They Live

Thoughts? Watched it last night. Are "They" representative of anyone in our society?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-mm4mLsCAyI
youtube.com/watch?v=TVwKjGbz60k
youtube.com/watch?v=-ZekZbKomFA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's a satire on consumer culture, likening capitalists to an alien invasion who are manipulating society for their own benefit.

reptilians

The big capitalists.

GOAT ending to Carpenter's best movie

(((They))) Live

anything but jews
that would be wrong
>gorillion

It's about consumerism and media brainwashing people

The right wing.

I remember it for one of the best fist fights in a movie.

definitely not

this woman is clearly a rich hollywood jewish liberal. carpenter is warning us against the liberal sjw hivemind that exists in our society.

(((shut it down)))

You guys always'll just say JEWS but there's another part to the movie and that's the people who'll just blindly accept the shit that's shovelled to them without question.

Way to miss the point there buddy.

Yeah it was really well done, based Roddy

>yfw they remake They Live
>yfw it's a liberal as fuck movie
>yfw the "aliens" are now disguised as right-wing conservatives proning traditional familly values
>yfw the boss alien is actually Trump

Yes, that's why the movie frequently takes the piss of out consumerism and Carpenter has repeatedly said over the years he wrote the movie in response to Reagan-era politics and Reaganomics.

True

Except that's what the original movie is.

List 5 things in They Live that are satirizing traditional family values.

That's the original movie.
I'm sick of you faggots who talk about movies without watching them, how many movies have watched in the last 5 years, 3?

That guy said "right-wing conservatives promoting traditional familly values," and that happens throughout the entire course of the movie. The aliens are representative of the Reagan-era republicans that got elected by pandering to people about traditional values. The point of the subliminal messages is to maintain a status quo and keep people from changing existing systems or questioning their leadership.

>consume
>procreate
>obey

Originally it was Republicans.

Now, it makes more sense for it to be Jews/Liberal Elite.

Jews

>watch whole rowdy roddy piper movie
>doesn't even bulldog or put someone in a sleeper hold
awful experience

If he only watched 3 movies in 5 years wouldn't he have a really firm grasp of those three whereas the guy that saw 100 movies would be more easily confused?

best part of the movie

youtube.com/watch?v=-mm4mLsCAyI

youtube.com/watch?v=TVwKjGbz60k

and so on

Yeah, white cis men.

>>consume
>>procreate
>>obey
Now it's
>10 Superfoods that will make you healthier
>Why it's great to be spinster and not have a family
>Listen and Believe

"They" are the establishment, the jews, the liberals, the illuminati/nwo, the globalists, the bankers or whatever it is you call the people pulling the strings.

They is the people who call the shots and are responsible for our current mess we are in

>the jews, t
Please don't kill yourself when Trump loses ;)

youtube.com/watch?v=-ZekZbKomFA

i'll interpret the film how i see fit. Carpenter is wrong.

Never understood the whole racemixing thing being something Jews push when I've since mixed Jews.