Other than aliens, what was wrong with it?

Other than aliens, what was wrong with it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-zphhfHon_I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the feel

This was a good movie

Felt like someone who knew Indiana Jones but didn't actually care about it. Oh look, there's Indy doing some things, etc, etc. HERE'S ALIENS BECAUSE! It's exactly the wrong thing with the recent Star Treks and Star Wars.

Literally nothing.

Fans are just scared of their comfort zone being ruined.

Terrible CGI, the entire character of Mac, the fridge, Marian Ravenwood, Harrison Ford being way too old for this shit, Mutt, fucking aliens.

It had a boring, meandering, aimless narrative that didn't make you care.

The characters were throw-away disposable pieces of scenery.

The CGI was terrible to the point that it looked low-effort.

The action was declawed and pussified to appeal to families more.

They were afraid to fully embrace the concept of the next generation. Shia was a shit lead, so they had to rely on Ford to be charismatic again, and the story didn't belong to him. His was a time of mystical pulp novels, and his progeny's was crazy sci-fi pulp.

Also they should have stuck with the idea of it being his daughter, as the woman in his life for that film, instead of bringing back the first.

He didn't kill anyone.

But mostly it's because Spielberg didn't give a shit.

I remember watching the trailer late 2007, get hype.
Then I remember the first reviews dropping on forums from anons who managed to see first screenings, and they were terrible, aghast and saddened. No one believed them, or wanted to believe them.
>tfw biggest let down ever

If you look at the first scene of the movie, that takes place at Warehouse 51, it is an obvious throwback to the first film while randomly nodding to the audience by showing artifacts we have seen in the movies.
Here, the screwball comedy starts as literal CGI meerkats appeared for the "Happy Gilmore" comedy, just that they feature no purpose. This continues for a while as Indy goes towards different places, hides in a fridge and whatnot as these animals look on.

Afterwards, it becomes moreso the norm once again. Before throwing in another past love interest of Indy that features not much purpose. Again, this is all just fanservice. Coupled with the first sequence inside Warehouse 51, it feels more like a fanfilm at times as they try too hard to pay tribute to the trilogy itself, with the remaining characters being less than interesting or important, showing how little they knew about the series anymore, how much they had forgotten, and that they all made less of an effort to create something new in this universe as they had lost their ways.

The reminder of the films is very flat and features no grand traps, something that had been known in other movies. However, there was generally more action in the movies.
However, because of this, the predictability of the plot (moreso than in other Indy films), and the dragging of (mostly action) scenes, coupled with the very bad CGI, made the film look like a SyFy-B-Movie.
It was cheap, the writing was atrocious, the film is all over the place with its awful pacing, the characters are one-dimensional, predictable and boring, and it was more a knock-off from the first three movies.

There is nothing wrong with aliens in itself, we already had many religious artifacts and it just expands the universe nicely.
The way they dealt with it, however, had gotten boring and worse than X-Files episodes in this regard.

I don't even like any of the Indiana Jones films.

I think it was supposed to be like a sci-fi B movie. It was shifting genres.

It was made.

he threw a guy in a pit of ants

Then they should have experimented more with characters and whatnot. Half the time they are just chasing an item without anything happening inbetween.
B-Movie should not have been taken literally and used as an excuse to do a poor movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=-zphhfHon_I

the fridge

it literally reinvented 'jumping the shark'

This movie had Shia LeBouf swinging through the trees like Tarzan.

Aliens are the least of its problems.

PART TIME!

that town was so badly made you could tell the people in it were fake.

Not the fridge itself, but the absurdity in general.
There are many instances in the movies that are downright ludicrous and dumb, but this one takes the cake as the first 15 minutes played like a screwball comedy.