What drives directors to kill themselves?

>be a director of the Oscar winning Searching for Sugar Man
>be good looking and succesful
>decides to throw himself in front of a subway train

Maybe he wanted to kill himself?

He couldn't live without Selena Gomez

Probably had some dirt on Hillary.

swedekeks

Imagine you accomplished your life's goal, did something you only ever dreamed of and was still miserable. Many people would give up at that point.

plus he probably hated his movie because its hard to like your own art as a normal person. let alone terminally depressed

He accomplished what he wanted to, realized he was still empty inside and that there was nothing else to chase

If that guy was balding OP would have never questioned why

Even talented and successful people can be victims of heartbreak, depression, self-loathing, addiction, injustice, or soul-crushing disappointment.

Heh

I still have no idea why Tony Scott jumped off a bridge or whatever. He had a respectable filmography, money, fame etc. it just doesn't make sense.

couldnt deal with his pleb brother

it finally caught up to him

sic semper manlet

Maybe he was just diagnosed with something uncurable, like Robin Williams.

The universe doesn't give with two hands. Maybe what he really wanted out of life was taken from him in some way and he knew every day he would never get it. Slowly eating away at you for the rest of your life till it became something that you thought about constantly.

It colors everything from eating to fucking, robbing it of even simple joys. The very life you exist with feeling like it is trapping you and you're stuck without ever getting what you really want.

he was a sandnigger

>Malik Bendjelloul
>former child actor

He was definitely molested.

Most of the real artists are broken people.Some of them broke in highschool, some of them in college but the thing is they're fucked up.I'll probably commit suicide too after my first film.

I thought he had a brain tumor?

the stress of the film business is absolutely overwhelming. except for when you're shooting, at all other times you're handling uncertainty and bad news: trying to get support for a project, polishing scripts, putting together financing, editing etc etc. you never know when the rug's gonna be pulled from under you, and you end up working around the clock without knowing if anything's gonna pay off for years.

filmmaking is a never ending marathon.

Artists are faggots.

Incurable brain cancer

he forgot to pack the explosives into his bag, his goal was a terrorist attack

>throw himself

Right, yeah, he totally didn't borrow money from the wrong people to finance his movie and then thought he could escape their reach.

He fucked up. It's all out there.