Who wins?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8MCoefVgW9w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Whoever wins, we lose

Arachnid is a beautiful civilization
Formics is one smart individual
Xenomorph are just animals

Sadly NONE of the Starship Troopers franchise ever show the great civilization in desert

if you kill an alien it wins

My money is on the turkroaches, they can destroy the xenomorphs by sheet volumr alone, not by quality that's for sure.

Arachnid has way more power and would dilacerate a Xenomorph with ease. The problem is that the Xenomorph is intelligent and it would probably dodge and atack from above where the arachnid has no defense and it's legs and arms can't reach.

If the Arachnid won it would die right after though.

I mean you could get an army of one against an army of the other but the thing about Xenomorphs is that they're more like a biological weapon than a species. Part of what makes them terrifying is that they can use our bodies to create more Xenomorphs. I'm not sure they'd be able to do the same with Arachnids.

So I think Arachnids would win because of their huge numbers and because they probably wouldn't be good hosts. However one on one a Xenomorph could easily kill an Arachnid.

Antlion

>one on one a Xenomorph could easily kill an Arachnid.

seeing how easyly they(arachnids) dismember shit in mere seconds, i highly doubt that

Do any of the arachnid warriors have a real mouth opening? How would it be facehugged?

Xenomorph is faster smarter and has acid for fucking blood, even if the Arachnid can grab it to bite into it, the acid is going to kill it before its finished

They can dismember *humans* in mere seconds. Xenomorphs can do that too. Plus Xenomorphs are faster and more creative, if melee was not a viable option they'd probably just cut themselves and throw their corrosive blood.

They attack the big giant vagina!

Xenomorphs only took damage from guns that were firing explosive tipped armor piercing rounds. I'm not sure Arachnids would have an easy time biting through that.

Xenomorphs are cute, CUTE.

I'm from Buenos Aires and I say we kill them all!

they just want a hug ( ._.)

Gets me hard as it looks like a vagina with herpes.

>Formics is one smart individual
Is Card ever going to finish the fucking Ender's Game/Shadow series, or is his current plan to just keep shitting out prequel book with that other nigger until he dies?

The arachnids were able to easily chew through solid rubble, military grade battle armor, crush the military structures, oh and throw a fricking asteroid at the earth. Fairly certain they can chew through the xenomorphs.

Xenomorphs punch through space craft hull doors and can through a 300 pound predator across the room with its tail. They are plenty fucking strong themselves, but faster and smarter as well.

One on one a xeno should destroy. Being bigger wouldn't help the arachnid.

they would hiss each other and none would attack.

this.
Will pay to see the baby that comes out of facehuggin' the queen of the arachnoids.

Arachnid can think thought and etablish tactics and strategies
xenomorph are just glorified parasite

What kind of Xenomorphs we talking about here? Human Xeno's, Pred Xeno's, Dog Xeno's? Because, if we're being fair, it should be Arachnid Xeno's.

One egg has the potential to destroy an entire planet. The Engineers lost entire planets to them already. They are incredibly intelligent Bio-Weapons with industrial strength claws/teeth, silicon skin that's incredibly resistant to mostly everything save armor-piercing explosive weapons. Also they are very strong, punching through starship grade armor and lifting 200+ humans effortlessly. Don't forget the concentrated acid for blood which would be suicidal for Arachnids to engage in melee. And they're extremely adaptable. They were designed for war and subjugation.

You can say the advantage the Aranicds have is their numbers but when the eggs start to form, they will turn against them quickly.

>Arachnid can think thought and etablish tactics and strategies
So can the Xeno's. By the end of Alien, Skull was countering Ripley. The same happens is Aliens when they turn off the power. Alien Resurrection takes it a step further with them operating machinery, setting up complicated ambushes and their escape is a true testament to their intelligence. The problem for the Arancids is they breed too fast. Adult Aliens are created in hours, within a day they would outnumber them. They would have no time to counter them.

We should just open our planet's borders and let in all the aliens who want to come in

The biggest advantage xenos have is numbers and fear. Other animals fear them. It literally gives them a military advantage.

Acid blood and trying to infect warriors would be a pointless exercise in suicide.

Planet P showed us the real problem and we had nukes, it was numbers. They always ended up with more.

They can fly, they have a central nest intelligence and bugs that don't know fear. They're the literary version of zerg. I think you would need to pull on cheat races like 40k bullshit to beat them.

Xenos are good against humanoids because everyone experiences fear but once you get past the hard meat and acid blood..they're not that many and even 1 predator can kill a lot of them.

if you take AVP into account they would still need hosts. They have beaks for mouths so I would like to see them get infected by facehuggers.

Actually they were also killed by a 12 gauge and a 45 colt.

There are a number of reasons the Humans had trouble with Arancids in Starship Troopers movie, it mostly was due to incompetent command. Planet P was a series of tests for bug intelligence and they were overrun quickly because it was an unstrengthened army without support.

>they have a central nest intelligence and bugs that don't know fear.
The movie proves this wrong. The brain bug is strictly operating out of fear of Humanity. If 5,000 warriors suddenly got infected with Aliens, they would start panicking because it would only be a matter of time before the entire infection was spread.

>I think you would need to pull on cheat races like 40k bullshit to beat them.
Arancids by themselves are pretty stupid. A couple getting grabbed and put into a hive would be no big deal before a massive infestation occurred. Also, you're forgetting the Humans were slaughtering them by films end. Small arms and bombing was adaquet for dealing with them. Karl shows a small burst killing them at the nerve stem. Rico and crew massacred a good group too evacuating Carmen.

>even 1 predator can kill a lot of them
Let's not take AvP into account since that movie is extremely inconsistent. I find it hard to believe a predator would survive an encounter with a Xeno in melee. It struggled fighting Harrigan in melee and their strength is not that impressive from what we've seen.

>They have beaks for mouths so I would like to see them get infected by facehuggers
Shouldn't be an issue, the just need to get inside the organism to infect it.

>12 gugage
In extreme close quarters in the mouth.

>.45acp
It was bouncing off it's skull at distance and Vasquez had to get into extreme close range to wound it. Even then, she was aiming at a sensitive part before acid got her.

Which was my point though, Facehuggers could never infect arachnids. Their mouths are beaks. I suppose they could try to infect the little cockroach crawlers.

They have tanks and flyers though too..

So "suddenly 5000" warriors undermines the whole argument since it can never happen and why I spent time pointing it out.

I agree arachnids are stupid on their own.

the only holes we see on the warrior is the beak mouth and only way they can get the tube in them is with the opening in the body and we never saw an anus on warrior bug so.

Prometheus or any of the alien movies or avp, they always needed access to infect and it was mouth access so. All of the species we've seen them infect had mouths, and necks.

Humans, preds, engineers. All of them work on the same principles. So until we see something in media, that point goes to me and kills their ability to get hosts.

>arachnid tears xenomorph apart
>acid blood melts arachnid

I wins.

Xenomorphs were jerks, but they listened to their queen. They really had no real reason to bully the settlers, but did anyway. Arachnids would probably not be violent towards humans had humans not been the bad guy and aggressor. The brain bug would have reeled them in and communicated that they should be friendly and maybe even helpful.

In a fight, Arachnids would win hands down based on numbers alone. They're like soviet solidiers during WWII.

Xenomorphs for the win. You would see them get taken by the arachnids pure numbers but in the end, I expect the bugs to become compromised and a new xenomorph. Horrible for all life in the universe.

>Facehuggers could never infect arachnids. Their mouths are beaks
It doesn't matter, the Alien embryo only needs to be inserted in the body. If there is no orifice, the Facehugger can regulate control over the acid. It only needs to make a minor hole in the carapace and inject it. It doesn't invalidate anything.

>Prometheus or any of the alien movies or avp, they always needed access to infect and it was mouth access so. All of the species we've seen them infect had mouths, and necks.
While this is true we mostly see these hosts infected in the mouth area, the alien embryo needs genetic material to sustain itself so literally any place in the body is adequate for infection. These organisms were created to destroy worlds and their extremely adaptable. I don't see how infected an arachnid would be an issue since it is a biological creature.

>So until we see something in media
There's quite a few comics and novels that can show you alternative ways huggers impregnate.

>In a fight, Arachnids would win hands down based on numbers alone. They're like soviet solidiers during WWII.
They would not fight them in open battle. They would start capturing them here and there and eventually, they would just start overwhelm them. They're ambush creatures not front liners. That's what makes them so dangerous, by the time your realize you have them, it's too late.

Also, Soviets didn't win with numbers alone. They had excellent equipment, tactics and most importantly logistics to win.

there is literally a god-bug arachnid in alternative media for Starship troopers so lets just stick to the movies otherwise it could get messy.

Comics and novels while lore related aren't what we've seen on screen

Itt: fags pushing their own meme headcanon

although I think the Arachnids would win...

>lets slice through creatures with acid for blood that melts starship hulls
lol

>Xenomorph is intelligent
EUfag detected. fuck off back to /lit/ so everyone can explain why the EU sucks

if one combatant is horribly maimed by collateral acid but the other is literally sliced in two, I think I'd probably still give that fight to the former

>Fleet glasses the planet, MI mops up

not going to lie a crossover would be legit senpai

what? its not like there will ever be half as many Xenos as there are arachnids, nids can easily win that way

Only one book left. So probably in 10 years.

Remember that scene with the Mayans in AvP and the Predators get overrun?

remember that scene in Starship Troopers when an entire military base gets overrun, not just 6 assholes with guns that fire one round a minute?

Aliens are honestly a bad weapon. Their reproductive cycle is too reliant on other organisms to be very effective considering they die to basic firearms. Eggs would be much more effective, which makes the space spiders more dangerous.

Why would you hold that shot for that long?

With the Acid Blood, has that ever been explained?
I mean is it full on acid that can melt through anything, or does it have limits? Why doesn't it melt the Xenos from the inside out? Is it their armored carapace that gives them protection? If so, would the Bugs have the same protections from their carapace?

That shot always bugged me too. they could have skipped the whole arms reaching out shot completely and scared people better.

>its not like there will ever be half as many Xenos as there are arachnids
This is a really dumb point because Humans outnumbered the Aliens until they started getting captured. Queen makes eggs for every arancid they capture and you would have millions of arachnid xenos by the end of the week.

>escape off self destructing ship
>cuts power
>kills pilot trying to save marines
>operates machinery
>uses their acid to escape
>smart enough to learn things the first time
>queen literally displays human levels of intelligence in films
>flushes out prey into nests
nice meme

1 v 1 xeno would win due to stealth an acid.

race on race. Arachnid because flamethrowing beetles and lack of chestbursters access.

queen can't lay enough eggs in a day to keep up with the number of arachnids, retard

getting killed and having your opponent dissolve on your corpse isn't winning
xenomorphs never cut power, or operated any sort of machinery, bruh. what the fuck does "learn things the first time" mean?
also, it didn't "escape" the ship, it was hunting the only remaining life-forms aboard, just like how the alien in Aliens was hunting the captain. conveniently killing someone important is not intelligence, its lazy writing.
nice meme, moin froind

they can spit acid and any wound even a mild one means Arachnids doomed.

they can't fucking spit acid, EUfag. also, Arachnids are still combat effective with 75% of their body missing, so no way in Hell is one wound going to kill them. it doesn't make any difference how powerful the acid is, it will burn through them and leave a small wound.

It's acid, not some spew of of indefensible hellfire, you guys are giving it way too much credit.

Arachnids are fast, savage, and relentless. Just like in the film, they climb over the corpses of their fallen bretheren to get at their targets. They wouldn't give a shit about acid. The Xeno's would still die, and arachnids would keep churning out 100:1. Xenos have zero mass destruction abilities. It's a landslide win or Arachnids on sheer numbers alone.

still calling 1 v 1 match xeno would win. They are just smarter.

The Xenomorphs spit acid in Alien 3 and Resurrection.

>what are multiple queens for 300, Alex.
>what are xenos can turn organic matter into eggs, alex

How would the Predator (or a group of them) fair against John Carpenters The Thing?

>what are multiple queens for 300, Alex.
"Beings that will immediately kill each other, as with any insect, EUfag"
>what are xenos can turn organic matter into eggs, alex
that's neither vaguely true nor a proper use of "what are"

does being The Thing alter your heat signature?

>xenomorphs never cut power
See Aliens. The Director disagrees with you.

>operated any sort of machinery
>he forgets they were pressing buttons on the ship with their lower jaws in Alien Resurrection

>what the fuck does "learn things the first time" mean
See Nitrogen scene in Alien Resurrection and Sentry gun attack in Aliens

>also, it didn't "escape" the ship, it was hunting the only remaining life-forms aboard
Director also disagrees with you. It was deliberately leaving the ship because it was going boom. Also the Narcisse wasn't filled with lifeforms. Nothing was on it yet. Also, the cut ending was the alien sitting in the chair pretending to be Ripley. That alone implies what Scott was going for with intelligence. You have to be a special kind of retard not to pick up the Alien wasn't an animal but an Alien seria killer before Cameron fucked it up.

Xenomorphs
>Deadly fast
>Problem solving
>acidic blood
>Claws, teeth, and spear-like tail
>Requires parasitic host in order to create more for colony
Arachnae
>Vast numbers
>Directed by higher intelligence
>sharp mandibles
I want to say Xenomorphs but what kind of scenario we talking here? Is there an equal infestation of both? Do the Arachnids also have the giant beetles, brain bug, and flyers at there disposal? Do the Xenomorphs have a queen and spawned from just humans?

they would kill it very quickly.

> alien that needs to dismember itself to unlock its ultimate weapon: acid blood
vs
> 25 ft tall alien with 100 yards reaching acid beam

Gee I fucking wonder

Thats actually a good question. We know that The Thing isnt fond of extreme heat and can lay dormant in ice for extended periods of time. But does it give off a heat signature to be seen by Predators?

>See Aliens. The Director disagrees with you.
I did, and no he doesn't. stop lying.
>he forgets they were pressing buttons on the ship with their lower jaws in Alien Resurrection
wait, you count Whedon's quipliens? but not the giant-ass Arachnid God from Starship Troopers 3?
>Sentry gun attack in Aliens
Motherucker, 60 of those goddamned things died before they stopped charging. slugs would have figured that out quicker.
>Director also disagrees with you.
No he doesn't, stop lying
>Also, the cut ending was the alien sitting in the chair pretending to be Ripley
why are you talking about stuff that was never, ever canon in any capacity?

Yeah, and if they somehow latch a Facehugger on a Brain Bug, you'll have some fucked up shit to deal with there.

Aliens breed much faster than arachnids. Their entire lifecycle is less than 24 hours. Also, they would not ever fight them in a standup fight because they're not stupid. They would capture bugs here and there stealthily until their numbers were sufficient. A couple going missing out of millions would be no big deal to them.

Would they? Because every cell of The Thing is its consciousness. They would have to burn him pretty quick before it tries to escape in a smaller form. Also you're not getting a trophy out of it either

>Aliens breed much faster than arachnids.
no they don't. thats completely retarded.
> Their entire lifecycle is less than 24 hours.
no its not, we see living aliens on LV-426 after several weeks

No one's talking about the EU, friend. We discussed that. Especially when the majority of it is non-canon. Only one book is actually canon.

>that's neither vaguely true
youtube.com/watch?v=8MCoefVgW9w

>nor a proper use of "what are"
>shitposting so hard you forget the argument
This isnt about grammer or language, its about Aliens. stop bringing in the EU and stay on topic

That was .380 ACP.

>wait, you count Whedon's quipliens?
Not an argument. Opinion discarded.

Probably the arachnids. I see xenomorphs being a tactical strike type of weapon, and not really a nuke type of deal. If you know it's coming, it's really easy to contain.

>youtube.com/watch?v=8MCoefVgW9w
your talking EU right there, friend. this scene was not in the movie, therefor it is expanded universe, plain and simple.
>stop bringing in the EU
your the one who keeps bringing it up

Not him, and you're half right user. Yeah they live longer than 24 hours, thats a given, but they go from newborn to adult in less than 12 hours. The only deciding factor here is how many hosts do the Aliens have available to breed

>Not an argument.
it completely is, your just ignoring it.

If the Xenomorphs can blitz the Arachnid hive and take out the brainbugs they might win, otherwise the Arachnids will build a new hive 100s of miles away and just send wave after wave of Arachnid soldiers.

There is a possibility of a facehugger impregnating an Arachnid brainbug and creating a Xenomorph-brainbug hybrid queen with control over both Arachnids and Xenomorphs.

Did you not see Alien? The Facehugger, Chestburster and adult alien was less than 12 hours. Ripley mentions this in Aliens. If they captured a thousand bugs, they would have a thousand xenos in a single day.

Arachnids just launch a meteorite at LV-whatever42 and blow it up.

>Facehugger impregnating an arachnid brain bug
Question: Would that even work? In fact, how many species are facehuggers compatible with? Its not like they would fit on every dominant species.

>Arachnid can think thought
what did he mean by this

xeno can get anything with a digestive system.

We have seen them get dogs and some non humanoids. But never a insect like creature.Face huggers also conform to their queens genetics,

All and all i would give it a 50/50 shot of working.

Because you don't like Alien Resurrection it's not valid? That's retarded. The Starship trooper movies after the first are not canon.

>"In the DVD commentary, James Cameron states that the Aliens in Aliens had been alive for a few weeks at least and, thus, had plenty of time to adapt and learn."

>"The film was originally going to end with Ripley simply escaping in the shuttle and the Alien dying aboard the Nostromo as it self-destructed. However, Ridley Scott then conceived of a 'fourth act' in which Ripley had to face the Alien again, as it had managed to stow away aboard the shuttle. His intention was to end the movie on a dark note, with the Alien biting Ripley's head off, and then mimicking her voice as it made a final log entry. He convinced the studio to allow for extra budget and filming days. The studio agreed, but only on the condition that the Alien would still die at the end. That is how the current ending came about, which is similar to Shusett's and O'Banion's early script"

>Motherucker, 60 of those goddamned things died before they stopped charging. slugs would have figured that out quicker.
They were testing out the defensive capability of the Marines since they were use to fighting dumb colonists. Once they figured out their mainlines were compromised, they figured an alternative situation. Less than few dozen died regardless. Besides, they had the numbers to compensate.

Are you fucking kidding? They set up traps for humans, show signs of understanding the environment and deep complex interaction with it. A xenomorph wouldn't just jump on an arachnid. It would immediately try to go for the upside of the animal where it's deffenseless.

In video games and comics there are hybrids like predaliens and in Prometheus you see how the black goop turns a worm into a more advanced viper-like worm.

Without getting too convoluted, I think the black goop is capable of processing information rather like how the nucleus of a cell processes information from DNA to manufacture proteins. It can take the DNA from anything and use that as the basis for a new organism, replacing regular blood with acid blood and such.

also how many eggs the queen laid. and whether or not there is a queen

no, they'd have one every 12 hours.
they did literally none of that, ever

>The Starship trooper movies after the first are not canon.
Says fucking who?
also, nice job making up a bunch of fake quotes to justify obvious bullshit

>Prometheus
>Black goo
I think we're better off ignoring that hornets nest. Simpler just to speculate on general Alien biology than whatever the fuck the goo could do

>also, nice job making up a bunch of fake quotes to justify obvious bullshit
0/10

Now, I know you're just shitposting.

>no, they'd have one every 12 hours.
That makes zero sense. Are you saying a chestburster would emerge every 12 hours? Why?

>they did literally none of that, ever
Did you not watch Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 or Alien Resurrection?