Boyhood general

I'm about to watch boyhood for the first time. What am I in for?

It took twelve years to make.

I fucking love Boyhood.

It took twelve years to make!

MOMMY

does patricia arquette have an incest theme with him?

if not I wont watch it

thiccc

A very boring movie.

Bump

I loved it.

Warning: naturally biased as a white male who grew up in the 2000s

12 years of reddit

You are the worst

Boredom.

I liked it up to age 15.

>films that trigger feminists

straight shota is best fetish

Should have been called "Single Motherhood" because it was a tender ode to an innocent hardworking woman who through no fault of her own gos from one bad relationship to the next. An alternative title could have been "Men Bad Women Good". Also The kid in it wasn't likeable past age 5 and was a horrible actor . It was about 2 hrs too long too.

the mom was legit and the movie should have been about her
the kid grew up to be a fucking turd
even the sister would have been a more interesting subject for the movie

>The kid in it wasn't likeable past age 5 and was a horrible actor
couldn't agree more with this

I would fuck the grown up teenager sister

Fuck I knew it would be some dumb shit like this.

Where are """""her"""""" boobs?

TWELVE YEARS
W
E
L
V
E

Y
E
A
R
S

Fuck Richard Linklater, he botched the best chance at a decent Scanner Darkly adaptation.

>great father
>handsome
>was in gattaca
>decides to fuck abusive drunks instead

Fuck that woman.

>grown up
>teenager

Pick only one, pedofriend

She was hotter earlier in the movie

fucking*

I heard it took 12 years to make, is that true?

In my mouth

Bump

No, it was only a few weeks, but they were spread out over twelve years. That 'twelve years' meme is just marketing.

Patricia Arquette goes from hot Mummy to stupid cow to pretentious dyke

Everytime

Hot

The lack of self-awareness with these people is pretty sad.
>Patricia Arquete gives a feminist speech after receiving an Oscar for a role that essentially exposes single motherhood as selfish and damaging.

overrated piece of shit

A pretty decent coming of age story who's realism is derived from a mostly novel production technique that's kind of bitter sweet in a good way but has too many pop culture references to tug at the target audiences nostalgia.

It's literally The Tree Of Life with a coherent plot.
Not overtly but sort of

unless you're sexually aroused by pubescent boys not much

Patricia Arquette was really a hot piece of milf in the beginning of the movie but as the years passed she became a bitter fat hag.

Same. I feel like it's only good for us and the fact that others can't enjoy it in the same way makes it even better.

>teen
>pedo

Pick one

Selfish? Nigger are you fucking retarded?

>lost interest but was forced to play the role for all those years

this is the true 12 years a slave

>Drinking at 13
>Drugs at 15
>Sex by 16

They could have at least made him normal and relatable instead of some ultimate alpha male chad

well he grows up to be a cunt so i guess that's why

Did anyone else find the protagonist's sister attractive? She had a nice defiant personality that i find very attractive

>well he grows up to be a cunt
explain

Liberalism: The Show

Also, some fine ass tatas on Patricia Arquette that will never be that way ever again.

NAME OF THAT DEMON!

Oh, I'm sorry. Single moms are saints. SAINTS.

If the kid had been black and raised by a single mom, it would have ended with his drive by shooting.

It took 12 years to make, and Linklater is a fag.

that's all I know, or care about. The movie couls be about a naked man pissing in a pile of shit for 12 years for all I care.

How is the mom the selfish one? Is this nigger trolling?

Borefest, the """""complex"""""" life of a white boy in a 1st world country

Literally nothing happens: the film

>How is the mom the selfish one? Is this nigger trolling?

see
>>decides to fuck abusive drunks instead

>lorelei linklater
is she bob loblaw's daughter? what a fucking retarded name

>first time
you mean only time.

There is more beauty and insight in one minute of the Tree of Life than there is in the whole of Boyhood overlong runtime.

>dude remember Harry Potter lmao
>dude remember gameboys lmao
etc and so forth

there is a hood, and there is a boy.

that's actually normal

>It's a struggling single mom
>It's a dad trying to be hip by taking the kids to a baseball game and bowling alleys
>It's a drunk stepfather
>It's a scene putting out Obama campaign signs
>It's another drunk stepfather
>It's an edgy teen who's into photography

I'd give it a solid 3/10. Only thing impressive is that they got the actors to keep coming back

One-of-a-kind kino. The gimmick allows it to transcend fiction itself.

I like Arqutte and it fufilled my needs Hawke was pretty good but the whole political shit was stupid. A weedlmao criticizing Iraq goes from delightfully flippant to gotta pull up signs and almost get my kids shot then not attempt to help my kids and ex wife to an extent when stepdad is an asshole.

If you're a white guy in the 18-30 demo you'll probably feel feels during it, but it completely fails when you actually think about it after it's over

>bitter fat hag

best milfs

I watched it like 5 times and I literally only liked Hawke and Arquette but yeah it hit a cord with me because my step dad is a prick.

"I'm a stupid nigger" the post.

>Drinking at 13
>Drugs at 15
I was the same except sex at 22.

lmao

Chad you say?

That Solja boy shit was cringey as fuck. Why did niggers and normies like that shit?

Since negros don't have fathers, rap music is their father.

>A young talentless nigger in 05 that just says solja boy watch me hoe is a father figure.

Yeah I doubt anyone would want that as a father.

Want ain't got nothing to do with it.

One of the best movies of the 21st century

recently confirmed with its beautiful Criterion release

great film, one of the best in recent years

Onee-San!!

a recap of the 2000s? idk
the movie was boring as fuck, and only later did I find out it took 12 years to make
was that its only merit? because it sure as fuck doesn't shine based on that alone

No real plot.

Just a bunch of "growing up" experiences.

that is literally the point of the movie

no, that is not its only merit. the process of its making however is inextricably linked to its thematic resonance.

i dont think he had sex at 16. i do recall a scene but he would have been atleast 18 IIRC.

but yeah, you are right. growing up where i lived NOBODY was drinking at 13 and smoking weed at 15. Maybe some dropout kids did but that was expected of them. 17 is the normal age here for dudes to start drinking and doing softcore drugs. Even sex is unexpected of at that age, only people with girlfriends usually were the ones who had lost their virginity and that wasnt many.

>inextricably linked to its thematic resonance.

i dont care about the backlash this movie is getting, i found it comfy as fuck. something about the childhood experiences as mason felt so real. i felt it relatable as a dude growing up in the 2000's

also ethan hawkes character was based.

>someone challenged me by stating their opinion on a movie with the hopeful intent of engaging me in conversation
>lol!

seriously, do you think those words are big or something?

I started smoking pot by 15 and drinking by 16. Either way though, this movie is about a specific boy named Mason, it doesn't matter if you had the same experiences as him.

Jesus

She looks fucking shitty. Where are her tits? I've seen flat girls and even they look like Anri Okita in comparison.

Then you have the fucking face. If she tried to smile it would hide a lot of her ugliest features, but no, she has to have her cunt face.

0/1000

you sound so cool

I personally thought it was a great film. Nothing groundbreaking really, but there's something about Linklaters style I enjoy... It can be slow and subtle yet still somehow cathartic. I'd give it a go if you have enjoyed his other films.

why does this board hate this movie so much?

is it because the board is so pleb? I mean I know that must be the case but it's strange that you're all always so angry about this movie in particular

Because it's babby's first Linklater. Not even close to his best, yet massively overrated by critics/the public.

You are in for Liberalhood

Linklater is one of my favourite directors and I would say it is tied for his best movie with the Before trilogy

It has nearly perfect critical reception, the best I'm aware of, so the asshurt overweight insecure contrarians ramped up their behavior in response. That's literally the only reason, ignore their lard-jiggling justifications like this:

>It has nearly perfect critical reception

>I only like movies when critics like them

>STOP DISLIKING THINGS I LIKE PLEBS

Someone explain this Roman shit talking to me?

You're a moron.

That's not at all what that guy said though. He said that your overweight insecure opinion is likely the product of a backlash to the movie's universal critical praise

You sound like a very pleasant person and I'm glad we've had this conversation. Thank you for the striking insights you've offered in your critique of Boyhood. I am truly glad there are Linklater fans with your disposition.

Either they are a robot and didn't go through those experiences at those ages.

Or they don't see what's so special about it.

IIRC it had 100% on RT at one point. So people may feel it's overrated. In that case, they would agree with Armond White.

>that Cred Forums level "misinterpretation" of a post

You have brain damage

>didnt drink until 16
>smoked weed at 17
>lost virginity at 19
>still related to the kid on a lot of levels

linklater perfectly crafted the feeling of growing a dude and you don't have to be a ultimate alpha chad to recognize that imo.

Clearly some viewers reject that those are "normal" milestones.

Maybe for children of divorce in fucking Austin, TX.

Then you get people coming out of the woodwork saying it's normal EVERYWHERE, and that only fuels more hate of the movie.

I'm completely baffled by the fact that people actually think this movie is good in any way.
The nostalgia baiting was super cheap.
The drama with the step dads had less subtlety than a daytime television drama and the part with the mexican kid was also super on the nose.
Like he wouldn't have thought about going to school himself if it wasn't for the mom making some random comment about it.

>entire thread without posting patricia arquette in her prime
what the fuck is wrong with this board

what? it was literally the book in movie form. what didn't you like you fucking mongo

>take 12 years to make a movie
>it really isnt all that
Was it worth it?

Probably because every child needs a father

Not really, with decent makeup and casting you could make exactly the same movie in a year

still not too late

>Budget $4,000,000
>Gross $50,692,666 (worldwide)

yes it was

here you go

>Wow School of Rock was so funny!
>Surely boyhood won't dissapoint. I am up for some laughs!

The film is about the passage of time.

>hurr durr why didn't they just use makeup

i will see if this movie if in the following 12 years her tits get larger.

do they?

>through no fault of her own
no such thing

he didnt crafted the feeling, thats my man criticism, this film lacks exactly that, "feeling", it feels lke a product and a fanservice for 00s kids

12 years to make "bourgeois white american boy and his cartoonishly (((ideal))) life: the movie".
What about that huh.

But his parents let him drink! What good parents!

And he has premarital sex! Isn't that good?

And his mom fucks alcoholics? Isn't that great?

And he goes to college and does drugs! He's so not a prude!

>is uprooted and forced to move several times as a child
>deals with not one, but two alcoholic stepdads
>deals with a dad who is completely absent from his life and is barely able to get his shit together

yeah, sounds perfect

As someone slightly older than the character in the movie (5 or 6 years, IIRC), I felt like the movie was trying to say something to me, but couldn't.

I admire what Linklater was trying to do, but in order to make a coherent narrative, be ended up making the movie about what he thought the typical experience for a boy during the are was. And because of that it's almost nothing but cliches that are specific to a very small timeframe and social class. Since my childhood was almost nothing like the movie, I couldn't relate to it or feel like it has anything particularly interesting to say to me. But it did do a pretty good job of representing what a stereotypical middle-class upbringing was like in the early 2000s.

When I lived in Australia my sister's friend were partying and having sex at 13 and 14.

/thread