What is your favorite TV show of 2016?

What is your favorite TV show of 2016?

I'm really enjoying Spartacus Blood and Sand right now.

Channel Zero is interesting. Westworld is fun so far but I'm worried it'll take a third season nosedive like all J.J. Abrams shows.

the night of

Designated Survivor

2016 has been the worst year for TV.
It is sad that Game of Thrones was the only shit worth watching.

why no episode 3 of Westworld yet

Season 2

what is
>Stranger Things
>Westworld
>Mr. Robot

Catching Kelce like a true patrician.

this

as far as tv shows go, this year has been top tier
If only the same could be said for vidya games

What are you hyped for?
>Injustice 2
>Battlefield 1
>Xenoverse 2
>Dishonored 2
>Sun and Moon (havn't been to /vp/ in months)
>For honor
>Skyrim special edition
Of course my poor ass can't afford any of these

Best Shows this year
>Atlanta
>The Night Of
>Documentary Now!
>High Maintenance
>Horace and Pete
>Mob Psycho 100
>One Mississippi

Overrated
>Westworld
>Stranger Things
>Mr Robot
>Narcos

Last Chance U is GOAT

Legends of Tomorrow

So far am loving Atlanta and You're the Worst S3. Fucking brilliant stuff

literally none of those.
Triple A games are not worth the money. I wait for steam sales.

I'll play Dishonored 1 eventually, then I'll get hyped for 2

Is it out already?

Because it airs on Sunday?

SYTYCD:TNG

>High Maintenance

nice

Stranger Things, it's the only show I watched this year, so it's my favourite by default. It was okay though, not a 9.0 it currently is on iMDB, maybe a 7/10

>Skyrim special edition

Fuck off Todd, I've been playing the shit out of the PC version modded for years. I don't need your hyped up cash grab

Horace and Pete
Ripper Street
Quarry
Better Things
Baskets
Atlanta
Westworld
Goliath
12 Monkeys
American Crime Story

>Westworld
>Narcos
>overrated

My man no.

i unironically fell in love with this show

So what is this? E.T.: The Show + jump scares?

Some kid with superpowers like Looper?

It's read a fucking wiki or watch the show do you expect everyone to spoonfeed you, lazy nigger

I started watching the first episode. I couldn't make it through one, it was so laughable.

I summed it up in one sentence. Fag.

I don't watch any TV shows.
I don't enjoy them because I find them too scripted and too "studio intervention" like. Almost zero artistic integrity.

Am I missing out? The only tv show I watched was Band of Brothers when I was younger and out of them all only True Detective seems to spark any interest because of it's format.

Am I missing out on TV showkino?

i dont know, i havent watched ET but there arent any jump scares. its not really a horror.

kid does have superpowers but they arent really the focus, its a 3 way split between separate story threads. childhood friendship meets adventures, small town cop meets government conspiracy, young teens romance meets spooks.

why the hostility bro? you mad?

Yeah, they are a different medium than film.

>Almost zero artistic integrity.

Try these:
Generation Kill (13 episodes)
The Honourable Woman (8 episodes)
Bloodline (on-going, but you don't have to keep watching after the first season (13 episodes))
Fargo (on-going, but stand-alone seasons with different plots/actors. You'll want to have seen the film before the show. If you didn't like the film, you can skip the show)

If you like (or at least appreciate) them, you can check out some HBO classics like The Wire and The Sopranos

If you like them, you can go ahead with some more "guilty pleasure"-shows (which are still really good) like:
Black Sails
Hannibal
Deadwood

Thank you for the effort.

I have the problem with most "on going" shows because they don't end when the director thinks he has finished his idea, they end most likely when the viewer demand stops growing.

So I appreciate the reccs, bookmarked.

I suspected your issue with TV-shows might lie there. So that's why the first 4 shows I recommended either only has 1 season, or allows you to stop watching the show after the first season (if you feel done with it)

You should be happy, since most of those are garbage.
>bf1 - ww1 except everyone has smgs and modern tanks
>for honor - dark souls for people who were physically disabled
>sun and moon - wew another year of pokemon what will they think of next
>injustice 2 - a fighting game that is nothing but capeshit

Generation Kill's a fucking *soap*.

It's free on pc for previous owners. That's like the opposite of a cash grab. Legendary copies are like $10 nowadays.

Women will seriously watch anything so long as it caters to them.
Was surprised this wasn't a series on lifetime.

>Women will seriously watch anything so long as it caters to them.

Cred Forums men confirmed for women

also:
The Kettering Incident
Bloodline

You can't have a soap with a clear beginning and ending that's stretch over 13 episodes.
It goes against the entire purpose of soap operas.

>Mr. Robot
eh...

Good except Westworld isn't overrated, it's getting pretty mediocre reviews for an HBO show. Also it's pretty weird that you would consider Westworld overrated but not The Night Of. Like, The Night Of is good and well-made, with stellar reviews, but nobody is going to remember it or talk about it ever again

quarry

neat

So....
Why Abernathy is such a little bitch? I mean the hosts before entering the park are confronted with their true robotic nature all the time by retarded guests. Why is it that Abernathy couldn't handle just a little bit of reality?

The fuck are you talking about? Generation Kill is 7 episodes and not a fucking soap opera.

Quarry is best of the year.