What do you think of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre?

What do you think of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre?

Other urls found in this thread:

collativelearning.com/TCSM - film analysis.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it was funny

The part where they give the grandpa the hammer is some next level black comedy but aside from that I can't think of any part I'd call funny.

some parts of it are still really creepy
wheelchair retard is insufferable

The hammer kill was fucking brutal. Shit gave me nightmares as a kid

watched it with the directors commentary only yesterday

it's meh.
probably more shock value in the 70's
and the third act just goes on and on

Best horror film ever.
Sure, it's got parts that are goofy now.

But when the scares me, they really kick in.

What did he mean by this?

THEY TOOK THE KEYS

Still pretty fucking creepy to this day. The grandpa who looks barely alive, the hammer kill, LF swinging his saw around like a mad man at the end.

Obviously it was more shocking when it was released, but it's a pivotal horror movie.

Ignore all the fucking garbage that came afterwards.

bet the cameraman was shitting himself

he was excited about all the meat on the fat ass truck driver who ran down the road instead of driving off in the first place

I liked 2

The remakes with R Lee are watchable

I don't get why everyone always hates on him. Yeah he's always pissed but his friends treat him like shit. I always thought it's weird how he was the one who was still afraid of the hitchhiker after they kicked him out, but he's sort of a weirdo like the hitchhiker in that he picks at himself and the van with his knife.

they also both loved to blow raspberries

This movie has so much interest film trivia. The 70's were fucking crazy.

I love this movie
The dinner scene is the greatest scene from an American horror movie I've seen

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

when that dude was poking the chick in the sack I loled irl. weird flick thats creepy at times but very funny overall. some shots are still legit scary like when leatherdude grabs the chick

I want to rewatch the remake now even though I didn't really like it when I watched it in the theatre years ago, if nothing else for that Jessica Biel midriff/ass

I had sex for the first time watching that movie

The part where this lad goes looking for the first two victims at sunset is so creepy. The whole movie feels hot and sweaty but this is just hellish and the music is wild. The previous scenes were brutal but it makes me uncomfortable how swift death is here. And then we linger at the scene with the killer while he panics about the window or some shit, where previously he'd only been seen killing. It all feels surreal and disconnected from the rest of the film.

Did the townspeople at the beginning know about the killers?

Worked in a movie theater when this came out (circa 1970s).

Saw it about 30 times and loved these lines:

"Look what your brother did to the door!"
"You ain't nothing, you're just the cook!"

>"You ain't nothing, you're just the cook!"
I love how flustered that makes him.

qt

unf

I'm the Lord of the Harvest!

TCM is pretty shitty, but considering the genre it's a masterwork

I read that all the other actors were jealous of her costume because of the heat.

>You can make this stop!
>No shit!

Hitchhiker is pretty based.

You mean at the gas station? The guy they talk to there is the one who the last girl goes to for help near the end and who turns out to be the cook. I'm not sure why he tried to stop them from going, unless he usually kidnaps people from the gas station to cook.

it's texas, conceivably four young adults could all be packing heat. Had they been armed and wandered into the house the outcome would be radically different

There was an old drunk guy lying on the ground at the graveyard who said he'd seen things. And then there's the cook's zombie-like assistant at the gas station. I wonder if they, or anyone else, are aware of what the old man's doing.

collativelearning.com/TCSM - film analysis.html

Probably about average by today's standards, but really fucking important to slasher films as a genre.

I enjoyed it for what it was though.