youtube.com/watch?v=exaR50iv5Ws
youtube.com/watch?v=cjY_1XfyuUM
youtube.com/watch?v=Tv7Xkdda8Q8
youtube.com/watch?v=kRSLCABT4g0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Godzilla vs Megalon was a good movie and a staple of all the godzilla movies

One of my personal favorites.

It's just so much fun.

So which of these do you guys disagree with? Maybe we can put together our own list or edit this one?

I'm OP of the first KKKG from yesterday. Working on my own infographics for Godzilla as well as Gamera, will eventually make an Ultra one once I'm more well versed with the series but mine will be finished tomorrow at some point.

These are the corrections I would make to your image though:

>Astro Monster - Highly recommended
>Sea Monster - Consider it
>DAM - Consider it
>All Monsters Attack - Consider it
>Hedorah - highly recommended
>Gigan - highly recommended
>megalon - can be skipped
>Terror of MechaG - Highly rec

>Return - highly rec
>vs. KG - Consider it
>vs. Mothra - Highly Rec
>MechaG 2 - Consider it
>SpaceG - can be skipped

>2000 - Consider
>Tokyo SOS - can be skipped
>FW - consider

Gonna rewatch a couple before I finish up my images though

Shin was so fucking good.
Might be one of my favorite movies of all time let alone favorite Godzilla movie

When they first showed the first form of Godzilla I thought it was a trick like "Oh hah you thought this was Godzilla, but really its the monster he fights!"
Then it evolved and I was like holy shit.

Same. I got had not once, but TWICE.
Sasuga Anno.

More infographics the better. I mostly agree with what you say too except
>megalon - can be skipped
thems fight'n words

>Shin Godzilla 2

I thought the same, when it cut to that wide shot of it motorboating through the street I had such a physical reaction of surprise that the person I was with turned and noticed. I thought it was something that Godzilla was just hunting and trying to escape. Hence the bleeding and being on land. I thought it they were going to finally deploy the military and then it would just die. And right after it died they'd sigh with relief only to have Godzilla show up on the beach.

When it started evolving into Godzilla I was in awe. God damn it was so cool.

I haven't felt this in love with a moviegoing experience in a long time, I'm glad I got to see such an incredible moment in the cinema.

how do i convince my wife to see this, she loved 2014 but is worried this won't be fun at all

nobody but literal babies cares about Ultraman you capeshit twat

I saw a picture of kamata before I watched the movie, but yeah I was still speculating what role he'd play even after he was revealed. I knew what direction it was going though after I realized the spines. Just such of a strange take on godzilla overall. Who even knew Anno would have thought of that. But maybe it was a Higuchi thing. That I could see.

shit nigga just tell her it's a good movie

rude user from the last thread, there's no need to be rude

just tell her it's 2014 but with better characters, and a WAY more interesting monster

I don't want capeshit moralfags in these threads.

Does she have experience with foreign films and subtitles? It could be a difficult barrier. But if she is alright with subtitles, all I can say is it's the best Godzilla movie below the original and one of the most fun and entertaining movies I've ever seen.

It's both real Godzilla and a totally new Godzilla. Every element of it was pure joy and fun, both humorous and terrifying.

they help keep the thread alive

let them be

They won't be threads worth living with moralfag posters.

Assuming you both haven't seen it before. Just FYI her that it's CGI is a mixed baggage of "better than 2014" and "wouldn't pass for american hollywood".

Ms. Ogashira needs coffee, she's falling asleep!

Here, go give her this!

Technically kamata-kun is the second form. The first form is never seen but we have this maquette

>I'm angry about Ultraman
>I'm obsessed with seeming mature

Shouldn't you be back on tumblr?

Her name is Ogashira 尾頭

尾 = Tail
頭 = Head
BRAVO ANNO

Well I'm sorry user, but you don't have to stay here. Ultraman has kaiju so I'm fine with it.

Just enjoy the cute art user

lucas level poetry

You know who generally dislikes heroic characters? Teenagers and women. Which are you?

No.

>shin pajama
QT

You mean people over the age of 15.
If you're over that age and partaking in any media with a clear ''''good'''' guy you are officially emotionally and intellectually undeveloped.
Do you honestly consider Lord of the Rings a better work than No Country for Old men?

>/KKKG/ King Kaiju Kino General
Why King?

I assume Reddit is more your pace then huh

I don't compare them, but if you think Lord of the Rings is a bad work then you need to just stop.

is she cosplaying CIA?

Nope.

Son of Godzilla - consider it

It's fun, heartfelt, and integrates the human story and kaiju action well.

Describe what's good about it without meme Cred Forums language.
The 'good' guys literally wear white clothes and have nice names while the 'bad' guys all wear spiky black armor and have baaaad names.

Because King of the Monsters

also probably memes

How can Anno even compete?
imdb.com/title/tt3416532/

imdb.com/title/tt4680182/

imdb.com/title/tt2948358/

No I definitely think so

Should just rename your shitty threads to Tumblreddit General.

>being this edgy of a pleb
wew

Ultraman is literally capeshit.

Nah.

>this idiot is calling other people 15 year olds
ok

As much as I love it, I blame it for the West seeing Godzilla as being cheap and silly.

You failed at the assigned task.

>literally half his screen time is him standing fucking still
>No reason why he's going inland he's just doing it
>stock '54 roar not even fucking fitting him it sounded so fucking wrong on this godzilla
I guess it was okay

I don't argue with retards.

Describes the depth of Tolkien's work better than I could.
youtube.com/watch?v=lXAvF9p8nmM

Black and white moralities aren't inherently worse than a story without them, there's more to storytelling than that. You can tell more than one type of story with an equal level of maturity.

It doesn't matter though because Ultraman has kaiju so it belongs in this thread. Even if you don't like it.

>Can't refute
>resort to ad hominem

ayy lmao

>stock 54' roar
No, the roar was mixed into something new

>literally half his screen time is him standing fucking still
I thought it was spooky. If you're talking about the part where he's "cocooned", I understand though. Felt like there was to much screentime on "making the plan" before the next time we get to see some action.

>Black and white moralities aren't inherently worse than a story without them, there's more to storytelling than that. You can tell more than one type of story with an equal level of maturity.

This is objectively false though. Good vs evil stories are inherently shallow and cannot have any depth. There's a reason why Ultraman is pathetically one-dimensional feel good appeal to emotion garbage for children and Godzilla and Gamera have shined most when presented as bleak existential nightmares for the collective human race.

Ultraman is not even kaiju, it's just capeshit on a large scale. Do you watch Power Rangers too and call it kaiju?

UP

>The Divine Comedy has no depth

I knew the city destruction scene was going to be the apex for action and he wouldn't do much after that, and I was okay with that cause that scene was chilling 10/10

>This is objectively false though.
Okay buddy, that's it for me. This is a kaiju thread, not a "retard thinks you can objectively state what is or isn't good in fiction" thread.

Part of me wish the plan had failed somehow and he became active in the end, and that they had to solve that. Of course that wouldn't have made sense storywise with what other choices were going on, but I felt I needed a bit more resolution at the end.

>((((Christianity))))

>it's not a story of good vs. evil because Jesus offends me
Grow up

Korean kaiju incoming

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okja
Okja is an upcoming South Korean-American action-adventure movie directed by Bong Joon-ho and co-written by Bong and Jon Ronson. The film stars Ahn Seo-hyun, Tilda Swinton, Jake Gyllenhaal, Paul Dano, Steven Yeun, Lily Collins, Devon Bostick, Byun Hee-bong, and Shirley Henderson.

>muh invisible sky magician
>good thought provoking literature

What are the chances we'll get a new mecha godzilla movie?

>complaining about religion
>taking giant monster movies this seriously
Chango presto your still a faggotto

Yep you sure sound like a woman to me. I assume you think Master and Commander is bad because it's just about guys on a boat.

Barely, it sounded weak as fuck on him either way.

>same director as The Host
One of my favorite monster flicks. Alright, this will be something to look forward too.

>On November 10, 2015 it was picked up by Plan B Entertainment and Netflix
That's convenient.

What was his goal?

To destroy the island with no survivors

Nice that you admit you have no argument.

Don't drag other media into this. We're talking about Ultraman, a series for children.

Children tend to enjoy moral centric protagonists. It appeals to the moral policeman freshly instilled in their young brain. Older audiences tend to enjoy characters who are reflective of real people, characters who are morally ambiguous or at the very least are logically fleshed out.

Adults who cling to black and white heroes are essentially overgrown children. It is likely they own every silly piece of plastic Nintendo has spawned and think the WiiU is an innovation.

>turbofaggot tumblrite OP wants to recreate the GOT generals cancer (another show he no doubt watches dutifully while Tyrone rails his wife in the next room) with giant monsters instead

What if I like both

>wallpaper
>is only a third of my screen

I like it when fiction has both styles have to team up to fight a BBEG. The resultant bantz can elevate otherwise mediocre material.

>Nice that you admit you have no argument.
I posted my argument, you just chose to ignore it and start saying the word "objective"

So how would you feel if the sequel was about a hundred or so humanoid Godzillas?

nice buzzwords kiddo

You presented no argument. All you gave was your ill-reasoned, banal opinion.

GMK's effects hurt it to much imo. Baragon and Mothra are okay but Godzilla's neck and beer gut as well as Ghidorah's tiny wings really ruin the experience for me.

Wow I forgot one clearly

I saw it on Tuesday and I was impressed. I always wanted to see some of the things in that movie get done. I feel like it's trying to reach a younger audience. An new generation of Gozilla lovin' nerds. Like me.

nice blog :^)

Frankly, wouldn't really be happy about that. I mean, maybe it could be a Destroyahesque thing. But big monster movies are about big monsters.

I'm sure there are other threads that you'd have a better time in user. No need to waste your shitstained life here.

>younger
>nerds
>like me
Kill yourself

You talk like a fag and your shits all retarded.

Okay user.

Sorry are my problematic posts invading your safe space?

I didn't need to see that shit at 2am, please stop.

I really don't see how it's for a younger audience. It is a shitton of talking, boardroom meetings, and doesn't have the staples that try to appeal to kids that other movies try.

No seriously, what?

>Sorry are my problematic posts invading your safe space?
No just confused

>Ultraman, a series for children.

All tokusatsu is for children.
Tons of kids went to see Shin Godzilla before you say anything.
Also calling Ultraman capeshit is really doing it a big disservice since there's more talent and creativity in golden age Ultraman than the entire DC and Marvel universes combined.
Despite being weird aliens from a distant star the Ultras seem more human than any MCU character who are just walking quips.

What the fuck are (you) saying

>She's 38

Why are we still arguing whether or not Ultraman is for kids in a Godzilla thread, again?

Well I remember a lot of, let's call em low points, the the early Godzilla movies I used to watch in tv when I was younger. I waited through them. I lived for the scenes when the action took place. I'm not a kid anymore and this is a theater not my living room as a kid so I could be off.

So judging by the positive response how long until we can assume the camrip/DVD comes out?

user in an Cred Forums thread which was pretty good, but the second thread got canned by mods said he was going to do it this saturday and upload it. I don't know where he's going to share it now though.

Hush don't bring any more attention to it.

>38 and can pass off for a college girl
sign me up

When are the Japanese Blu Rays coming out? I want a subbed torrent ASAP.

>mfw /KKKG/ is most likely here to stay all because of based Anno and Godzilla

He says as the thread dies.

Because there's already another Godzilla thread up.

Watching Astro monster in a bit. Bout to get comfy

honestly it's not fun. it's terrifying and sad as it reminds us of the tsunami and nuclear waste spill in 2013. if she liked g14 then you know what kind of pleb she is. I wish I had seen it alone without my capeshit gf.

RELEASE TORRENT OR JET JAGUAR DIES

>capeshit gf
you know what
you're a funny guy

Only if the rest of the world will be able to see the damn movie

>watch it with friend
>he was groaning about 2014 before the movie, saying he hated it because very little on godzilla and it was mostly people
>was worried going through all the board room scenes
>after the movie he couldn't stop saying "that was awesome!"
feels good

Shin Godzilla is one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. It might even be one of my all-time favourites but I'll find that out after seeing it another few times.

I wasn't expecting it to be so damn good.

I stand by that list for the most part, but it gives Final Wars more credit that it deserves.

I want a tiny Kamata-kun as a pet.

Shin Godzilla is easily in my top 5 Godzilla films. I'd probably put it at #3 below Gojira and GMK.

I want three.

I don't think he had one before we pissed him off.

Is Godzilla in Hell any good?

I watch a lot of Japanese movies. Not simply anime but live action too.

That being said, Shin Gojira is genuinely one of the most Japanese movies I've ever seen. It is a movie only someone with a Japanese mindset could make.

I did feel that a lot while watching it, even the mundane scenes were shot in ways that American filmmakers just couldn't do on their own.

It's not simply that. The parts about how the politicians don't want to take action not because it's a good idea or not, but because of saving face, is a very japanese thing.

Final Wars gets too much credit, Godzilla 1984 needs more credit for how dark it was and it's Cold War plot fitting in so well, Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla is better than Tokyo S.O.S because of the amazing QT. I could see making them both Highly Recommended or Consider It but making the lesser of the two higher than the other is shit.

'54, '84/vs. Destroyah, Shin

>Even mentioning Zilla

Fuck you.

Wasn't there supposed to be a new Ultraman movie releasing soon?

>MONSTER ISLAND HAD ITS CHANCE

Why are you posting that garbage?

Plot for the next Kaiju Kino

The UN seizes what remains of Gojira and starts using it to build a special secret weapon also know as MechaGojira
The UN starts searching and /or training pilots in order to use this weapon, Codename : JETJAGUAR

The reality is way different.
Gojira came to life because other Gods are descending on Earth
It is told that signs of the resurraction of an ancient dragon are revealing in west africa. Ghidorah is how they call it

>Anno in the light
>waifu in the dark
>this was the last time they spoke as tomodachi

The first and last issues are 10/10 but the rest is kind of middling.

That guy and his waterbottles

sasuga lucas-san

Don't mind me, I'm just best Shin Gojira grill.

All I need is more time with Rosetta Stone and you are set for life

I'd heard Japan didn't take too kindly to her, but you know how Japan has shit taste

SOON

>everybody is pepe

So when is Shin Godzilla coming out on bluray? I don't want to watch it in the theater with a bunch of fat weeb retards

What is this gay shit?

tokusatsunetwork.com/2016/08/gen-urobuchi-write-upcoming-godzilla-anime-film/

Neat!

Someone has a Resurgence stream?

can't wait for the hentai

Godzilla is kino. Times sure are awsome

second this request

FROM THE DEPTHS

Kamata-kun is cute!
CUTE!!

>I wear a void, not even hope

What did she mean by this

>she/he

Anno's military scenes so satisfying to watch

I think it awakens the war/gun-nut in me

Just put Asuka and Rei above each picture and be done with it

>you will never make your own kamata-kun

She took English lessons for this movie and her English was still shit.

You could clearly tell that this role was originally made for the actress who played Mikasa in those shitty live action AOT movies since she was raised in Texas and fluent in English

>You could clearly tell that this role was originally made for the actress who played Mikasa in those shitty live action AOT movies since she was raised in Texas and fluent in English

Wait really? The fuck is she doing wasting her time in Japan for?

Anyone else going to see it again today?

Yep.

>mfw I had to watch it on a broken theater seat because the guy in front of the only other available seat blocked the subtitles with his hat
Now I remember why I hate theaters.

Lucky cunts, Barbados ain't ever getting this movie.

When's the blurray, January? Fuck sake

>Barbados
RARE

She's a huge model in Japan.

Also, she was born in Texas but was raised in Japan. But point still stands since she has stayed in America a good chunk of her childhood before moving to Japan which explains her being fluent in English.

Then I guess I'll just wish her well in future endeavours and hope she can get a break out role on either side of the pond.

>tfw Godzilla will never be this hardcore

is there a torrent for the new movie yet?

Yes but it's at none of the torrent sites you go to, only the ones -I- go to.

sorry kid..

It's currently up on HDbits.

>Whenever the original Godzilla theme kicks in

GET THE FUCK UP

>HDbits
fuck, can you invite me?

I was biting my finger when G March starts playing

The film had this really nice high tension about everything. You knew each briefing session they had was on a strict timelimit because you never knew when Goji was going to rear his mug again

Anyone here seen Pulgasari?
youtube.com/watch?v=eCKSR0JArUQ

It's North Korean Kaiju Kino.

It wasn't as bad as I was expecting though.

>Closest theater is a 30 min drive
>only playing it at 1PM today for god knows what fucking stupid reason
>car is in the shop
>this is the last chance I get until tuesday then it'll be gone forever

>what is bus

No but now I will be today, thanks

Get a taxi

It's one of the most interesting kaiju films for sure, saw it as a kid but never really understood it until I was older

>the guy in front blocked the subtitles with his hat
Was it a musketeer hat? That was probably me.

Uber/Lyft

>gen-urobuchi-write-upcoming-godzilla-anime-film/

Dropped before I even open the link, and spoilers: I won't be opening the link.

Yeah, I said same thing when I heard Anno would direct new Godzilla film.
But I was perfectly wrong.

>gen-urobuchi-write-upcoming-godzilla-anime-film

D R O P P E D

>Hating the butcher
Fuck all of you.

I have less of a problem with Anno than I do with the Butcher I must admit.

>The film is set for a Japanese theatrical release in 2017 and produced by Polygon Pictures, the studio behind Knights of Sidonia and directed by Kobun Shizuno and Hiroyuki Seshita.
Wait is this film going to be 3D animation?

Yes, Japan can do this well but I hope it doesn't end like Berserker.

I'll need examples on them doing it well. The only one I've seen with what I thought was alright 3D was the one involving chinese zodiac girls fighting each other. I've seen Ajin and Knights of Sidonia and didn't really care for the 3D in those.

Sky Crawlers is a fine movie and the plane fights are done entirely with CGI

I suspect the new movie will be similar, the humans and the world will be 2D and the monsters and vehicles will be 3D

They do it a lot in modern anime like Girls und Panzer or Love Live.

Just remembered that Blame is getting a shit 3D adaptation.

>KKK

These new Godzilla films have given us some great new music

youtube.com/watch?v=CCUl36McfhI

youtube.com/watch?v=N4EscsCBMkE

youtube.com/watch?v=uirF6FDKxSU

youtube.com/watch?v=exaR50iv5Ws

youtube.com/watch?v=cjY_1XfyuUM

youtube.com/watch?v=Tv7Xkdda8Q8

It stands for Kaiju Kino & Kultura

youtube.com/watch?v=kRSLCABT4g0

>Get taxi
>gets there at 1:20
>i may miss a few minutes whatever
>movie is fucking sold out
>can't get another ticket because dumbfuck theater only has one goddamn showing
>only theater closest to THAT theater is another 40 minutes

I'm mad. Not as mad as I could be, since I already saw it and I have another shot on Tuesday, plus it means a bunch of people are enjoying the movie enough for it to be sold out, but fuck.

man was just getting ready to see it myself, your post made me check the theater and they're sold out for the last two showings, fuck

I love it

Persecution of the masses should have been moved to the final forms first appearance and the jazz sequence moved to form 2's rampage

They had to insert the original theme somewhere, and first form was not appropiate.