What went wrong with Die Hard 2?

what went wrong with Die Hard 2?

reminder

1-3-2-4-5

Sky Hard

Renny Harlin. He's a hack director who's got nothing on the master McTiernan but he's still better than whoever directed the 4. Haven't seen 5 and never plan to.

Yep.

They tried too hard to remake the tight quarters of Nakatomi Tower in LAX instead of just having him run around an interesting setting. LAX just looks like a boring 90s era building with some industrial elements when they go into the shipping area

Also that part at the end with the helicopter was silly even for Die Hard

Is there any other possible order?

>No shooting of the glass
Instant trash flick.

There is literally no way you could interpret it any differently unless you like 3's buddy cop formula, and if that's the case you don'e understand John Mclane. Just like 4 and 5

YIPPI KAY YAY MR FALCON!

>those grenades with 30-second fuses
Honestly it had real potential, but lacked that spark which made the first film so great. Having said that, it's still great and the sequence where he's running around outside trying to stop the plane is better than anything since Die Hard 3.

Here's hoping the 'back to basics' Die Hard 6 is better than 4 and 5.

3-1-4-2-5

I preferred 4 over 2 DESU. I know it didn't really fit the formula but it was IMO a top notch movie.

I never finished the fifth one tho because it's so bad I keep turning it off

I cannot and never will understand you people. 13245 til I die.

Why do people like Vengeance so much? It's good but it's not as good as the first two by a long.long way.

Could you explain why you think that order?

As silly as some of the stunts were in 4, they felt more visceral and believable

2 had mcclane escaping a plane by ejecting himself from a massive explosion, where the heat rising would have cooked him alive.

4 was good but it wasn't a good Die Hard. It should have been a standalone movie and not spent all that time trying to reference the series.

Because it tried something new and did a good job at it while keeping the feeling of the character. 2 was basically a comedy parody of 1 without realizing it

The stunts in 4 were in no way believable. The jet sequence, car vs helicopter, jeep in the elevator shaft were all totally over the top and far more ridiculous than the eject stunt in 2.

Also McClaine's character in 4 was almost as nonexistent as 5. He's a non-entity in those films, a big bald quick-witted generic action hero. In 1-3 he'a an asshole with a conscience and a ridiculous amount of determination.

nothing. i love 2. incredibly comfy late 80s/early 90s airport feel. franco nero riding in a plane the whole movie looking sinister. hell yeah.

They made a sequel to Die Hard.

2>1>3

It exists

Nothing. Fuck you.

>proud cuck since 2016