Guys, Im heavily in debt and my life is in shambles. What are some good inspirational movies for motivation...

Guys, Im heavily in debt and my life is in shambles. What are some good inspirational movies for motivation? Movies of people becoming great from less than nothing, or "one-man journey to redemption" types of films? pic unrelated

It's fucking 2am. Don't you have anything better to do?

huh? Its 7.23 pm

the pursuit of happiness with will smith, bro

Are you the same OP who posted a motivational rec thread a couple of days ago?

No. Im just a depressed Olsenbro

Inside llewyn davis maybe? or
>Barry Lyndon
>Scarface
>There will be blood

also Bone tomahawk, don't even watch the trailers, just watch the movie user you won't regret it, believe me

Mission imposible 4

How do you get so deep in debt that you're depressed??? Are you a degenerate gambler or something?

rocky

the first one. a film class made me watch it. turned out to be pretty enjoyable. professor described it as one of the first "feel good" movies that became popular and successful at the box office.

$400k student loans. In last year of med school, failed a major exam (first time I fail an exam in my life) Best Case Scenario, my career is only delayed a year, Worst Case Scenario, will lose my fiancee and become homeless within two years

>student loans

Good goy

if it's the first time you failed an exam... youll probably do better next time. i think you're over reacting.

you should take a break from studying, then hit the books hard. you'll be fine.

The Wrestler

Filth

Bro, depending on where you live, a creditor can't garnish more than 25% of your disposable income. You'll have shitty credit, but let them sue you.

Get a normal person job and you be fine.

Invest in KNPD and I'm sure you'll be able to turn your life around.

>taking out loans for an education

Why exactly do you want to become an indentured servant?

>tfw I dropped out of college.
>tfw I make over $100k a year now
Life's good.

My sister is in the same boat but her career got delayed like two or three years, but like she's still gonna make it brehs

also nightcrawler is good for motivation

I want to become a doctor and will still graduate on time, I hadnt realized what a huge commitment it was financially because everything was going so smoothly before my failure

Thank you for your kind words,user, It was a medical licensing exam, but you are right

For federal loans its 10-15% of disposable income above the poverty line, Obama reduced it, the issue is that the loans accumulate interest and the balance will be well over a million within 15 years if I cant get a residency and become a doctor

hilarious

dude, you'll be fine. I think about how far you've come. YOU GOT THIS. You're gonna make it, bro.

It's taken me 8 years to finish school, just my BA because I didn't have the money, but I'm about to get my degree 2 weeks from now. Just stay positive.

After 30 years of payment student loans are eliminated.

The kicker is that anything that gets washed away is taxed as income that year.

Cinderella Man.

Never stop fighting. Never give up.

25 years actually. I dont know how hard it is to dispose of the gigantic tax bill in bankruptcy

Will try this movie, thanks user

Meh, the taxes on $1 million are only $350k. :P

Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is 400k In Student Loans Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Go To A Public School Like Get A CS Degree Haha

There are lots of people that get four year degrees from public state universities that are $100k in debt.

I'm not one of them, though.
#livingthebluecollardream

Different user, in 25 years the tax bill would be well over 800k. With interest, OP would be approaching 2 mil by then if hes doing IBR and has low income. His only hope would be to declare himself financially insolvent on the taxes and hope to get bankruptcy

sorry, i meant the tax bill would be more like 800k

If he's a doctor he should be making some what decent money well before then and should have the loans paid off anyways.

How did you manage that, brah?

By Building America®.

How is she so perfect,bros?

OP, if all else fails, go live in Russia or something

Answer me honestly, do you have a sexual attraction to trains?

None at all.

I probably will be automated out of a job in the next 15-20 years though. :\

Be like Stannis the Mannis

The Pursuit of Happyness

>happyness
its happiness you nigger

Nothing has made me think that I could be a hero more than the movie Fish Story.

Godfuckingdamn Elizabeth Olsen is fucking perfect Jesus Chist

>hope to get bankruptcy
>america
I thought people wanting bankruptcy was just a meme, not an actual viable financial tactic.

What kind of dystopia do you Americans live in?

well bankruptcy on a loan or company or even tax doesnt mean the person is broke. For example, if OP owes 800k taxes in 25 years, with a net worth of $400k, he could still declare himself financially insolvent on the $800k if he can prove that he cant repay the $800k while maintianing a standard of living. Declaring bankruptcy doesnt mean the person is broke, theres a difference

Bankruptcy is sometimes a viable financial tactic, though not always.

In the past, student loans were able to be discharged in bankruptcy, but then you had doctors graduate with several hundred thousand in student loans and they'd immediately file for bankruptcy as they didn't need credit at that point in their lives.

Collateral.