangers
>GvKK
>All but guaranteed shin sequel
What a time to be alive!

Definitely go with original Gojira first. Or maybe King Kong if you haven't even seen any American monster movies.

I'm more of a chronological order kind of guy so if I were you I'd watch every Godzilla movie in order, however for you I'd recommend skipping to the 1964 Mothra vs. Godzilla and then Ghidrah the 3 Headed Monster. If you like those watch Destroy All Monsters and then Godzilla vs Gigan, vs. Mechagodzilla, and Terror of Mechagodzilla. Then consider vs. Hedorah.

From there watch the Heisei series in order.

Then Godzilla 1998, followed by Godzilla 2000 and GMK. I'm not a Millennium Series fan myself but you can decide if you want to do x Mechagodzilla, Tokyo SOS, and Final Wars.

Then watch the 2014 if you really want to punish yourself. From there I'd revisit older stuff, like Rodan and Mothra's standalone films. Maybe consider getting into Gamera or watching an older Ultra series. I don't know too much about kaiju series outside of those main franchises desu but it's a start.

>Legendary shit
>PacRim2
>Fucking Power Rangers

PLEB AND PROUD

Someone has a working stream of Resurgence? In Italy here and I think I'll never be able to see it in theatres.

Marathoning the whole series one movie a day is the best way to rate them and decide which one is better. Shame I have no time for that anymore.

The Heisei Gamera trilogy is great.

OP here, I totally disagree with this image as well as a couple of the others floating around, but it might get the job done for the user you're responding to.

Anyway, point is, I am working on a new infographic detailing the positives and negatives of every Godzilla and Gamera film so that will hopefully be done tomorrow

Grow up cuck

Any movie that pushes not only a one-dimensional premise where good people are oppressed by da bad guys but the idea that a big invincible god will come down from a mountain and save you is bad writing at best and fucking dangerous at worst because people might turn to religion IRL

Any word on any future Godzilla blu ray films?

I think raids again, vs mechagodzilla, terror of mechagodzilla, the thing, three headed monster, and Shin all need boy rays

Godzilla 2014 has the same basic structure as Terrod of Mechagodzilla. It was bad as a reboot but as a fan I can appreciate its showa nature.

That looks gay as fuck
That fucker is literally in spandex.

Shut up, the Ultra series have some of the best tokusatsu effects in history. Just look up some more modern monster designs to be convinced

Literally not possible unless you fast forward. 29 Jap films and 2 American films adds up to almost 2 days of movies

Still capeshit. Still moralfag protag.

thanks for the replies anons. that flowchart was the exact type of thing I was looking for. Gonna see if any of my friends want to watch the original Gojira film with me tonight

This one is ok. I think GRA has strong moments people overlook and Godzilla vs. Megalon is too poorly made to even be considered goofy fun.

He said one movie per day, i.e. an entire month

Because he's the originator of the whole trend, and honestly he deserves more attempts to make him into a modern kaiju character instead of just remaking the 33 movie over and over.

>Godzilla vs mothra 1992
>consider it
Into the fucking trash that goes with its shit opinions

Yep. I did it once in my life. Before 2014 Godzilla. For this occasion I watched the original 1954 movie before I went to see it.

My bad misread it. I've been doing that myself this month. Megalon for tonight. Debating on watching the Japanese version or the MST3K version

This one. Didn't know it was in the public domain.

superbestfriendsplay.com/video/super-best-friends-watch-godzooky-vs-megalon/

>Still moralfag protag.

What does that even fucking mean? How is that even a criticism?

Its not. Toho had legal issues in the 90's with the rights so everyone thought it was public domain. Toho finally got a hold of the rights situation which is how the DVD and BluRay eventually released.

If this becomes a film series like Heisei, I'd love it if in 10 years we actually do see her as President(maybe starting as vice president and the sitting president dies), with Rando serving as prime minister. Her actress will be 30 this year, and she said she wanted to be president in her 40's. Rando joked about trying for prime minister in 10 years.

Don't listen to him, he is an autist from /m/ that fucks every Godzilla thread there.

Educate yourself and partake in media for adults for once.

I downloaded every Godzilla movie made between 1954 and 2004 , what am I in for?

Kultura

A Polish magazine?

Mothra is best boy

Pic related.

Isn't final wars a sequel to Destroyah?

But doesn't Godzilla in FW also have a kid?

FW is the only Godzilla movie existing outside of any particular continuity. It's pretty fitting. It even serves as a sort of a closure to him as he makes peace with humanity at the end.

Some of the best kaiju right here. Hope the new Gamera movie is a success and we get a whole new trilogy.
GojiraXGamera movie never ;_;

Fuck off, I bet you're a woman.

>FW is the only Godzilla movie existing outside of any particular continuity.

Shin just came out son

Anyone have any good Godzilla wallpapers?

Grape Ape live action when?

And it's a reboot having nothing to do with any of the previous movies. So?

Final Wars remains the only one of its kind. We don't know if it's a totally original story or does it follows any previous timeline. Even before the aliens attack we learn that people know kaiju like Anguirus.

I wish people would stop posting that garbage "guide"

Godzilla vs Megaguirus is also a standalone movie with no ties to the original.

You enjoy this ironically, right?

I don't post on /m/, autist. Just accept people over the age of ten don't enjoy that kind of protagonist.

But people above the age of 15 do.

It retcons the ending of G'54. I think it's not the only movie to do that.

The Godzilla from Megaguirus is supposed to be the original Godzilla who didn't die, but simply went away. So the original still happened but had a different ending.

Really? Thought it happened a little after.

No, there was just honest discusson, you coward.

Are there any Godzilla movies where Godzilla has full sex?

without improved english

but yeah that would be a fun callback

Oh you managed to make a good blend with The Scream? I tried twice and both failed. Monet works better.

Why do these two get so much art together?

Both are QTs

Yeah, I forget what settings I used but I managed to get it to work.

It's missing the best one.

>>Rodan
>>War of the Gargantuas
My nigga

Is she married? Please say no.

no.

don't think so

>This time we will break the gender stereotype and make one young woman who dare to challenge the group thinking !!!
>Her characterization most be a lonely old maid
Way to go Japanese men

Because the first form looks like a dick and that's how people imagine their dicks on her

>lonely
She's a college student you illiterate.

>lonely
That should say old

she's 38

It's truthful.

The ultimate Godzilla looks like a bad guy and original Godzilla looks neutral

What were the original animal doing under the sea?

Bottom feeder?

Just saw 1954 earlier for the first time. It looked surprisingly great visually. Made this.

>Pacific Rim

how could she be a Jap bureaucrat and not even out of college?

They're the most popular characters.

After they call in all the biologist someone asks for fringe guys who will give them answers. Then some guy says he'll bring in some college student and I assume she was that college student.

She is he right hand man's senior in college. She is older than most men there. She is only belittled because she is a woman

Honda's style at this point was very derivative of Kurosawa's, though.

My last one

People keep saying the director of this godzilla is really famous, what has he done before?

An Ultraman student film.

Evangelion is the one he's most known for

He's mainly an anime guy.

Tried doing a thing
I think I made his 4th form look weird

looks pretty good to me

And his work looks all the better for it.

GODZILA
IS
FEMALE

THIS SHOULD BE CALLED QUEEN KAIJU KINO

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Is that actually what his final form looks like in the movie?

Looks okay to me. I really like it user

you only see those humanoid figures frozen emerging from his tail for a brief moment in the final shot. it's also in total silence, it's a really powerful ending

More or less. At the end a bunch of those are mutating off his tail, meaning to defeat humans he evolved to be human like. The sequel is going to be probably hundreds of thousands if not millions of those things.

Anyone here ever see Blue Blazes?

No, he was better when he worked in his own style, later.

Holy shit end yourself

The perpetual evolution thing makes this not only not a Gojira flick, but an irrelevant piss-stain on Honda Ishirō's pedestal.

Yes, the evolution makes it not Godzilla, but Honda sure would have loved the fucking Megalon roundhouse kick.

If they continue shin, how the fuck would they do other monsters? Like should we have all of them be super adaptive too or how would be the best way?
They'd have to at least be able to withstand his laser a little or these goes the action.
This is tough cause of Shin's cooldown too. He's a sitting duck if he misses with the laser.

>wah the reboot is new and different it's not muh Gojira!!!

Explain this

One of the biggest influences on anime, directed Gunbuster and Evangelion which both had massive effects on the medium. But he never even really wanted to get involved in animation, he was always a tokusatsu guy, he just got dragged into anime by his friends because of his extraordinary skill as an animator. A big meme on Cred Forums is cursing Godzilla's name because he dropped all of his anime projects the moment he was offered to do Shin Godzilla and hasn't gone back to working on them in 4 years.

Honda actually directed a lot f the kookier entries in the franchise as well. He did Godzilla's Revenge (all monsters attack) AKA the one with Gabara and Minilla.I think Honda, being the respectful company man he was, would appreciate any new takes on Godzilla

Not enough reviews for a clear consensus.

(Ghostbusters is total dogshit though, I have no idea how 7/10 reviewers could have possibly thought it was good)

>reviews counted 298
>reviews counted 27

I can't
RT is trash

That's actually pretty brutal. Is Ultraman like that? Unusually cruel when taking down kaiju?

It's not anyone's Gojira, it's an Anno invention given Gojira's name. If I wrote a reboot of Iron Man where he has the characteristics of Rude Dog, that would be a bad reboot.

>RT

Yep.

If it has the design, the roar and the beams, it is Godzilla, there are no more requirements for the character.

King Kong was arguably the first Kaiju. He's also to the US what Godzilla is the to the Japanese. This is also why they'll end up teaming up in the movie.

Why the jarr jarr ?

basically the same for me but Ghidorah would probably be replaced by G vs Mothra (64) or something

>King Kong was arguably the first Kaiju.

It doesn't really have the design in any but the loosest sense now, though, and it doesn't even have that for the whole movie.

8/10 bretty gud.

It really has tho, it looks like the actual concept art of Godzilla 1954, it looks the closest to G54 of any Godzilla.

You're trying too hard.
It's godzilla, get over it.
It doesn't matter that you like it or agree, literally everyone gave it the blessing. You need to stop because this godzilla was more godzilla than any fucking other one.

there he goes

>looks the closest
>two entirely dissimilar designs in pic

>You need to stop because this godzilla was more godzilla than any fucking other one.

Your sperging is embarrassing to witness.

>week-only release
>shown in less than 500 theaters
>barely any marketing
>not dubbed

>still manages to pass the million dollar mark

Anno magic

Depends on how you feel about this.

Jesus Christ, Ultraman is fucking hardcore

I really love how hard they tried to make kamata look like a rubber suit. Hell, not even a suit, but just some dumb rubber puppet pulled by strings. Just so fucking good.

Also can we talk about the destruction CGI in this film? Why is it so top notch? Even when Godzilla's CGI gets janky, the destruction maintains great. Were both done by different teams/studios? I guess people had issues with the jumping trains, but I didn't think to much of them.

Don't misunderstand. Ultraman is still a moralfag who's entire character is 'muh justice, muh morals, muh protect humans, muh fight evil' garbage no different than modern capeshit.

FUCKING

HARDCORE

what the FUCK.

I know it just red foam and felt, but that's insane. So creepy and uncanny valley.

Godzilla vs Megalon is my favorite Godzilla. Am I retarded?

This brief clip, with its mixture of horrific gore and Barney the Dinosaur body language, is of greater artistic value than the entire MCU.

>scary and menacing force of nature like original godzilla, the only one that matters
>literally the same movie just made this year and more well done
>but no it's not godzilla because i don't like it when he's not tail surfing and having super sayian beam struggles.
Your fucking casual is embarrassing

No, you just have patrician tastes.

This is legitimately unnerving.

Yeah Ultraman is brutal as fuck. Check out Showa Gamera for more shit like that, limb lopping and Gamera getting skewered, fucking crazy laser beams that are more powerful than Shin Goji's

If some of the cuts look weird in these clips it's because I cut out all the scenes of the people on the ground defusing a bomb or something unrelated to the kaiju fight.

jet JAGGAH, jet JAGGAH! He mother never really love him

Jesus fuck. They should air these on Adult Swim or something.

This movie is not just a Reboot.
It's a Reinterpretation.
Shingoji is new Godzilla for our generation(especially for Japanese people)

What was his fucking problem?

>MUST
>NOT
>FAP

There are lots of menacing forces of nature that aren't Gojira.

>more well done

Nope.

Liking more of the franchise than you do makes me a 'casual' how?

he fucking murdered him and hes supposed to be a moralfag?

>dinotank

what

Jesus.
Japanese kids have seen some shit.

Yes you retard, he kills monsters to protect muh earth, muh humans. At the end of the series his body is even degrading because how noble and selfless he's been and other banal shit that appeals to six year olds and manchildren. It's all appeal to emotion and no actual good writing or characterization.

You know you can like something for reasons other than the muh writing and muh characterization right?

It's got cool special effects, a neat aesthetic, and a comfy atmosphere, plus it's fun to watch. Fuck off

>hating anything Godzilla related
>thinking you can only ironically enjoy men in suits and miniature buildings

Pretty sure he wasn't necessarily hating on it. No need to get so rustled.

How old are you? Honest question. I doubt over 15.
Go back to watching capeshit on Cred Forums.

Don't presume to speak for me.

youtube.com/watch?v=kRSLCABT4g0

shin gojira is the best godzilla movie

hokay dude

Older than you by the sound of it. And I'd imagine I hate capeshit more than you do as well

>I'm mad
>Mad about morality

Kyle?

All I was saying was the hero ripped a dude apart and then slit his throat while he was down. Pretty brutal compared to most heroes these days.

Can you imagine if SuperMan did that to Zod?

Tell that to Zod's severed arm and slit throat.

who?

I used to watch this movie once a week when I was a kid. It had the best tag team battle in history

I just like dudes in latex monster suits faux-wrestling while destroying miniatures. I don't really watch Kaiju movies or Ultraman because I'm looking for deep characterization or musings on philosophical quandaries about the nature of morality.

You have a really similar voice to this guy I used to be in the same scene with. He was a pretty big Godzilla youtuber back when that was still a thing

It's certainly one of my favorites too.

I always felt bad when that kid's peddle boat thing got sucked into the whirl pool when I was a lad.

oo srry nigga no kyles here. Just the future face of Cred Forums.

I have a cousin named kyle

No sweat. You just made me miss being involved in that autistic fandom when I was 13. I tried reviewing my Godzilla toys for a while... Fuck me that's been a long time..

What happened after this scene? Dude in the suit decide to be a better Ultraman?

Kind of the same here. It'd be pretty cool if Adult Swims or some other network made their own modern/post modern tokusatsu kaiju show.

all of those moments will be lost, like tears in rain :(

When did this air? Its like its calling out cape movies of today.

>the shot of his hand twitching and going limp
god damn

He felt pity for the tiny humans yes and in later fights he puts more effort into not getting the whole city destroyed.

April 8th 2006, So I think it was more poking fun at Ultraman itself.

Imagine a gratuitously disgustingly violent neo-ironic practical effects driven episodic tokusatsu... Goddamn

>a gratuitously disgustingly violent neo-ironic practical effects driven episodic tokusatsu

Really? Kamen Rider was always too Power Rangers-y looking for me, never bothered watching it. What are some things that would draw an otherwise big fan of the genre to it?

Aside from being first, what did Godzilla get so right that other Kaiju just couldn't beat?

Simple "cool" design, neat powers, interesting villains, and good music.

>Aside from being first
King Kong

>what did Godzilla get so right that other Kaiju just couldn't beat?
I think it's a combination of his unique design, distinctive roar, excellent theme music, atomic breath and the nuclear allegory's continued applicability

>King Kong
He was first big monster, but Goji was technically the first kaiju.

>excellent theme music
It's funny how three repeating notes can be so effective
youtube.com/watch?v=icfnRjeaOF0&index=5&list=RDMMKUogZWhlyt0

Just got back from a Shin godzilla screening.

Pretty good mane

I was more pleased about how Goji doesnt look like trash in most shots. I had scene clips of the campy Goji vs. _____ films and they looked awful

>Goji was technically the first kaiju
Only if you believe giant monster and kaiju movies are different by country of origin alone.

That's a really stupid argument to make especially when we have beast from 20,000 fathoms.

So in other words fucking plebs who probably enjoy capeshit because dude lmao turn ur brain off.

The fact that he's an atomic monster created by the only nation to ever be attacked by an atomic bomb.

Oh God that's terrifying.

>I fell for the patrician movies meme
Caught another 14 year old.

Just how many boring art house french films did they trick you into watching?

>created

It's the best one man. Don't let the haters tell you different.

>1980's Pro Wrestling.

So, he was filled with pop-rocks and glitter?

>My Mix
> å¹å„ę„½ć®ćŸć‚ć®ć€Œć‚“ć‚øćƒ©ć€- 1.Fantasy Prestige2051
> Chamillionaire - Ridin' ft. Krayzie Bone ChamillionaireVEVO

Kamen Rider is all about murdering fools.

I don't even like the second kind t.bh pham. shaymh.

Where's the Megas of the Godzilla films at?

Sounds good to me, will look into it from the beginning

I don't think so but maybe it is stupid. I've always considered American giant monster movies and Japanese kaiju movies to be different things.

I find each are handled differently. It's most evident when a crossover happens. America does Godzilla or Japan does King Kong. There is a difference in tone and style.

Seven can be kind of a prick to these monsters sometimes.

Was all of this really necessary?

So who do you guys want Godzilla to fight in the Shin Godzilla sequal!

I'd absolutely love if they brought back Mecha Godzilla!

>Michael Brown

I want to see original monsters, maybe a new take on King Ghidorah eventually

topkek

They really aren't fundamentally different.

The big differences are stylistic more than plot. Most old monster movies are basically the same as old Godzilla movies.

The later Kaiju stuff did go in weird directions but, it basically just turned Godzilla into a kind of superhero character or an insert for fighting other issues (see Hedorah).

At the end of the day, a lot of Godzilla is still about people trying to figure out how to deal with giant monsters.

Grape Ape vs. HB Godzilla when?

HB Godzilla versus Shin Goji

Hey guys

To be honest, I don't want a sequel that will ruin this perfect ending

To late they are already working on it as we speak

Which is the best?

Are there any seasons on DVD of kamen riders for the US?

Or is streaming all I have

I don't mind this one, better than 2014 by far. It's got a comfy 90s NY atmosphere, Broderick's character is pretty interesting and in general it's a fun and entertaining movie. Nothing special of course and fairly dumb but still enjoyable. Not quite a Godzilla movie though, and in fact it's really more of a direct remake of Beast from 20000 Fathoms

That's retarded, Japan refers to both as Kaiju movies they make no such distinction. Godzilla took the whole atomic lizard thing directly from Beast from 20,000 fathoms which came out one year prior. Obviously they have different flavors because they're drawing from different cultural histories but they're both in the giant monster fucks shit up genre.

Are you going to make a distinction for every country of origin? Is Gorgo a 'Limey Monster' movie?

Oh no, I get it completely. It's just monsters ripping each other apart and blood and guts and heads being ripped off. But it's just capeshit.

Stop being such a faggot.

Burning

You didn't refute me.

1. 92-94
2. 2016
3. 89-91
4. 1964
5. 2001

>Godzilla tail babies spread
>Two of them grow into Shin versions of Anguirus and Rodan or Mothra

They aren't there is an unrelated Godzilla anime movie in development but it isn't connected to Shin in anyway.

Anno said he's not coming back and he hated working under Toho so any hope for a Shin Goji sequel is kinda dead.

>das it mang

Maybe Shinji Higuchi will grow a pair and direct it on his own

I always felt Burning Godzilla was cheating for being way to fucking cool. I always liked 1989-1991 best because it was the right amount of cool and goofy. Shin might be a new favorite though. It takes some goofy looking choices and pulls them together into something spooky. I think I need to see him fighting other monsters and how he moves then before I decide if he's really my favorite.

The 2014 godzilla was pretty fun till they killed off cranston.

It had pretty good atmosphere and everything

>until they killed Cranston

That was literally a quarter of the way thru

Was it that early?
All I remember is how much of a borefest with shit acting it turned into.

I was way into the buildup in the beginning...

We'll probably get a new Godzilla just loosely or not at all related to Shin. I actually don't think Shin Goji would be good in any monster fights. He just stands there with his dumb little arms and fire lasers.

He needs to be able to really brawl to make the monster fight worth watching.

What we might get is an offspring or something of Shin Goji in a fifth or sixth evolved form with actual arms and movement.

Should I watch every Godzilla movie in chronological order, or should I just pick and choose some higher quality ones?
I remember renting the old ones as a kid, but dont remember jack shit about any of them.

>1999-2000
>2004

Did Anno say why? That's pretty fucking disappointing. It makes me wonder if 2016 is the best commentary-type Godzilla movie we'll be getting in modern times. Makes me sad.

He didn't even get to see Godzilla. He offscreen died right after the first monster encounter.

Yeah it was good because characters actually had motivations. That disappears and we get a character who is more boring than a cardboard box

Honestly, the writers are numbskulls for not keeping Cranston, and for not using Watanabe's character more. The whole schtick of Godzilla movies is that the military can't do shit against him and its up to the scientists to stop him.

Like this?

If you really want to become a completionist watching in order is the way to go. Otherwise pick a good sampling and if you enjoy then fill in the blanks later

Honestly I think Shin Goji stands on it's own and really doesn't need anything else.

Well maybe one other thing...
vimeo.com/64987176

just imagine they grew out of the tail creatures

Yeah, he said he didnt like working with Toho.

I also imagine he wants to finish Rebuild of Eva before he fuckign dies too

Shin could always mutate into something more durable.

>1964
It's the best mix between showa goofyness and edginess.

see

Any help will be greatly appreciated

I want to get into this series but I can't seem to find dvds or English subs

Toho is notoriously meddling and fucks with their directors.

How is she so cute?

Doesn't mean Toho can't keep using the design or make sequels

But what specifically did he not like about it? Were they being demanding of him or possibly limiting what he wanted to do?

Yeah but it's not going to be Anno so it's not going to feel like Shin.

I think only Biolante or Hedorah would work with that theory

>mankind has to live with Godzilla
No we don't? What part of living with a hyper evolving threat to every living being on the planet makes it the sane choice? Because Japan has a victim complex over the Atomic Bombings? Hello?
Anno?

It's a broader statement. He doesn't meant mankind needs to rent their basement out to Godzilla. He means mankind has to live with the fact that Tokyo was leveled by an unparalleled destructive force, and that the whole world needs to prepare for it to happen to them in order to avoid imitating the horrible job that the Japanese government did in handling the situation.

>character describes Gojira as having the power of a god
>humanity has to protect itself from gods

Classic Anno

>Unified Godzilla - NausicaƤ timeline theory.

>Just saw Shin Godzilla

Holy shit, absolutely amazing.
The city destroying/beam introduction scene gave me chills.
I was going in expecting it to be good but I was really blown away, even the human scenes kept me interested 98% of the time.

>He doesn't meant mankind needs to rent their basement out to Godzilla.
shin neetzilla coming soon

Something about her seems...white.

TENDIES TENDIES TENDIES
SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-ONK

Good taste user
Shin Godzilla is right up there with Destoroyah, 54, and mechagodzilla

They save Godzilla's life and leave him as a looming thread to annihilate all life on planet Earth because they don't want to nuke Toyko.
The next line is "mankind needs to live with him". They have it in their power to stop the threat for all time. A threat to not just Japan but every single species on earth is in danger of having its niche destroyed by the rapidly diversifying Godzilla.
And Anno chooses to make some point about living with that threat for his Nuke allegory at that very moment? I'm sorry but it was stupid as fuck.
Also
>One throw away sentence about the Jap government's handling of Fukushima being origami man's motivation
>it's in fucking code

because it was a great idea for a crossover at the time

YES

Why are people trashing the human component of Shin Godzilla so much? I thought the cast was great. I loved the size of it.

Because they thought it would be akin to the shitty kaiju movies rather than 1954

It was like the team was quite big but each had their own personality making them quite memorable

It's different from either, it's a hyper fast paced, super sleek sometimes funny often strictly business plot with human characters that are explored more in terms of the ideas being presented rather than the things they say. I'm glad for it, because if it had been like Eva with endless soliloquies about wanting to be praised, etc. it would have gotten very annoying very fast

No clue, might be hands down my favorite human cast/component of any Godzilla movie.

Shame because like said I found it so sleek and well paced, it was super engaging.

Yeah, there were so many character in the team and in the government. None were very in depth or motivated, but they were all distinct and memorable for their own little ways. More like real people in a way. Stuff like the replacement PM complaining about soggy noodles then saying, "I knew this job would be hard." is humorous and makes a very minor character memorable.

>I wear a void

What does it mean

Not even hope

So what was the deal with the tail at the end?

For fuck sake Kamen Rider were even BIGGER moralfags than Ultraman up until they matured in the 2000's. Is this seriously a Reddit gathering thread because if so I'll start hiding them from now on.

>she's 38
horry shit

Nobody really knows. I think thats what Anno wants, apart from it being ominous as hell

I thought it was too much tell not enough show. The film didn't seem sleek to me at all. It was blunt. Fast moving but blunt. A good case in point was the telephone game scene. Yeah we get it Anno.

I strongly disliked the nuclear allegory taking a backseat to anxiety over America's place in Japan's existence and it's fundamentally what's wrong with this film. Other films have handled this subject better (pic related) and I don't need it tacked onto my Godzilla.

At first I thought it was mangled corpses caught in his spikes, but on a closer look they have godzilla's spine, don't look human, and are reaching up to the sky like they're crawling off.

Can't say for sure but I feel like maybe it has to do with people who died in WWII to the nukes?

yeah, even little touches like shinya tsukamoto's character having a sweat towel all the time make them stand out to the audience. i thought it was a great at not losing the primary ensemble characters in the shuffle

>his body is made from the corpses of Hiroshima and Nagasaki

Thats metal af

I kind of agree with it being blunt. Especially all of the shit about being upset with America, it all felt so heavy handed. Like I get that Japanese opinions of America aren't at an all-time high but holy shit when you have scenes dedicated to "how about those americans what a bunch of assholes right" then you're seriously getting your point across in the worst way and it has no place in a fucking Godzilla movie.

>38
>Looks 23
Literally perfect

It was evolving to the point of self replicating into new more perfect forms.

>Evolves to match any threat
>Is defeated by a bunch of little people
>evolves to become a bunch of little people

STAND DOWN

I want her to nap on my lap.

I thought it was pretty honest.
>they cheer for America (SASUGA USA!) when they think its saving their lives
>they bitch about America as soon as thing's diverge from exactly what they want

MAJOR SHIN GODZILLA FIFTH/FINAL FORM SPOILERS

DO NOT OPEN

frankly i didn't feel like the film was overtly anti-american at all, even in the leadup to the nuke they took the time to humanize the american decision and show it as a rational course of action. and the operation in the end was explicitly shown to be made possible by american cooperation.

if the film was anti-anything it was the calcified political establishment who used american support to avoid making tough decisions

I have one more complaint before this thread 404's.
>anno thinks he's being cute by using the original recording of Godzilla's theme
>what he's really doing is subjecting me to 30db worth of analog hissssssssssssssssss at the theater
Nope nope nope nope nope nope.

w-what is this?

Also I thought it was a photoshop at first.
>it's not a photoshop

>Godzilla as metaphor for nature?

What was Godzilla's motive in Shin?

Same as in '54: go to the nearest population centre and wreck shit

The thing that killed it for me was America immediately deciding to nuke Godzilla.

Why would the country, who would absolutely want to avoid nuking Japan for the THIRD TIME, decide to use a nuclear weapon against a creature who's fueled by NUCLEAR POWER? It made no sense and was purely for the sake of pushing the story along while having a reason to be angry at Americans.

It was never really revealed, but assuming that Shin absorbed the DNA and memories of the scientist it followed its instincts to take revenge on Japan in someway.

Shin Godzilla is some kind of radiated, mutating organism that absorbs things around it to grow and evolve. The godzilla baby things are probably people that got absorbed and mutated. That or that's how Shin procreates and they're like babies growing off of him.

This makes me think of that one cancelled toho movie, Bride of Godzilla.

>why would they want to use the largest explosive device against a creature that has been shown to be effected by minor explosions

Really beats me user.

Didn't they say he feeds on radioactive material?

He was heading for the nuclear power plant.

Was he?

The thing is I don't ever recall them talking about Godzilla planning on feeding on a power plant, but I do remember them talking about nuclear fission going on in the body.

The real question isn't would the nuke have worked it's how the fuck could they possibly hit it with an ICBM after he developed the AA lasers?