Childs was the Thing

Childs was the Thing

Other urls found in this thread:

blumhouse.com/2016/08/29/did-dean-cundey-just-reveal-the-biggest-secret-of-the-thing/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Except he wasn't. In the The thing game that came out in 2002 it says Mac survived and was rescued and child's froze to death. Carpenter even confirmed its canon

It's implied Mac was the thing. He helped you to destroy the main boss to throw off suspicion so he can escape to the mainland.

Then it's clear: John Carpenter is the Thing.

Exactly. He escaped and went on to make a documentary of himself

MacReady was normal during the blood test and the movie didn't have any scenes without him after that.

>child's froze to death
>to "death"

it's left totally ambiguous at the end.
>childs is the thing
>Macready is the thing
>neither one is the thing
>they both are the thing

all are correct because the movie ends and there is literally no more information to go on. and anyone posting that carpenter says the video game/comic book/whatever is cannon needs to post source because there is none

Mac would have passed the blood test if he were early stage infected at the time. Blood test only works on completely assimilated things.

the cinematographer confirmed in the directors commentary that childs was the thing, because you didnt see his breath in the cold, like you did with mccreadys

He was always cautious. Really don't think he would have caught the infection.

>childs drinks out of molotov cocktail macready hands him thinking its whiskey
>chess motif intensifies

blair infected him after knocking out the power generator

You can see Benning's breath. Was he human?

While recording his audiolog Mac was monkeying around with torn clothing which could have had traces of it.

The Thing guy who was running in the snow in the middle of the movie was breathing.

It works like AIDS. It can't do anything unless it enters the bloodstream.

You don't know that. Which is why the notes suggest they eat out of cans.

He was human. The wonky hands were from jerking off too much.

because bennings wasnt fully formed and it hadnt fully transitioned yet

he's just indulging the fan base. You in fact do see his fucking breath. very clearly on the DVD and Blu Ray versions. its not as clear because of shadows and the lighting. he is fucking breathing and its cold. This no breath fan theory is fucking stupid.

Childs was human because he was wearing an earring.

musical cue right after childs drinks too. he was the thing

Musical cue because MacReady just gave Childs his Thing cooties. Hence the giggling from ThingMac.

>it's another "fa/tv/irgins can't accept a clearly ambiguous ending" episode

You seem to be the only virgin here bud

This. It's meant to be ambiguous you spergs. What's hard to understand about that?

ambiguity means thinking for yourself and we can't have that in the information age

thinking for yourself means you might not fit in! oh no!

>John Carpenter's The Thing
uh-oh

So are you telling me that the thing filmed its own movie about itself?
It surely holds itself in high regard that's for sure.

an unknown amount of time passes between the final boss and the ending

>sequel in another medium than the original
>canon

Director said it is so get over it sperg

Ben Grimm is the Thing

jesus fuck guys, im seriously gonna rewatch this shit right now. you better not be fucking with me

you motherfucker, just made me howl with laughter in the middle of the night

Actually its confirmed because he straight up drank the molotov cocktail when it wasnt beer

Didn't know there was a game
Is it good?

It's from 2002. Might have been fine for its time, but it's not gonna be satisfying 14 years later. Don't even bother.

I, for one, welcome our thingy alien overlords

I've never understood how Blair could have gotten to the blood. Considering that the blood is still running out of the fridge when Doc discovers it, Blair would have to have done it right before he came in and noticed it happened.

How about the Thing pierced the bags, then shut the door, and the blood just pools at the bottom of the fridge until it drips out and forms the inital pool on the outside. It's still running because the lion's share is flowing out when the door is fully opened.

Anyone else thought this scene was creepy af?
A completely normal procedure taking place until huge teeth appear outta nowhere.

>Film screening begins
>Test groups complain about nausea, say the film is disgusting
>Carpenter says, "good"
>He changes nothing

No because of the cheesy cut that happens right before it and because WHY THE FUCK WAS HE GOING TO DEFRIBILLATE HIS STOMACH? LIKE, SERIOUSLY, HE IS JUST DEFRIBILLATING HIS STOMACH WHEN IT CUTS TO THE DUMMY.

Honestly, the entire movie is too damn silly to be scary.

I watched The Thing as a kid and legitimately laughed the entire movie.

Totally one of the top sci-fi horror scenes of all time. As for Childs being the Thing, i don't think so. If the Thing can survive as tissue then it probably is still crawling around in that petri dish, i don't think they torched that sample.

>So we were looking for some kind of a subtle way, to say which one of these (men) might be human. You'll notice there's always an eye light, we call it, a little gleam in the eye of the actor. It gives life.

blumhouse.com/2016/08/29/did-dean-cundey-just-reveal-the-biggest-secret-of-the-thing/

>I’ll just say it. In those final shots. Kurt Russell has the gleam lighting in his eyes. Childs does not! Make of that what you will

OP IS RIGHT!!

The scariness of the movie is of not knowing if anyone except yourself is still a human you can trust. It's scary for people used to socializing with other people.

If there was any mystery at all as to who is what in the movie, yeah, it would be nice.
But all "things" are telegraphed and predictable, except for the ending because, well, that's the point of that ending.

Carpenter was probably the most based director in Hollywood.
I really hope he comes back and does just one more Snake Plissken movie. Old, tired Snake who gives even less of a fuck than before and just wants to be left alone, it basically writes itself. Plus Kurt Russell has pretty much made a comeback.

if childs was thing then who was phone

This film is good and all, however the premise is scientifically unsound.

They were all the Thing at the end of the movie. Naul's cut everyone with the same scalpal for blood testing and infected them in the process.

Has anyone else noticed that he now looks like Albert Einstein?

This.

that is 100% a lie and everyone can plainly see it, retard

HAHAHAHAHA, JESUS CHRIST, THIS IS TRUE.

Way to go, Carpenter.

>in the game

>saw the thing a couple of times on tv pretty cool movie yo
>all these nerds using character names like anyone knows who they are

The guy with the flamethrower was the not-thing. The other guy was the thing. Right?

Plus the whole point of the computer chess scene with Mac was to set up that he doesn't tolerate cheating. Used liquor to kill that cheating bitch pc and kerosene in a liquor bottle to trick the thing at the end pretending to be Childs.

There was a thread when that article first came out and someone posted a screenshot of Palmer sitting on the couch tied up right before he things out and kills Windows and he as a gleam in his eye so Dean Cundey is full of shit and there's still no way to know for sure which character is a thing at the end.

Which is kind of the point.

Are you all retarded? Childs was the niggest of the nig and in the end he accepts his fate like yeah that's fine, CMON! when mac says "maybe we shouldnt" childs was the thing. Pure and simple

Exactly so that guy trying to say "you can tell who is a thing because of _____" is dumb

>i'm on Cred Forums mommy see I can use the n word like all of them too lol

That's impossible i died 61 years ago

I personally and actually like to believe that they both really were human in the end, and I have supporting evidence for my opinion. As do all of you. That's the beauty.

Feel free to ignore the prequel part of this graphic, but I genuinely enjoyed the prequel on its own merits as well (an unpopular opinion)...

and I also enjoyed reading the short story and getting the context!

A map of Antarctica which encapsulates both the locales of Carpenter's film and the prequel. There actualy is a geographical sense of place n the films, once you put it together.

On this subject, Alien Vs. Predator is also notable and remarkable as a fictional narrative which is set in Bouvet Island, the remotest place on earth. I'm unaware of a single other fictional narrative which is set on that remote place.

>MacReady
>Childs
>Blair
>Garry
>Windows
>Nauls
>Palmer
>Fuchs
Bennings
>Norris
>Doc
>Clark
Who was the best?

Clark doesn't try to stab MacReady. How different is the movie?

Not very.

The Clark character's penchant for knives and getting stabby is clearly established in the short story, which the Carpenter-directed project was committed to following more closely. In the short story, Clark knifes a guy to death under duress.

What makes you think Blair did it? We don't even know if he was a Thing at the time.

People like you should be drug out into the street and shot. Every aspect of video games has gotten worse besides graphics and online. I still play Bosconian and Mega Man 2.

It's actually not that bad.

The blood test he conducted. That doesn't prove anything.

>I still play two simplistic easy games

Good for... (You)?

Don't cry

Don't reply to me ever again fat pig

I think that now would be a good time to discuss the bonus situation.

I don't give a shit what the director said. The only thing that matters is what's on the screen.

They were all things, probably all infected at the same time, but completely unbeknownst to one another which is the reason they played human. The smart ones were able to pass the test training their blood to withstand heat, except Palmer, who didn't develop just as quick. They never reveal themselves easily and are able to even destroy fellow things since they are all from the same source.

Basically it makes the viewing more interesting if you think everyone's infected.

I thought that spider/severed head was cute ("You gotta be fucking kidding!"). It was a shame they had to incinerate the little guy.

???

>he cinematographer confirmed in the directors commentary that childs was the thing, because you didnt see his breath in the cold, like you did with mccreadys

That never happened btw

Now the 2011 Thing is cannon too?

is this real life?

>a thing
Kek

>I have a theory about this films ending but I can't 100% prove it
>I have a theory too but I can't prove it as well
>let's have a 300 replies back and forth verbal assault till none of us accepts anything
>okay

Love how people can get so worked up over shit like this.

>as a kid
Yesterday. Fuck off.

Clark doesn't rape Corey Haim. How different is movie industry?

John Carpenter is sooooooooooo grifted.

>only 27 likes
meanwhile kim kardashians ass has its own twitter account with 15 million followers

this world is fucked

There's a noose in blairs makeshift prison hanging around in plain site. The thing is too stupid to even know the signifigance of it and probably thinks its decorative.

Still makes me laugh

It seems unlikely that it wouldn't know the purpose of the noose, considering that it is able to perfectly mimic the people it absorbs. That means it must inherit all of that person's memories, right? It would have to know what a noose is.