Now that the dust has settled

Now that the dust has settled,

Is this season of South Park worth watching?

Or is it going to be like the last two seasons?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5GzMx9CnhVk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The dust hasn't settled yet. Episode 4 was pretty boring compared to the first 3.

I hate this format.

Stop building and just make a funny episode of southpark you hackfrauds.

>Is this season of South Park worth watching?
If you want jokes, then no.

I personally prefer it to watching old south park episodes, these ones are fresh and relevant. OP is a faggot.

just watched the last episode and found it boring

show is really going downhill

Yes it's very funny still, just different. No other show has sustained this many solid seasons.

it's garbage

No, the storylines are shit

so the general consensus is that this season is bad?

Terrible. It'll be unwatchable in a couple years after all the memes and current events they base entire episodes on will be forgotten about.

not very funny yet

so far its better than season 19 and 18. though the whole continuity aspect from the last 2 seasons has more or less been abandoned and they've gone for a full fletched storyline as opposed to little things from previous episodes appearing in the next episode. its like a 10 part series.

the storyline is pretty good but i can imagine this formula getting old fast. i hope next season they just make episodes about the boys dicking around and avoid current events, especially if it involves sports or politics.

Yeah but who gives a shit, its good in the moment, Member fag detected

No. Wait until election season is over. They're trying to hard to be about current events instead of just funny shit.

yeah, and if you think forming an opinion of your own is an option, you're a dumb normie.

It's not, though.

Better than last season's train wreck, but still not very funny.

I actually liked the last two seasons but this one is really not great. I feel like they got so caught up in trying to build some big thing they forgot to be funny.

Yes it is

It's fucking hilarious. I've howled with laughter, every episode.

Underage b& won't understand why

Denied, and confirmed, fuck off with your addiction to Nostalgia. Kys.

>this is what redditors actually believe

Look at this, one hundred percent failure. Fuck Reddit, Fuck Cred Forums, Fuck the internet for all I care. Fuck yourself to death user. Im serial.

this, it was goddamn hilarious too

INB4 it will be funny if I post that these are redditors........................................... >>>KYS

>raging goblin
>nostalgia hate.
>kys

Here we go

this season is the Cred Forums season. you're all responsible for this shit.

the memes are overwhelming...

>TROLLS GOTTA STICK TOGETHER

>ITS A WAY OF LIFE

>I WAS JUST DOING IT FOR THE LULZ

>THAT WAS 2 SPOOKY

yeah seriously. I haven't watched this show in years and buddy comes over and makes me watch the last 4 episodes. it's like they came to this website for a week and decided to write the season about us

It was literally cp

It's too relevant now, if that makes sense.

They were always topical, yes, but there was always some absurdist plot featuring the kids that took center stage. Whatever real world issue or person they wanted to satirize was always cleverly worked into that.

The recent seasons have had their "issue of the week" or recently "issue of the season" front and center with the kids playing right along. I prefer the old style which relied more on them being creative, most of the humor lately has been focused directly on the issue or straight up mirroring real world memes.

You're all jaded cunts. You just cringe at the prospect of CURRENT things being parodied. You like the old seasons because you were a little impressionable child watching and not giving a fuck, because you didn't even grasp the concept of contemporary pop culture. You look back at those golden old episodes without realizing that they too were just making fun of THEN CURRENT things in the absolute same way as they do today. You're just too cynical too see this and thus detest when they make fun of NOW CURRENT things because every fucking normie out there obviously gets it too.

Yes, we all admit that we liked things differently when we were in a different era. But as time goes on, things change and the humor of past generations doesn't always hold up to current standards. They might be doing the same shit they used to but we can look back and understand why we used to enjoy something but at the same time we shouldn't look back and think, "I liked it then, I'll like it now."

They can continue to stay in the past or move on, whatever they think that means for the series.

What the fuck is funny about the member berries?

It isn't funny...I hear people saying "member chewbacca?member r2d2?" constantly at work and other people chortle at it.

I honestly don't understand how this is funny to just quote south park.

You gotta be retarded to think the earlier seasons were anything like the current ones.

making references to things is all normies know how to do

low hanging fruit

this

the issue of the week became the entire plot of their new seasons, instead of having a separate plot with the current issues worked into it.

But that's the world now. 24 hour absurdity shitshow with everything off balance. Why wouldn't a show like South Park reflect that?

Y'all need to stop member berrying. Shit's getting real.

That pissing fetish gag had me in stitches.

>Ike's and Kyle's faces as they see their mom piss on their dad

Cartman talking about how he saw a vagina was funny as well.

It's worth watching in a night once it's over, but it's not worth getting into right now. It won't be remembered as anything great, and it's not great, but it is entertaining enough to blow a night with once it's finished.

Literally contingent on what they do with Cartman.
In the pile of shit that is everything else/every other character right now, it all rests on whatever twist Cartman's behaviors are going to come out to. If it ends up being shitty and underwhelming though, this may be the worst season of South Park in years.

So it's either being ironically bad temporarily, or it's just bad.

The only thing that bothers me is the slow pace of the episodes, especially the dialogue and the fact that they don't cuss creatively anymore.

>the only reason you don't like it is because it's new you stupid redditors!
>muhmemberberries

If you watched classic South Park, the new seasons are barely even recognizable.

South Park turned bad about season 10. Peaked in Season 5.

Can you explain why the old episodes make you laugh and the new ones don't?

>low hanging fruit

Oh shit. This guy is truly the ultimate normie, too. And an engineer.

>last 2 seasons
soutpark hasnt' been good since like season 3-9

>what is seinfeld

'Member when South Park was actually funny and didn't poorly satirize current events?

Season 1-2 is fucking hilarious. What have you been smoking ???

IM RICK JAMES BITCH

If you watch the Six Days to Air documentary you'll realize that the reason they rely so much on current events for their comedy is because of how pressed for time they are. Trey says that episode ideas in the past all came from things that he remembers from his childhood.

nailed it

>hitler salute

Its worse than last season

At least PC Principal was a funny idea. Yeah, they hammered it intoo the ground but still it's better than any one off jokes in the new season

Member when South Park was good? I member.

But srsly those member berries are fucking hilarious for some reason, their voices and look.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOUR OVARIES, BITCH?!
youtube.com/watch?v=5GzMx9CnhVk

>But srsly those member berries are fucking hilarious for some reason, their voices and look.

Get out you normie.

>those member berries are fucking hilarious for some reason
You might be retarded. Memberberries are not even up to Family Guy level.

I'm not sure. The last season was great because all the individual episodes had their own plots that contributed to the overarching story, whereas this season just seems to be the overarching story, and it's not as funny.

I thought 3 kinda sucked too.

First 2 were solid, though.

Memberberries + Randy is easily the funniest thing this season has going for it. But that's not saying much.

>muh political debate
>muh twitter suicide
>muh sincere cartman
>muh wieners out

The whole season is so shit thus far.

>Literally contingent on what they do with Cartman.
Agreed.
It would be nice to see a comparative supercut of each plotline.
Member berries is probably the weakest plot right now.

I agree with this. But then again, the first three were so good I suspected they wouldn't be able to keep it up. The Garrison/member berries plot is the best thing about the season so far, but election day is 3 weeks away.

well you're a frogposter so it's hard to give recommendations to idiots

Cartman is not funny anymore, I miss that cunt

Season's pretty funny episode to episode. Only thing that bothers me is they have different funny concepts in each episode, but in order to keep the season-long plot flowing they never really flesh them out properly like they used to. The skankhunt plotline is kind of eating the other ideas as they're introduced.

You're part of the problem. Last three episodes barely had any jokes. Hate to say it but South Park is over the hill.

Every Episode had something new and was worth a watch without having to see the whole 2 seasons before. Try watching a single episode from the last season and this one and you'll be wonderin what the fuck is going on? South Park really fucked up with this storyline shit they do now. Earlier storyline-stuff like Imaginationland was amazing but it only dragged on for a few episodes, hit you right in the guts and left again, leaving you with sinsere laughter. This new approach they take is just too fucking slow-pased. I don't give a fuck about this PC bullshit, yet they forced me to watch a whole season about that topic instead of thinking about new stuff and changing the premise a little. It's just sad to see, given how they obviously still have a lot of potential left, since they still add the occasional genius jokes/puns and the quality of the animation has never been better.

Hell no. It's worse than the last season. I just cant hang in there any more with this show. It's not funny and it's not enjoyable to watch. Every moment is groan inducing and painful.

So it seems like most people in this thread don't like this season or last season.

Is it time for Matt & Trey to hang it up? Should South Park be canceled?

Are you implying that Seth & Matt still come up with all the stuff and don't just have a bunch of ghostwriters in India putting-up ideas?

Inb4 "but in duh documentary they all sit in a room and laugh while planning! It mustn't be staged for ze cams!"

This season is pretty brilliant. Rather than doing a bunch of gags they're committed to this really elaborate in depth satire of social media and so far they haven't worn it out yet. Every episode seems to tackle some new aspect of the problem.

I had to stop watching the latest episode around the meeting under the bridge because it was so fucking bad.

Yeah it always is. If you haven't figured that out after 20 years you're probably an underage twink who needs to suck my dick.

Would you mind elaborating how they are tackling new aspects and how they are not dragging? My problem with the last 2 seasons is exactly that they dragged the damn topics (PC, BLM, Twitter/Minecraft/Online-culture etc.) for waaaaay too long, some even over the course of the whole season.

How old are you?

I liked it when Sheila pissed all over Gerald. Well-adjusted Cartman is a fun too.

considering all the money and talent, this is the worst season of a television show ive ever witnessed

>Is it time for Matt & Trey to hang it up? Should South Park be canceled?

Yes without question.

Randy switching sides after seeing Garrison pleading for his life brought me to tears

>EVERY FUCKING YEAR PEOPLE SAY SOUTH PARK SUCKS YET THEY KEEP WATCHING

>THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON SINCE 2009

kek, KEK

I still love South Park desu

The longer you wait the less epic references you'll understand. Don't watch it at all dude.

I'd have to agree, it's funny seeing a long stretch-arch from this absurd show. I mean, its still just a crude cartoon, but it's turned into Tails Gets Trolled or something, and millions of people are watching.

Honestly no.
Fatass smashing pussy before me is too much.