>people hate on it
>say its because of casting and ooc but really they cant stand it is a drama
>justice league trailer comes out
>batman reveals himself as bruce wayne to aquaman and flash
>aquaman is the most ooc thing since bane from batman and robin
>fucking passe stripes shit music and forced humor
>durr already better than BvS

Why do normies ruin everything

I agree senpai, but Snyder's influence will stay intact. He's not going to ease off

I really hope so but after SS I have lost hope. You can really tell creative integrity was compromised. The post editing seemed rushed as fuck and the fucking music was like they got a bulk deal at cosco. Leto claims there was hours of footage they didnt use yet they went ahead and did reshoots after all the BvS shit

yeah i just watched man of steel the other night, i really don't understand the hate, though besides the raimi spidermans i don't know much capeshit.

I have a feeling that the writing for the DCEU is planning on making use of some of DC's deepest lore, in that DC Earth is a magical nexus that waxes and wanes in power.

As the pendulum swings back toward the magical over the rational, magic begins to permeate certain iconic figures, people that capture the public consciousness, making them potent semi-mystical beings like the Joker, for example, now in reality the very thing that Ledger's Joker only claimed to be - an agent of chaos.

This time around, the turning point in that magical pendulum swing was fostered by humanity's focused beliefs concerning a certain man who can fly.

Haters don't understand that for a hero working at Superman's level, the man is way, way more important than the super. They wanted a Superman that "hatched" already perfect, not getting that had they given us that, he really would have been like Jesus, teaching rabbis his more perfect understanding of the Torah at the temple at 12 years old, etc.

The Donner films sidestepped this by having him train off-screen at his Fortress of Solitude for a decade before making his public debut, mainly because they were telling a very different sort of story. Man of Steel is commenting on the amount of maturity and wisdom it would take to wield the power of a Superman responsibly. BvS continues to show him developing as the iconic hero, still not perfect, still making mistakes and learning from them, still finding his voice and the proper path to becoming humanity's shepherd and protector.

There's a fine line between saving the world and destroying it, and it's always so, so much easier to destroy.

>Why do normies ruin everything

Caring about capeshit movies. YOU ARE THE FUCKING NORMIE.

We can't yet judge if it looks better. The trailers are damage control, pure and simple.

I can guarantee everything that was (shit as hell / utter kino) about BvS will still be here. Just with a few shitty quips.

>DC people are legitimately serious when they say this shit

Not enough quips, a movie without comedic relief =

> Man of Steel is commenting on the amount of maturity and wisdom it would take to wield the power of a Superman responsibly

Which it doesn't need to unless its telling the story of Super Boy growing up with Ma and Pa Kent.

Snyder just doesn't was want to use Superman in a Superman movie so he turned the Kent's into morons to make sure his Fanfic version of Superman could also be a moron.

People wanted a more familiar Superman. Not Snyder's bad retelling.

Of course you already know this.

Meme away.

The only "meme" here is your misuse of the term.

Superboy as a concept is pure escapism. While it's true that the same could be said of comics as a whole, they do occasionally rise above escapism and tell us some important things about ourselves and our society. I am appreciative of how these first couple of new DC films have tackled the subject matter in that same spirit.

Pictured left to right: Hermes, Zeus, Hephaestus, Athens, Hades, and Neptune.

Well at least you avoided saying one day we'll join you in the sun. Still a convoluted way to say 2deep4u, BvS Memester.

>2deep4u

Of the two of us, only you have proven a repeated, seemingly inescapable, reliance on memes, parrot. The irony is truly palpable.

Yeah, I forgot BvS wasn't a mindless piece of shit. Fucking normies, forcing in crowd pleasing explosions and shit.

>If I speak like a thesaurus I will troll you.
Your act was amusing months ago. Not so much now. Now its just memes.

Yeah, 2deep4u was the tldr.

Wow. You actually just used criticism of a large vocabulary as an avenue of attack. When was it you first began to embrace memes, attack intellect, and abandon independent thought?

Forgive me, but I haven't seen anything that remotely resembles an actual argument from you, so enjoy your ignorance, I suppose.

>Not liking BvS makes ypou dumb
>Liking it makes you smart.
Please vomit a few images of analysis next, or compare it to other capeshit or drop a pasta or two. Its vital for us that we understand the artistry.

No, I couldn't care less if you ever understand or appreciate any of it. I'll just keep showing up to defend something I love from people who hate it for the absolute dumbest of all possible reasons.

>understand or appreciate
>Capeshit
Wow, if you weren't a rusemeister you'd be pathetic.

>nothing means anything
>it's all just coincidence

If all the allegory, social commentary, visual metaphor, and criticism of comics history happened by accident, Snyder and his writing staff really are gods, because that's a fucking miracle.

>They put in some references for the only true Scotsmen to notice
Yeah, they all do.
Its called fan service.

Except most make it less obvious.

Elaborate. How is Bruce quoting Cheney fan service?

>How is a well known quote not the smartest most deep thing ever!?
Because I'm not an easily impressed child who confuses common knowledge for deepest lore?

True. That's the real crux of the Snyder trolls. They see surface level references that have been made as obvious as possible as some intricately constructed narrative. As many have described it before and many will describe it after, its sophomoric.

OK. Let's see who can make a point here - you or me, the "memester." Point out what you think is obvious fan service, and then explain how you'd make it less obvious than this image.

Stop evading. Tell me how it's fan service or have the balls to admit you have no point at all.

Yup.
It's a transparent attempt to turn another generic capeshit into something more meaningful. The scary thing is how many actually genuinely believe this stuff. You give them too much credit to assume they are all trolls.

Bvs trailer have most like on YouTube compare to civilwar , dcucks even brag about it, lot of shitpost on Cred Forums, and suddenly bomb hard.

>Batman is now okay with an alcohol abusing monarch with superpowers, a skeleton with superstrength that abandoned humanity before, a dude that can run faster than the speed of light and a black guy that has been fused to a computer
What did Snyder mean by this?

>I WATCH MATURE MOVIES FOR MATURE PEOPLE SUCH AS MYSELF!
Hush, adults are talking.

Yeah, its actually becoming more and more obvious he's just another duped moron.

Implying there's even a 1% chance of the snyderfags caring about inconsistent characterisation.

Martha.

You're a chickenshit hiding behind faux intellectual superiority, too afraid to even engage in debate. Spare us all your pretensions of maturity.

Fused to an alien super computer with near godlike power.

>before the movie

"lol why is Cyborg there, he's useless!"

>after the movie

"wtf why did they make Cyborg so powerful, fucking SJWS!"

>pretence
Interesting that you understand the term.
Odd you can't see it in Snyder's bilge.
Assuming you aren't just pretending to be retarded.

I think maybe he meant that Bruce finally realized that all his rationalizations for wanting Superman dead were just as equally applicable to every nuclear superpower in the world and all he was really doing was chasing an obsession with vengeance instead of actual justice.

Maybe that's just me, though.

Yeah, that's actually shamefully inevitable.

Oh, so Martha did that too then.

Is there anything that MARTHA can't do?

And yet and just continue to sit there with no reply other than your own weak evasion.

Be heard by Superman as the plot demands.
Resonate with audiences.
Be well written.
Not have a defender ready with a wall of text.
"Not Suck"?

>why do people want a movie about fun and colorful characters like superman and the flash and wonder woman to be fun and colorful? they must just be normies who dont get the source material

Nope, but thinking that was the implication just goes further toward proving exactly how smart you aren't.

>Debate me Debate me Debate me!!!!! I WANNA SHOW YOU HOW GOOD MY SILLY CAPESHIT REALLY IS!!!
You're precious.
Just dump the pasta honey, we'll read it later.

>Implying Martha Scene wasn't the pivotal point of Batman's character arc
Now you're just lying to yourself.

No, sweety. Just admit you're too chickenshit to even back up your own points and we can call it a day. Fir that matter, why don't you refute some of that "pasta?" Any single piece would do just fine.

Fair enough.

Honey, dump the pasta and have a nap, you're getting cranky about your action figure movie.

And you're getting boring with your evasions.

You misunderstand. I want you to vomit all your analysis. Please. Enlighten us. Show us how your action figure movie with surface level "depth" is a masterpiece. Tell us at great length how this capeshit is the best film you ever saw.

I could do with a laugh.

It's kino, I ain't gotta explain shit

The best I got was a chuckle. What an anticlimax.

Truthfully though, I am crashing for the night. I just want you to know I'd love to actually engage in a conversation about the movie, but that would involve you conceding that at least some of these "meme" elements might in reality exist. Instead, all you want to do is insist how childish it is, how meaningless it is, and how fans of the films have nothing but memes.

I don't, and never have, thought it was a perfect masterpiece of film-making, but I do think that the creative team is doing something I've never seen done before in a mainstream movie, something that I don't even think would be possible with any other type of character outside historical or religious figures. Sadly, I can't talk about such things with you, because all it would be is just more "pasta."

In short, you're a waste of my time.

And I wanted you to answer the questions in and , but that was never going to happen either.

Of course you'd love to enegage in a conversation. Its easy bait. You love pretending you got people angry.

Well, sweet dreams. Watch more films maybe and then you won't be so easily impressed by Snyder.

How about I answer "yes", will that be prompt enough for you to spring the pasta you're sitting on?

That's what I call projection, friend. If I make you angry, it's not intentional, but it does speak volumes to those much vaunted levels of maturity you like to trumpet.

Sweetiepie, everyone knows you guys pretend to like Snyder for the (You)s.

>I speak for everyone

Good night. Bring better arguments next time.

You called it.

Its true, you will still troll a few idiots. But most of us are wise to it.

Watch better movies next time ;)

Called what? They explained it already. You assholes just ignored it.

Yeah, sure they did. ;)

What, they have to rehash it every thread just because you're a non-retaining millennial?

Fuck yourself.

Are you above 36 or below 16?
If no, guess what you are ;)

I guess I'm a retaining millennial that was raised with an intact attention span. How's that?

>Millennial is only ever an insult if its not applied to me
;)

What the fuck is ooc

Out Of Character?

How about the fact that I'm more of a gen-X outlier? My parents were boomers. I was born in 85, grew up in an isolated backwoods community, and think of most millennials as entitled, whiny, brainless fucks?

Your whole style of arguing does nothing but support my opinions.

> I was born in 85,
You're a millennial.

Yeah, and why are you so hot on singling that out as the insult when you should be pissed that I think you're just an ADD-riddled fuckhead? You'd rather fixate on being a millennial, though. At least you've got your priorities straight.

You're the one who brought the term into the discussion. Sorry you didn't realise you were a millennial too I guess.
>You should be pissed at what I think of you!!!
Some nobody online thinks stuff.
Yeah, so?

why are you stupid faggots so fucking obsessed with a generational term? it was literally made the fuck up by some faggot so he could sell his book.

this stupid fucking trend of naming generations (the greatest generation [is that a fucking joke holy shit], boomers, gen x, its all fucking bullshit) needs to end

you two should commit fucking suicide

Thanks for a reasonable and rational response.

>>before the movie
>"lol why is Cyborg there, he's useless!"

More like "why is Cyborg there he's not an iconic character on the level of the other ones, fucking forced diversity".

If you wanted to represent it with even a sliver of truth.

He's been a major JL player for about a decade.

>but really they cant stand it is a drama
>MARTHA!
I love how dramatic that was

>thinks he's gen x when he's born 5 years after millenials start
>thinks being gen x is something to be proud of

lmao @ u

millenials have all that cuck reddit shit but millenials also started the alt right and trump train

>Implying any of those things are something to be proud of

>More like "why is Cyborg there he's not an iconic character on the level of the other ones, fucking forced diversity".

Geoff Johns really is a master ruseman to still be causing such a hub bub 5 years later, all because he he couldn't let his precious Hal Jordan get sidelined

>a decade.

Yeah ok, kid.

How old are the other characters? Do you note a discrepancy?

Can you parse that this discrepancy is the very thing you're pretending like it doesn't exist.

>Yeah, but the other ones were older!!!
So?
DC are making a movie about action figures to rival marvels movies about action figures.
Marvel has black action figures.
DC needs them as well.

Why do these toy adverts upset you?

People hated BvS because it was shit. JL will be, too.

>So?

You just admitted that you can understand why people see a difference in gravity between them.

>Why do these toy adverts upset you?

Nice attempt to undercut losing the argument by downplaying the significance. We're all fooled.

What argument?

You think caring about black action figures in a toy commercial matters?

You think these movies, designed purely to make money off kids and man children matter?

You think people take you seriously when seeing black skin in pretend land triggers you?

but thor 2 score wasn't

>tfw born in 1998

Also a millennial.

Critics were mad it wasn't their boy-scout Superman. They wanted a dumb action movie where Superman rescues cats stuck up the tree and he helps old ladies cross the road.

Which is why so many people hated BvS, because they were expecting 'fun' and 'joy'. They don't look to comic book movies as something that should be taking seriously, which is why even the good movies Marvel (like the Winter Soldier and Civil War) get many back-handed comments from critics such has "This was a good story...for a comic book movie" or "The plot was non-cartoonish".

This is part of the reason why Marvel movies are looked more favourably amongst critics, because they just want to watch a fun movie for 2 hours and Marvel delivers with that expectation. Whereas, DC took themselves a bit more seriously and everyone chastised them for doing so and now they're becoming just like Marvel.

So what, fuckface?

>Audiences went in to a Superman movie expecting Superman
Really unreasonable eh?

(check'q)
Whether you like it or not, superheroes are our own mythology, like the greeks and romans before us, now call me crazy but i believe our cinematic interpretations of our own mythological gods ought to be treated with some level of reverence, as opposed to the quipkino marvel's dishing out.

I do however acknowledge the argument that Marvel's movies represent our collective culture more adequately than DC, with it's grimdark more serious tone, hence why more critics side with marvel movies, but i believe years down the line when people look back at this era, will see marvel movies more as pandering to the zeitgeist whereas DC is much more aware of the cultural weight these interpretations hold for history. Who knows.

Cap this and reupload in 1000 years