It's so cheap I might as well pay for it!

>it's so cheap I might as well pay for it!
>there's very few movies but maybe some of the original movies will be good!
>I have to keep paying for it because people use my account
>I hate their original tv shows but maybe one will be good someday.
>I keep my account active in case somebody comes over and we can watch stuff
>I torrent stuff more than I use it but I keep my account because it's "handy"

These are not good excuses. Netflix is terrible.

Why haven't you cancelled it yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/cancel-netflix.png /
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>it's so cheap I might as well pay for it!
Torrentimg is being slowly killed. Better get used to the idea of paying for media.
>there's very few movies but maybe some of the original movies will be good!
Maybe they will, tastes differ.
>I have to keep paying for it because people use my account
Which usually means they pay towards it.
>I hate their original tv shows but maybe one will be good someday.
People don't pay for things they hate.
>I keep my account active in case somebody comes over and we can watch stuff
But that's not the only reason. What's wrong with people having friends?
>I torrent stuff more than I use it but I keep my account because it's "handy"
See above, torrents are dying. Even private trackers are a matter of time.
>These are not good excuses.
No, they are valid reasons.
>Netflix is terrible.
That's an opinion.
>Why haven't you cancelled it yet?
I never had it, biut I see the logic of having it and I'm not so autistic as tonne upset people use a service I don't.

My normie friends all have this.
It's alright if you get blazed as fuck and watch Cosmos or Blue Planet.

>if you get blazed as fuck

typical netflix pothead losers

>Torrentimg is being slowly killed. Better get used to the idea of paying for media.
I've been hearing this meme for years now and nothing has changed.

anyone know of good streamers beside realeyz?

Lurk moar.
In the past few days several trackers died.

theres the penguin? one but I cant remember the name

I share my netflix with at least 6 people and I don't pay for it.

There are so many shows I would have never given a chance if I had to download them first. It's pretty nice to have

Why would I cancel something I enjoy so much? Are you retarded OP?

> not using some random persons accout that didnt reset their old roku before donating to goodwill

Get on my level.

>tfw I stream for like 4 people max every day
It's pretty comf but sometimes I wish the site wasn't so dead..
Anyway private trackers are the way to go

plenty of shit to watch or throw on in the background.

one of the few services available on consoles in Canada.

I can marathon shows for the kids without having to press buttons between episodes.

Because I'm still on my free month. It's been good so far for Limmy's Show, The Inbetweeners, and now I'm watching Toast of London, which I'm surprised I've never really seen mentioned before. I've rewatched a couple of movies too but yeah, I can see myself running out of things to watch soon.

>Anyway private trackers are the way to go

this

>the kids
Dude... old? Lmao.

wat

>ITT: people with no friends

Top lel

>I can see myself running out of things to watch soon.

I remember when I thought that. But what ended up happening is I just keep lowering my standards as to what is acceptable tv. I actually watch things I don't really like just because I need to watch something.

>Torrentimg is being slowly killed
That'll be the day. Finding shows for free online is so quick and easy that is removes some of the fun of finding them.

But really, I think this is bullshit.

>Anyway private trackers are the way to go
Why?

You have to go back

And three time as many opened.

>I actually watch things I don't really like just because I need to watch something.
Living the dream.

>Torrentimg is being slowly killed.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

If anything should kill torrenting, it's the next p2p protocol, like how torrents killed Gnutella.

Hello
Reddit!

Netflix is good if you are American

It sucks dick if you aren't

Nope.

>user wanna watch a movie
>Sure, let me fire up the torrents, wait an hour for it download then we can sit in front of my monitor! Which movie do you want
>I dunno, something good
>What's something, I can't download something
>I dunno, I just like to browse
>C'mon bitch
>user you are hurting me. Chad was right, you are a terrible creep, I'm leaving

I use it for TV, I don't have the attention span for movies anymore

>watching movies with other people, let alone a female

Or I'll just stop consuming media
But luckily I'll never have to worry about that scenario

>user wanna watch a movie?
>sure lemme turn on my £550 50'' tv
>alright now that you're comfy choose one of my exclusive 40gb encodes from hdbits.org or one of the many golden popcorns i've grabbed from ptp that are already downloaded
>wow user you sure are patrician
>???
>buffer
feels good man

more like...

>Sure, what movie?
>Amelie!
>ok downloading that to my media center. Lets make some drinks while it downloads in 10 min (from my private tracker)
>drinks are made! lets get comfy on the sofa, babe.
>wow user, what's this neat remote thing you have for your TV
>oh that's just my custom media server, made it myself (browses to amelie)
>wow user, you're really good at this tech stuff.

That sounds more likely. Actually, I've already sort of done that. I only mentioned the shows I've watched that were actually good, I've also watched others.

>Not having a completely automated Usenet setup with couhpotato and sonarr

Nice try hollyjew

>click genre you feel like watching
>sort by rating
>2 seconds away from watching something good

Women are not impressed by tech stuff. They pretend to be but in reality they could not care less about your media server. Nice try.

Such as? PTP and BTN are still going strong.

I don't have the patience or download speeds to torrent everything. I've gotten plenty of enjoyment out of the TV series on Netflix.

>paying to pirate
wew lad
Also usenet is nowhere near as good as PTP or BTN.

lmao nice fantasy nerd

>fell for the Netflix meme and put Blockbuster out a business

Mostly because family members use it. I tend to stick to BTN since I find it to be more convenient for my own stuff, but hesitant to hand my credentials over to that.

>4gb
>encode
Sounds more like a raw BD to me.

Nostalgia aside, video stores were shit. New releases were expensive to rent and usually not available unless you got there early.

i cancelled it when they started geo blocking VPN's.

there is zero reason to pay for netflix in australia, the library is barely one tenth of the US library.

>watch bitstarved crap
>give shekels to corporate
Great idea user.

You can do that on PTP/BTN too, and have much more content available. You can even configure your torrent client to download pieces sequentially if you don't feel like waiting for stuff to finish downloading and want to watch immediately. Do that all the time with larger BD rips.

It has some nice shit with a very comfortable interface

Being a kid and renting new vidya every weekend was a blast though.

More like...

>Sure, what movie?
>Do you have Amelie?
>No, but-
>Oh, nevermind.
>But I'll download it to my media center.
>What?
>Let's make some drinks while it downloads
>Uhh, how long will that take?
>About 10 minutes. It's from my private tracker.
>Um... let's just watch something else.
>Sure, let's get comfy on the sofa, babe, and I'll show you my collection with my custom media server remote that I made myself.
>Did you just call me "babe"?
>I made it myself. It's okay if you want to say that I'm "really good with this tech stuff".

My town's video store only closed down within the last year and that's because it was literally burnt down. I still remember the feeling of being in there as a little kid.

>I'm a shitty Hulu shill who only thinks streaming exists and keep making this shitty thread

YOUVE NOT JUSTIFIED YOUR CONTRIBUTION

this

I never gave a shit about the movies. I was renting sega/snes/n64 games and getting snacks. I used to ride my bike there with my friend and have pretty good memories from those times

about 95% of games were complete shit, so we wanted to play something before we begged our mom to buy it for us

Blockbuster was garbage and constantly jewing me with bullshit. Also you being nostalgic for it is bullshit since Blockbuster itself was a meme and rolled over actual video rental stores.

The original shows are pretty good and they have lot of stuff that's good to watch while high. Also, it's good for when girls come over

>get a free year of Netflix via Galaxy S7 promo
>set a reminder on my S7 calendar app to cancel the last day
>get any potential benefits of Netflix without any downsides

Problem, OP?

I've been using Plex to replace the decaying Netflix catalog, it's like my own personal Netflix. Very cozy.

Got 744 movies so far, aiming for 1000. Only shows I have on it are GoT, Inbetweeners, and The Wire.

Why would there be any downsides if you cancel?

>700 x 12gb = 8400gb
Nice, did you make a home media center yourself or just use your pc?
Watching the DON encode of mulholland drive right now

Can't you just cancel now and use it for the remainder of the year? Or does Netflix cut off service as soon as you cancel your subscription?

Hang on is that a sony bravia kd55x8509c?
I have the same one!

I'm saying any negatives that OP can come up with are moot when it's a free service

Maybe. I'll look into it. Some other companies just cut off service on the next billing cycle even if you had enough credit to continue for other cycles.

eh, i can afford it and i use it pretty regularly.

Their Marvel shows are pretty good, plus House of Cards and a decent amount of mindless sitcoms and action flicks. A good few arthouse things too

It's basically my alternative to paying the TV license.

It might have changed but the times where I've had to cancel they stopped service immediately.

But it's not a free service you dumb nigger. Are you going to keep buying Galaxy S phones to keep getting Netflix for "free"?

Yeah, also be aware that some companies bill you a few days before the current billing cycle ends, so you may want to do it a bit more in advance than one day.
Ah, that's pretty shitty. Almost any other subscription-based service like that I know of will let you use the remainder of the time you're paid up for until cutting you off.

You're responding to spam.

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/cancel-netflix.png /

Used my old PC, have 3 external drives hooked up to it. I think one is 2tb and the others are 4tb.

Although I still have a lot of space because a lot of the movies are in shittier rips (2-3gb), but all the movies I like are 8gb+, likewise some of the older stuff I have on there is quite small.

Working on purging all the YIFYs, there are probably still a handful kicking around. I usually find them when I start watching something and I have to turn up the volume to near max and it still sounds faint as shit.

Recently added that old claymation Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer cartoon in preparation for Christmas, surprisingly it was 4.4gb for a 51min file. Soon as December 1st rolls around I'll be playing my Christmas playlist 24/7 drinking eggnog and shit, can't fucking wait.

Because muh exclusive club

how many inches is that one?

>yify
>not gp or hdb internal
yuck!
Also im sure we have the same tv
>better quality
>every movie in the world
>downloads near instantly
Why would you not use them idgi

It's free for me until I cancel it, kike.

Not shit newfag, this gets posted literally everyday

Because nothing can match private trackers. Nothing. It's a fucking goldmine, and it's all community managed.

It was just under 50, 49.5 I think

Pretty sure it's the 2014 model because I got it on sale about a year ago, KDL-800c maybe. Quite happy with it. Had some problems with HDMI handhsakes (intermittent video/audio drops for a few seconds) but I seemed to have solved it by just plugging my set top box's HDMI directly into the TV instead of through the receiver, I think the problem was between the Apple TV and the receiver.

The Android system on the TV then recognizes the receiver's HDMI input as a valid speaker device so it just sends the audio out. Been over a week now with no HDMI interruptions.

That's not a free service you dumb nigger. It's free because Netflix paid Samsung to use your purchase as advertising. It goes away after a year.

Know what's free? P2P networks.

I have the newer model that's 50''
One of the best things i've ever purchased
Not surprising we have basically the same one as I read that this is the most popular tv in recent times

>pay x dollars for a thing and don't get Netflix
>pay x dollars for a thing and get Netflix
>"hurr you paid extra"

I thought kikes were supposed to be good with money.

Yeah I went down the rabbit hole of tv purchasing guides last year - contrast, uniformity, motion blur, all that shit. After all my reading I came to the conclusion that these mid-range 50" Sonys (around $1000 usually) seemed to be the best bang for buck.

Yup.

It sort of keeps getting paid for, Im not paying for it. Ive checked every account I have.

>I never use it

>I never had it, biut I see the logic of having it and I'm not so autistic as tonne upset people use a service I don't.
>but I'll post my massively autistic shill opinion
Torrents aren't dying retard, if less people use them it's because they've been superceded by even easier ways of getting shit free and immediately.

If you're a total fucking moron then you might actually believe this. Only utter plebs like you would actually believe this shit, no service has been disrupted on any of them if you aren't a complete idiot.

This
Why pirate something I can just stream, even if it is a paid service usually its slapped onto something I pay for anyway or is free and littered with ads that are easily blocked.

I like all the Netflix original series that I've watched, although there's definitely quite a few I haven't touched yet because they don't look like they're my style

I loved bloodline, narcos, and stranger things, all 3 were truly great shows in my opinion

and so far Jessica jones and luke cage are passable enough that I'll watch them so I can talk about them with my capeshit friends

>buying Samshit

no problem here m8

You are quite honestly and literally a fucking pleb

Well now you know why I haven't cancelled my Netflix then

>he's happy to be a pleb

>being so poor you can't afford a few bucks a month for countless movies and TV shows

Not all of us are on NEETbux.

More content, better quality.

>give shekels to corporate

If you hate corporations so much then why are you watching their media?

>tfw use netflix for star trek TNG, ENT, Farscape, and now it's always sunny
too afraid to explore, and Farscape will be removed next month

I'm still watching the Marvel television Netflix series.

I'm Mexican and we have our own equivalent of Netflix called Blim

It's already included with the Internet service and phone so i don't really pay for it.

It has some decent movies and series that aren't on Netflix and original series, still the UI is pretty shitty and clunky.

Having said that, i don't even watch TV anymore, i just come to this shithole for the dank menes.

Netflixs for blue collars. Amazon is for White collars.

They have great variety with television shows, and yeah they don't seem to have enough movies but they still have a good amount of good movies. It's just that not all of them are the hottest new mainstream movies and that there is a large influx of shitty B movies.

Hulu has some great movies, though, maybe you should try that.

>10 mins from private tracker
Is that for HD/bluray movies? Because I download from TPB in like 5,6 mins a 1.6 GB movie, then just stream to PS4. It's pretty neat.

I feel vaguely morally obligated to give something back to all the movies I pirate.

Because it's good. I don't want to give them my shekels though.

>1.6gb
disgusting
Also I download 12gb encodes and they take 10 mins to download due to private tracker people always seeding/using seedboxes
Maxes out my dl speed every time
Based passthepopcorn.me

The day they removed ruby gloom seasons 2 & 3 I ended it & sent customer support an anger filled email with countless racial slurs.

>tfw Amazon video isn't available in my country

3rd world life is hell, I hope Hillary wins and gives me free shit for running to America

Even your 12gb encodes are disgusting

A lossless rip is around 40 gb

What country? Canada?

>grabbing a remux everytime
No thanks I have faith in HDB and nick007

>he doesn't know plebs are happy

When's the last time you saw a Fedora Lord smile?

Good luck when h.265 comes around, or you get a 4k tv

Encodes won't work with hevc and upscaling it will be awesome to say the least

Why pay when I get the same and more movies and TV for free?

There is no reason to get Netflix except to act like a housewife.

yes

Some people do it for convenience, sometimes people just wanna get comfy and stream some movies without downloading hundreds of gigabytes.

Because my father is the one paying for it, so I may as well use it. Otherwise I wouldn't even think about it, besides I'm a jew.

Because when you start contributing to society in any way, you realize that stealing is fucked up.

Because there are basically no other streaming services available in Canada.

Though, apparently Shudder is finally coming out up here at some point this year, so that will be cool.

I got netflix from my uncle sharing his account. Live in Canada so its really bad. The selection is tiny compared to american and on top of that, most of the netflix originals seem to be pushing some agenda. At least I'm not paying for it, and Stranger Things was pretty good.

Yea I feel so bad Tom Cruise can't afford another mansion too user

Fucking retard redditor

I have a job so I will be upgrading all my hardware to play whatever I need. My 65 inch plasma is enough for another 3 years or so. Buying a 4K tv right now is like buying an HDDVD player when they first came out. Not worth it at all.

I literally bought the equivalent of another, smaller PC just to torrent and it was cheaper than expected.

>Plasma

Kek

>h.265
kek 265 will never be good and 4k is pointless right now
fuck off

This just sounds like a poor person trying to make themselves feel better about not being able to afford nice things.

I work 60 hours a week and pay taxes. I pay people for things like my car and my many electronics.

That's plenty. Movies and TV are essentially free and only retards buy into that shit. When I get fiber next year I'm going to torrent so much it will make your head spin, just to fill up my 16TB server to just about half capacity with things I like to see more than once.

h.265 is in its newest stages, and yes it has some issues

But so did 264 when we all were downloading Avi files

And as someone with both a 4k tv and an ultra wide, you're missing out

Nice, you enjoying all those 4k netflix STREAMS?
Also x264 has been mastered. For h.265 to reach the same level of efficacy it'll take so many years that something will have surpassed it by then.
What 4k tv do you have tho?

>giving ur hard earned cents to businessmen
>contributing to society
how is being a sheep going for you?

>I pay 9 bucks a month!
>That means I'm successful

No, user. Even Mexicans working at MCDonalds pay Netflix.

Come back when you have thousands of dollars invested in a high end home theater, torrent server, and gigabit home network via wall installation.

Torrenting is freedom.

>People paying for non-free software that spies on you.
I just don't understand the world sometimes.

>Come back when you have thousands of dollars invested in a high end home theater, torrent server, and gigabit home network via wall installation.

If you can afford all that, Netflix would be like pocket change.

And yet I still don't pay for it, because torrenting from a dozen private trackers is far better.

4k in h.264 are huge, good thing I have x99 and a 1080, both with support for 265 - you should see GTA redux on my tv

It's a Samsung um65 something

Not the curved one though

Ok, good for you i guess.

Don't get me wrong, i'm a quality autist hence the hdb fanboyism but to be an early adopter of 4k and 265 is insane right now
Excited to upgrade in a few years though

That's the thing - a few years is now - all three consoles, high end pc, Netflix, Amazon, most blu ray releases, they all have 4k

Now, if you said you want to wait until AMOLED gets cheaper....I'd agree with you on that

I haven't cancelled it yet because I just started my free subscription a week ago. I wanted to watch The X-Files for Halloween since I've never seen it before but I didn't feel like downloading 200 gb worth of episodes. I am pretty surprised with how awful the streaming selection is though. I'll be cancelling once I'm done.

Although I will say this, Stranger Things was a pretty fantastic watch.

I've never had Netflix but I always thought that was some great thing that I might look into someday if torrenting became impossible.

Then I actually browsed through the selection at a friends house and honestly thought I was being fooled. How could something with so limited and shit a selection ever be so popular?

People who exclusively get their entertainment from Netflix are plebs to be sure, but that's not even the worst bit in my opinion. They're entire consumption of film and television is curated by a single company. We're living in the age of the internet, yet these people consume media like it's the 90s and MTV and the radio are still the only convenient ways of discovering music.

I'm happy about traditional television dropping off, but the new world isn't much better.

their*

netflix has been getting better in finnswamp these past few months

who /newfreetrialeverymonth/ here?

It seems like the best time for Netflix was the beginning, before all these companies thought they'd be better off making their own streaming services, so greed ruined a good thing

Therefore I let greed be my sole reason to build up a sizable media server library with almost nine hundred movies and over 100 full tv series

>he fell for the 4k meme

There is a lot of good shit on there if you are into tv. Movies there is a lot less good shit, but with tv you get seasons of material to work with. Like I started watching Shameless and there is 6 seasons on there 1 hr each ep and 12 per season. That is a lot of value just right there.

always sunny, marvel stuff, archer, 30 rock, mad men, twin peaks, luther, scrubs, twlight zone, xfiles, supernatural

I mean that is a lot of material right there if you never watched any of it.

Bleh, don't feel a moral obligation

Just take comfort in the fact that the market responds to what you spend your money on
There will be more content you like if you pay for what you like

Should I keep going?

I don't get it? What is the image suppose to tell me?

>His new iPhone seven pro is only 1920x1080

You don't need Netflix to watch shitty tv shows

Especially anything after season 4 of shameless, trust me

how do watch american netflix in canada?

Vpn

Anyone paying for media (movies, music, games) in 2016 is legitimately an idiot and should kill themselves

yeah
btw this is my stats on the private tracker that i use it

how do i seed properly is there a secret? because i get like .01gb a day on KG
im not good at this. do i need to be checking in for the MoM at the very start and start seeding the top ones?

no all you need is a good internet connection

>25GB movie downloads to seedbox in a few minutes
>stream directly to 50" TV in sitting room via plex on seedbox
>?????

>>I have to keep paying for it because people use my account
Does that make you a cuckold?

>not private tracker torrenting at your connections max transfer limit
>not downloading in sequential order so you can watch your download instantly
>not using a media server to feed your TV with high quality bluray rips
why do you suck at life so much?

netflix+vpn rules though